Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Quique and Dave Ribbe accidents at Joe Nall

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Quique and Dave Ribbe accidents at Joe Nall

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 05:51 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two pieces I believe.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:53 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Seems to be some mean ass people on RCU..
Old 06-03-2015, 08:12 PM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Funny how some folks get all wound up over a model airplane. It's a lucky man that has so few problems in his life that crashing a model plane seems so huge.

Last edited by 049flyer; 06-03-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:28 PM
fuqtianba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's seems that you made your judgement before you heard from both sides.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:19 AM
steph69

I would be totally p____d if this happened to me no one has the right to destroy someone elses property by not following the rules and the people on this thread that think they are judge jury and executioner because they are all that should wind there necks in,

Last edited by steph69; 06-04-2015 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:27 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by BobH
Seems to be some mean ass people on RCU..

Ain't that the truth.

Mike
Old 06-04-2015, 03:48 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Ain't that the truth.

Mike
IF , Mike , you are referring to MY posts , I hope YOU never have the occasion to have someone come on here and falsely accuse you of something , trying to slander your name , and have nobody stand up for you . Would the posts still be "mean" then , Mike ? The OP went after two guys here basically trying to extort two models from them due to his own poor flying , and you think a negative response to such false "public shaming" is wrong ?

I have NO use for celebrity ! I had some idea of who QQ is cause I saw his name on the side of the box some of my ARFs came in . I had to look up who Dribbe is . I don't defend anyone on the basis of who the are , just on what I see as the relevant facts of the dispute . I think at least some folks here are celebrity haters and want to jump on the "bash QQ" bandwagon simply out of jealousy that guys like QQ are living the life most only dream about .
Old 06-04-2015, 03:51 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by init4fun
IF , Mike , you are referring to MY posts , I hope YOU never have the occasion to have someone come on here and falsely accuse you of something , trying to slander your name , and have nobody stand up for you . Would the posts still be "mean" then , Mike ? The OP went after two guys here basically trying to extort two models from them due to his own poor flying , and you think a negative response to such false "public shaming" is wrong ?

I have NO use for celebrity ! I had some idea of who QQ is cause I saw his name on the side of the box some of my ARFs came in . I had to look up who Dribbe is . I don't defend anyone on the basis of who the are , just on what I see as the relevant facts of the dispute . I think at least some folks here are celebrity haters and want to jump on the "bash QQ" bandwagon simply out of jealousy that guys like QQ are living the life most only dream about .
Actually I'm referring to the entire thread but if the shoe fits...................

Mike.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:16 AM
init4fun

Look does it really matter? Why get so worked up over nothing?

Mike
Because I'm being called a hypocrite for sticking up for a couple of guys being falsely accused and extorted from ! That's why it matters Mike . I'll say it again , if someone came in here accusing YOU , or even the English guy with the snappy insults for me , or "captain terrific" who has an issue with the mentally disadvantaged , and had shaky facts at best , I'd stand up for both you and THEM if I thought you or they were being "railroaded" also !

My negative response to extortion , , is a far worse "crime" than the extortion itself . Got it . Gee , what a wonderful "brave new world" this land of the "politically correct" is , huh ?

Last edited by init4fun; 06-08-2015 at 03:27 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:27 AM
rcmiket

Because I'm being called a hypocrite and an azzhole for sticking up for a couple of guys being falsly accused and extorted from ! That's why it matters Mike . I'll say it again , if someone came in here accusing YOU , or even the English guy with the snappy insults for me , or "captain terrific" who has an issue with the mentally disadvantaged , and had shaky facts at best , I'd stand up for both you and THEM if I thought you or they were being "railroaded" also !

My negative response to extortion , is a far worse "crime" than the extortion itself . Got it . Gee , what a wonderful "brave new world" this land of the "politically correct" is , huh ?
You really worry about what someone posts on a toy airplane site?
Please don't bother "standing up for me" because I just don't care.
I stopped in here to see what the story was and now I'm sorry I did..
I'm sure it will be closed soon anyway as there's really no content here.

