Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blame Soloboss

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Nightshifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blame Soloboss

Hi everyone...

My name is Jonathon, and I'm new to the forums and to RC Heli's... I've always had an interest in RC, I've done some tinkering with cars, but nothing serious.

Every since I was a kid I've wanted to do RC Heli's, and now Soloboss exposed me to the his rc sim and I've really wanted to start practicing for getting my own heli...

I know I'll bug you guys with questions, to which he says you won't mind... but for now, I'm probably going to look at a small trainer to get me started.

Thank you in advance for helping me with my 1002 questions I'm sure to ask... like I said, blame Soloboss...
Old 03-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Wolfpackin

Default RE: Blame Soloboss

Welcome to the forum.

I guess when you said you'll start with a trainer you mean the CX2.
I think that's a great idea and you couldn't ask for a better start having Mark as a source for info.
We'll all be here for you as well.

Good luck and have fun.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:19 AM
ThinAir

Hi Nightshifter,

Welcome to the forum Jonathan. I'm in the same boat (heli) as you, being new to all this stuff. I lay some of my blame on "Wolfpakin" who took me under his wing (blades) and guided me along in the beginning, and still does.

You'll get a lot of opinions, all valid, but I chose the Blade CX2 to cut my teeth on. Still not weaned yet. Only had my 50th flight tonight, and the earlier ones certainly wouldn't be considered "flights." This little heli, being co-axial, is great to learn flight skills on and, of course, repair skills--at least in my case. The other night I felt like an NTSB investigator while crawling around the living room looking for shattered/scattered heli pieces in the crash zone. Didn't find the last one till the next day. The ruling was pilot error--conflict with a hanging lamp chain.

Some things to consider getting into all this: This forum will cause you to get less sleep; your wallet will become lighter; putting off other things becomes much easier. Someone's always there to help, though, with your "1002 questions." Heck, I milk these guys for all they're worth. They love sharing their knowledge and exprerience to bring you along faster. But since Soloboss is your copilot you're miles ahead already!

Have fun!!

Nick (ThinAir)

Old 03-24-2008, 05:01 AM
xyster101

Welcome Jonathon, are you prepared to put lots of money into a tiny little toy? What are you going to start on? I think Soloboss is looking at selling his CX. I am going to sell my CX2 soon also. Fund the next helicopter.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:47 AM
gene465
My Feedback: (10)

Jonathon, Welcome to the collective and we all blame Soloboss! LIke most I have started with the CX2 and have since moved up, I dumped all my cars for Helo's and have not looked back. Stick with the Sim for awhile it's cheaper!
Old 03-24-2008, 09:17 AM
stump3r

Jonathon, welcome aboard. Your correct to blame Soloboss! He has caused us all hours of grief, with his "hey guys try this" methodology. Then again, I'm crazy enough to try anything once with a heli so I'm just as much to blame.
The boys have pretty much hit the nail on the head above, take it slow and lots of practice on a sim will save the wallet.

We are here if you need us!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Crusader23
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Jonathon,

Welcome to the forum! Yeah, you can blame the big man for your new addiction If you need help with the CX, I can be of some assistance. Enjoy! Can't wait to get you flying.

Kenn
Old 03-24-2008, 12:02 PM
shufflez

Welcome Jonathan! I know for sure people here dont mind asking loads of questions. We all (well, most of us) started out that way! Having an eager mind here is alway good and you'll see and learn from various experiences of others and sharing yours. Soloboss started refering to this part of RCU as 'the Collective'. The Collective is almost a living person, with loads and loads of information to share.

Cheers,

Ruben
Old 03-24-2008, 12:08 PM
flyblades

Same here. Blame everyone of you. I am looking for my second heli now.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:44 PM
soloboss

Hey Shufflez,
It's been a long time, buddy! Are you still flying or did the weather get the best of you? I've finally decided to go for an Esky Belt CP but I waited so long that they are now out of stock. My error. But I trust Michael will take care of me.

I'm still working the Falcon 4o and I'm still improving. I have actually made a pass around the back yard without disaster and that was pretty much the highlight of the week for me. Then the wind came up and the snow came down and everyone went back into the house again. So I'm hovering in the living room and spending too much time on the forum as always.

I don't know if you caught the activity generated by my thought that The Collective might jump on board supporting our military troop who fly RC in Iraq. Just like The Collective has taken on a life of its own, the collection did the same. This collective is a wonderful group of folks. (ha! see there - so solicitation!)
I better get outa here - I just hijacked my Nightshifer's thread. But he lives here in town so if he gets annoyed he'll let me know.

Say HI to your she-person.
Soloboss