Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

In flight CA hinge failure...

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

In flight CA hinge failure...

Old 10-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Pete1burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: In flight CA hinge failure...

Your point being that model airplane manufacturers have the same quality control and standards of NASA and national automotive safety ?

Just kidding. I get the point.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:01 AM
CafeenMan

I get your point. Astronauts die sometimes. Car drivers die sometimes. Sky divers die sometimes. CA hinges die sometimes. It's all very sad and tragic although I would rate the tragedy of dead CA hinges well below the tragedy of the other things listed.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:34 AM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: CafeenMan

I get your point. Astronauts die sometimes. Car drivers die sometimes. Sky divers die sometimes. CA hinges die sometimes. It's all very sad and tragic although I would rate the tragedy of dead CA hinges well below the tragedy of the other things listed.
Although I never considered a plane as a friend, I have had friends die in each of the other categories during my past.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Fastsky

I"m with Pete on this one. The applications bruce mentions are are not the same and the fabric hinges are changed when where the CA touches it. If it touches outside the balsa it will make it brittle and breakable. [&o]
Old 10-17-2006, 01:41 PM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: Fastsky

I"m with Pete on this one. The applications bruce mentions are are not the same and the fabric hinges are changed when where the CA touches it. If it touches outside the balsa it will make it brittle and breakable. [&o]
You missed the point Fastsky. Pete stated he did not trust "thin fabric" PERIOD. THAT was the issue I was addressing and no other.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Pete1burn

Wait, I'm not with or against anyone. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. Just saying that for me, I would feel more comfortable with my plane in the air relying on something a little more substantial than fabric.

They could be completely and totally safe, but I still don't trust them. That doesn't mean that there aren't people out there who have never had a problem with them.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Fastsky

I stand corrected! [8D]