Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 06:11 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

ORIGINAL: 804

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

If the ARF companies had the ability to reproduce parts to meet demand,, this thread wouldn't exist. Why is that not possible?
Anything is possible.
PAU CHOOSES not to do this.
Why is the fact PAU is not in the ''parts business'' wrong?
Do you think PAU should be FORCED, by government, public opinion, on-line ranting, or whatever,
to do business as you see fit?
Nope a company can operate anyway they like within the law and sell to anyone they like or not.
I never said PAU was right or wrong, I just asked questions. Why do you guys always just try and spin guy words around instead of addressing the question.

"Anything is possible" is the best answer you have?

Old 04-28-2013, 06:20 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

ORIGINAL: wahoo

ability to obtain a cowl even if he mistakingly told PAU he wanted it for a ISC??
Please read all the posts before you post!

OP called PAU, says he has an ISC Pitts that he bought at Indy RC. PAU says we don't stock or sell cowls for that plane. OP verbally insults him with eff words, and hangs up. It wasn't until later that the OP decides he has a BME Pitts (Does he REALLY, or does he take the advice of some of the other fine contributors earlier in the thread where they just tell him to lie and say it IS a BME Pitts). At this point, it is really a moot point if he DOES have a BME or not, the owner of PAU has decided this guy is a tool and he does not want him as a customer.

It is the OP's own actions that kept him from getting the cowl he wanted.

Get it?

Regards,

Astro
Old 04-28-2013, 06:25 AM
astrohog

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

PAU is dead wrong not to sell a part. There is no other way of looking at it. If you have it available, sell it... next transaction.

I believe it was this guy that said they were wrong.......
Old 04-28-2013, 06:26 AM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: astrohog

ability to obtain a cowl even if he mistakingly told PAU he wanted it for a ISC??
Please read all the posts before you post!

OP called PAU, says he has an ISC Pitts that he bought at Indy RC. PAU says we don't stock or sell cowls for that plane. OP verbally insults him with eff words, and hangs up. It wasn't until later that the OP decides he has a BME Pitts (Does he REALLY, or does he take the advice of some of the other fine contributors earlier in the thread where they just tell him to lie and say it IS a BME Pitts). At this point, it is really a moot point if he DOES have a BME or not, the owner of PAU has decided this guy is a tool and he does not want him as a customer.

It is the OP's own actions that kept him from getting the cowl he wanted.

Get it?

Regards,

Astro
RIF buddy RIF

Please show me in the original post where he once said he PURCHASED the ARF from Indy...He simply mis-spoke and called what appears to me a BME Pitts a ISC Pitts.

Again RIF.

PS. talk about reading something into someone's post huh ?

Old 04-28-2013, 06:42 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: F4u5

So, I have an old ISC challenger Pitts ARF (the red Oracle scheme). I need a cowl for it. I find that Perfromance Aircraft Unlimited (PAU), took over the kit line, and now sells it. So I call asking to oder a cowl. The guy on the other end asks me when I bought the plane from them. I told him it was not from them, that it was the old ISC kit (he had no idea what i was talking about), but their kit was the same; and if nothing else, odentical in specs:
http://www.flypau.com/html/challenger/challenger.html

Now it gets, well, stupid:

So the guy says, ''that is not our kit; we cannot sell you a cowl'' Surprised, I said, ''what?'' He said since I didn't buy the kit from them, they cannot support other MFG products. I said yes, but ISC is no longer around, otherwise I would have happily ordered one from ISC. He said we was sorry, but he could not sell me a cowl. I said, ''you have to be kidding me''. He said no, he could not sell me a cowl; because I did not buy it from them. Really....?.

So, I questioned their customer satisfaction. He stated that they have excellent customer service. I went on to say really, but you won't sell me a cowl, for a kit that your company took over, for a plane that I can no longer get. Hmmm, I guess that means I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from them in the future...and I was actually looking at getting some big laminated props from them too. Well, not now, sale lost.

So, in another blind effort to become a cookie cutter society here in the good ole US of A, and simply follow a policy, instead of helping out a modeler who could do future business with them down the road, they are willing to snuff a cutomer due to said policy and lose a sale, or potential future sales?

Am I the only one that finds this unbelieveably ridiculous? Especially given the fact that my kit, per-se, is no longer available? PAU sux!

