Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Setup for Spectrum DX6 and Blade CP Pro

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Setup for Spectrum DX6 and Blade CP Pro

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Heli_Harry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Setup for Spectrum DX6 and Blade CP Pro

Plus Your Travel Adjustment

THR -110%
THR +70%
Old 10-30-2006, 08:52 PM
cjohle

Throttle trim is at zero and travel adjustments are as above and I used Heli Harry's hookups. I kinda rigged the connections from the receiver to the 4in1 using pins from an old motherboard to connect female to female. I will just wait on the extensions to come in and give it another shot!
Old 10-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Heli_Harry

Are your pins making good contact?

Old 10-31-2006, 09:33 PM
cjohle

That very well could be the problem. I've started messing with another heli that I bought used while I await my extensions. More to come!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Jellyson

Here is my two cents worth: First, THANKS Heli Harry for the SpeKtrum initial settings. You made it possible for me to get my BCP off the ground. And THANKS to cpproman for the detailed instructions. The differences (which mostly concern the ccpm mix settings ) I believe have to do with the fact that cpproman made no mechanical setup adjustments initially while Heli Harry (and I) did.
I believe that the Dual Rate Switch should be not the FLight Mode Switch but rather the front left switch (put both elevator and aileron dual rates here) so that you can have either rate available in throttle-up mode. My heli seems to be pretty well balanced in elevator-aileron control feel so I didn't see the need to separate the dual rates for the two controls.
I got rid of the expo completely after the first day of hovering in my little room, and I almost exclusively use the 100% rate rather than the 90%.
I also thought the damping was quite loose so I put in one extra shim on each side and that helped a lot in making the feel more positive. It might be a bit shaky outside, though so I might have to remove the shims.
If the DX6 battery warning goes off, you had better land. I kept on flying in my room, and noticed that I sure was hovering smoothly, just before the thing went sliding off into the wall, and I couldn't even shut off the throttle from the radio (apparently the default throttle-off in the rx is problematic).
So I changed the namby little 600 mAH nicad pack for a 2100-mAH NiMH one and use my own charger--now I can fly all day.
Plus I put a locking toggle switch in series with the flight-mode switch on all my radios. Guess why.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Jellyson

Oh yeah, gyros. I tried to buy an Align gyro but the LHS couldn't find the one their computer said they had, so I bought an eflite G90 instead. I love the blue LED! Oh, yeah, it works great too. Worth the money for sure. Just follow the directions.
But there seems to be some interaction between gyro mode, rudder trim, and the binding of the DX6 rx. I'd like to get the rudder trime to be the same in either gyro mode but no luck so far. Any advice?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Heli_Harry

Actually I think the e-flite is pretty much the same as the Align one I have (with an extra switch on it).

I wanted the G90 but my LHS did not have one in stock so I got the Align.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:47 PM
gsk11740

I just finished "Spektrumizing" my CP Pro. Man, what a difference! I still have a few things to tweak but it's so much more stable now. I basically used a combination of settings from Heli_Harry, CPPROMAN and added a little of my own after reading the DX6 and CP Pro manuals plus I have about 10% expo dialed in.

After spending a lot of time doing all the "tame your CP mods" like extra flybar weights, flat blades, non Bell-Hiller head, etc, and still having problems... Well, I just wish I'd just done the computer radio in the first place. I have all the Pro parts back on including BH head and symetrical blades and the thing flies like my CX! Amazing!

Thanks Guys!
Old 11-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Jellyson

Like your CX! Bummer! (just kidding--I love my CXs, especially my souped-up one with the stronger motors and extended shafts and shorter flybar and 900 mAH LiPo)
The nice thing about the programmable radio is that you can change the flight characteristics, well, on the fly. Sorry.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 PM
gsk11740

Yeah, the programmable modes are great. I put all the "Pro" parts back on and have it set for very gentle control movement in normal mode and with the flip of the flight mode switch I can have it fly like the original super twitchy CP Pro that it is without having to physically swap parts. I wish I had discovered computer radios a long time ago!
Old 11-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Heli_Harry

