Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What Do I Have Here?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What Do I Have Here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 04:38 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

It's nice to see that he took good care of his stuff. I'm sure you'll have a good time going through it all and getting started in this great hobby.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:01 AM
Steelhead13

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Angels 7,
I have the HOB FW-190. I plan to build it as electric. Looks like a good kit. Not for beginners to fly. I also have a Midwest P-51 kit. Looks like a keeper as well. Sterling makes great kits too, and as far as Balsa USA, the Bristol is a good kit, but an excellent manufacturer. Top Flite as well. I'd hang on to the engines, except maybe the K&B 19 although K&B do make excellent engines as well. Like mentioned before, the radios may be dated. You could sell those and as a previous person mentioned, I'd go with a 6 channel to start. Again as others mentioned, get a trainer, most likely a foam one. Horizon Hobby has a variety of trainers and the Timber is a great one. I have one myself. Easy flyer. Best of luck. Hope you join the hobby! It is rewarding and as far as building, see if you can find a local nearby RC club in your area and meet some of the more experienced members. They'll give you invaluable feedback. That's what I've done and I've been the beneficiary of plenty of knowledge and even quite a few gifts of planes and even a 6 channel Spectrum for free! There will also be members willing to train you in flying. Very important as they will know not only how to fly and train you on a buddy box (which means that they will connect your radio with theirs and can easily take over the controls if you get into trouble), plus they will be able to trim your airplanes so that they fly best. This is a very important part of the hobby. Hope there is a club in your area. Get involved and see what happens. Most RC folks are great folks and have all kinds of knowledge (and opinions) to offer!
Old 11-23-2020, 09:06 AM
Steelhead13

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Angel,
Just saw your updated list. Man that is some haul! Count your blessings. As I suggested before, get involved with a club. Those members will either want to buy some of your items or give you feedback on what you have. That may be a reliable source. I'm sure that there are many things you can list on ebay or even here on RC Universe. Just know what things are worth before listing, and know what you want to keep. Some guys will want to low-ball you in prices. Be careful! Research, research, research!
Old 12-20-2020, 01:16 PM
Raybob1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aristo-craft grumman f3f-2 biplane r/c model airplane kit

[QUOTE=Angels 7;12639671]Greetings rcuniverse!I have zero experience with rc anything! Recently, I acquired a small collection of rc airplane stuff from my neighbor (RIP). His wife was going to throw it all in a dumpster. I initially was just going to put it all on *bay and let the chips fall where they may. I performed some due diligence: searching the net and watching *tube videos. I will be honest - after watching people having fun with this hobby I think I just got bit by the bug. Now, I need help sorting through this stuff. Whats good? Whats great? Whats not so great? Whats worth keeping? What should I sell? What are they worth? I would like to keep a couple planes and join in with everyone having fun. What are your experiences/opinions with this gear? Remember, I am a complete noob so be gentle! (LOL)

Complete Unbuilt R/C Airplane Kits In Original Boxes
----------------------------------------------------------------------
House of Balsa - PT-19 #K41 P-51D #40 FW-190 #K14
Midwest Products - Mustang Fun Scale
Carl Goldberg - Anniversary Piper Cub
Sterling Models - Phil Breittling's F-51 Mustang
Balsa USA - Bristol M1
Top Flite - P51 Mustang
Aristo Craft - Grumman F3F2

Control Systems (NIB)
------------------------------
Airtronics - QS6A