Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Eflite Blade CX

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 08:40 PM
wafreelance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eflite Blade CX

I really havent had any problems, and yes its carbon tube, with any interference from the carbon shaft. at all the biggest challenge was the extra weight throwing it off had to pack the nose with clay adding until I got a balanced craft, but no no interference and Ive had it up 100 feet high, mostly just get scared the wind is going to come out of nowhere and suck it away, I did attempt a long distance flight at the local school grounds, and I have claimed it to be the quickest flight ever a whole 30 seconds took off from the pitchers mound all was cool I thought, got it up to about 60 feet and started to go forward, when out of nowhere came a gust of wind and drover to the ground, 3 broken blades and a broken landing gear runner. I just laughed in emberassment! got in my car drove home, put new blades on and was very content flying in my back yard!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Psikelly

Awesome. I wrapped my antenna just like you did because i also did the tube boom and my LHS told me that. Maybe its just something he heard from someone else and he never tested the theory himself to see if it had any truth to it.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Psikelly

OH not awesome about the crash. Awesome that theres no negative effect wrapping your antenna lol
Old 07-21-2006, 09:00 PM
wafreelance

I am really enjoying this helicopter, It seems to be just challenging enough to get the basics down, and still do some pretty cool stuff!
Old 07-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Psikelly

Loved mine as well But after some time i decided I wanted more of a challenge so I sold my CX and just picked up a CP today at lunch. Its out of the box and on my bench but Im nervous about trying it out still lol I havent even connected the battery yet . Maybe tomorrow if the wind is calm Ill test it out
Old 07-21-2006, 09:21 PM
choppersrule

Psikelly,

The CP is a much more difficult heli to fly, put on the training gears before you attempt to fly.

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 07-22-2006, 07:02 AM
Psikelly

Yah I still have the training gear from my CX so Im definitely gonna use it. The owner of my LHS only started flying a CP 3 weeks ago after flying the CX for a while and he says hes JUST starting to hover nicely now. That could also be lack of time to practice also but he stressed the difficulty of this heli as well.. But then again thats why I bought the CP. I love a challenge and soemthing thats way too easy to fly right out of the box gets boring for me fast. I mostly fly planes and I love them but theres just something about the heli that the planes dont have.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:05 PM
fossoman

Just got my celectra charger was a bit disappointed it doesn't plug in to a 120 volt outlet. Need a separate DC power supply that supplys 5 amps. Guess I'm Stuck Using a cigarette lighter plug Luckily I had one.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:22 PM
fossoman

Looks good Like the strapping tape Idea. One of the reasons I chose the cx was the realistic fuselage so I guess the tail boom mod isn't for me.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:29 PM
fossoman

The answer to the motor winding question is 38 wraps on each of the three armature sections
Dissected one just now brushes 80% gone. otherwise in excellent shape. Had to mutilate the end casing to open the motor.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:24 PM
blax1

Opjose Hello'
Good to see you on the CX thread, and as usual you have come up with something else that I haven't head of before I'l check out the number system on mine and see what is going on, every know and then she vibrates but it goes away and then fly's normally the way it should, i figured it probably just way it is,lets face these things are built to a price and i don't expect the precision of a T-Rex
Cheers
Ralph
Old 07-23-2006, 10:35 PM
opjose

Thanks...

After finding out about the blade numbers and setting things up properly the aluminum shaft and bearing holder (both seperately purchased) made a huge difference.

I'm getting almost 2 minutes of additional flight out of the heli it seems.

Old 07-24-2006, 05:13 PM
pimpsmurf

The answer to the motor winding question is 38 wraps on each of the three armature sections
Dissected one just now brushes 80% gone. otherwise in excellent shape. Had to mutilate the end casing to open the motor.
FANTASTIC!

That is much fewer windings than I thought! I expect that with a double stack of some better mosfets, we could be able to run a 27 turn balanced arm w/ stronger magnets to really pick up some torque and RPM. These magnets seem to be very weak for 180 sized magnets. Not even ferrites. I fully anticipate the motor swap to be a complete success, and weds my LHS guy is going to help me try to remove the pinions. It appears that they are 64 pitch 8 tooth pinions. If anyone has a line on brass pinions like this, let me know! I'm going forward with the motors. I'm going to balance two 27 turn 180 arms with large comms and put them in an atomic case and hopefully they will bolt right up.

If we can get two pinions off I can go ahead and order the cases and arms. I have plenty of wire, but balanced winding is a pain. I'll probably outsource it to minizworkshop. That guy is fantastic.

