Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 07:27 AM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

Hi George

I've made the two canopies and one fuse. I am making the second fuse . It won't be long now. I'll PM you when I get ready to ship them.

Don
Old 10-11-2011, 01:33 PM
gkaraolides

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

Thanks Don! Looking forward to getting news of this.

I wonder, will these fuselages and canopies will fly the furthest away of any you've made?

Best regards,

George
Old 10-11-2011, 01:40 PM
frequent flyer

ORIGINAL: gkaraolides

Thanks Don! Looking forward to getting news of this.

I wonder, will these fuselages and canopies will fly the furthest away of any you've made?

Best regards,

George

Well, I sold them in the USA, Austrilla, Norway, Sweden, Brazil, Canada, New Zeland, South Africa, Scottland, and to a G.I. in the South Pacific at a military base. I'm not sure of all the mileages but you're out there, that's for sure. Hope you enjoy them! Happy Flying.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:17 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Don, I got my replacement Atlanta fuse today. Thanks, it looks great, very sturdy yet light as a feather. Believe it or not the box that arrived today was heavily damaged. But the fuse is fine so no problem.
What to do with the damaged one?
Old 10-11-2011, 05:02 PM
frequent flyer

ORIGINAL: dhal22

Hey Don, I got my replacement Atlanta fuse today. Thanks, it looks great, very sturdy yet light as a feather. Believe it or not the box that arrived today was heavily damaged. But the fuse is fine so no problem.
What to do with the damaged one?
You may keep it. Glad to hear that you got the New one.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:57 PM
gkaraolides

ORIGINAL: frequent flyer
ORIGINAL: gkaraolides
Well, I sold them in the USA, Australia, Norway, Sweden, Brazil, Canada, New Zeland, South Africa, Scottland, and to a G.I. in the South Pacific at a military base. I'm not sure of all the mileages but you're out there, that's for sure.
Nice group of destinations there! I suppose that puts me furthest to the East

G.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:57 AM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man,

it must be hard living in Cyprus George. One day, I will just have to come and visit and lend a hand with that second Atlas!

According to the French, the people in the Southern Mediterranean islands have the healthiest food habits!

David.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:58 AM
gkaraolides

Hi David,

Cyprus has its good points and its bad points like most places; the people, the food, the beaches, and about 280 days a year practice weather for pattern flying being among the good points. If you can stay conscious in the heat in July and August, and if your engine can keep from frying itself, you can probably bump that up that to 330 days a year...

Yes, our grandparents who lived in villages, worked hard on the land and practically never ate meat other than on Sundays and holidays had great eating habits and were very healthy. Our parents who grew up eating frugally like their parents, took to partaking of the local meat-based delicacies much more often when they moved to the cities and became more affluent from the 1960's on. Fast forward to today, kids have as much of a problem with too much TV, gaming and Internet time, too little exercise and too many burgers and pizzas, and adults have as much or more of their share of heart disease etc., as in most European countries. At least the food we get fat on seems to be less processed and better quality than average...

You've plenty of time to join me to build the first of the two Atlases... I am in the middle of moving house, building, renovating etc etc. so my life is a bit chaotic for the time being. It will be a while before I have a working area available for building model aeroplanes. I'll start a build thread when I begin.

All I can say for now is that my Atlases will be powered by Webra Speed 61's and have tricycle retracts like Matt's 1975 championship winner.

The retracts will probably be the [link=http://www.einziehfahrwerk.de/ezfw/ezf-050.htm]German ZFM-Kenner 5kg-rated all-metal mechanicals[/link].

Best regards,

George
Old 10-15-2011, 06:07 AM
folke190
My Feedback: (2)

hi don are you making molds of the atlanta 60 if so pm me price thanks appriciate it
Old 10-18-2011, 07:55 PM
frequent flyer

ORIGINAL: folke190

hi don are you making molds of the atlanta 60 if so pm me price thanks appriciate it
I sent you a PM
Old 10-19-2011, 02:22 AM
dhal22

Don, the Atlanta seems to be one of your more popular kits. Enough to keep them in stock I would think.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:48 AM
frequent flyer

I know, it is very popular. I have been making the Atlas and the TIPORARE 750 also. Time to cut a bunch of cores the stacks are getting low.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:43 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tiporare 750?
Chris...
Old 10-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Dean Pappas

ORIGINAL: rcguy!

