Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

FSA Clubhouse

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:39 AM
kregan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FSA Clubhouse

That is a real nice speech. To bad that kind of talk only comes around when
we have a democrat in the white house. If it wasn't for the daily bashing
of republicans on NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and the list goes on, I don't
think we would be as bad off as we are today.

Lets get real, they spent a Trillion dollars and didn't even read the bill. They said
it had to be passed in 2 days and then Obama waited 4 days to sign it in a photo
op.

Now the new stimulus bill out today is said to contain over 9000 earmarks, pure
payolla money to the lobbyist.

The democrats have successfully divided the country along income lines and
demonized the people that take risks, run their own company's, and become
sucsesfull.

The new standard in America is to be advantage, anything more and you are
punished severely.

ORIGINAL: DrDeath

I usually stay out of political talks, but as a matter of public service, I just want everyone to has accurate information. Just to be clear, I hope people are not getting their information from Rush Limbaugh. He is malcontent and needs to top spewing venom. We need to pull together as a country. If our current Presidents policies fail, WE ALL FAIL and the average man will be in even worse predicaments then they currently are in. But RICH people like him and other talking heads will not feel the pain. Here is the rundown on the Stimulus Tax Breaks

Old 02-25-2009, 02:10 PM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Kelly, my dear BACC buddy. That is so revisionist history when it comes to division along economic lines and a typical Rush Limbaugh sycophant response. I can go on and on about Rush, but that isn’t the point. As most know I am an independent but had to join a party when I moved to Maryland (really sucked). If I were living in VA I would remain an independent having voted “both sides of the isle†during my life. ALL POLITICIANS ARE LYING people as most of you heard me say on many occasions, Republicans and Democrats alike. But let’s not get the current state of affairs with the economy twisted on who is at fault. The world’s economy has suffered tremendously under the last 8 years of the Bush administration. We are in the worse depression since the great depression of 1929. You more than most know the affects of the current banking crisis. The economy didn’t collapse January 20, 2009! Circuit City, Linens and Things, GM, Chrysler and Ford’s problems didn’t start January 20, 2009. Did AIG, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, and JPMorgan Chase fail and get bailed after January 20, 2009? No. The executives of Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, and JPMorgan Chase made over 1.6 BILLION, that is BILLION with a BIG B in 2007, again, was this after January 20, 2009? The answer is no, these events happened under the Bush administration. These are facts, not the ranting of a political malcontent by the likes of Rush Limbaugh.

In addition to the financial crisis, we have a world that hates us, plain and simple. They hate us because of our failed economic policies as well as our foreign policies. Back in 2001 we could have nuked Afghanistan from the face of this earth because of what happened on 9/11 and no one, I repeat no one in this world would have batted an eye. We had so much good will cash after 9/11 that we had card blanche to do whatever we needed to do in Afghanistan but we burned it up with a needless war in Iraq over WOMD (Weapons of Mass Disappearance or was it Weapons of Mass Deception). The world hates us. I have been blessed to have traveled around the world and it is amazing that the world is happy that we have made a change in direction. Let’s not get into the rhetoric of Cheney who is about a real as a three dollar bill. Don’t get me wrong, if we need to pull the trigger, then pull the trigger, but let’s make sure we are doing it for the right reason and not because someone’s daddy was targeted back during the first gulf war. I have personally seen far too many you men and women permanently crippled because of this senseless war that was started over a lie.

The whole point is, none of us, should take what the talking heads Republican or Democrat, conservative or liberal says at face value. Also, you mentioned the fish wraps and news outlets that are liberal, but you didn’t mention CNN, Fox and CBS which are conservative. CBS is conservative, not liberal.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:03 PM
weathervane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, what a nice day. I had the Cub out and ran about three tanks through it. It was a bit windy but I had fun. I brought it home in one piec. That is all that counts. I'm going to try and get the Pizza Express plane done in the next few days. The tail feathers are coming along nicely.

-Andrew
Old 02-25-2009, 05:14 PM
kregan

That was a nice try (twice) to belittle my political point of view by
presuming I make my decisions based on what Rush L. (or anyone
else) says. The only person that has said anything about Rush L. is you.

I may have a different point of view on the situation because I am a small
business owner. I hope you don't think I make my business/financial
decisions based on what Rush says?