-JNY
Old 07-24-2006, 06:35 PM
fossoman

Read the pages that preceed these and you will learn much grasshopper
Old 07-26-2006, 09:00 AM
cgerrells

ORIGINAL: helmutk

ORIGINAL: Get Real

Payload Test http://media.putfile.com/BCX-Payload-Test used my extra 2 cell 7.4 800 mah lipo for this test. unable to find a spec on this batterys weight at this time. it should be listed soon. now to find a micro video camera of similar or less weight thats affordable(under $100.00).
Nice test. Was that the max height and flight time for the test with that weight?

You should be able to find a wireless color camera for around $50.
Here's a link to one... http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/store/...php?cat=6&pg=6.
You can also find them on ebay.
I have this camera. Works nice. The case it comes in fits perfect in the nose of the CX. Just had to cut a little hole for the "lens" to see though. The Antenna will then travel up the inside of the canopy. Almost like it was made for this chopper. It's powerd by a 9 volt battery, witch normally weighs more that the actual camera, but look into getting a lithium 9v for it. search goolge, you can find them as cheap as 4 bucks each. They are not only super light, but give you 4x the battery life. I have not used mine in the chopper as I hurt the camera before getting the CX and for some reason I'm not broadcasting now. I'll have it fixed soon or just order the one you posted about and make it a perm mod in my cx.

I had an odd crash... one I wish I would have had the camera install for... I hit a BIRD! or rather he hit me. I was climbing at full speed, and about 50 feet of the ground with all my neibors watching all of a sudden FAWAP! The chopper fell to the ground along with a broken peices, broke all 4 blades, taking the bottom 2 right off. the landing gear, the stablelizer bar was bent 90 I have tested everything and the moter etc seem fine, I'm waiting on new parts as my local is out of bottoms right now. BTW the bird flew off. I'm not sure how, but I guess he lived.

So far I have broke 4 uppers, and 6 bottom blades. I wish they came out with a little stronger blade, and 2 stablelizer bars, one from the bird which is tost the other I'm going to trim as its just bent a little.

Someone should put together a list of upgrades and MODS availiable or done for the CX. I have been doing a lot of searching but I would like to strengthen this little puppy up to it's max. I'm willing to spend the cost of the chopper again to do it. I love it.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:57 PM
blax1

Opjose,
I checked out the number system on the blades, mine are all three's,
I'm going to fit the aluminium bearing holder this weekend, see how she goes then
I wonder why Horizon dont sell the upgraded shaft and bearing assemble as a kit, this would be very helpfull!
BTW are Horizon upgrading the 4 in 1 unit as they seem to be very unstable!! I do realise there are fix's but you shouldn't have to chop them up just to keep them cool!![]
Cheers
Ralph
Old 07-28-2006, 10:12 PM
fossoman

If you get those Mosfetts to work with the motor modifications. You will either have a high performance cx or an uncontrollable crashing heli a little of both I expect. More power to ya. Keep us posted.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:44 AM
opjose

ORIGINAL: blax1

Opjose,
I checked out the number system on the blades, mine are all three's,
I'm going to fit the aluminium bearing holder this weekend, see how she goes then
I wonder why Horizon dont sell the upgraded shaft and bearing assemble as a kit, this would be very helpfull!
I think that you'll find the upper shaft will turn with a "buttery goodness" after the modification.

A similiar aluminum upgrade for the bottom blades would also be welcome.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:17 AM
CXela22

I have a blade cx. I wish i got the hirobo one.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:33 PM
opjose

Blade CX parts are easy to get (at least for me since most LHS seem to carry them...).

The Hirobo parts can be hard to get locally.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:57 PM
fossoman

The lower rotorhead upgrade is available from helidirect.com $24.99
Old 07-30-2006, 11:13 AM
cgerrells

ORIGINAL: fossoman

The lower rotorhead upgrade is available from helidirect.com $24.99
Buckaroo Bonzi! I love that movie....
Old 07-30-2006, 06:59 PM
bladeCX1464

ive got major problems with my cx, there is a major vibration as well as it spins to the right and ive got trim all the way to left any subjestions or tips would be highly appreciated
Old 07-30-2006, 07:21 PM
fossoman

You need to read through the pages preceeding this one and you will find the answers to almost every problem
Old 07-31-2006, 12:48 AM
wafreelance

Just recieved my aluminum lower rotor hub from micro heli, on thursday, and installed it on friday, and man what a difference, seems so much more durable with the lower aluminum hub and strapping taped blades, I smack stuff and no more broken stuff its remarkable, still break blades but they dont disinagrate they just crack or chip, I am so stoked, I now can fly threw the doorways and stuff without half the worry of taking out the rotorhub and two or three blades in one wack! Im still amazed Im still on my original 4 in 1 I think its the only orginal part on my heli...LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.