Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Survey-Youngest to Oldest Pilots

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Survey-Youngest to Oldest Pilots

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 10:00 PM
Spaceclam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Survey-Youngest to Oldest Pilots

a pattern plane may say 3d on itt, but it will never be really designed for 3d. pattern planes have a sleek profile and are designed for speed. true 3d planes will have fat and tall fuselages because they act like wings when you are doing let's say a knife edge. also, in the interest of aerodynamics, the wings are negerally a bit smaller to prevent excessive drag. this causes the wing loading to be higher, and that is extremely detrimental to the performance of a 3d aircraft. go to www.extremeflightrc.com aand click skip intro, it's useless. once you get to the main page, click products and on the top right you will see yak54 it may say 68" hak 54. that is a true 3d plane, and there is a video to show you. no real pattern plane can do that. that plane is one of the best 3d planes of that size, and isn't even on the market yet. i know becuase i have talked to people who have test flown it and even the owner of the company who is really into 3d flight. if you were to take that really fast everything would rip off the plane. pattern requires low profile and low drag. 3d flight requires a higher profile and a lot of wing area because at the speeds at which you fly, drag isn't a big factor. you can't get the best of both worlds.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:23 PM
raptor5900
My Feedback: (4)

yup agreed......pattern planes cant be 3D IE quest 3D .........anyways what i was trying to say is nowadays a pattern plane will fly 70 MPH instead of 100Mph......Btw have you heard of artistic aerobatics AKA 3D/pattern set to music.........the person makes up their own flight plan......most of the AA planes are pattern fuse with different wings and tail fethers to do 3D also (not extream 3D)
Old 01-11-2004, 01:25 AM
sir-crash-alot

sorry wrong wording let me just say its cheaper and it will do everything!
Old 01-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Spaceclam

a pattern plane will never be a true 3dr. it may be able to hover and such, but it will never be a real 3dr. no existing pattern plane will be able to match or even comeclose to that yak fron extremeflight. there are many other planes that are designed to perform very well also, but i chose this one becuase it actually models after an existing plane. trust me man. if a pattern ship ever says 3d, it can hover and maybe snap roll. those are considered 3d maneuvers. they can also say 3d on the box without it even being able to do any aerobatics because 3d is not trademarked and can be used anywhere.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:29 PM
raptor5900

A snap roll is also in the advanced pattern....LIKE I SAID I AGREE.....now back to the subject of the subject. My plane ll hover and do a few other 3D stuff but it wont do extream stuff like the YAK from EXTREAMFLIGHT......which i also agree is a sick 3D plane.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:41 AM
shades

i started at about 10 but with cars and a year later i started planes but never flew them just built and in december of last year i started helicopters and can fly those real good so now i went back to planes and the first plane i flew(using expeirience from the heli) was a u can do 3d and later than day a hangar 9 p-51 planes are very easy from help of the heli! but yeah now i'am 13 and turnin 14 in less then a month
Old 01-13-2004, 12:59 AM
Spaceclam

my mind is finally starting to drift off the need for the yak as it is the new year and it is kind of a landmark going from available next year to available this year. god i can't wait. i'm spending more money now on my four rotored thingamabob i've been building over the past year
Old 01-16-2005, 08:41 AM
pedsnurse

istated in my mothers womb, but she got mad when the utrus was full crashed and unbuilt planes. now I am 4000 years old
Old 01-16-2005, 09:42 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading the ridiculus bantor of this thread, I have come to the conclusion that RCU should require a persons age be placed on all his posts! Don't get me wrong......I'm glad to see the young ones so interested in our wonderful sport.......but to be truthful...I have forgotton more info about RC in my 35 years of flying/building/experimenting/crashing......than any of these" 14 year old Super Contributors" ever learned!!! My point is this.....I come to RCU for Real information, from informed individuals that have experience in the hobby that I love so much..not a bunch of 14 going on 30 wannabee's with too much time on there hands, and grandious dreams!!
I remember when I was 14 years old, and knew evereything too!!
Old 01-16-2005, 10:23 AM
sir-crash-alot

hey do you have a go-ped!
Old 01-16-2005, 10:38 AM
shades

Well, i'am 14, and i own a registered business. I do aerial photography from my helicopter. and i made my web page, take a look at k2shots.com oh yeah and i fly a maule mx-7.

