Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
I Need Help Please Read >

I Need Help Please Read

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

I Need Help Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Help Please Read

Hi IM 14 and ive been flying for a 6 mouths ......At first when I started off I bought a SIG 4 star with os 40 and asked somebody to look over it for me It took me an up for a few weeks .But i have had my miss happens but that is not the point i fly good i do very good in school but my problem is that i have no money and my Mom died of cancer and dad has bad heart problems and hates r/c planes and i have no money to keep the one thing i love so much going my planes the way IM running this is that i have a cox battery pack and a prop stick and a can or gas when i go out to the field and every now and then i well ask the older guys for help and they well not Help you i think it just because there so old God for bid if they loss 30 second from the life! If you guys where me no what should i do i think i should just give it up i have no money no fieldbox no help no one the fly with and all the people are old guys that don't care and is it just me but i think they should get there butts up and pass this hobby on to younger people they could use the help and resources but there stuck in there old ways please if you have any thing i mean any thing kit and motors radios retracts starters heat guns please if so one could help me I love it a lot what do you thing please let me know and do u thing i should give it up ?

Thanks All And God Bless,
David
Amann

i have been flying c/l by the way because i can not keep the four star going if u know any one who has any cox c/l planes for sale they do not wont please let me know and IM also looking for a sailplane because i have a two channel radio with micro servo given to me or some thing 2 channel and IM looking for any and all 4 channel radio engine and planes all of that kind or stuff i dont care if it is from 1/2a to 1.20 size and just to prove IM a kid i well try to post some pictures of me with my four star and the one thing IM looking for the most is just support in this hobby and please no more e-mail from people calling me a fake !!! I just like to know if any one out there has stuff they do not won't because i would like it a lot and u be make a kid happy just rember some people have it harder then you so stop makeing it harder because what goes around comes around around. :boxing: :cry: :angry: :drowning:

And Here is a Picture of me to prove to all of you im 14 and not a fake!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4580_3871.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	3624  
Old 03-03-2002, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Puddlemaster and Welcome to RCU,

I think you will find a great bunch of people here at RCU willing to give all the info you need so you can make purchases wisely etcc.. to help save you some money.

As far as giving up your dream? NEVER! It might take you longer to achive those dream, but never give up.

I am sorry to hear about your mother passing away, my mother also died a year ago with cancer, and it take a toll on me, we were very close. My prayers are with you.

This is a problem every 14 year old boy goes thru. You just have to find a way around it. When I was your age I needed spending money. Someone in my Church contacted me and asked if I would mow the yard for $20 a week. I told them I couldn't afford to haul a lawn mower and pay the gas with that. They said oh no, that's just to mow it, we provide the lawnmower and gas. You bet I jumped on that! That was FREE money! My dad saw how motivated I was, and bought a riding mower and a old beat up '59 Chevy truck to haul it around. That's how I earned my money to go places. (plus my dad got his yard mowed). There are all kind of ways to make quick money, just look around. It will require a little manual labor though.

As for the guys at the field, I assume this field is close, is the reason you go to it. You mention you fly good, who helped you fly? Is he still able to help you? If the guys at the club aren't helping you, you may have to help them. Explain to them you are new and need some help. Does the club have a grass field? Maybe they could use some help cutting the grass? Do you see any trash at the field, others have left behind. If so pick it up and throw it away. You will be showing them you care, believe me some of us older guys will notice that (becasue we can't bend over to pick it up)

Ask some of the older guys if anyone your age ever comes out there flying, if so find out when and try and be there at that time. That will give you a flying buddy.

BTW, give us a little more info on the type of planes you are flying, the radios you are using and the problems you are having. Read the posts here at RCU, you will find all kinds of ways to save moeny. No need buy an expensive starter and battery if you can learn to flip a engine the right way to start it.

If you can gives us your location, there may be somebody here at RCU who may live right down the road from you and is willing to help you.

Hope this helps some.
Randy
Old 03-03-2002, 03:23 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Hey PuddleMaster,

Read the e-mail I sent you and let me know if I can help.

