Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:06 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Glad the hose and the heli were OK after the throttle hold incident! I guess autos are easier with idle up because of the higher head speeds to begin with, gives you some more time?

I had a great night of flying, there was like ZERO wind! How cool is that? I took full advantage of it, let me tell you!

First up was the Gaui...I did some tweaking on the throttle and pitch curves, and man, did it pay off! It reduced the headspeed and throttle response just the right amount, I must have guessed pretty close, I put it just about the way I have it on the B400, and it seems to be very close for "taming" the Gaui down a bit...

Now it hovers GREAT, and flies very, very well, and very smooth! It's amazing how well it flies for it's size, you'd think it was a much larger heli by flying it. I only have the two packs, so I didn't get to really fly it very long, because I spent some time getting the settings where I liked them.

It flies great, but alot different, as you would expect, than the B400...it is very sensitive to aileron inputs while in forward flight, I found myself correcting for that alot...and it is very different on banked turns, it turns in much more quickly than the bigger heli does. I had to "catch" it a couple of times in a banked turn. I think it will do banked turns very well at a higher speed, I didn't have that much room where I was flying it.

It is a very impressive little helicopter, no doubt about it! I can see I am going to love it!

I'll finish on the next message...

Glenn
Old 07-15-2008, 09:15 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear you had a great day flying. It was pretty windy all day, but I got five flights in and had a good time as well.

Yeah with the higher headspeed I had a lot more control once I hit the throttle hold. Before I had no cyclic input, but know I can steer where the helicopter goes without power. And it is easier to make a nice landing.

Cool to hear you got the Gaui dialed in and that it is flying good for you.

Nick
Old 07-15-2008, 09:17 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

nick the link for that heli is here [link=http://www.skyartec.com/b2b/products/rc-helicopter/RC_helicopter.html]heli[/link]

it looks pretty decent people have had mixed experiences with them, people said they flew good and others say they had problems
Old 07-15-2008, 09:18 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Anyways, once the real fun was over, I moved on to the B400, at a different flying place, with more room. I had a great few packs with it, just practicing the basics, and trying a few new things as well.

I did a very rough figure 8 or two the opposite of my favorite direction. They were pretty ugly, actually, but I did complete them. I am still a bit uncomfortable making left turns when the heli is to my left, and having the heli coming towards me head-on in the turns...but it's slowly getting easier.

I also did something I haven't been good on...doing fairly large circles, in the direction I don't feel comfortable with, as in left hand circles to my left, and large right hand, banked turns to my right.

Overall, I had a great night! I also flew the Quark around, and was really pushing it to it's limits...and it's pretty darn fast, and does some really cool looking banked turns...

Best thing is, all the helis came back without a scratch!

I did manage to get the Gaui a bit too far out for comfort, but I got it back with no problem, just a little scary...it will fly right on out there if you're not careful!

I should be getting another battery pack tomorrow, from Readyhobby. I hope the wind stays down tomorrow night, but I know it probably won't be as good as tonight was.

No setup/maintenance issues with the Gaui so far at all, no equipment failures yet.

I had a great heli day today! I was in heli heaven!

Hope you have fun flying again tomorrow, sounds like you are getting good at the autos!

I tried some backwards flight on the sim...that is going to take some serious practice!

Glenn
Old 07-15-2008, 09:20 PM
HeliStyle

rotarydoc sounds like you had a good flying session for sure, Im slowly getting better with the cp pro and its actually becoming alot of fun, I have to go get another set of blades, and check tracking and pitch all that and do some tweaks with the boom, and figure out something with the glitch, I can deal with it no problem but at 30 feet in the air in the near future it might cause problems lol
Old 07-15-2008, 09:33 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

That is great to hear, the better you get, the more fun it will become as well...I was worrried there for a while that you might give up on us!

Yeah, take your time, and get the heli straightened out, and go for it again!

As you get better, and crash less, there will be more time for flying, so it's going to get easier as you progress....you'll spend more time flying and less time fixing!

