RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   RC Report Website? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/8264136-rc-report-website.html)

BruceTharpe 01-31-2009 04:59 PM

RE: RC Report Website?

ORIGINAL: hpiguy

I see in the last issue I just received that Gordon is being stiffed on 18,000 in ad revenue.

I'd like to have the names of those advertisers so that I don't spend money with them. I won't support someone who had a part in putting the best R/C mag out of business.
As an advertiser in R/C Report, you should know that BTE paid for all our ads, on time, all the way to the end.

As a modeler and a fan of R/C Report, I too would like to know who stiffed Gordon.

doucette 01-31-2009 10:40 PM

Wow, I just got my "final" issue, I was oblivious to this thread and this situation until my copy came in the mail today. RC Report was my only subscription, with the exception of MA which I get as a result of my AMA membership. I feel like I have lost a lot of great friends who came into my home once a month to chat about RC. I have to say, I admire Gordon for sticking by his convictions and doing what he thought was right. I truly appreciate all the hard work he and his staff put in to put out such a great project. I wish everyone associated with the magazine the best. What a great run, what a great Magazine, and what a wonderful group of people.

Best regards to all

Tom

p.s. Gordon, If you read this, thanks a bunch. I certainly will not be requesting a refund. You have educated me, enlightened me, and made me laugh out loud. Have a slice of Pizza, I'm gonna go have a beer.

Thanks for all your hard work.

td

xp8103 02-01-2009 07:55 AM

Wow..... Logout for a while and get blind sided when my March 09 issue arrived. Geez..... :( Aside from MA that arrives by default, RCR was the only RC mag I sub'd to. To those who complain about the length and wordiness of the reviews, I often used Dick's reviews to build by, last assembling an RC Guys Cessna 150. Thanks Dick!! I used to sub to MAN but years ago, in the middle of building a Lanier Cap 232, MAN ran their review. It was SO absolutely way off the mark from my experiences (basically "build the fuse, ok, sheet the wing, ok, assemble parts and fly, what a great kit!" ) that I was done with MAN.
Gordon and Mina and the staff, thanks for 2+ decades of a great product!

ec121k 02-01-2009 09:06 AM

I've got to admit I agree. MAN and their "experts" need help. I will have to look at what's left of the mags to make a decision. MA isn't much to write home about but it comes whether it's wanted or not.

jtrag 02-07-2009 02:19 AM

I get a 403 forbidden error when I try to access the site.

Springer 02-07-2009 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: jtrag

I get a 403 forbidden error when I try to access the site.
Try this link.

[link]http://www.rcreport.net/[/link]

sparky925 02-08-2009 08:39 AM

Main ste for RCReport Online

http://www.rcreport.net

Tony

Jimmy Skids 02-09-2009 11:42 PM

Tony,
Are you going to be posting the March issue any time? My mail box was broken into last week and I fear that the day my and my neighbors mail was taken was also the same day that the March issue was to arrive. Still looking each day to get the final issue, but the hope that it will show is getting smaller each day.
Jim Smith

farmerric 02-10-2009 05:05 PM

An earlier post said the march issue was mailed Jan 24....still waiting. will you post it?.... worried

fmichaelb 02-10-2009 05:35 PM

I just received mine on Saturday, Feb 7, yours is probably still enroute.

farmerric 02-11-2009 10:50 AM

thanks for the encouragement. I guess this really shows how much RCR was liked. er.....NEEDED
Ric

AIRPLANENUTS 02-11-2009 11:29 AM

Guys, does anyone have the March issue review of the Precision_Aero Ultimate Flight Stand? If so, could you please send me a copy? I'm interested in buying one of these stands.

Thank you,
Rick

[email protected]

pettit 02-11-2009 11:54 AM

You should be getting 2 PDF's via email shortly, if your inbox is empty (they're big files!)

AIRPLANENUTS 02-11-2009 07:03 PM

Thank you, Dick. I emptied my inbox just in case...

Rick

wnewbury 02-14-2009 04:31 PM

I sure admired Mr. Banks' efforts. Also hearing the truth about the 2 big advertisers was interesting. (That they are great.)

bill3388 02-18-2009 12:42 PM

I have not received my final (March) issue of the paper RCR. The email addresses don't seem to be working and the phones seem to be disconnected. I renewed for three years shortly before we found out that they would crease publication. Does anybody know how I can contact Gordon to ask him to send me the final issue? Like everybody, I sure will miss the previous RCR, but I apprecaite you guys that are working to continue an online version.

J_Whitney 02-18-2009 12:48 PM

You can write them at R/C Report Refund, P.O. Box 1796, Madison, AL 35758

Or you can choose to donate your subscrition costs to them to help cover their final expenses. Gordon is doing the "right" thing, trying to pay off everyone they may owe any money to.

bill3388 02-18-2009 08:13 PM

I emailed Gordon that I wanted to donate the rest of my subscription when I first heard that publication would stop. It was worth all the information and fun that I enjoyed over the years. I have every issue I received and would like to have the final one. I will send him a request. Thanks for the reply!

N1EDM 02-18-2009 09:06 PM

A similar thing happened to me... I didn't receive the February issue (the March/final issue came OK). I didn't want to be a piker and ask Gordon to send another, so I just ordered the magazine for $2 & $2 shipping... it came within a couple of weeks. If you like, I can scan the "Back issues" page out of the March issue that I used.