Mike
Old 06-04-2015, 04:36 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Originally Posted by steph69
I would be totally p____d if this happened to me no one has the right to destroy someone elses property by not following the rules and the people on this thread that think they are judge jury and executioner because they are all that should wind there necks in,
Fred admittedly buzzed Dave and QQ while trying to put on a show and ended up crashing one plane trying to watch Dave and then actually hit QQ's plane trying to buzz him a second time.
Fred is trying to incriminate Dave and QQ for not using a spotter and flying 3D. Both of which were and have been status quo on the electric line. I'm sure Dave and QQ may have violated the spotter rule, but so do 95% of the people flying the electric line. Fred should know this as he claims to be a seasoned veteran of the Nall electric line.
Fred is attempting to place blame on them, when he and his crew were the ones that actually caused the crashes by their own hands by trying to prove a point to Dave and QQ and show off in front of his crew. The attempt to demonize Dave and QQ because of their success as RC pilots is laughable.
If you've been to Nall in the last couple years, you know the complete anarchy that is the electric flight line. If you've ever seen Dave or QQ fly, you know that 99% of their maneuvers are slow, low and close. In fact, during the incident involving the mid-air with QQ, at one point he was hovering within a couple feet of himself. If you were there, you know just how much space and runway there is to avoid someone taking a small space to fly.

I was there. Anyone else that was actually there have a different story? Didn't think so.....
Old 06-04-2015, 04:47 AM
init4fun

You really worry about what someone posts on a toy airplane site?
Please don't bother "standing up for me" because I just don't care.
I stopped in here to see what the story was and now I'm sorry I did..
I'm sure it will be closed soon anyway as there's really no content here.

Mike
A few minutes ago I was the big bad meanie , and now it don't matter cause it's a "toy airplane site" ? Which is it Mike ?

And yes sir , when someone's name is getting falsely trashed , it IS a "big deal" , at least to those who believe no one's name should be falsely dragged through the mud .

Do you think if everybody in the thread had "taken the bait" and formed the lynch mob the OP was hoping for , it would have done QQ's or Dribbe's images any favors ?

How many might not buy from them if the notion of them being arrogant fellow hobbyist abusers is allowed to be perpetuated , however false such notions may be ?

Content IS in the eye of the beholder and to me the content here fits perfectly with the theme of a "clubhouse" discussion . I believe attempting monetary gain by false accusation IS a relevant topic for discussion here as it shows an ugly side of human nature that transcends all hobby and social fabric .

Bottom line =

Talk smack about someone , with no proof , and you can EXPECT to be called out on it !!!!!!

Old 06-04-2015, 04:52 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
Fred admittedly buzzed Dave and QQ while trying to put on a show and ended up crashing one plane trying to watch Dave and then actually hit QQ's plane trying to buzz him a second time.
Fred is trying to incriminate Dave and QQ for not using a spotter and flying 3D. Both of which were and have been status quo on the electric line. I'm sure Dave and QQ may have violated the spotter rule, but so do 95% of the people flying the electric line. Fred should know this as he claims to be a seasoned veteran of the Nall electric line.
Fred is attempting to place blame on them, when he and his crew were the ones that actually caused the crashes by their own hands by trying to prove a point to Dave and QQ and show off in front of his crew. The attempt to demonize Dave and QQ because of their success as RC pilots is laughable.
If you've been to Nall in the last couple years, you know the complete anarchy that is the electric flight line. If you've ever seen Dave or QQ fly, you know that 99% of their maneuvers are slow, low and close. In fact, during the incident involving the mid-air with QQ, at one point he was hovering within a couple feet of himself. If you were there, you know just how much space and runway there is to avoid someone taking a small space to fly.

I was there. Anyone else that was actually there have a different story? Didn't think so.....
Thank You Sir !!!!

