Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

MachNone, Eyelash, Pacer etc

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Megowcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MachNone, Eyelash, Pacer etc

Hi Don

OK, it's been a bit. Are any of these kits available? I'd buy one if they are...

Thanks,

Sam
Old 10-26-2010, 10:00 AM
dfturnock

Good morning,

The good and bad news at once is I have been buried doing custom work, ( a lot of it becomes kits), so there isn't much time to devote to new things I want to do for EAC.  Not complaining at all, noting where my energies have been placed.  Customers work come first, EAC stuff second.

That said, I will try to concentrate on the 'baby' pattern planes, along with a .25 size Cessna, Cherokee, and Mooney in November.  Oh yeah , folks are really wanting the upgraded 1/3 scale Cherokee.  I hope the time thing works out as I have planned.  

Don

Old 11-15-2010, 12:08 PM
dfturnock

The 'Baby' 65% pattern kits are finally here!   The Troublemaker is ready, and the Banshee and Mach One are about done, now that I've finalized a few design things I've been working with that will apply to all.   They will be full kits, not short kits.  Foam wings that duplicate the original, flat tail surfaces.  Staying with the 65%, not a standard wing span, to keep differences between the planes. They will be happy with a .15 to .25 2c, or the equiv electric motor.

The Baby Eyeball will have an Eyeball wing, not the Ace one size fits all wing, the same goes for the Mach One.  It won't be a Mach None.

Here is the link to the Baby kits:  http://www.eurekaaircraft.com/airplanes/babykits.htm

Don
www.eurekaaircraft.com

Old 11-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Megowcoupe

Wonderful! Can I order a Mach 1 now?

Sam
Old 11-15-2010, 01:20 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don,

This is very cool!

I was about to mention that the Picorare could be added to the collection but I see that you've planned for a Curare - nice alternative.

I'm definitely going to be ordering one or two of these. It would be great if you could post either a low resolution version of the plans or a simple 2-view (side and top) to show customers what these models look like. Then again, photos of the prototypes would do fine as well! [8D] An alternative would be to post plans of the original to give us an idea. I'm familiar with several but not all.

What is the target weight these airframes will build to roughly?

David.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:52 PM
dfturnock

Pics of the TM in the bones are up on the site now. That should answer a lot of questions.

Since I'm changing construction to all being similar, a Curare outline will be easier that modifying a smaller one.

More specs to follow. I have to build another TM real quick to get exact weights, since I dumb thumbed the test version before getting pics andweights.

To give you an idea:

the TM bones as pictured on the site, with a sheeted MachNone wing instead of the bare foam wing, with tail feathers, is 7 oz. Finished bare airframe shouldn't be much more since top and bottom balsa sheeting, and a lot of the tri stock will be sanded away.

Hope that helps

Sam, the MachOne and Banshee should be ready within a week or so, Nutcracker and others to follow. I'm guessing all about about the same price, since construction stylewon't change. Not sure what order to do them in actually. Requests for order of completion are happily excepted

Don

More to follow!

ORIGINAL: doxilia

Don,

This is very cool!

I was about to mention that the Picorare could be added to the collection but I see that you've planned for a Curare - nice alternative.

I'm definitely going to be ordering one or two of these. It would be great if you could post either a low resolution version of the plans or a simple 2-view (side and top) to show customers what these models look like. Then again, photos of the prototypes would do fine as well! [8D] An alternative would be to post plans of the original to give us an idea. I'm familiar with several but not all.

What is the target weight these airframes will build to roughly?

David.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Banshee then Mach One for me!

FB
Old 11-15-2010, 03:00 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don,

a couple of quick questions:

I see that on the TB the first former (FW?) is non-solid. Did you mount an electric motor to the nose ring on it? Will there be any difference in the electric vs glow firewalls? How will you go about canopies?

David.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:48 AM
dfturnock

If you look at the pics on the site, and read the captions, it states that the cowl area isn't on the one in the pictures. The Firewall isn't attached in the pics.

The TM doesn't have a canopy, I'll have to find suitable replacements for the others, or make plugs.

Worked on the Banshee plans today.. made a lot of headway..

Don

ORIGINAL: doxilia

Don,

a couple of quick questions:

I see that on the TB the first former (FW?) is non-solid. Did you mount an electric motor to the nose ring on it? Will there be any difference in the electric vs glow firewalls? How will you go about canopies?

David.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:55 PM
WEDJ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, Oh, Banshee, yes, please!