Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Would this setup be a good start for a beginning pilot???

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Would this setup be a good start for a beginning pilot???

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 05:12 PM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Would this setup be a good start for a beginning pilot???

I am glad it's working for you. I hope you continue to have success.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Missileman

Well, I guess congratulations are in order.
It is recommended that you get an instructor as the majority of people, even with a sim would find flying to be very difficult.
However that is not true of everyone.
I am glad to hear of your success. Keep practicing on the sim and best of luck.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:41 PM
chashint

ORIGINAL: brian8474

Ok Im back again..Even after all the advice i received i was about to just forget about this hobby, But i decided to do it anyway all by myself and see what would happen...I bought the flatout turmoil arf from greatplanes with the brushless upgrade and a futaba 6 exas radio with servos and esc ...My first flight was a success as the following 7 have been as well.. I have not crashed yet ..BUT i have had some rough landings .1 broken prop and some bent landing gear and thats it..I guess i owe it all to realflight g3 ..I think the biggest part of learning to fly is learning the controls and knowing how to correct the aircraft..After that it's all gravy.......
Congratulations [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
I am impressed.
If I may ask how old are you ?

The reason I am curious is the young ones these days seem to be pretty adept with the eye hand coordination, our RC transmitters are pretty simple controllers to someone that has mastered Play Station or X Box, plus they already understand the left right reversal of the controls when the object is coming and going.

If you are an older person that did not experience Playstation then I am even more impressed.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:45 PM
brian8474

ORIGINAL: bruce88123

You haven't even flown a tough plane yet. Good luck.

He appears to be a member of
BURLESON FUN BUNCH RC CLUB
so he is probably at least getting some coaching.
Well i have now flown a 35% yak 54 it was wabbly but i managed to land safely at the expense of my friends very high pulse i was on a cord so if i got outta control he could save the plane.Thats the only way he would let me fly his plane.I dont blame him a bit ..But it was a blast i gotta get one now..If only the wife would say yes LOL. P.S Everyone seemed to say the flatout turmoil was tough and not for the beginner honestly i think their right the 35% yak was easier..Even though i dont think anyone would have the balls to start with a high dollar plane like the yak . I know i sure wouldnt. But atleast the foamie is only 39.99 if ya trash it as long as the electronics are safe thats not a bad risk at all im glad i did it.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:25 PM
brian8474

I am 29 and yes i had all the video consoles playstation 2 being the latest..
ORIGINAL: chashint

ORIGINAL: brian8474

Ok Im back again..Even after all the advice i received i was about to just forget about this hobby, But i decided to do it anyway all by myself and see what would happen...I bought the flatout turmoil arf from greatplanes with the brushless upgrade and a futaba 6 exas radio with servos and esc ...My first flight was a success as the following 7 have been as well.. I have not crashed yet ..BUT i have had some rough landings .1 broken prop and some bent landing gear and thats it..I guess i owe it all to realflight g3 ..I think the biggest part of learning to fly is learning the controls and knowing how to correct the aircraft..After that it's all gravy.......
Congratulations [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
I am impressed.
If I may ask how old are you ?

The reason I am curious is the young ones these days seem to be pretty adept with the eye hand coordination, our RC transmitters are pretty simple controllers to someone that has mastered Play Station or X Box, plus they already understand the left right reversal of the controls when the object is coming and going.

If you are an older person that did not experience Playstation then I am even more impressed.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:30 PM
baddog135

new to the hobby myself; Ive found alot of pessimism in the older guys, i can understand that, but if u say u can or if u say u cant, then youre right! thats my motto. My first plane is the Parkzone Super Decathalon. Yes Ive crashed, and fixed it easily, I can fly it good, just havent mastered landings yet. This plane is easy to fly, the most important thing is to make sure its set up correctly. going to continue electric with the Typhoon 3D next, I think it will be easier because it has more power. Any advice, suggestions, comments welcome. Ive always wanted an rc plane, and now that i have one, i know im in it for life!
Old 05-30-2006, 06:37 PM
brian8474

Yeah baddog i think we are the new revolution of R/C flight........ Maybe we are better ?... Maybe we are not? But i think with the sims that are on the market now , It is going to change the way R/c enthusiasts talk in these forums.I honestly believe these sims are the @#$% No pun intended.They teach you the basics of flying and getting use to the orientation of the plane and how to correct the aircraft. I can not imagine trying to fly a plane not knowing how to control it. That would be doom from the beginning.That is a very important step in flying PERIOD.You most definitely need to know what mode you want to fly and master it,Before you even think about buying a plane..This is my experience from flying sims for 3 years before buying a plane .It is definitely different when you have a plane in real life than in a sim.I hope this is a help for any beginning pilots. Realflight G3 is what helped me.. If i didnt have this sim it would have cost me dearly. Good luck to all in this Great Hobby...........Brian P.S You need to be mechanically inclined to even try ...If you aren't then move on ..
Old 06-02-2006, 02:20 PM
brian8474

Ps Im still a beginner for sure...
Old 06-02-2006, 02:37 PM
nickj

The new revolution, huh? You could be right. With all the new technology in computers and electrics, I wonder what the "new revolution" will look like 10-20 years from now.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:39 PM
brian8474

10 to 20 years from now it is going to be unbeleivable..I started r/c with a nitro traxxas t-maxx truck the year they came out with it.And now they have the revo!! technology is unbeleivable and thats only been about 5 or 6 years ago..I can only imagine what it will be like in 20 years...Scary.The planes will probably fly themselves..Unfortunately.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:52 PM
striderjg

You mean like this..
http://www.nascent-tech.com/press.htm
Of course, the price tag is a little out of reach One of the club members at my club has one that he's starting up a company with. His website is down right now, but www.airbotservices.com is it.
-John