Cliff
Old 03-03-2002, 06:54 PM

Looks suspicious to me guys. Would someone write like that at 14 if they did good in school. Looks like a really good scam to me. But that's just my opinion, of course.

I like the responses though. Magnum, you have the right idea. Well done!
Old 03-03-2002, 07:36 PM

"This is the message:

hi thank for your reply You no im going to put this is nice as i can i said no more calling me a fake please so here is how this goes this well be as nice as i well get to you shut your pie hole and i am 14 and im going to post pictures ."

Thanks for the email David. I appreciated the well worded message

BTW Nobody said you weren't 14! Post your pictures.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:02 PM

Slam,
Thanks for the comments.

David,

This goes both ways. If anyone is harassing you by email from this system please forward the email to me or one of the other moderators. We can handle it.

As moderators we are tasked with maintaining order, so let's keep the replies to only postive constructive comments.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:15 PM

Default Roger

Ok well do i went out to the feild to fly today and took a picture of me and i well post it here and show all or u who are calling me a fake

I would like to Thank all who do believe me.

Thanks
David
Old 03-03-2002, 09:42 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Gentlmen,

Whether or not you believe the story or not, someone has asked for our help. If you can not (or will not) help Don't get involved. Let those of use that are willing determine the validity of the information provided. I got into this hobby with the assistance of people that were willing help me and I'm going to help anyone I can that asks. David, Don't give up! There are people out there that will help you. Take Magnum's advise. It sounds as if he has been and done that. Most of us have. Most of all have fun!

Cliff
Old 03-04-2002, 12:45 AM

If puddlemasters post is a result of "Very good in school" then maybe the school should be burned down!

Pull the other leg!

Ed S
Old 03-04-2002, 12:53 AM

This really burns me up inside because some people in this hobby just don't care about others. I am 18 years old and really considering finding a new field. The place I fly at is great and has great people but there are a few rugulars that I can't stand. They are never willing to do anything but help themselves. I like to fly 3D and like doing things right over the runway. I of course don't when others are in the air. Most of the guys will watch and compliment me but there are always a few jelous people that will start something when I get down. I hate to say this but if I wanted I could crush them in my hand.
To reply to the original resonse I can understand if you are asking people to train you on a sunday or non training night or something like that because I can't stand if I just go out for a nice afternoon of flying and it's a non training night and someone asks me to take them up. I sometimes will but if I don't then they get all mad. If I lived by you I would even come to pick you up if you couldn't get a ride. It's always nice when other younger people come out. As for saying that he is good in school but his typing is not so good you can be a 14 year old and be good inschool and they might not have good typing skills.
Old 03-04-2002, 01:25 AM

Default need help?

David, If you live in or close to Tampa Fla. send me an e mail and maybe my brother and I can give you a helping hand...Tom
Old 03-04-2002, 02:47 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Default Don't give up yet Puddlemaster

Just tough it out and stick with it, anything worth doing is worth putting up with the hardship that accompanies it, It builds character. I am sorry to hear of your losses.

Now Outlaw,
I was young and strong once too and could still press you against the ceiling, That attitude will do nothing but get you trouble. I have learned over the years that there is always someone out there who is tougher and meaner than you and is just looking for a chance to prove it. If you want to gain the respect of your fellow pilots, you can't make threats. As we get older we tend to realize we are not invulnerable. We wouldn't put up with that attitude for a minute in our club, and believe me, it would be fun to take on a young punk again and teach them they are as weak as anybody else, It wouldn't be the first time.

No threats intended, just bare with the other members of the club and let them do thier thing, you do yours. If everybody thought alike it would be pointless to have elections and contests.
Don't make more of the hobby than what it is, if it stresses you out so bad then maybe it's not the hobby for you.

If you enjoy flying and love the hobby as much as I do you will overlook everybodies differences and get along. It doesn't sound like the field you have been flying at would miss you all that bad if you left if you want to crush them all, Ah, to be young and nieve.

Have fun guys, it's just a hobby.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:19 AM

Outlaw and Mrtrim,

Yall behave our I send you both to bed without any internet

Outlaw, even though I am right young at 39, I guess I am considered one of the old guys .

Even at my age, there are some guys at the field who I would really rather not be around.

