Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Field Box Schematic Needed

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Field Box Schematic Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 11:12 AM
mouthpiec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Field Box Schematic Needed

Hi all,

I need a Field Box Schematic so that i will be able to do it myself.
Where can i find one?

thanks
Old 09-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Fastsky

Default RE: Field Box Schematic Needed

I am not really sure what you are looking for?!? Are you talking about plans for building a field box or something electronic?
Old 09-23-2006, 05:19 PM
papaw

try one of these

http://webpages.charter.net/rcfu/Pla...s/FieldBox.gif
http://webpages.charter.net/rcfu/Pla...ages/BNBox.gif
Old 09-23-2006, 07:47 PM
mouthpiec

i am looking for plans to built a field box.
The one you gave me are good but i wish the the box, on the top part will have 2 semi circles parts so that i will be able to put the plane on them

thanks
Old 09-23-2006, 07:57 PM
AirforceRcks

could just buy one.
be a heck of a lot easier.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXL416&P=0
like this one
Old 09-23-2006, 08:12 PM
mouthpiec

it is easy but not cheap!

In-Stock Items: $19.99
International Surface: $38.49

Total Current Charges: $58.48

the postage will cost me twice as much as the item!
Old 09-23-2006, 09:56 PM
AirforceRcks

lol
sry i didnt see where you lived.
i tried.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:20 PM
john_s3
My Feedback: (1)

I Saved A Lot Of Weigh In My Flight Box.I Took A Standard Plastic Tool Box ( 30"x12 ) And Added A 40OZ Fuel Tank To The Bottom And Use That Instead Of Carrying A Whole Gallon Of Fuel Around.I Have The Pump And The Over Flow In The Box.The Only Problem I Have Is The Caster Oil Gets Out Some How.Have Not Figured That One Out. All Lines Are Clamped With Forceps.??????
There Is Still Plenty Of Room For Stuff.I Have My Plane Mount In Another Box That Have My Battery And Electrics.It Is Smaller So I Can Have It At The Flight Line.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:12 AM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: mouthpiec

i am looking for plans to built a field box.
The one you gave me are good but i wish the the box, on the top part will have 2 semi circles parts so that i will be able to put the plane on them

thanks
I have a box similar to the Hobbico model referenced in the Tower Hobbies link. I took a few photos of the cradle. You could make the parts from plywood, or other material, and adapt them to any box that has a similar design. The end parts of the box need to go about 2 inches above the handle and a vertical slot is cut for the screw that holds the cradle and box together.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52710.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	529492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96749.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	529493   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23880.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	529494   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82560.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	529495  
Old 09-24-2006, 11:32 AM
carrellh

The cradles in the last post did not stay on my field box. I found it very inconvenient trying to access the box with a plane on top. I bought a manufactured cradle; but understand the need to build something due to cost, especially the international shipping.

You could make a free-standing plane cradle using PVC plastic plumbing pipe, elbow fittings, and tee fittings. It can be made using ½ or ¾ inch pipe and fittings

The drawings hopefully show the general concept but they’re not actual plans.

This design requires:
6 tee fittings
4 elbow fittings
a few feet of pipe
8 end caps for pipe – optional

Pad the cradles with foam pipe insulation
It can be glued together or you can drill the connections and use sheet metal screws to hold it together.

It can be any size you need.

In the US, the PVC materials are very cheap. You could make one of these to custom fit each plane you get.

A person could even make it using copper pipe or threaded steel pipe; or adapt the concept to wood. Use whatever is easiest and cheapest to get.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96197.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	529502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14425.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	529503  
Old 09-24-2006, 02:25 PM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mouthpiec,

You know what you want. Draw up some plans or just do like I did. I figured it out in my head, made a list of materials and went to the lumber yard. I made mine where the cradles can be used for 20 size planes all the way up to 30% giant scale. I made mine with three drawers. One is sectioned off into cubes for small parts and the other two are open for whatever tools you need in one and spare props, etc. in the other. I used a 1 1/2" dowel that I use as a handle. The bottom of the box is longer that the box so I could make a ventilated area for my 12v battery and power panel. The other end is big enough to hold a gallon fuel jug or can. There is a shelf that is about 5" down from the top of the boxes walls. I then divided this area in half length wise for my radio, starter, glow heater and cleaning bottle, etc. I carry the paper towels to the field in the cradles. Good Luck

Gibbs
Old 09-24-2006, 05:50 PM
LonestarMan

Okay M/P here's what I did when my friend decided she thought she wanted to do this l'il thing we do... 1st I opened up my handy-dandy TowerHobbies salesflyer and said pick one you like. She did . I said Okay. Then I proceeded to build the one I knew I could for free.. Guess what the plan was.. The Hobbico Ultra-Tote feild box. It's 19" high__8" wide__ 13" long. Like any scratch-built project, you need a plan. In this case you draw your own __ nothin' fancy. But here's the Trick__ your measurements and cuts HAVE TO BE STRAIGHT and ACCURATE!!!! Since Tower has graciously put an instructions book on PDF file.. Viola..!!, you have a good idea how to cut the parts. You gonna have to be a li'l creative here. Isn't R/Cing fun?.. So like building anything ie. house,plane doghouse, or whatever, you need a base or reference or foundation. In this case the floor or base is 13". Since I like round numbers, let's use 14" or 15". A few questions now__ how big is your fuel jug or can__ and how big is your fieldbox batt. Also H. U. T. is approx 8" wide. Adjust said measurements accordingly.. Naturally, you can vary these figures to your specs. Anyway cut your base say 14" long X 8" wide. Now all other measurements are coming off this piece. Your two uprights,drawer, sides, and batt box space.Now_ I would suggest you lay this out on a piece of card board 1st The main two things you have to worry about is base length/width and upright placement; everything else can be adjusted and fall in place__ Measure twice __ cut once!!! Also allow for wood thickness__ inside measure__ you lose surface__ outside__you gain.. Like I said Tower has the manual on PDF file and it pretty much shows everything you need to know. Sorry I don't have a cam to post any pixs. HTH... Rob...

P.S. if you have access to a tablesaw or radial-arm saw, it speeds up the project considerably... For the cradles, you can be fancy and use a scrollsaw or coping saw or just cut the pieces straight and glue them together like a "L" and cut out slots in the middle for adjusting to fuse widths. Also I used a broomstick for the handle. You can use a big dowel.....
Old 09-25-2006, 01:50 AM
mouthpiec

thamks anyone for the suggestions .... i will make good use of them!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:57 PM
LonestarMan

I do what I can.....[sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif].......Rob