Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

fuel lines - help!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

fuel lines - help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 06:14 PM
aircowboy
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel lines - help!

I have just put a 46FX in my H9 Funtana and it flies great. Now I need to know how you guys hook up your fuel lines so you can get the fuel out. I have 3 lines going to my tank. 1 filler, 1 to carb and 1 to exhaust. My motor is concealled in the cowl so I cant get to the carb line to empty the tank when I am done flying. How do you do it? My filler line cannot be used to get the fuel out because the line doesnt go to the bottom of the tank.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:30 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

You have to put a clunk on that filler line down into the tank. Lot of re-work, but it's got to be there. An alternative is to install a quick fueling valve such as the great planes quick filler.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:35 PM
Tattoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never used the third line on any of my planes. On cowled planes, or RNV engines where it's just a downright pain to get to the carb line, I leave it alone. I'll put an inline filter in the pressure line just before the firewall, with enough fuel line to access it behind the engine, or above the cowl. This makes a great place for fueling and defueling by disconnecting the pressure line at the filter.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:03 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turn the plane upside down and de-fuel through the vent line, or stand it on it's nose and use the fill line.
Dennis-