Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

CEN FF random questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Tinybaum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN FF random questions

Ok so the factory mounts just seem a little weak. Has anyone changed their mounts? If so what did you use or do?

The pivot thing used to connect the she shocks to the shock tower seems to always bend, that makes it difficult to pull the shocks off. Has anyone found a better solution then the factory screws?

How do you secure the screw and spring for the shift point? I didn't know if using lock-tite was a smart thing to do so I haven't done it.

Steve

Old 01-13-2009, 10:41 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CEN FF random questions

The rear body mounts were a disaster from Cen.. what I did was modified the 2 post to one post in the center.. I got this tip from the guys at Cen.. thats what their racers were doing... If you look at the picture of my MT2 you can see the rear post...

as for the shock screws.. I used titanium screws.. they worked pretty good.... Then I switched to Tmaxx shocks and used the traxxas black plastic shock spacer and a Titanium screw and nut... never had a problem.. the shock tower would bend first.,

My set screw never worked loose and was never a problem.. try and change the set screw and see if that helps.. maybe the shifter assembly is worn out and the threads are no good.. I don't recommend thread lock, but you can try the green thread lock thats not very strong and see if it will hold it...
Old 01-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Tinybaum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks cenracer1.

I have tried a whole new shifter kit and the same thing happened. If I screwed it tight I couldnt get the truck to hit 2nd gear.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:37 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then try a small dab of green loctite...