Like I said... The everyone come together speak only happens when a democrat
is in power. I am sure our military men and women would have loved to here
a little of that over the last few years, but the bashing never stopped, hell the
Dems even declared the war "lost" at one point. That was a nice kick in the
teeth to our country and troop's.

The fact remains that they passed a trillion (with intrest) dollar bill without reading
it, and then waited 4 days to sign it.

As for every other country hating us... They all know were to come when they
need something or need saving.

After 911... I recall cheering in the streets from a lot of countries. Let's not
forget the Bush and the Jews planned it crowd. That said I think you are wrong
to assume we could have done "anything" with everyone blessing.

I do blame Bush for not having that tower rebuilt in 1 to 2 years.

Please don't take anything I am saying as wanting OB to fail. I hope it works
out great. I have admitted I was wrong in the past and would gladly do so again
if his plan works out but going by history I don't think it will, we shall see.

ORIGINAL: DrDeath

Kelly, my dear BACC buddy. That is so revisionist history when it comes to division along economic lines and a typical Rush Limbaugh sycophant response. I can go on and on about Rush, but that isn’t the point. As most know I am an independent but had to join a party
Old 02-25-2009, 05:18 PM
kregan

On another note....
Check out this server in a wall cube.

http://hackaday.com/2009/02/25/sheev...-linux-server/
Old 02-25-2009, 05:31 PM
kregan

BTW, if you want to continue this political conversation we can do
it over a game of golf... your treat! and I will spot you 4 strokes,
but I am keeping score!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:23 PM
thunder21
My Feedback: (2)

Wise man once say model airplanes and politics do not mix.

That's why all the political talk goes on in the basement at RC Groups:
http://www.rcgroups.com/life-the-uni...d-politics-22/

DD, I think I'd be wary of talking politics around things like golf clubs. You never know when somebody will forget to yell fore!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:18 PM
kregan

DD likes his new clubs way to much to risk damaging them on my hard head.

ORIGINAL: thunder21
DD, I think I'd be wary of talking politics around things like golf clubs. You never know when somebody will forget to yell fore!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:30 PM
kregan

Speaking of RCgroups, I posted this over their last week...

I have to give a big thumbs up for the excellent service I have received from Randy at RCDude hobbies.

My first purchase from Randy was a Hyperion Duo charger, Scorpion motor, and a speed control.

After a couple of months the Duo started acting up and Randy had a RMA form and all the return info to me in one day through email.

United hobbies serviced the unit over the holidays and had the unit back in my hands pretty fast considering the holiday closings. I was told by united hobbies and Randy that if I had any issues they would replace the charger with the new Duo II.

After receiving the charger back I noticed 1 cell in each of my packs was not coming up to voltage and the charger was just doing some strange things. I contacted Randy and the charger was replaced with the new Duo II for a nominal charge of $30.00 for the upgrade. The charger arrived 2 days after the call.

I wanted to publicly thank Randy at RCDude for his quick email replies and outstanding service. Thanks Randy !!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:14 PM
thunder21
My Feedback: (2)

I wasn't talking about him, he seems pretty calm about politics.

ORIGINAL: kregan

Old 02-25-2009, 09:36 PM
kregan

Please, I wold never swing a club at anything but the golf ball.

I wasn't talking about him, he seems pretty calm about politics.

ORIGINAL: kregan

Old 02-25-2009, 09:39 PM
DrDeath

ROTFLMAO. Only reason I even engaged in this conversation was because it was Kelly and him and I are all good!!!! He is right, I loved my clubs too much to break them on his hard head. Besides, they cost too much for that.

Now, if you spot me 4 strokes a side, then we may have a game.

Did you ever finish your electric conversion?
Old 02-26-2009, 09:02 AM
SpitfireMkII
My Feedback: (8)

and now.......back to our regular scheduled program....

I think Gary is rubbing off on me.....something about two wings.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YbG2...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jiub...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5ukV...eature=related

love this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nZoS...eature=related

Breaking the rules ?

For the rock-n-rollers amongst us

Classy scheme - Very British

Hope to have the kit ordered next week - Anyone have a NIB G-38 they want to part with ?

