Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

How to build a stand for rc airplanes???

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

How to build a stand for rc airplanes???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 06:16 PM
JsJet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to build a stand for rc airplanes???

I'm running out of room for my airplanes, but i have room to build a shelf for them...The problem is "HOW" to build a shelf made from plastic pipes. Can anyone teach me or show a picture of it?

Thanx

Steve

This is what i mean!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87935.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	495811   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26348.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	495812  
Old 07-23-2006, 10:12 PM
RVM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to build a stand for rc airplanes???

I use 1/2" inner diameter PVC pipe for my planes (it doesn't look like 1/2", but that's what the pipe says), all under 14lbs. Just get some "T" fittings, some elbow fittings and some of the round sticky insulation. Glue it together with PVC cement, to the shape and size you need, wrap it with the soft insulation and voila, you're done. It's real easy and really effective. A stand/mount for one plane costs about $6, including the glue, and you can use the glue for a bunch of them.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:51 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How to build a stand for rc airplanes???

my method cost a little bit more but works well, if you buy 2 shelf standards the kind you screw to the wall studs from Home Depot or local hardware store, screw to the wall at 32" apart in the studs. then get pipe insulation 1/2" works well to pad the brackets with, cut it to length and slip over the bracket ends for padding . you yhen can add as many brackets for wings and fusalages and adjust acordingly keeps it all neatly stacked and out of the way.