Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 12:56 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

What is MSM? I took a combo of the first two, and need to have my wife pick some up on her way home.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:19 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) a sulfur-based ingredient for mobility and support. A study published in the International Journal of Biomedical Science confirms people who took the MSM supplement for 12 weeks were experiencing improvements in joint pain, stiffness, and swelling.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:58 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
Interesting that the Magnum and OS are different weights since one is a copy of the other. Must have a thicker casting on the magnum. I have 3 90 Magnums, but no OS to compare them to, I had a 52 Magnum, but traded that to a friend for an OS 70.

If you listen to the Fake News here, they tend to say the US has the highest death rate. And because of that, they earn their Fake News moniker.
More people have died in the USA from Covid than anywhere else but it has a large population and according to what I have read, Great Britain has a higher death rate per 100,000 of the population than the USA. The situation changes on a daily basis of course.

Last edited by Telemaster Sales UK; 01-29-2021 at 04:14 AM.
Old 01-29-2021, 04:52 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
More people have died in the USA from Covid than anywhere else but it has a large population and according to what I have read, Great Britain has a higher death rate per 100,000 of the population than the USA. The situation changes on a daily basis of course.
The number of deaths ETC. should be monitored but It appears the news media Fake or otherwise is playing with the numbers to attract patronage. When we have much more pressing issues, like why we do not have enough vaccine, and why is it being poorly distributed, and why so many people are not held responsible for there actions, .................. I have to be careful not to be censored here.................. but here we have leaders sitting on there hands and not taking actions to stop the massive amount of lies perpetrated in our leadership much less the news media.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:10 AM
FlyerInOKC

It looks like NY Governor is between a rock and a hard place for under reporting nursing home deaths. Politicians play with numbers too!
Old 01-29-2021, 06:10 AM
donnyman

Counting the dead instead of vials of vaccine.
Old 01-29-2021, 06:25 AM
FlyerInOKC

He is counting those too and complaining his numbers were cut. I heard on the news last night Oklahoma was a head of the curve in getting shots in arms and are getting calls from other states to see how we are doing it. Nice to know but I still can't get shot. The wife did get her second yesterday so she is done.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:40 AM
acdii

Not to mention the many violations of the Constitution, but thats another story in and of itself. 100% with you Donny. I don't know about you guys, but I am sick of hearing covid covid covid all the time. Yes We get it, Yes we know its out there, yes we know its spreading. Anyway, before they toss our comments, Here's to better health to all us old farts.

In other news, still waiting for my big printer to arrive. Supposed to be in state this morning, but haven't received any call yet to arrange delivery. Once I get that and have the hang of scanning and printing, I will start offering Top Flite short kits with plans. I want to get the Liberty Sport fuselage parts into the computer to be able to cut them out, but need the scanner for it. Then I can add that plane to the list. I still have a few others to do to complete the Top Flight short kits, P-51, P-47, and I might even have a P-40, but have to verify the plans. I got the cowl for the Corsair all painted, going to clear it this weekend, the latex should be well dried by now. The humidity in the WS is 34%. I repaired the wing where I dropped the entire plane when putting it on the Vanessa rig, and have a couple spots that need a respray of clear plus the hatches for under the wing. Then I can do the final assembly, trim it, and admire it's beauty until spring.

Old 01-29-2021, 08:47 AM
FlyerInOKC

Thumbs up

Not to mention the many violations of the Constitution.
The problem is so many of these Constitution violations aren't they are made up violations spouted by people that NEVER read the constitution in the first place. Example: Facebook and Twitter cancelling accounts for violations of their rules. The Constitution (1st Amendment) says "Congress shall make no law" that is a prohibition against the Government suppressing free speech. There is no prohibition against a privately held company or corporation placing limits on their property, service, or website. They are paying the bills not the idiots complaining about the free service they are using. Its the old Republican the money talks. My college majors were Engineering, Criminal Justice, and pre-law. I learned more about Constitution law then I ever thought I wanted to know, Engineering was a lot easier and made a more sense. The other thing these nut jobs don't get is yes you have rights but your rights DON'T trump the rights of everyone who disagrees with you they have the same and equal rights. Limits on freedoms are legal and constitutional. You have a right to use public roads, bridges, and highways but you still have legal limits like the requirement to have a driver's license, insurance, and obey traffic laws.