In this competitive world of RC supply and demand, I fail to understand why a company would not help out a modeler. But, I am sure it comes down to the ole might buck!

Anyne have a spare ISC challenger Pitts cowl?
JQ

Didn't have to look too much further than the first post to see the OP saying he has an ISC model. Should Herve have a reason to be doubting this person while getting lambasted by him over the phone? PAU isn't Miss Clio. They don't read minds, and when someone calls saying they have a different brand airplane, then that's what they have to go on.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:48 AM
wahoo

ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

Didn't have to look too much further than the first post to see the OP saying he has an ISC model. Should Herve have a reason to be doubting this person while getting lambasted by him over the phone? PAU isn't Miss Clio. They don't read minds, and when someone calls saying they have a different brand airplane, then that's what they have to go on.
I'm not disputing the fact that he CALLED it an ISC Pitts, but did PAU shut him off completely once he said ISC or did they try to help him out and maybe learn that he in fact had a BME Pitts ?

Only speculation but my guess would be they shut him off the minute they heard ISC. From his own disclosure he didn't verbally abuse PAU until he was denied the abilty to aquire the chosen part.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:50 AM
Flyfalcons

Why would Herve second guess the guy if he was sure he had an ISC Pitts? Can you just answer that for me? Should PAU believe what people are telling them, or should they just assume everyone is lying?
Old 04-28-2013, 06:54 AM
wahoo

Why would Herve second guess the guy if he was sure he had an ISC Pitts? Can you just answer that for me?
Again only speculation on my part but it seems to me he done at least a little bit of research from the fact that he knew that PAU took over the product line he was inquiring about.
From the little bit of info I gathered ISC made a Pitts in ARC...BME made the RED ARF.... Did the OP tell PAU he had the Oracle Red ARF...dunno ?

Old 04-28-2013, 06:55 AM
Flyfalcons

Why would Herve second guess the guy if he was sure he had an ISC Pitts? Can you just answer that for me?
Again only speculation on my part but it seems to me he done at least a little bit of research from the fact that he knew that PAU took over the product line he was inquiring about.
From the little bit of info I gathered ISC made a Pitts in ARC...BME made the RED ARF.... Did the OP tell PAU he had the Oracle Red ARF...dunno ?

He did not "know" that PAU took over the ISC line, because they didn't. Straight from Herve's mouth. So he was wrong about that. Any other assumptions you'd like cleared up at this time?
Old 04-28-2013, 06:59 AM
wahoo

He did not "know" that PAU took over the ISC line, because they didn't. Straight from Herve's mouth. So he was wrong about that. Any other assumptions you'd like cleared up at this time?
Is it really that hard for all you Einsteins to comprehand the fact that he bought an red ARF without documentation that he thought was ISC when in fact what he actually purchased was a BME ???

Old 04-28-2013, 07:01 AM
Flyfalcons

Sure it's possible. But how is Herve supposed to know that when he calls saying he has another brand airplane? You have yet to answer this.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:04 AM
wahoo

It sounds to me like as soon as PAU heard the letters ISC they shut him down, again speculation, but if calmer heads were in play and he explained it was the red oracle scheme ARF maybe the result might have turned out completely different. Unless of course PAU no longer honors any BME owners.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:16 AM
Flyfalcons

So let's recap then. This guy tells Herve rather emphatically that he has an ISC Pitts that needs a cowl. Correct? So what you're saying then is Herve should just magically know that he actually has a BME Pitts. Sound logic if I've ever heard it..........
Old 04-28-2013, 07:20 AM
wahoo

There was a simple solution to this specticle. OP orders a new $600 PAU Pitts with an extra $50 cowl...along with another couple hundred $$ in props and various other hardware equalling close to a grand. He then uses the spare cowl on his original BME Pitts and sells the new airframe at a terrific depreciated cost, (no one is willing to pay full retail from a private individual)...simple huh ?

Bottom line is I
understand both sides of this situation and I also understand that everyone is allowed their own opinions and business practices. Personally, I would have helped a brother out and possibly made a friend and a potentiallife longcustomer in the process.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:21 AM
Flyfalcons

Let's examine the arguments being made in this thread.

