Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 08:14 AM
ozzie454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

BME =PAU
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34287.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	1876730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88949.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	1876731  
Old 04-28-2013, 08:15 AM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Default RE: Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

ORIGINAL: Ken-h

ORIGINAL: wahoo

ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

That has been made clear already. Unless you need to be directed to the original post yet again?
Spin and mis-direction seems the norm here....

I've read post 1 a few times...

Are we all 100% positive the OP knows for a fact what he picked up at a swap meet ?

For the sake of argument lets say YOU own a BME Pitts, is a cowl available from the company that took them over ?

Bam! Told ya...

Maybe you should ask the OP? If you don't like the answer, just call it spin.
Please refer to posts # 9 and 10paying close attention to 10.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Ken-h
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I did, be he has no credibility. I say prove it, and then pound sand!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Couch-pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skimmed through this thread quickly - interesting stuff.

For what it's worth, I'm usually a lurker here - hence the low post-count. I've been in business myself, and have run/helped run businesses for others. Who knows...I may do it again (LOL)

At the end of the day - I would sell the guy the cowl. In ALL business, favours can make you (or the opportunity to make) more money. I would think you are no more liable for any legal wrongs than someone who makes just cowlings, like Fiberglass Specialties. Yes, it may cost you money to do a one-off, - the customer usually understands this, and covers it. Even if you just break even, there is coin coming in to cover expenses.

Sometimes in business you have to settle for this in the slow times. More often than not, little things like this bring in more business - maybe not millions, but if that guy pays for half a tank of gas this week (help me here, what's a glass cowl go for nowadays?) it's still half a tank of gas. And as a few have pointed out. there is sooooo much social media, that someone else will call you for something. and so-on, and so-on... and USUALLY (although not always the case, but I DID benefit from it from time to time) he has a buddy that has DEEP pockets!

I learned one important rule from watching other people I dealt with/competed with, and coined "Ed's Rule".

"Help a guy out, and he'll tell a few people. Slam a door in his face, or screw him over, and he'll tell EVERYBODY."

China has made it hard to produce anything over here and make decent money - we've all seen this in our hobby. In this economy, no one can afford to slam doors...
Old 04-28-2013, 08:28 AM
wahoo

Ok fine, now answer this simple basic question...

If you (Ken-h) picked up a old BME Pitts ARF from a garage sale thats missing something, could you obtain that something from the company that took over the product line ??

Old 04-28-2013, 08:29 AM
ozzie454

China has made it hard to produce anything over here and make decent money - we've all seen this in our hobby. In this economy, no one can afford to slam doors...
Old 04-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Ken-h

Just cause the guy didn't get helped does not mean he got screwed over. Pau never did anything to the guy. Oh wait, maybe he's entitled. Dang just figured out what a waste of time this is.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Couch-pilot

Didn't necessarily imply screwing over here, Ken. That's just my own rule. I learned ( a few times the hard way - LOL) that everyone's ethics end at a certain number of zeros.

Business isn't what it used to be in this hobby....
Old 04-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Ken-h

Ok fine, now answer this simple basic question...

If you (Ken-h) picked up a old BME Pitts ARF from a garage sale thats missing something, could you obtain that something from the company that took over the product line ??

Yes, some parts are still avalible.

I do have one in the garage, and I have two cowls. I'll sell one for $150 plus shipping if someone needs it.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Flyfalcons

ORIGINAL: ozzie454

BME =PAU
That has never been in question, if you've been paying attention you'd know that. The OP has an ISC Pitts, and that's what he told Herve. Repeat after me, please. "ISC does not equal BME or PAU." Thank you.

(repeat it one or two more times for your own measure.)
Old 04-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Ken-h

ORIGINAL: Couch-pilot

Didn't necessarily imply screwing over here, Ken. That's just my own rule. I learned ( a few times the hard way - LOL) that everyone's ethics end at a certain number of zeros.

Business isn't what it used to be in this hobby....
I understand, it just gets me when people don't like what they hear and try to force the issue.

No dog on what you said, just clearing up the who is getting screwed over part.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:43 AM
wahoo

BME =PAU
That has never been in question, if you've been paying attention you'd know that. The OP has an ISC Pitts. Repeat after me, please. "ISC does not equal BME or PAU." Thank you.

From what I've gathered the OP might be mistaken.... He has an ARF

ISC made ARCs ...BME made ARF's

repeat after me BME= ARF........ ISC = ARC

ORIGINAL: F4u5

So, I have an old ISC challenger Pitts ARF (the red Oracle scheme). I need a cowl for it.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Flyfalcons

BME =PAU
That has never been in question, if you've been paying attention you'd know that. The OP has an ISC Pitts. Repeat after me, please. ''ISC does not equal BME or PAU.'' Thank you.