Like Mrtrim said, it's all about having fun. I can tell you this much, even if you left your current club, you will still find the same type people at other clubs. It's the same with work, changing jobs isn't always the best thing.

If someone starts something, simply smile, and ignore them. They will soon lose interest.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:34 AM

Default I'll punish myself, to bed with no supper.

Hey Magnum, Good reply. I'm 37 and been in the hobby for 17 years myself, I just had to comment on the post as it ended with "to prove I could crush my club members, here is a picture" and I thought back to when I was young and thought I could conquer the rest of the world and the problems the attitude caused me.
I learned it wasn't the case after spending almost 3 months in boot camp, I wasn't as tough as I thought I was.I loved the Military, learned to fly RC while stationed in Japan in 1985.
I love to help new members and visitors at our club, we are fairly new and need all the members we can get, I was a beginner once too and thank everybody that ever helped me, Now is my turn to give something back to the hobby. If Puddlemaster was here I would do anything I could to help him out.
I recently shipped a new plane to a 12 year old kid in California to help him out, didn't cost him a cent for shipping or otherwise, but it kept him in the hobby and he now flies really well from what I'm told ( I don't know if you were ever on RCO last year, but if you ever followed the Radley story, you would see what I'm talking about) It feels good to help out and spread the hobby we love so much.
But back to the subject, Just pointing out the fact that an attitude can get you into trouble.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:42 AM

I also will say that you guys have my respect and hope that I have yours. I just got really mad when I saw that no one would help this guy out and right away thought about the people at my club. I always love helping out the new guys because they are high spirited. A Few old guys come out just to try and run the field and I don't like that. Let's just say that you guys were right and I was less right so we all can just get back to the hobby part of this forum.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:44 AM

No problem at all, I was just picking on ya..I didnt take your post the wrong way.

I wasn't on RCO much last year, never could get the site to load

Feels good to help someone out though doesn't it...I think everyone feels the same way you do.

Frustrating part is I just trashed a bunch of stuff he could probably use. I to would have sent it if I could.

See ya,
Randy
Old 03-04-2002, 03:57 AM

Outlaw.

Thank you You have earned mine....
Old 03-04-2002, 04:01 AM

Default stop it

You know what i posted this post to get help not for people to bicker like the old farts form the movie gummpy old man and if it Feels so good to help someone out then help me !!! open these field box find those new use and crashed planes or no longer needed one any one would like any more and burt out radio and engine pack them up and ship them up and ship them to me please IM sick of the fighting lets try and keep this page to trying to help me OK thanks please people open your heart and feel good and give away that old stuff you do not need I well take any thing.

Thanks,
David
Old 03-04-2002, 04:15 AM

Default Hey Outlaw

It wasn't my intention to upset you, just trying to give some advice that would prevent some of the hardships I went through at 18.
I lost some good friends that thought they were the toughest guys on earth, they took on some older gentleman who didn't want anything to do with it and just shot them, they are buried a few hundred feet from my house and the older man is still in prison, a waste of 3 lives over an attitude.
I hope you don't think I am threatening you in any way, just the opposite, I am trying to help you avoid the problems that go with the 18 year old conception that we are invincible and tougher than anybody else. I hope you never have to go through any of the things I did as a youngster, I read your post and just had to say something, it brought back alot of bad memories.

Please accept any appologies you have coming and listen to us old farts, with age comes wisdom.
Old 03-04-2002, 04:25 AM

Default sorry

sorry about the old people remark i was just getitng a little mad ones agion if u can help me well u help me ?

please,
David
Old 03-04-2002, 04:36 AM

Default What I can do to help you.

Hi David, Sorry about the post getting astray there.
I am looking through my box of extra items, I have some extra sets of wheels, a couple of motor mounts, some extra fuel tanks, some rubber bands, some older style hinge slotting tools, maybe an extra fuel pump, not sure yet, some fuel tubing, and a few other odds and ends. Sorry I don't have any old kits or engines to give away. I will put a small package together with enough hardware to complete a trainer and send it to you, please email me your mailing address and I will see what I can do.