1) Herve should be selling his limited supply of spare parts to people who own other brands, therefore limiting or cutting off supply of spare parts to those who have the planes these parts were designed to go on.

2) Herve should just lie to people and say he's out of stock of parts, instead of truthfully explaining his company's policy of only selling spare parts to genuine BME and PAU aircraft.

3) When told that a part is needed for a plane from a different brand, Herve should just somehow "know" that the person actually does have a BME or PAU aircraft. This after being cussed out by said person on the phone.

Really guys, this is your logic?
Old 04-28-2013, 07:30 AM
wahoo

1) Herve should be selling his limited supply of spare parts to people who own other brands, therefore limiting or cutting off supply of spare parts to those who have the planes these parts were designed to go on.

2) Herve should just lie to people and say he's out of stock of parts, instead of truthfully explaining his company's policy of only selling spare parts to genuine BME and PAU aircraft.

3) When told that a part is needed for a plane from a different brand, Herve should just somehow "know" that the person actually does have a BME or PAU aircraft. This after being cussed out by said person on the phone.

Don't include me in #'s 1 or 2 but as for 3...
Was there a willingness to help the guy out ? If so a little discussion about the airframe in question might have revealed that it was in fact a BME.... just speculating again.

If the ARF companies had the ability to reproduce parts to meet demand,, this thread wouldn't exist. Why is that not possible?
Anything is possible.
PAU CHOOSES not to do this.
Why is the fact PAU is not in the ''parts business'' wrong?
Do you think PAU should be FORCED, by government, public opinion, on-line ranting, or whatever,
to do business as you see fit?
Nope a company can operate anyway they like within the law and sell to anyone they like or not.
I never said PAU was right or wrong, I just asked questions. Why do you guys always just try and spin guy words around instead of addressing the question.

''Anything is possible'' is the best answer you have?

Anything is possible is the answer.
PAU could have parts made for anything and sell them to anyone,
but they don't. That is not their business. Herve said so, to the OP and in this thread.
What answer to what question do you want?
Ken-h
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

3) When told that a part is needed for a plane from a different brand, Herve should just somehow ''know'' that the person actually does have a BME or PAU aircraft. This after being cussed out by said person on the phone.

It's really sad isn't it? But they have not gotten their way yet so there will be more.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:57 AM
wahoo

Anything is possible is the answer.
PAU could have parts made for anything and sell them to anyone,
but they don't. That is not their business. Herve said so, to the OP and in this thread.

What answer to what question do you want?
I have two:

1: Does the OP own a BME Pitts ?
if so
2: Will PAU honor that fact and sell a cowl for it ?

Old 04-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Flyfalcons

That has been made clear already. Unless you need to be directed to the original post yet again?
Old 04-28-2013, 08:07 AM
ozzie454

Apparently it doesn't matter if this was an ISC , BME or a PAU Pitts, the bottem line as far can I can see - If your not the original customer you're out of luck. I guess if your buddy is trying to sell a used PAU airframe you better pass on it cause you're not getting any parts for it.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:07 AM
wahoo

That has been made clear already. Unless you need to be directed to the original post yet again?
Spin and mis-direction seem the norm here....

I've read post 1 a few times...

Are we all 100% positive the OP knows for a fact what he picked up at a swap meet ?

For the sake of argument lets say YOU own a BME Pitts, is a cowl available from the company that took them over ?

Old 04-28-2013, 08:10 AM
ozzie454

If it is in fact an old BME then shame on PAU.....
Old 04-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Ken-h
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Spin and mis-direction seems the norm here....

I've read post 1 a few times...

Are we all 100% positive the OP knows for a fact what he picked up at a swap meet ?

For the sake of argument lets say YOU own a BME Pitts, is a cowl available from the company that took them over ?

Bam! Told ya...

Maybe you should ask the OP? If you don't like the answer, just call it spin.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:12 AM
wahoo

ORIGINAL: ozzie454

Apparently it doesn't matter if this was an ISC , BME or a PAU Pitts, the bottem line as far can I can see - If your not the original customer you're out of luck. I guess if your buddy is trying to sell a used PAU airframe you better pass on it cause you're not getting any parts for it.
+1 ozzie....

That is EXACTLY the info I've been trying to gather..no one seems to want to answer my questions though.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.