From what I've gathered the OP might be mistaken.... He has an ARF

ISC made ARCs ...BME made ARF's

repeat after me BME= ARF........ ISC = ARC

Not Herve's problem to figure out. Perhaps if the OP had figured that out and not cussed out Herve, he could have had better luck? Neither you nor the OP have shown anything to prove he actually does have a BME plane. You're just throwing something out there hoping it sticks, well after the fact that the OP behaved like an a-hole to Herve on the phone while emphatic that he had another company's plane.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 AM
Ken-h

Then have him prove it! I've recovered many a plane, means almost nothing. But even if it turns out to be a BME, shame on him and his treatment to the owner. Then he can still pound sand!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 AM
ozzie454

If you would read this complete thread you see that it has been determined that Jeff has a BME Pitts
BME + PAU Thank You
Old 04-28-2013, 08:49 AM
Flyfalcons

If you would read this complete thread you see that it has been determined that Jeff has a BME Pitts
BME + PAU Thank You
No, it hasn't been. Jeff bought the plane used, already covered, so tell me, how does he know for sure that it was an ARF or ARC? If he knew for sure, then why did he tell Herve he has an ISC?
Old 04-28-2013, 08:50 AM
Flyfalcons

ORIGINAL: F4u5

Yeah, definitely not a PAU.......Thx

JQ
Hmmm. Now think about this. Jeff's misguided rant is based on a phone call he had with Herve, where he was emphatic that he had an ISC plane. Just think about this for a while. Perhaps if Jeff had done more research into what exactly he owns instead of throwing a childish temper tantrum both on the phone and here on RCU, he might be able to help himself out?
Old 04-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Ken-h

Thinking requires effort.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:56 AM
wahoo

I'd be willing to bet anything the OP did NOT call this herve guy loaded for bear...wanna bet ?

What happened to make the situation escalate to the degree it did ?... great customer service and the willingness to help or a closed mind when the letters ISC were spoken ?

I know neither of the participants in this matter but I can tell you from my own experiences that when ever I've called small personal companies looking for parts or service there is almost always conversation on many levels, not just pertaining to the original subject of the call. A shared love of the hobby if you will.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:57 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't believe that sheeple have the ability to think!

Regards,

Astro
Old 04-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Ken-h

I'd be willing to bet anything the OP did NOT call this herve guy loaded for bear...wanna bet ?

What happened to make the situation escalate to the degree it did ?... great customer service and the willingness to help or a closed mind when the letters ISC were spoken ?

I know neither of the participants in this matter but I can tell you from my experiences that when ever I've called small personal companies looking for parts or service there is almost always conversation on many levels, not just pertaining to the original subject of the call. A shared love of the hobby if you will.
No one but the OP and the owner are privy to the call. You are just assuming, or as you like to put it, spinning their conversation which you never heard. Btw, I still have an extra cowl.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:06 AM
ozzie454

No, it hasn't been. Jeff bought the plane used, already covered, so tell me, how does he know for sure that it was an ARF or ARC? If he knew for sure, then why did he tell Herve he has an ISC?

The whole point of this thread is what some of you are missing, let's say for fun he has an actual PAU Pitts . Since he is not the original owner he is not entitled to buy any parts for it. You guy's don't see any problem with that? What if you bought a used Craftsman chainsaw from your neighbor and the recioil was shot you call up Sears cause you want an original part on your saw ... they ask you if you're the original customer.. you say no ... they say no parts for you Really ???
Old 04-28-2013, 09:06 AM
wahoo

I know neither of the participants in this matter but I can tell you from my experiences that when ever I've called small personal companies looking for parts or service there is almost always conversation on many levels, not just pertaining to the original subject of the call. A shared love of the hobby if you will.
No one but the OP and the owner are privy to the call. You are just assuming, or as you like to put it, spinning their conversation which you never heard. Btw, I still have an extra cowl.
Show me one post where I spun anything !

As for the cowl.....
I don't have a plane that it will fit but I'll offer you 10 bucks for it.... shipped......

Old 04-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Ken-h

Show me one post where I spun anything !

I don't have a plane that it will fit but I'll offer you 10 bucks for it.... shipped......

lol...neither does the OP right now.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Flyfalcons

The whole point of this thread is what some of you are missing, let's say for fun he has an actual PAU Pitts . Since he is not the original owner he is not entitled to buy any parts for it. You guy's don't see any problem with that? What if you bought a used Craftsman chainsaw from your neighbor and the recioil was shot you call up Sears cause you want an original part on your saw ... they ask you if you're the original customer.. you say no ... they say no parts for you Really ???
Where has that been stated?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.