MT

Old 02-26-2009, 09:51 AM
DrDeath

Mike Butler had one, because I almost bought it for my Spacewalker that needs to be freakin finished. If it wasn't for the fact that my Spacewalker is 2/3 done, I would sell you mine.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:52 AM
SpitfireMkII

Thanks, I think Gary might have bought that one.....
Old 02-26-2009, 04:02 PM
JLITZ3

I just thought I would take some time and say good bye. I terminated my membership with FSA and I wanted to stop by to let you guys know as I am sure your President didn't mention it to anyone. After three going on four years of membership I had the chance to speak with many of you guys and spend some flying time together. There were plenty of great days of flying at the field for me ,I also enjoyed many of the events that were held. It was brought to my attention that I was problem for a few of the club members so I decided to take myself out of the picture completley. I also found myself not even wanting to come to the field anymore , however I am not blaming anyone I am clearly stating I just wasn't happy as a member. I only hope that FSA members will look at the club as more than just a flying field and maybe see what people see that spectate and wish they could be apart of a group of people like FSA has to offer. I also will not be posting any longer as I am not part of the FSA Clubhouse. Thankyou for your time and have a great flying season.

John Litz
Old 02-26-2009, 08:06 PM
weathervane

John,

I wish you the best. It sucks that it came to this decision. I know I never heard any talk like that about you. I hope you and I can be friends outside of FSA.

-Andrew
Old 02-26-2009, 08:17 PM
weathervane

My Pizza Express plane is starting to take shape. I think I made the elevator a bit to small but thats ok. If it flys one time I'm happy. The tail feathers are done. I will next make the mount that they will sit on. I'm still working on how the wings will mount to the box.

-Andrew
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20124.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1145624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24063.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1145625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qw56749.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1145626  
Old 02-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Montague

Andrew,
That elevator will probably be fine. You don't need a giant elevator to fly just fine.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:16 AM
weathervane

Sweet, I was thinking I might need to rebuild it.
-Andrew

ORIGINAL: Montague

Andrew,
That elevator will probably be fine. You don't need a giant elevator to fly just fine.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:55 AM
SpitfireMkII

ORIGINAL: BrownOut

I just thought I would take some time and say good bye. I terminated my membership with FSA and I wanted to stop by to let you guys know as I am sure your President didn't mention it to anyone. After three going on four years of membership I had the chance to speak with many of you guys and spend some flying time together. There were plenty of great days of flying at the field for me ,I also enjoyed many of the events that were held. It was brought to my attention that I was problem for a few of the club members so I decided to take myself out of the picture completley. I also found myself not even wanting to come to the field anymore , however I am not blaming anyone I am clearly stating I just wasn't happy as a member. I only hope that FSA members will look at the club as more than just a flying field and maybe see what people see that spectate and wish they could be apart of a group of people like FSA has to offer. I also will not be posting any longer as I am not part of the FSA Clubhouse. Thankyou for your time and have a great flying season.

John Litz

I know of no details in your case but I don't ever recall anything bad being said about you, honestly I'm baffled. Having been in the club since 2000, I can relate to having been through several personality conflicts (some seen right here on RCU). There have been many, many, many.....many times that I wanted to just throw in the towel and walk away. Fighting over model airplanes and rules and whatever is just stupid and a 100% waste of time.

I have found that firstly the problem almost always stems from a lack of communication between the person/persons. Many times groups will get together and discuss "so and so" and how dangerous he is or how many rules he breaks, or what a lousy flyer he is, or he hogs the sky, or whatever. This is done rather than just walking over and talking with the person......perhaps because its cool to ridicule people behind their back? ......I don't know. The end result is the problem gets bigger and bigger and bigger, with more and more people getting involved and taking sides. Many times it seems that some just want to be involved in some kind of conflict and fuel the fire with others. Many times there are egos at work......like the "I'm a better and safer model airplane flier than you" or at its lowest, someone that is jealous of another and looks to find anything wrong with what they do, even if they are not.

The thing is, for me, the passion to fly overides any single person or group of people within the club that wish to p1ss on my day. I'm not going to allow petty crap like this keep me from doing something that I truly love. Along with this, there are some great people within our club, that do make every outing a great experience. I find that many times I'm just there to hang with friends, I don't always need to bring a plane, its fun just to be there at that point in time, taking in what life has to offer. Then there are the times when you are able to help other members, so that they may enjoy their day. After a long days work full of stress and headaches, helping another member with a cranky engine or flight issue is very de-stressing, not to mention very rewarding.