I don't know about you guys, but I am sick of hearing covid covid covid all the time. Yes We get it, Yes we know its out there, yes we know its spreading. Anyway, before they toss our comments, Here's to better health to all us old farts.
AMEN to that!

In other news, still waiting for my big printer to arrive. Supposed to be in state this morning, but haven't received any call yet to arrange delivery. Once I get that and have the hang of scanning and printing, I will start offering Top Flite short kits with plans. I want to get the Liberty Sport fuselage parts into the computer to be able to cut them out, but need the scanner for it. Then I can add that plane to the list. I still have a few others to do to complete the Top Flight short kits, P-51, P-47, and I might even have a P-40, but have to verify the plans. I got the cowl for the Corsair all painted, going to clear it this weekend, the latex should be well dried by now. The humidity in the WS is 34%. I repaired the wing where I dropped the entire plane when putting it on the Vanessa rig, and have a couple spots that need a respray of clear plus the hatches for under the wing. Then I can do the final assembly, trim it, and admire it's beauty until spring.
Hats off to you sir and a hardy hurrah for keeping some great designs alive!

I got to say your Corsair is one of the best examples I have seen! You deserve all the praise you receive and more!
Old 01-29-2021, 09:23 AM
ElectriMan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm only ten percent of the way into the reading of this thread so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already. As I read the last several pages there was some discussion about plans and the outerzone website. Has anyone seen the Sticks and Tissue site? It has a lot of old stuff found primarily in the UK but I have enjoyed looking through it from time to time.( I can't post the url because I don't have enough posts yet but if you search for sticksandtissue dot yolasite dot com you should find it).

I may never catch up to the last page here but so far there have been a lot of memories brought back to me through the postings so far.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:45 AM
FlyerInOKC

Hey I found a jeep to park next to Corsair. Maybe you could build a towbar to pull it with?

https://www.rghshop.com/products/roc...-scaler-rc-car
Old 01-29-2021, 09:47 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by ElectriMan
I'm only ten percent of the way into the reading of this thread so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already. As I read the last several pages there was some discussion about plans and the outerzone website. Has anyone seen the Sticks and Tissue site? It has a lot of old stuff found primarily in the UK but I have enjoyed looking through it from time to time.( I can't post the url because I don't have enough posts yet but if you search for sticksandtissue dot yolasite dot com you should find it).

I may never catch up to the last page here but so far there have been a lot of memories brought back to me through the postings so far.
Do you mean this one?

https://www.stickandtissue.com/plans.htm
Old 01-29-2021, 11:04 AM
ElectriMan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Do you mean this one?

removed so I can send
No. The extension is yolasite

Search for sticks and tissue archives

Last edited by ElectriMan; 01-29-2021 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:13 AM
FlyerInOKC

The problem maybe is yolasite is a free website creating tool and hosting company and not necessarily the guys we are looking for.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:35 PM
donnyman

Flyerinokc

Is my math correct? that jeep is 21" long ?................................... what is the shipping cost..........sounds to good to be true.

Last edited by donnyman; 01-29-2021 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:59 PM
FlyerInOKC

They hit me for $6 for standard shipping on the the little steam tractor I bought the grandkids.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:35 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Sticks and Tissue is an English email publication produced by a man called James Parry with contributions from many others, via the Raynes Park Model Aircraft Club. Raynes Park is a suburb of south-west London. I always found their activities a bit too fundamentalist for me. You may download Sticks and Tissue from here: http://www.raynesparkmac.c1.biz/start.htm

On a different tack, having sold my house in England about six years ago I was pretty well-wedged so I bought three new Laser engines including a 155 (26 cc) single. I was planning to build a 1/4 scale SE5 for it but because I have too many other domestic and aeromodelling projects, I've decided to buy a simple sports model for the engine, the Mystic, produced by Galaxy Models in England. It's not an ARTF but it has a foam-veneered wing so it could be a quick (er) build. The question I ask myself is, "When should I tell Miss Blue Eyes?"

