Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

stuck in a sticky mess

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

stuck in a sticky mess

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Dave trimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stuck in a sticky mess

actually I have only used 3 types of glue and need help understanding the functions of ALL types of glue
I have use Thin CA, 30 min and construction adhesive when I was learning. Other than Thin for hinges I would like it if someone could give me an overview of ALLLLLLLL glues (that are in the hobby)

Thanks, Dave Trimmer
Old 05-30-2007, 09:21 PM
ptmac3
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: stuck in a sticky mess

Check [link=http://www.airfieldmodels.com/information_source/construction_materials_for_model_building/adhesives.htm]this[/link] out.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Dave trimmer

Thanks.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:25 PM
rlipsett

med ca for filling small gaps, a good all around building glue,sets in a few seconds so be quick with positioning. Thick ca for when you need time to pin and adjust parts before the glue sets. Wood glue gives good hold it soaks into the wood and bonds really strong and does not give off vapors that ca glues do that you will eventually become sensitive too. 5 min epoxy a good fast setting epoxy that does not form deep strong bonds due to the fact that it sets before it can be absorbed too deeply into the pieces. The longer the set time the stronger the bond within reason, anything over 45 minutes is not going to give you much more strength.