Makes it a Whole new Heli
Old 11-11-2006, 08:28 AM
gsk11740

ORIGINAL: Heli_Harry

Makes it a Whole new Heli
I just have to get the feel for all the different settings now. I put a AR6000 Rx in my Walkera DF36, along with a bunch of other stuff (Align 430L motor, 35A ESC, Align 315 blades). I originally had the pitch and throttle curves set very mild and the heli would barely lift off at full stick. I increased the throttle and pitch maybe 10-15% and at 3/4 stick it was over the roof of my house! Good thing I wasn't test flying it in the garage. Amazing what a big difference small changes can make! I also noted that while 10% expo on the CP makes it much easier to handle, the same 10% on the DF36 makes the controls so mushy I almost can't control it. Almost got hit when it came back at me!
Old 11-11-2006, 08:31 AM
gsk11740

Oh, by the way, Heli_Harry, are you the one that's using an Align gyro on your CP Pro? Someone was asking me about it since they are about $20 cheaper than the E-Flite G90.

Thanks!
Gary.

Edit: Never mind, just found your post about it. I need new glasses!
Old 11-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Heli_Harry

I believe the E-Flite G90 and the Align RCE-500X are pretty much the same, but....

The G90 supports digital servos, and the RCE-500X does not (as far as I know).

Have Fun
Old 11-12-2006, 02:20 AM
gwong
My Feedback: (1)

Ooch,

looked at your pic, just curious to how back of a pack are you using.

Heli Harry,

Thx for your post, just converted my cp pro to DX6, also went with the Park 370 4100kv, 401 gyro and CC10 / Feiago 1208436 on the tail.

Haven't tested it since it's pouring here on the wet coast.

Cheers,

Gord.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:42 AM
gsk11740

ORIGINAL: Heli_Harry

I believe the E-Flite G90 and the Align RCE-500X are pretty much the same, but....

The G90 supports digital servos, and the RCE-500X does not (as far as I know).

Have Fun
What I find really funny about the G90 supporting digital servos is the Blade CP /CP Pro doesn't use a tail servo!
Old 11-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Heli_Harry

ORIGINAL: gsk11740

What I find really funny about the G90 supporting digital servos is the Blade CP /CP Pro doesn't use a tail servo!
The E-Flite will work on other Helis T-Rex etc that do use a servo so it opens up more markets for them.

But..... For the Price difference I would put a Futaba 401 or a JR equivalent on my T-Rex and not a G90

Have Fun
Old 11-12-2006, 12:14 PM
gwong
My Feedback: (1)

Had a very short flight with the dx6 and feiago on the tail, the radio settings need a bit of a tweak but the difference is night and day...I hovered her on a small patio since it's still raining...the tail holds very well...can't wait until my microheli head shows up.

Cheers,

Gord.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Brutal E

I seem to have forward and back cyclic switched. Pull back on stick the swash will lean down on the front edge of swash. Push forward on the stick and the back edge of swash leans down opposite of the norm. Left and right is correct. How should I remedy? Which servo options do I reverse.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the AIL and ELE reversed on my DX-6, PIT normal.
And I had to swap channel 1 and 6 at the receiver
Old 11-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Brutal E

Thanks the cyclic is moving correctly now.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:19 PM
cjohle

Just an update to my 4in1 problems. It was the connections. i got the servo extensions in and everything worked fine.

But, got a good deal on a T-Rex 450 SA and took it. So my HB CP2 is again stock. Saving for a Futaba 401 to put on the T-Rex and I'll move the Align RCE to the HB CP2.

Again - thanks to Heli Harry and CPPro man for being patient with my stupidity!!!!!!

(Oh by the way - what a difference the bigger heli makes. I flew it after putting it together and its like a caddy. I went back to my CP2 and could fly it better as well. Things are clicking!)
Old 11-15-2006, 12:55 AM
Heli_Harry

I still have to do the electronics in my T-Rex

I'm still making my final selection and collecting the pieces.

I just need to get the Servos, Gyro, and Batteries.

I'm just taking my time and enjoying the Hobby.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:28 PM
cjohle

OK, got my new receiver and hooked my HB CP2 up with an align RCE 500x gyro. Everything is very smooth at a low hover (2-4"). When I increase throttle to get out of ground effect, my nose starts left and no amount of rudder input will correct it. GER is set at about 80%.

I have no idea where to start, so I figured you guys might have some input here.

Any suggestions?
thanks a bunch,
Old 11-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Heli_Harry

Look Here:

http://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=19070

I explain in my post how to set your radio up for Dual HH mode

In the section - Spektrum DX6 & Gyro Setup for Dual HH Selection.

I have the same Gyro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.