It's great to see that at least SOME in this thread know right from wrong , and who the real "guilty party" here is . Were I QQ or Dribbe , I'd send my lawyers to speak with the OP and he'd get a cease and desist order , rather than the couple of thousand he is trying to get from his OWN poor flying .....
Old 06-04-2015, 04:53 AM
rcmiket

A few minutes ago I was the big bad meanie , and now it don't matter cause it's a "toy airplane site" ? Which is it Mike ?

And yes sir , when someone's name is getting falsely trashed , it IS a "big deal" , at least to those who believe no one's name should be falsely dragged through the mud .

Do you think if everybody in the thread had "taken the bait" and formed the lynch mob the OP was hoping for , it would have done QQ's or Dribbe's images any favors ?

How many might not buy from them if the notion of them being arrogant fellow hobbyist abusers is allowed to be perpetuated , however false such notions may be ?

Content IS in the eye of the beholder and to me the content here fits perfectly with the theme of a "clubhouse" discussion . I believe attempting monetary gain by false accusation IS a relevant topic for discussion here as it shows an ugly side of human nature that transcends all hobby and social fabric .

Bottom line =

Talk smack about someone , with no proof , and you can EXPECT to be called out on it !!!!!!

Fine go though life like everyone's out to get you. Fine by me.

Mike
Old 06-04-2015, 05:07 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

Quote from Condor: As you may (or may not know) the Joe Nall electric flight line is strictly pattern only. 3D flights are prohibited and every pilot is required to have a spotter during flight. I have flown on this flight line for many years and rules for this event are very clear.

Quote from Tripple Tree:
Electric Park flyer and slow flyer style planes. Flying style open to pilots.Less than 80"
5 pilot stations

http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/f...es-joenall.php

Old 06-04-2015, 06:30 AM
Captain Terrific
My Feedback: (2)

I know you think your being funny with your 'special olympics" insult , but in reality all it does is show that your here to troll . Who do you and the English guy think you are ? Really ? knocking people who have problems (special olympians) that they have no control over is the height of rotten self important behavior and you really oughta look in the mirror for a "humanity check" ..... I think ya might be a quart low ...

Stick that in your CHEERS , oh ye of the "superior intellect"
LOL, you probably used to pull the wings off flys when you were a kid......Maybe you need the "humanity check"

Cheers!
Old 06-04-2015, 07:32 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Captain Terrific
LOL, you probably used to pull the wings off flys when you were a kid......Maybe you need the "humanity check"

Cheers!
Nope , too slow to catch em ....

Come on , really dude , that's the best ya got , a lame "I know you are but what am I" response ? Really ? So I guess we CAN put you down as yet another who doesn't mind lies being told about someone around here , as long as it ain't you being lied about , yes ?

It is almost comical how not a one of you has the nerve to stand up for what's right , and instead just want to sling BS at me to attempt to stir up some drama . What you don't realize , is that despite my exaggerated style of posting , I really could care less what any single one of you think of me . Like I've said earlier , don't affect MY paycheck none .

Now , with THAT outta the way , and how this really ain't about me ,and how much you want to blather on about how mean I am , , ,

......... and the fact that an independent eye witness HAS revealed that the original poster LIED ;

Just how many of you care to talk about the attempted character assassionation of two respected people in our hobby here , by someone who really shoulda known better ???????
Old 06-04-2015, 07:45 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Captain Terrific
....... internet fights are like the special Olympics....nobody really wins or loses.....
I believe this is a perfect illustration of where the lack of humanity resides .