Now, can anybody else contribute to the cause??? lets see if we can help keep the hobby going for him.
Old 03-04-2002, 04:59 AM

Default Here's the best I can do for you right now Buddy

Here is the best I can come up with David, I hope it will help out.

1. 4-way wrench
1. new bag of #64 rubber bands
1. new package of 3 feet of fuel tubing
1. .40 sized engine mount
1. package of 1/16th threaded rods with clevises (2)
1. set of allan wrenches
1. new Tower hobbies Glow PLug with Idle bar
1. new switch and charging jack mounting set
1. phillips screwdriver
3. props, 1 10x6 1 9x6 and 1 9x4
1. easy fueler fuel filler valve kit
4. 2 1/2 inch tires
1. fuel tank with hardware
3. older tower hobbies servos for Futaba

I wish I could do more for you, all I ask in return is that you pass the favor along when you are able to do so, be it helping out others at your field or giving extra items to someone else that needs them when you are able to do so.
I have it boxed up and ready to send, I will send it out tuesday morning.
I hope this helps some.
Old 03-04-2002, 07:05 AM
My Feedback: (5)

I'm closing this one down for awhile and for the following reasons.

1. You come here asking for help, but we know nothing about you outside of what you have posted, and a picture still doesn't tell us anything.
2. You have gone from asking to almost demanding that someone give you stuff and that's rude.
3. If we were to send you anything then what would you do when that stuff is gone?? Would you come back and ask for more?
4. You are embarking on a very expensive hobby and you must figure out a way to support it without asking for help all the time, we all had to work for what we have, and so must you.
5. We are a caring bunch of people and we like to help our fellow modeler, but until you can proof who are without any question, then we will question you and your validity

I know you won't like this, but if we start giving stuff away then what's to stop a bunch more from coming in here and asking for the same things that you are asking for???
Old 03-04-2002, 10:02 AM
My Feedback: (67)

Default In Need Of Help

HELLO PUDDLEMASTER,
LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE HAVING A PROBLEM BOTH WITH YOUR CLUB AND TRYING TO PROVE WHO YOU ARE.ONE WAY TO GET SOMEONE TO HELP YOU IS TO GET INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB,PROVE TO THEM YOU WANT TO LEARN RC,THEN HELP THE OLDER ONES AT THE FIELD LIKE HOLDING THERE PLANES WHEN STARTING THEM,HELP LOOK FOR DOWN PLANES WHEN SOMEONE HAS A MISHAP.THE MAIN THING IS TO GET INVOLVED WITH YOUR CLUB,AND IF YOU ARE WILLING AND DEDICATED THEN THAT WILL SHOW THE OTHERS YOUR DEDICATION.AS FOR PROVING YOUR SELF ON RCU JUST POST YOUR AMA NUMBER FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO CHECK UP ON YOU.IF YOU DONT HAVE A AMA NUMBER YOU MUST GET ONE BEFORE CONCIDERING TO FLY RC(THAT IS A MUST)AND A RULE AT EVERY FLYING FIELD.
IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD AMA TALK WITH AMA AND MAYBE THEY COULD HELP YOU OUT ON THE INSURENCE. ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE MONEY IS TO COLLECT POP CANS (IIF YOUR STATE HAS A DEPOSIT ON AND CAN OR BOTTLE)BELIEVE ME THAT KINDA MONEY ADDS UP.MY SON PICKS UP POP BOTTLES ALL THE TIME AND USUALLY BRINGS IN $10.00, THEN SAVE THAT MONEY FOR WHAT YOU NEED.BELIVE ME ITS NOT THAT WE DONT TRUST YOU,ITS JUST THAT PEOPLE HAVE HAD THERE TRUST IN OTHERS TAKEN FOR GRANTED,SO THAT IS WHY YOU ARE BEING QUESTIONED SO MUCH.I DONT THINK EVERONE AT RCU IS TRYING TO TURN YOU AWAY.HOPE THIS SHEDS SOME LIGHT ON WHY YOU ARE DOUTED SO MUCH.
NEDYOB
Old 03-04-2002, 10:55 AM
My Feedback: (62)

Default Good Advice Ned

Maybe puddlemaster can email me privately and we can sort this out_Bob