I'm glad for you!

Glenn
Old 07-15-2008, 09:36 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Maybe it's just the pictures, but those SKYARTEC helicopters look very stubby and short to me...LOL

Especially the landing gear, pretty short, eh?

They look pretty cool otherwise...seems like a good company by the pictures of the employees and facility.

Glenn
Old 07-15-2008, 09:46 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I still have trouble doing the turns toward me too. If I fly in a bigger area it probably wouldn't be that bad.

Good to hear you had fun with the helicopters.

Did JPEE get his Quark up and flying?

It is always a good day when the helicopters come back in one piece.

I bet if the Gaui got too far it would be hard to tell the orientation of it.

I have my good and bad days with the autos. I haven't really practiced them in a while. There are other things that are more fun to practice with.

When you are ready for backwards flight in real life you are going to have fun. It is scary at first, but once you do it for awhile then it is just pure fun.

Nick
Old 07-15-2008, 10:05 PM
HeliStyle

rotary those helis deff look short, I think it said they were 17 inches long which is smaller then the cx2, I just kinda want something small to fly in my backyard, I cant even fly my cp pro in my backyard lol
Old 07-15-2008, 10:14 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Good to know you are having trouble with something too...LOL !! You are way ahead of me, I can't imagine doing backwards figure 8's...

Poor JPEE, he's having a really hard time with the eBay seller that he bought it from. Still not sure of the exact situation, but apparently the guy is in Japan or some other country, (even though his auction says he's in Kansas)so he doesn't have any idea how long it might be....the seller said something about 2-7 weeks...that is terrrible.

Yeah, it's a good day when the main blades only touch the air....LOL

Yep, the Gaui would be easy to lose orientation on, should it get too far away, no doubt about it...

Looks like between the lower head speed, and no training gear, I should be able to get 8 minute run times....the 800mAh Gaui pack just came off the charger at 540ma, and that was a 7 1/2 minute flight.

Hope you have a great day flying tomorrow...

How's college going so far?

Glenn
Old 07-15-2008, 10:17 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

Wow, that must be a small back yard! You can fly the CX2 in the back yard, right?

You need a Quark. Maybe you can find a used one someday....I know they are too expensive new...it would be ideal for your backyard. It's not a collective pitch heli, but it's still alot of fun!

Hope you get some more flying time in with the CPP soon!

Glenn
Old 07-15-2008, 10:22 PM
HeliStyle

yeah the cx2 is perfect for the backyard and thats why im thinking smaller might be better for me since, I hate traveling to the field to fly sometimes lol, Ill be buying some new blades and tweaking the cp pro tommorrw, but I was talking to a guy over at the cp pro thread and he was having the same problems I descibed to him with the glitching, it only happens for the first like 2-3 mins of a fresh battery pack then disappears, he said he think it has something to do with the 4 in 1, and to tell you the truth I dont feel like replacing the electronics in it lol I would rather use it as is at low flight and then get a new heli
Old 07-15-2008, 10:31 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is too bad JPEE couldn't have the Quark by now.

That is cool you can fly a little longer. I am back down to 6.5 minute flights. I think I can go a little longer with my new battery, but my FlightPower's are right on the edge of going over 80% discharge. Then I would have to have a shorter flight with my Align battery since it has the lowest capacity of my batteries. But the leads are really long, so I don't know what to do with the wires since the ESC is closer.

Hope you get good weather tomorrow. It is storming right now here.

I used to take it easy in High School, but I have to study a lot more in college now. And that means less time to fly. I am only taking two classes right now to have an easy transition, so it isn't too bad so far.

Nick
Old 07-15-2008, 10:31 PM
rotarydoc

Heli,

I could not agree more with you...I wouldn't put any more into the CPP than you have to, to keep it flying. Save your $$ for a better, belt tail heli. But, in the meantime, get as much stick time as you can on the CPP! It will pay off when you get a nicer heli...