Bad geometry on those linkages! ''Reverse differential'' I'd say?

Dave
Actually, that is correct differential.
Best Regards,
Dean Pappas
Old 10-19-2011, 04:39 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: stuntflyr

Tiporare 750?
Chris...
Chris,

I'm not sure if this is the question but I'll give it a shot:

the T750 was the second in line of the Tiporare series (see Dons Tipo pictures a page or two back in this thread). Yours (and mine) are "classic" Tipo's - the 720's. The T720 was the original 1980 design and the one published in the February issue of MB. The numbers refer to the wing area in square inches. I don't believe any other variation of the Tipo was ever published but I'd be happy to find out the contrary. After the 750 came the 825 and then the wing area actually went down to under 700 with the final version, the Surpass which was designed as a turnaround model for 4 stroke 90's. It is a square design with 61" dimensions and 686 squares. Hanson designed that one in 1990. Being the last in the series (as far as I know), the Tipo left a 10 year design legacy with 4 if not 5 different designs over the 1980-1990 decade. The models also had names such as the "Super Tipo (750)" (not sure about this name but it was something like it), the Hippo Tipo (825) and the "Tipo Surpass (686)". The Hippo Tipo was also optionally (or they might have all been like that) available with a pipe tunnel down the side of the fuse - no doubt you have seen the Circus Circus Tipo scheme pictures on the forum. One of them is an 825 with a recessed pipe.

Long winded description but hopefully it covers the bases...

David.

P.S. Mark (impaqtic) is an excellent authority on Tipo's. He frequents the forum and apparently this thread as well I just noticed! [8D]
Old 10-21-2011, 12:24 PM
hrrcflyer

Don,

I was wondering if you had a chance to do anything with the Illusion Bellypan I sent you? I was also wondering if you were going to be able to use it with the fuse mold you've already made?

David
Old 10-21-2011, 12:36 PM
frequent flyer

Hi David

Yes it fits the molds I have already made. I am about to mold it. I had to put some sticks on the back of it to shape it back, the flanges were quite curved up away from the wing surface. I braced it and it is ready to mold now. I will do it tomorrow. I got a little side tracked this week with my Dog, he had a tumor on his leg and had to have surgery to remove it and I've been worried about him. It was done today and he is doing fine now they said and I going to go pick him up in a couple of hours. Sorry for the delay. I get it off to you Monday.

Don
Old 10-21-2011, 02:48 PM
dhal22

Don, there was a comment or 2 made about the Beetle belly pan, it's close to the Aurora I believe. Was it ever reproduced?
Old 10-21-2011, 04:56 PM
frequent flyer

Nope. I never found one.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:14 PM
hrrcflyer

Hi Don,

No apologies are necessary. I'm glad your dog is going to be fine. Believe me, I know how much a pet is part of the family. I'm glad the belly pan worked out for you without too much trouble.

David
Old 11-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Wagner24314

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHPhmnLY_RE[/youtube]
one of frequent flyer glasses
Old 11-09-2011, 07:28 PM
frequent flyer

Very nice seeing one of my P-8's fly! What did you power it with?
Old 11-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Wagner24314

it is powered by a a turnigy 880 kv t600 motor 2000W output 5200 mah 6s lipo and a CC 100a ICE esc prop is a 10x10 swing at 21K RPM.

with the mods i made to the wing the plane wont track in a roll like the origanal it seem to pitch up slightly. but its way faster!
Old 11-24-2011, 09:35 PM
frequent flyer

I got a SUPER CUDA and a PHOENIX 6 today to add to the line up of Classic Pattern kits to come. Does anyone have any more info on this Super Cuda from the seventies? It's a very nice looking plane and I never heard of it.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:03 AM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds cool. I'm off until the 8th. Let's go flying.
Chris...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.