And i do admit that some of others 14 yr olds are a bit immature. but as was stated earlier, they have way to much time on their hands. I do this as a business so i have the right to be obsessive.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:49 AM
sir-crash-alot

Wow thats impressive. My friend and i were possibly thinking about making little arf faomys the are airbrushed!!!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Spaceclam

lyle3d, i am 14 as well. it is true that your average 14 year old pothead is the way you describe, the majority of us "14 going on 30 wanabees" are not your average everyday pothead. that's jsut the way that rcu turns out. Normally people think i am a colledge student until i tell them. for instance, i was in contact with an engineering student at purdue university who was trying to build a 4 rotored flying machine for his final project. i esentially told him how to do everything because he knew nothing, and he ended up graduating and is now working for BAE systems. he did not know my age until i told him.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:10 AM
sir-crash-alot

Im 14 by the way, not a pothead but wont say i have never tried. When i talk to older people i sound old but the way i dress (gangster lol) they take one look and judge me. idc as long as i got airplanes i find that it gives me a goal in life to either be a fighter pilot or an aeronautical engineer. I know where i want to go so i know what i have to do. If i were start this ligit foamy arf thing would anyone be interested!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:29 AM
shades

danny zsabo is a good example of a 14 yr old pilot, he is even sponsered by thunder tiger.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:57 AM
RC MANIAC119

I never called anyone a pothead............My Point was that you 14 year olds are giving information/advice about things you have no idea about, and if a new guy reads some of your mis-information..well the outcome cannot be good! Besides, this is the video section, you posted oldest youngest pilot on here....and then started babbling about Pattern birds!!

STAY FOCUSED..KEEP YOUR MIS-INFORMATION TO YOUR SELF!!!
Old 01-16-2005, 12:12 PM
sir-crash-alot

Dude i am very knowledgable about this hobby! I know a lot more about this hobby than a lot of the guys at my field. Heck im even a flight instructer and i fly 3d.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Spaceclam

LyleD,
Dont tell me, Show me.
You complain about our mis-information so Call us on it when it comes about, and when you have a lot of misinformation to hold against us, THEN make the judgement that we do not know, But not before. I think you will find that you wont call us on it often at all. It will put into perspective how much mis-information we have to offer. By the way, there is a lot of misinformation from adult rcuniverwse members but i dont see you telling them to stay out because they dont know what they are doing....
Old 01-16-2005, 08:36 PM
shades

just the other day in kadet senior's prop cleard my head by about 2ft. and he was a pilot that knew nothing about r/c. he was about 3 times as old as me
Old 01-16-2005, 08:44 PM
sailerf2

I started when I was 6.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:19 PM
ICE_MAN

Well I don't know if I've posted in this forum yet but I recently turned 15.
Lyle,What are you talking about! Maybe he wanted to know the age of the people in that certain forum. Not every one is in EVERY forum. For instance I'm normally in ARF or Giant Scale. Occasionally posting in Crashes n' stuff and giving/recieving advice in the beginners. I don't know what your talking about witht the mis-info either. Every one has their own opinions. Dif. things work for dif people.And to be honest with yeah I've seen space clam in th 3D forums and he's not dumb, the same with sir-crash-alot. Did you even look at Shades sight? Who that is not knowledgable, is at the same time a heli pilot AND running a business!
Old 01-16-2005, 09:21 PM
RC MANIAC119

I never told you to stay out....jeeesss.....this is like talking to a 14 year old!!!!! OPPS....I WAS!!

Grow up little boys......
Old 01-16-2005, 09:23 PM
sir-crash-alot

My flying buddy and i are tryin to start a foamy arf buisness! We should know wether its a go in about a week! yeh i know a lot of info lol!!!
Old 01-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Spaceclam

we never said that you told use to stay out in the first place!? who are you responding to?
like i said, dont tell me, show me.
lyled, when you throw out misinformation such as saying that we dont know what we are talking about, (and i am calling on you for throwing out misinformation by the way) you can expect a crowd together and protest, and that is not limited to "little boys"
PM me if you want a transcript of a comversation i had with an engineering student at purdue. it was his final project to get a 4 rotored flyimg machine to hover controllably and i was in email communication with him for a good 6 months i believe and i essentially told him everything ad he built it. you can see how much mis-information i gave him there. as a matter of fact, i gave him so much mis-information that he got an A on the assignment and went on to work for BAE systems. (if you are not familliar, that's an aerospace defense company)
Please, give us some examples of our mis-information. becasue i am understanding, if you can not provide examples, call us on it!! but if you can not provide any examples, and you dont call us on anything, than it shows that your frustration is out of a steryotype and not real life experiances. kids on the street and kids on rcu seem to differ slightly.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:31 PM
campbec

Guys, Guys,

Take a deep breath and think cool blue ocean.........breathe. Right!!!
It doesn't matter how old you are to have something of worth to say provided you respect an other persons right to their point of view even if it the opposite of yours.

I know some people over fifty that I wouldn't trust to water my lawn and some teenagers who I 'm confident in flying me in full size aircraft. My youngest son soloed in gliders at 15 and powered at 16 and was a much better r/c pilot at 12 than I will ever be. I cherish my flights with him in command. I think he was born thirty years old and there are plenty just like him.

Age is no measure of maturity. Some old far@s like me go on making the same mistakes time after time. Full scale pilots don't have that luxury.

Cheers,

Colin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.