Glenn
Old 07-16-2008, 01:17 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I really feel bad for JPEE, I hope he gets the Quark soon, he's really looking forward to having an easy to fly heli for between packs on his B400's.

Probably best to err on the side of caution on the batteries, it's not worth the potential damage to the packs for a minute or two of flight time.

So far, today is HOT and windy. I hope the wind will die down later on. I am anxious to see the new Micro Heli tailbox for the Gaui, even though I probably won't put it on right away.

Yeah, I'll bet college is going to be a bit tougher! It's good that you are starting off with only 2 classes, to ease yourself into it...and not try to do too much at once, and risk burnout.

Hope you have some nice flying weather there today!

Glenn
Old 07-16-2008, 01:19 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I went inverted twice!! And both of them felt like a minute a piece. The weather wasn't too bad, so I went to a baseball field and I was determined to do an inverted hover. I did a quick practice on the sim before. The T-Rex was just as stable inverted as it is upright. I even got confident enough to get down to around 10 feet. Then the battery before that I did all I could and did a stall turn going up backwards and coming down backwards. The ironic thing is I crashed doing an auto instead of the inverted hover. I just got a small dent in the boom and the tail pushrod support came loose. I did a quick spin up after that and nothing else was broken or bent.

Hope you can get some flying in.

Nick
Old 07-16-2008, 04:40 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Man, that has to be a cool feeling to go inverted for the first time! I am really glad for you and that you didn't crash trying it!

How high up were you? I know you weren't sure about it before, how high you should be before you tried it.

Did you invert from a roll, or from a loop? Or inbetween? I've tried both on the sim, and I think I'm more comfortable with going into a loop, and stopping halfway, and be inverted from that point.

That's got to be a major confidence booster!

Sorry to hear about the minor crash, but at least it was just a little one doing an auto, and not a major setback on the inverted stuff...

Hope you can get it fixed and go for some more inverted hovering!

Glenn
Old 07-16-2008, 04:55 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

It was just like the simulator. I tried to visualize before I flew what each stick movement would do. I lost control a couple of times, but I was up high enough to recover. It was a little windy out, but I didn't think it would ever calm down, so I just went for it.

I don't know if your baseball field you fly at has lights, but I was as high as the lights at mine. Maybe the height of a 2-3 story building. I am glad I was higher because I was used to the sim helicopters flipping faster and with my servos it is slower. I just found out that my BEC output is 6V, so the servos are a little faster at .14 sec/ 60 degrees and 19 oz/in of torque. I was looking at the Hitec HS65 or some Futaba 3156 servos that are faster and have more torque to flip faster.

I did a roll to the right. Finless said the helicopter will always flip faster to the right, so he recommended doing that when learning. So the tail was pointing me. That is the type of inverted hover I practiced the most on the sim, so I felt more comfortable with it.

The auto might have been better if I was running a higher head speed, but I went to a slower one for the inverted hover. And I didn't want a repeat of the Belt CP when I was running a high head speed.

If the weather is good tomorrow I might go out to the baseball field again to practice more inverted hovers. I wanted to try one in my backyard, but after doing one I need the space of a baseball field for a long time.

Hope you get to fly some today.

Nick
Old 07-16-2008, 05:16 PM
HeliStyle

hows everyone doing? Went for a flight with the cp pro tonight, went through half a battery pack and then it started spinning in 360's looked at the tail motor and one of the wires came unsoldered, so I had to end the flight early, but let me tell you before hand the helicopter was flying like a gem I was doing some forward flight with no problem, Im really enjoying it alot now, also I think I figured out why my helicopter was glitching I looked through the 3 in 1 antenna and i noticed there was a cut in it, I think one of my 2 cats chewed through it lol so im going to have solder it or something.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:27 PM
evdreamer

Cool to hear you got to do some forward flight and might have figured what was causing the glitching. I have had wire come unsoldered on my CX before and it was a pain to figure out what was wrong.

