Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

U.S. AirCore 40 Trainer Kit

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

U.S. AirCore 40 Trainer Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 06:47 PM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U.S. AirCore 40 Trainer Kit

Anyone liked the US Aircore trainer kit? I think it should be pretty good considering the fact that it has a nice video to go with it. Im still not sure how hard covering it will be.

Addition:

Is it a good trainer period? If i learn how to fly this lpane, will i be able t go on to the low-wings, or is this some cheap excuse for a plane? Anyway, like the looks of it and hope to get it, but not if i dont get any respnse from an owner mentioning its pluses and minuses.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:59 PM
wdennie

Default RE: US Aircore trainer

you shouldnt have to cover it it is plastic and will come painted i beleive iv seen them before they fly real well but if you have the radio and engine i would find some coroplast and go to www.spadtothebone.com and build one of the trainers they have there it will be basicly the same as the aircore and a whole lot cheaper .
Old 01-09-2005, 01:43 AM
Todd M
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: U.S. AirCore 40 Trainer Kit

Youll love the Aircore 40. It flies well and bounces even better. The Aircore will survive several HARD crashes and keep on flying. Ive had mine for almost a year and have crashed it hard 4 or 5 times, these crashes would have made toothpicks out of any balsa trainer but the Aircore only requires a few minutes to repair and is ready to go again. Get one for your first plane (or second if you started with a balsa model) and you cant go wrong. Any .40-.46 with a 10-6 or 11-4 or 5 prop will carry it around the sky quit well. It can do loops, rolls, hammer heads and nose dives to the dirt, all day. Now I'm ready to take out my scratch built balsa trainer and give it a try, I think it will survive now because the Aircore has let me make my mistakes.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:07 AM
RhyanO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The AirCore is a fine air plane. They are actually the same price as one you could build off of the plans from SpadtotheBone.com.
Either way they make excellent trainers and are VERY forgiving of hard landings.

Ryan
Old 01-09-2005, 09:14 PM
b626

I had an Aircore 40 and enjoyed flying it. It performed well and I was surprised by its' good handling. I think it is a great trainer and would recommend it to anyone. I only flew it a couple of times and then traded it for a rare aerobatics plane. Seems my friend was even more impressed by it.
You do have to be careful not to take the graphics off when you clean it.
All in all it seemed like a good plane.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:03 PM
birdnest

well samolot, I'm going to give you an opposing point of view. The aircore trainer is heavier and lands hotter (faster) than balsa models, so if you're working on landings, I dont recommend it. Crashes can damage the lite ply plate that the motor and electronics mount onto. This can be replaced. A Balsa model can also be repaired, unless you really plant it in the dirt. I found the aircore a real pain to build, particularly the wing. Building a balsa ARF is probably easier. If you are reasonably proficient at landing a primary trainer, then an Air core makes a nice back up model, or a half step up model. There are so many better choices though that I don't often recommend this model line.

peter
Old 01-10-2005, 12:42 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

I also had an aircore myself and I really didn't care to much for it. I did fly nicely and I have to give the plane that. But they are said to take a beaten and I have destroyed two of them . The crashes were a little violent where I made a mistake and the plane disappeared below a hill just off to the side of the landing strip . when I went to retrieve the plane it had ripped the wings in half and totally pulled the wing dowels out of the fuselage totally destroying the everything from the windshield to the back windshield . I did fix the wing but ended up using the wing from the second one. Just like Birdnest said I also think the thing is a royal pain in the $(&% to build especially the wings. the second one I destroyed when I was at the flying field flying the plane when one Idiot that was there that day purposely swooped up and caused a mid air collision. his prop busted the only piece of wood in the plan, the wing spare right in half. I was able to control it upside down because the wing was hanging on by a few pieces of plastic, but needless to say when I got it near the ground and flipped it over for the final touchdown the damage was to sever to fix.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Byrdman

The AirCore is a fine air plane. They are actually the same price as one you could build off of the plans from SpadtotheBone.com.
Either way they make excellent trainers and are VERY forgiving of hard landings.

Ryan
For the $70-$80 for the Aircore, which is not a bad plane, you could build 3 SPADS (at least). YOur first plane will cost a little more, but you will have enough supplies to build a few more after that.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:48 PM
fred123

Just built and flew my Aircore 40 trainer. So far, I am satisfied with the plane. Had a problem with one of the wing sheets that was creased in shipping. Tower replaced it no questions. The second shipment had both wings creased. Again no questions. The third one was ok. I have plenty of wing repair parts now. Would suggest you be very careful building the wing so that you don't get warp. One of my ailerons has a a slight twist, causing me to use more trim that I would like.. All in all, think it was a good choice for a first plane. I have started on a Sig SE. Given all the work and expense it requires to build it, I would hate to fly something like that as a first time one... Even with an instructor..Fred 123[8D]
Old 01-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Fastsky

I would only suggest an Aircore if you have to go it alone in the middle of the sticks to train yourself because there just aren't any other flyers around. IF you can get trained using a buddy box, then the lighter balsa trainers are a much better option. [8D]
Old 04-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Squinty1
My Feedback: (3)

The trainer is a really neat and good flying airplane. Also really fun the wind speeds over 30 mph. Hey I`m hardcore 3d and Imac flyer and I still love to fly my aircore. Yes it will land pretty slow too.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:52 AM
manks7477

I have seen several of these take a real beating, one (it was a Colt 40 not the trainer) dove in after a loop at almost full power, that plane flew again the next week, with about $5 worth of repairs.

That said, they are very heavy and need a bit more power than a regular .40 can provide. I would overpower the plane by a bit if you are going to buy one.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:18 AM
ripmax

Hello, anyone know where I could get the instruction booklet that comes in the kit for one of these? Thanks!