https://www.pegasusmodels.co.uk/prod...0#.YBT8nPnTXcs

Last edited by Telemaster Sales UK; 01-29-2021 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-30-2021, 05:39 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by donnyman
Flyerinokc

Is my math correct? that jeep is 21" long ?................................... what is the shipping cost..........sounds to good to be true.
Indeed it does. That would go cool with my Corsair but Im betting if its too good to be true it probably is a scam.
Old 01-30-2021, 07:00 AM
FlyerInOKC

The seller is a direct importer of Chinese goods. I have noticed you will the exact same items he sells on other sites, Amazon, and Ebay at considerably higher prices. I bought a little steam car kit from them for $34.00, it was the same kit (they even used the same pictures and video) advertised on Yahoo News for $50, then I found it on Amazon for $99. Lastly I found it on Ebay for a price so high it looked like extortion! Here is a video from a different retailer of what I bought :

I also bought this on for $30. (Two grandkids) This one reminded me of a tractor my grandad had back in the 20s and 30s.

I will report back when they arrived if you are interested.

Last edited by FlyerInOKC; 01-30-2021 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:53 AM
acdii

This site can’t provide a secure connection

www.rghshop.com sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

My browser is telling me that site is insecure.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:57 AM
acdii

OOOH even better, with Firefox the router firewall blocked it.

If you are able to get to the site, you might want to check your browser and router firewall settings.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:04 AM
FlyerInOKC

I have them locked down pretty tight. The router has a randomize password of maximum length and I have several firewalls running at once. An insecure site can be a bad certificate, there is a certain well known bank and several fortune 500 companies have had this problem for periods of time, the manner in which the traffic was router, or an issue at the hosting company. It can also be a browser error if you don't clear SSL certificates, history, and cookies periodically. We should know if its legit in a couple of weeks when my order shows up. I used PayPal to charge to a VISA card, both have built in protections.
Old 01-30-2021, 10:29 AM
acdii

Yeah, thats why I tried Firefox since it has been cleared recently, and in that case the router interfered. Probably expired CA, happens more often then people realize. Where I work we have a script that runs every week and pulls CA information from all the systems and runs a date check to tell us when certs are up for renewal since not all of them are CA signed, but domain signed. We have very few self signed certs and those happen to be appliances that use internal SS certs for processes between machines such as DB sync and failover. Things that aren't normally accessed by HTTPS protocols.

One of my responsibilities is managing and maintaining our Firepower systems, and I guess I am doing OK since we have a vendor who manages the logs sent and notifies us if they see an abnormality. They found a really bad attack that was immediately blocked at the router level before it even could get to the firewall and they said whoever is managing the IPS, give them a big hug. I hid for a week. LOL Not so much because, well, I did get one before from the CEO after I got a printing solution working for a HUGE project, but with the knowledge that if any ONE of my team mates got a picture of it, it would circulate in ways that can't be explained. Yeah, I have a bunch of Chaotic neutral coworkers I work with.

I also had, when I first started, brought in Solarwinds as our network monitoring system. I was in charge of taking care of updates and such and have a pattern that saved our asses from their breach. I only patch or update if it is a direct security issue, so minor patches and hotfixes are normally applied at the next version upgrade. The particular patch that was compromised was never applied, it was skipped for the next rollup update. Our server was found clean of any malware and did not contain the MSI or DLL that were found to be hacked. The server has since been shut down and will be terminated soon. We are, or I should say I am in the process of finding a replacement for Orion since all trust was lost, screw us once, you are out, never to return, and with it beng such a huge hit, no one in management wants anything to do with it even with the loss of the maintenance that was just renewed a month prior to the breach. $60K POOF just like that.
Old 01-30-2021, 11:38 AM
FlyerInOKC

60K is still cheaper than a major breach!
Old 01-30-2021, 12:04 PM
donnyman

Here I am wanting the jeep but afraid to order, I don't need a computer hack or money loss ............... so should I wait to see what happens ????? That tractor and car is awesome and very attractive, but like I said earlier the prices is hard to believe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.