Nick
Old 07-16-2008, 05:31 PM
HeliStyle

yeah I thought maybe I would have noticed it but it was wrapped around my skids so I never thought it look lol but I must say the cp pro is becoming easier to fly everyday
Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Heli,

Sounds awesome! Not only are you flying better, but maybe found your glitch too!

Darn cats...LOL! My cat likes the styrofoam main blades on the Hirobos, both the XRB and the Quark. I might have to put them out of her reach if she keeps it up...there are little teeth marks on the blades...LOL It's a good thing she's as darn cute as she is...LOL!

That is great to hear that you got some forward flights in as well before the tail motor issue. I'll bet that was fun when the tail stopped working, eh? LOL

Good for you! Keep up the good work, and before you know it, you'll be flying all around, doing figure 8's and nose in hovering!

Glenn
Old 07-16-2008, 09:12 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, that seems like the best idea, starting up high is a good idea. They call it something like "3 crashes high" ....so you have time to recover. I don't know if I've even had my B400 as high as the lights at the baseball field. Maybe like once, by accident!

That is probably the safest way to go inverted, I would think...from a roll...doing it from a loop could take alot more room. Speaking of room, I found a video the other day of a guy doing some radical 3D with a Gaui 200 in his garage! It was crazy. He even got it inverted....and then slowly hovered it close to the ceiling, and then "stuck" it to the ceiling upside down using negative pitch! Pretty wild stuff!

Again, congratulations! That's gotta be a great feeling of accomplishment, for sure!

Well, I went flying today, but didn't break any new ground, really. Just some more practice with the B400, doing things that make me nervous, like doing wide circles, practicing for figure 8's going the other way, where the heli comes nose in towards me...and I did some nose in, with forward flight, bringing the heli towards me nose in...kinda scary at first. I think both of these will help with the figure 8's in the "uncomfortable" direction. You know, this may be a big DUH, but I realized today that the reason that it's harder the other way from my normal way is that the heli is coming directly at me for a longer time, than the other way, where the heli is mostly going away from me during the figure 8's. I have to admit, being hit by the B400 early on has made me a bit gun shy of having it come right at me.

I also flew the Gaui, more on that next message.

Glenn
Old 07-16-2008, 09:25 PM
rotarydoc

Nick, Heli,

I also flew the Gaui for a couple of packs. It was kinda windy for the first one, and like any tiny heli, it gets blown around a bit in the wind. It's not as bad as the Quark, but I could feel it. There was enough wind to affect the B400 as well, so it was a fair amount of wind.

When I flew the second pack, it was alot more calm. I was able to do some figure 8's, a little nose in hovering, and some little circles and stuff. It's a bit tricky, to be sure. But I am getting more and more comfortable with it. It's very sensitive to aileron input particularly. But I was able to fly it pretty well right after the B400, which I was worried about. It's not too bad the other way around, flying the Gaui first, but flying it second, after the much more stable and less responsive B400 might be a bit more scary. But it wasn't too bad at all, I adjusted pretty quickly to the super fast response of the Gaui.

I got a bunch of cool stuff today in the mail! Everything came in at once. Even though the Helihobby order was placed at lunchtime on Monday, and it's from California, it arrived at the same time as Ready heli and Heli direct. Very good service, but I still didn't get any confirmation emails from Heilhobby.

I got 3 Gaui 2 cell battery packs, the micro heli tailbox, an extra set of main blades, an extra belt (man that thing is TINY!), a brass spacer set, and a tailshaft set for the MH tailbox.

Now I will have 5 batteries for the Gaui, so I can get alot more practice with it. I need them, I was really just starting to enjoy it, and then I was almost done with the second battery.

Both helis came home without a scratch....always a good thing!

Hope you guys have a great flying day tomorrow too!

Glenn
Old 07-16-2008, 09:37 PM
xxxntwv

To anyone that has a cppro with a glitching problem.I think its in the main motor.Clean the motor with motor spray and see if it gets better.I have to clean mine every 4th flight and it flies smooth again.Just a thought,it took me 3 weeks to figure it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.