Better be careful , laughing boy , this wonderful politically correct world you love , where liars need to be approached with the utmost sensitivity , has no tolerance for verbal assaults committed upon the mentally handicapped .... Might even be a hate crime under current federal law ....
Old 06-04-2015, 09:05 AM
init4fun

Look , gents , Once you get past my brash posting style , can any one of you honestly say I'm wrong ? The Original Poster put up a post that went way beyond an incident description , it was a hatchet job on QQ and Dribbe and the character attack really wasn't called for in the supposedly factual telling of events . As folks here asked the OP questions about the gaps in his story , HIS posts became more and more aggressive/defensive/belligerent to the point that it sure looked like he was lying to the casual observer . At some point , the OP began demanding the thread be closed and that no one could discuss this any more . (he edited all his posts to read the same single statement they do now about "resolution")... NO WAY PAL ! , you don't get to dictate to the board what can and can not be discussed , even if you did start the discussion was my response , It's right there in the RCU rules that as long as no RCU rules are being broken , no one can demand any conversation be ended , only a moderator has the power to steer the flow of the conversation . So yea , I blasted the guy for the gall of trying to tell the rest of the board to basically "SHUT UP" , which was the sentiment of his posts and so I get labeled the bad guy ? Fine , got big shoulders , and less emotional investment here than I seem to be getting credit for . It just couldn't go unchallenged that the OP was going after two respected fellow RCers reputations in essentially extorting money from them with his "replace my planes or I'll trash your name" campaign when all the while it was HIM who was at fault for the plane's demise in the first place ! These two guy's reputations ARE their selling power and it is a rotten underhanded attack on their money making capabilities when lies like the OP told are allowed to stand as fact .

Who here can say I'm wrong ?

Last edited by init4fun; 06-04-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:24 AM
emessys

OMG.

Covers eyes, shakes his head, sadly walks away.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:27 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by emessys
OMG.

Covers eyes, shakes his head, sadly walks away.

Right ..... Well , Thank You for your contribution to the conversation .... Or not ....
Old 06-04-2015, 11:01 AM
cublover
My Feedback: (47)

Originally Posted by Condor060
Mr. Ribbe is making an effort to resolve the situation. Out of respect for his attempt to work towards a resolution I am closing the thread

Kind of a libby' way of doing things don't ya think??.. I lost a brand new "Beast" a couple weeks ago from and incident with a club member. I blasted him even though I am a new member... Some people gotta use your head when your out here... Lots of money up in the air!! Its all good to be a "HotRod", but sometimes you screw up, and you have to face the music.... Keep the thread open libby,,, We ALL want to see what happens with this,, AND safety issues that go with it as well...
Old 06-04-2015, 11:46 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by cublover
Kind of a libby' way of doing things don't ya think??.. I lost a brand new "Beast" a couple weeks ago from and incident with a club member. I blasted him even though I am a new member... Some people gotta use your head when your out here... Lots of money up in the air!! Its all good to be a "HotRod", but sometimes you screw up, and you have to face the music.... Keep the thread open libby,,, We ALL want to see what happens with this,, AND safety issues that go with it as well...

Hi Cublover ,

Ok , ya got me guessing here , cause not once ever never anywhere have I heard anyone referred to as a , , "libby" ????

If it ain't too much an imposition , would ya mind adding a bit of defining context to the term ?

libby

I got nothing on that ......
Old 06-04-2015, 11:49 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

libby: Liberal
Old 06-04-2015, 11:52 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

so close the thread!rcu needs to keep this kind of stuff off so the rest of us dont have to listen to such diatribe and bull.frankly this issue should have been resolved with the contest directors and both parties should as professionals been willing to discuss the incident in private and resolve it mutually .airing this stuff openly does nothing to promote anyone or the event or the hobby.while not being there i have served as a flightline director so i can relate to the event.but not having been there and witnessing the event unfold I cant take side.but i do feel joe nall officials should have set up a meeting in private and mediate this without using the rcu as a place to blasts people.honestly i dont come to the rcu network much because in the past you hear from nasty ill intended people whether or not its about ama and dues or vendors and now fueds on the flite line.

I sincerely hope this kind of situation does not occur again on rcu.it really lowers the bar for everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.