Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Sensation 1400 crashed!!

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Sensation 1400 crashed!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Walfam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sensation 1400 crashed!!

Sunday was a day that will go down in infamy!......... my hano prattner sensation 1400, crashed. (SOB).....I loved that plane......

the day started of terrible, put a new prop on and forgot to sand the edge, and as I was flipping the prop slowly to bring fuel
up to the carb, it sliced me like a hot knife thru butter. (wont ever forget to sand a new prop again). Started the flight
plane was as usual dead on in trim... worked on my routine and was flying the best I have ever done, and then it started;

as I was getting ready to land I got a "DEAD STICK" and a p51 came in and crashed right in front of me, didnt lose focus
but it did rattle me a little, then as I was coming around a training pulled up in front of me and yelled "DEAD STICK" and it was at this point where I lost it all, first I had to drop downto miss the trainer and I was already fairly low, then because of the clouds
I lost orientation, and I dumb thumbed it in, ( i admit it......!!!!! AGGGGH!!!!! ), so in it went. I LOVED THAT PLANE.....
so went home to work on my excellron 90 which I have on the boards, and cried for two hours. I LOVED THAT PLANE>>>

but life must go on!!!!...

IF anyone has a sensation 1400 out their in a box and you would be interested in selling it, please let me know, it was a great practice plane.... rock solid flyer....

sigh

I may never smile again!

I LOVED THAT PLANE!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 03:54 PM
gadix
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sensation 1400 crashed!!

well....DA
pictures please
Old 06-07-2005, 09:00 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Real sorry for the loss. I know the feeling all too well.
Dennis-
Old 06-08-2005, 05:40 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Sorry for the loss.
Please post pics.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:44 PM
mflander

At what point during the dodge the deadstick festivities do you start to think maybe you should just kill your motor and yell deadstick yourself? Maybe some engine tuning manuals and tach's should be included in the next club raffle. Lol, I'm kidding, I keed I keed. Did the trainer go deadstick and then wait until he was almost to the runway to announce it? Or was the timing just that bad?

Sorry for your loss, but for the planes sake, post the pics, and help the memory of her live on.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:51 AM
Sukhoi_Madness

I like the look of those Airplanes too...
Old 09-14-2005, 06:41 PM
bgi
My Feedback: (7)

Very sorry you lost your plane. I just put two up for sale in classified. New in box. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish I had time to build and fly them.