Bob

SuperCub Man 05-13-2009 10:28 AM

I have tried to fill out the subscription form at the new RC Report web site, but it doesn't accept anything accept US addresses and I live in Canada. I have been a subscriber for many years and location has not been a problem in the past. I have also called the number listed under CONTACT for the last three days, but just get a busy signal. I filled out the Web Mail contact form a few days ago as well, but have heard nothing back.

So are they having trouble in some way? Is the "On Line" edition going forward? Are they perhaps just so overloaded with new subscription requests that they haven't had time to get back to me? Love the publication and would dearly like to get back on the wagon!! How do I get someones attention??

pettit 05-13-2009 11:04 AM

Jim: I just sent your comments to Tony and I'll post his answer here when it arrives.

I have no doubts that the new website-based magazine is having its growing pains, but you should be able to sign up and also someone should answer the phone.

soarrich 05-13-2009 02:29 PM

And the pictures are soooo much nicer than in the old magazine. I download the PDF then you can blow the pictures up and really see how nice some of the planes really are. [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

SuperCub Man 05-13-2009 02:52 PM

Hi Dick,
Thanks very much for stepping in on my behalf. After solving a few snags I am now able to access the RC Report on line. Julia at RCR was very prompt on getting back to me through yourself and within hours all was straightened out.
I have already found two tips that I needed and I have only glanced through the publication. Also I have a very simple way to raise and lower the float rudders on my BUSA J3 cub that I kit bashed into a 1/4 scale Super Cub. (regarding your April article on same!) I will try to draw it up for you if you're interested.
In the meatime - thanks again.

Cheers
Jim

fmichaelb 05-17-2009 05:44 PM

Well, I'm kind of disappointed by them. I had a paper subscription. I didn't ask for any refund. However, since they have the online version up and going, I asked two weeks ago if they would let people who had paper subscriptions into the online site without paying.........no response. I am not going to pay again......fooled me once, but they aren't going to fool me twice.

soarrich 05-17-2009 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: fmichaelb

Well, I'm kind of disappointed by them. I had a paper subscription. I didn't ask for any refund. However, since they have the online version up and going, I asked two weeks ago if they would let people who had paper subscriptions into the online site without paying.........no response. I am not going to pay again......fooled me once, but they aren't going to fool me twice.

Yea, I had almost two years to go on paper, but they where upfront about going broke. They didn't say we're closing the paper magazine and opening the online one, PEOPLEASKEDTHEMTO, me included. It's a tough call but I'm OK with them keeping the two separate, I wouldn't want to see the paper version drag the online version down.

pettit 05-18-2009 08:29 AM

Actually they are 2 completely separate and different companies.

Gordon has absolutely no monitary interest in the new online version, and no monies can be transferred from one to another.

If you are due a refund from Gordon, follow the procedure in the AMardch 2009 issue and he'll give you a refund,.

But any refund cannot be transferred to the new online version.

dirtybird 05-18-2009 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: fmichaelb

I sure wish people like you would be a bit more undrstanding.
Gordon spent many years of hard work only to have it go bust due to the shenanigans of a bunch of ponzi scheme wall street gnomes.
Gordon lost thousands. What did you lose - $29?

fmichaelb 05-19-2009 07:52 AM

&lt;meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">&lt;meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document">&lt;meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9">&lt;meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view><w:zoom></w:zoom><w:donotoptimizeforbrowser></w:donotoptimizeforbrowser></w:worddocument></xml><![endif]><style type="text/css"><! Style Definitions */p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}@page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;}div.S</style><span roman="" new="" times="" style="font-size: 12pt;">Never asked for a refund, am not going to ask for one now. I emphasize with Gordon, I'm sorry he lost his business, and I'm sure he has enough to do and enough problems without tracking down my $29.00 and sending me a check for it. (actually, I think it was less than that, I've been subscribing for several years, but always renewed one year at a time, I think I lost nine months worth, however much that works out to). The point of the complaint was that I asked if people who had a paper subscription would be credited for an online subscription via the 'contact us' part of the online service and received no answer. So now Dick has answered via this forum, the answer is 'no', backed by a sensible explaination. But he (or who ever is in charge) should have answered the question privately from their website. That was the complaint. Better yet, they should post something along the line of Dick's answer on the website, maybe in the FAQor on the registration page.
</span></meta&gt;</meta&gt;</meta&gt;</meta&gt;

dirtybird 05-21-2009 04:09 PM

Well, I am sorry I hurt your feelings but as they used to say on the playground,"You started it"

Edwin 05-31-2009 08:26 PM

Sparky,</p>

I signed up a week or two ago and have not been able to get in.  I sent you a PM, no response.  Does this mean my CC wont be billed?  It been so long now I forgot my login.  Need help or refund.</p>

Edwin</p>

pettit 06-01-2009 05:49 AM

I'm not that sure that Sparky ever gets on RCUniverse.

Did you try emailing him directly?

mobyal 06-01-2009 06:50 AM

Edwin
I'd suggest that you pick up the telephone and call them at the number listed on the website 256/503-8436. You can speak with a real person (Julia is who Italked with)who can straighten out any problem while you all are on the phone, speaking with each other. Ifind that works much better than trying to do things by Email. Just MHO.
Al

Edwin 06-01-2009 07:17 AM

I used the "contact us" on their web site, got no response.  So I PM'd Sparky here, got no response.  Guess I'll have to call.   </p>

Edwin</p>