In every conflict that I have been involved in at FSA, I have found that you can bicker and bicker all you want, it is only when you have met with the other person/persons and discussed the issues at hand that things are made good. In every case, an agreement has been made, apoligies exchanged and suddenly, all is good again. I'm happy to say that every direct conflict I have been in has been worked out, and those friendships restored.

John - The message here is, don't let a few people ruin something you enjoy doing, certainly there are members in the club that make it worth going to, not to mention the wonderful experience of flight. You must also be willing to make your place in the club and be active.

All clubs have these problems, clubs are nothing buy micro-societies, you should see the crap that goes on in the MINI Cooper club, you have to ask "What in the world would you fight over in a car club ?" trust me it happens, the politics rage !

FSA as a whole is not bad, there are some sour grapes but for the most part, not bad, I hope that you will reconsider your decision to bail out.......

MT

Old 02-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Montague

Andrew,

If you're attaching the motor to the front of the pizza box with nothing else out there, you may actually want to shorten the tail boom. The location of the wings over makes the plane look like it will come out tail heavy unless the motor is extended forward or is heavier than normal or something. I could be wrong, but just watch the CG.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:02 PM
kielbasa

the club will be worse off without you. I wish that there was something I could do. This is truly a shame. You will be missed.

Please reconsider.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:33 PM
SpitfireMkII

Andrew,

I agree with Kirk, watch the CG

Another thing to make sure of is that you do not have any tail boom flex (or very little) either in the dowel or in the mount for it. What happens (the airofil can make a difference) is that as lift is generated the wing torques in the opposite direction - like that 302 in your car, as you rev the body goes one way and the motor the other, that Newton guy said something about this phenomenon.

So as the plane goes faster it is generating more lifting force than gravity, as this happens the wing will want to pitch the nose down. With flex in the boom what happens is the (put simply) incidence gets screwed up and you may end up with it never being happy in level flight, not to mention trimming issues. Plus they look funny flying with a bent tail.

In the worse case, you may get was is known as "Tuck" or "Wingo Tuck" after the model that had a big problem with this. What happens is if you get into a dive, the main wing will torque more and more as airspeed increases, the horizontal stab at this point is trying to stabilze the wing (that's why they call it a......"stabilizer" ) from rotating forward, the boom bends more and more, the incidence in the tail goes further and further into positive incidence which is the last thing you need at this point. This flex and incidence change will keep you in the dive and you may find that you have no more elevator throw to pull the nose up....and then its toast.....Boom-Smack-Crack! The only way to get out of it, depending on the severity is to slow down, with an electric, the best thing is to throttle till it stops then back on 1 or 2 clicks, that will cause the drag on the prop rather than freewheeling, thus helping slow the plane down. Try not to bend the elevator stick if you can.

Most of the planes I fly "during the day" have tailbooms, I first experienced this back in my first year or so flying them. Being the usual "confident pilot" I decided to, after a very successful day of work, to do a hot pass with the company "asset" to further boost moral. In a descending turn to level out for the low pass I noticed I was using more and more elevator, then the stick stopped [X(] no more throw yet the plane is continuing to dive. I backed off the throttle and thankfully it responded, the low pass was perfect and the GCS pilot noted that I had buried the airspeed indicator at 110 Knots. I never did reveal the whole story to the boss on that one but he may now know that !

That was a very big lesson learned for me, firstly do not hot shot with the company "asset" since you might toast it, and second, these tail boom planes need added respect and a different approach to handling.

Hope that wasn't too much and not too complicated.

Now, will there be a Pizza in the box for us to eat after your flight ? [:-]
Old 02-27-2009, 12:50 PM
weathervane

OK, I am on mental melt down here. My brain is not a sponge and all of this is ooozzzzing all over the place.

Kirk, I'm not real sure what I am going to do there yet. I might mount it flush or move it out by a few inches.

Mike, Ouch, my head hurts. I got you with the car part. I'm hoping for a slow flyer. Kinda-maybe.

Thanks for all the help guys. I can always find great info for my current projects here.
-Andrew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.