Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Draganfly iv. Anyone flew it?Control?

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Draganfly iv. Anyone flew it?Control?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 10:05 PM
SgtBilko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Draganfly iv. Anyone flew it?Control?

Hey Scott, I got an RC 4WD truck. I ran it around the snow a bit, but it just seems to be missing something. I'll check the manual again, but so far I don't think I know how to get it off the ground

Happy new year to everybody
Old 12-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Caladin

Hi all
I am new to this group, and have been flying my DF ti pro for about a month now. I have developed a very low cost and easy solution for home made rotor blades. I bought a sheet of corrugated roofing plastic. It is 0.8mm thick and just the right stiffness and available in all colours. I had to modify the blade profile to better utilise the curve of the corrugated sheet. I made one pattern out of paper and then used it both ways up to make a c/w and an a/c/w blade template. I then used these two templates to go into mass production (10 of each). I simply draw round the template and cut them out with scissors and drill the 3 holes. They work very well and I have not broken any yet. The Draganflyer seems more happy with them than the pvc foam blades and it just hums along with good lift and battery life. I would suspect that if the blades dont brake in a collision then something else must, but my experience so far is that the blades will bend on heavy contact with furniture, trees etc. and I have not had anything but trouble free flying so far. I must stress that if you use this method, then a straight copy of the original blade profile will not generate enough lift. If anyone is interested in a pattern for the new profile just let me know.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:12 PM
jason.leesb

Hi Caladin,

I am interested to understand more on your blade. Can you email me ? If you have any pictures as well , that would be great !
Old 12-28-2005, 10:31 PM
poorjohn6

I too would like to see a photo posted along with the template. Also, where on the plastic roofing material do you place the template? Does it go over the top of the curve, or somewhere else? Its so hard to picture the process in my mind as the curves of the blades and the roofing don't look the same.

John
Old 12-29-2005, 04:02 AM
Caladin

Hi again
OK I have details of the template I used and some pictures. If you look at the pictures, you can see there is a marking gauge (made from a piece of the corrugated sheet) used to determine the top centre of the ridge in the corrugated plastic. ( I put a pen in the v slot and dragged it along the sheet in both directions to verify the v slot was in the middle) I then placed the centre line of the paper pattern to align with the centre line marked on the corrugated sheet and used a bit of tape to hold it down. I then very carefully traced the outline onto the corrugated sheet. (both ways up to make c/w and an a/c/w) I used a pin to marke the centres of the 3 holes (Be as accurate as you can here) I then cut out these 2 blades with scissors and opened up the holes to 1mm and used some emery paper to put some radii on the sharp corners. I made them as accurate as possible (within 0.5mm) as these will be the templates for all future production. To make the blades, simply put the template on the sheet of corrugated plastic, align the centre lines and mark the centres of the 3 holes and trace the outline. Cut out the blade (cutting away the pen line) smooth off any sharp edges and they work very well. ( I found the type of pen that you use to write on CD's is fine enough and does not rub off) Let me know how you get on
[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40301.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	377298   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77774.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	377299   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37128.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	377300   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jc86026.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	377301  
Old 12-29-2005, 11:17 AM
kuzer

Hello,
Thanks for the information on your blades, but where do you buy this type of roofing plastic?

kuzer
Old 01-06-2006, 04:07 AM
jason.leesb

After flying my Draganfly for about 10 mins, I charge the DF's "thunder power" battery. But I notice that the green LED on the charger blinks for about 5 seconds & the LED disappear.

Any idea what is wrong ?
Old 01-06-2006, 01:52 PM
scottslc

on mine, when the led goes off, it means the batteries charged. Is the battery still dead or charged?

Scott
Old 01-06-2006, 02:27 PM
CostaRica1

Guys, Any idea about RCtoys making a DF VI ?
Old 01-07-2006, 01:02 AM
SgtBilko

My wallet can not even think about the possibility of a df6 [:-][:-][:-]
Old 01-07-2006, 08:22 PM
av8ersteve
My Feedback: (1)

Is there a DF 6 coming out soon? I have been saving my money now for a while and should finally be able to buy my DF 5 Ti at the end of this month. If a version 6 is just around the corner then I'll wait. Is there???
Old 01-08-2006, 03:32 PM
WILDFX

Got my DF V comming and will learn to fly that first then flop it on ebay if a VI comes out ..
I need nav lights and one know where on line ?
Old 01-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: WILDFX

I need nav lights and one know where on line ?
Try looking here in the Nav Lights Thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm
Old 01-09-2006, 10:58 AM
SgtBilko

If you're looking for inexpensive/easy look at the Tire Flys. I use them, easily seen at night, readily available on eBay in blue/red/green, do an eBay search for rim lights, tire lights, tire flys etc
Old 01-11-2006, 07:28 PM
HELLFIGHTER

QUESTION, I have been thinking about purchasing one of the draganflyers but I am going to put on a better camera then that dinky 50mv one. I know the one I want to get can handle 6-8 ounces of wieght and Im researching the possible combination of camera parts. The question is if there is a way to hook up an external antena to my Uhaul or house and connect it to the controler so that being inside will not effect its range. My plan is to have a flyer outfited with great camera so I may fly and record from a monitor. I would appreciate the help.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:52 PM
yvesOttawa

ORIGINAL: HELLFIGHTER

I want to get can handle 6-8 ounces of wieght
It's more like 4 oz. RCtoys people did some tests and lifting beyond 4 oz really impacts the stability of the DF and motor wear. Also, don't expect to get anywhere near the regular flight times normally expected when lifting the 1 oz eyecam extreme gear.

You are talking about the 4 rotor DraganFlyer right? It seems many people get this one confused with the micro heli DragonFly fixed pitch heli with two rotors only.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:23 PM
CostaRica1

From my personal experience the DF can handle 3 onz at the most, that leaves litle room for loading.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:51 PM
scottslc

One thing you can do. The new batteries are smaller and so take up less weight. I tried installing a still camera on mine. The whole setup was about 5-6 oz. It involved a still camera and a servo to press the button to take the picture. The weight really effected my flying and so i gave up for the time being. Cameras are getting smaller all the time so it's something to watch out for.

Scott
www.slcity.com/df
Old 01-13-2006, 08:14 PM
WILDFX

I just got My DF V and the left and right rotors do not work off the gyro .. So any trouble shoot ? or send it back ?
Thanks ?
Old 01-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Caladin

Hi WildFX

Do you mean you have no stability in the roll axis?
Old 01-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Since we have so many topics not related to the original topic of the thread I'm going to close this one and allow you guys to start new threads. If you asked a question in this thread that you have not satisfactorily received an answer, you are welcome to start a new thread. Thanks guys.