Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE ~

Congrats on the maiden today ! Finally.... Now go do some night flights.... Just strap a few flashlights to her and let er' rip.... LMAO... I can't wait for a video soon. You'll soon trust it after a few hovers to take it in flight. I just ran my 8th battery pack through mine today, and I also flew a pack in the 450. Just some casual flying, as that's what I've been practicing on G4, and also practicing on nose-ins...

After looking at my loop attempt again on the video, I forgot I was in idle 1 which is my lazy idle up, but I also think I didn't have enough speed if really any to push through the loop. I'll have to experiment a bit more... I need a bigger area, as I feel cramped compared to what I'am used to.

Glenn ~

Yeah just flying the 500 around all casual and relaxed is so fun... That thing just tracks very well, and just so much more stable than the 450... I boosted my swash settings from 60% to 80% and yeah I could tell the diff for sure... But I think I'am going to go more, and drop my pinion 1 size as that seems to be the popular tooth is the 15t, and I'am running the 16t.. I'll download the video later, but its nothing to much than just casual buzzing around with that loop attempt... Maybe you guys can see the loop attempt and tell me what ya think. I'am thinking maybe I didn't have enough speed, but it could be many other factors. The 500 should be able to flip with out a prob. But its probably pilot error, and I'll have to try it again and change a few things including my speed buildup.

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 01-14-2009, 09:25 PM

Jay ~

I see ya snoopin'.........
Old 01-14-2009, 09:47 PM

Jeff,

Cool pics,

How did you do still ones, did you take them out of the video of the helmet cam?

I'm not sure if I can do one frame at at time with the flip cam...

Glenn
Old 01-14-2009, 09:52 PM

Now I can't fly for a week and a half because a screw snapped in half when was trying to install the aluminum flybar cage on the b400 because eflite uses wayyyyyy to much loctite on everything and over tightens it and then they use really soft screws and I am saying I can't fly for a week and a half because I bet none of the hobby shops have what I need and they don't order till next tuesday and then recieve until the Saturday after that
Old 01-14-2009, 09:55 PM

Glenn ~

I use Nero UltraVision 8.3 HD... I download the video to the program and it has a feature that will take a snapshot as fast as ya can click the mouse... I also have Windows Movie Maker which you should have and I think it lets ya take the snapshot photo's also... I just like Nero as it has many features for Audio or HD/Blueray, all that jazz that usually just confuses me, but that's how I whip up a quick video for my video's...

I can't wait to see a video of your 500... But boy, you sure have been getting hit with the weather... YIKES... The "Arctic Express"....

~ Jeff
Old 01-14-2009, 09:57 PM

Evan ~

I HATE that when they ove-loctite stuff ! Most stuff seems to come like that when you get it new... My Vapors are like that, and it drives me nuts ! I remember my CPP had a few things over-done also... (Like the boom for one...LOL..)
Old 01-14-2009, 10:19 PM

Evan,

I know EXACTLY what scews you are talking about...on my first rebuild, I thought I had to take them out to replace the flybar...man, were those things in there!!

I basically gave up, and then later realized that I didn't have to take them out to replace the flybar....and have NEVER touched them again..lol!!

You are right, they do put them in there tight, and lots of loctite...I guess they don't want to risk having them come apart on anyone in flight...

The tail grip screws on mine were that way too...but I did manage to get them out without them breaking, but it felt like they were going to snap off for sure.

Sorry to hear about that...that sucks.[]

If I had any, I'd ship ya one...but I never bought any of those with my crash parts, they actually usually never break in a "normal" crash....

Bummer.

Glenn
Old 01-14-2009, 10:27 PM

Jeff,

Thanks for the tips on the pics...neat stuff...I should investigate that kinda stuff more, but I never seem to have the time...I'm over my voice recognition stage now...it was neat to try...but I can type about 5 times as fast as I can dictate to the computer, and correct the mistakes...LOL

I had the 500 with Flip cam in hand last Saturday, walked out of the house, and here came the sleet... I thought I could beat it...but didn't make it in time...

But, I will post some vids soon, as soon as weather permits...and time permits..I have such a narrow window of opportunity to fly between work and the weather...

Yeah, this weather is going to be brutal...freakin' SEVEN DEGREES on Saturday morning...[sm=omg_smile.gif]

LOL, that will make my 30 degree days seem like spring time....

Glenn
Old 01-14-2009, 10:48 PM

Hey Guys,

Well I guess the cat is out of the bag. I finished the 500 this morning and spooled her up three times in the garage (high winds outside) to no avail as the Gyro was not working. The short story is; as Glenn put it so well already. We talked live on our web cams and he took me through each step where he had solved these same issues on his 500. It was not 15 minutes when he got my Gyro locked in. I had two other questons and we match helis to helis and found those not be problems after all. With that said, I felt Glenn should see the maiden flight. I took my laptop/webcam out to the garage and put it on the hood of my truck parked in the back of the garage. That left me 20'x20' to lift off and hover. YES JEFF I stood in the house and looked out from the kitchen door. Once that puppy wound up I was glad to be inside the house! And off I went with Glenn ah watchin and ah rooten and I godder done! We made some small adjustments after each of the three hovers.

What a day, I am still a bit giddy to tell you the the truth. I am so glad I did the build after all. In the begining I was going to have the LHS do it but then at the last moment decide to do it myself as I had just then completed a total and complete fram R&R on my 400 so that had given my the confidence

I want to thank all of you guys for your support and well wishes. I know why we are here, and that is to support eachother, but none the less THANKS Glenn, Nick, Jeff, Carl.....the 500 guys for all of those helpfull hints. I am flying because of you all.

Glenn,
I used rubber grommets to carry my wires through the frame. I hope they show up in the picks.

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur51998.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1111120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48746.jpg
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1111121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77528.jpg
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1111122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69250.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1111123   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81948.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1111124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60833.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1111125  
Old 01-14-2009, 10:58 PM

JPEE,

Hope I didn't spoil it for ya, by tellin' the guys before you had a chance! But I was so glad for ya, and felt I just had to let everyone know!

I am glad that I could be of assistance, and that it was just some minor tweaking that we needed to do, and nothing major at all.

I am also glad that you did reconsider, and built the 500 yourself...it's fun, and a huge sense of accomplishment to see what you built flying in the air!

If it wasn't for all the help I have gotten from the forums, I don't know where I'd be either!

That is why I try to help out people whenever I can...I can remember saying to myself in my noob days, "I sure can't wait until I am the one answering the questions, instead of asking them all the time"..LOL...

Glad to be the first one to see the maiden!

Glenn
Old 01-14-2009, 11:01 PM

JPEE,

Almost forgot, your wiring looks great, very nice job there!!

Now ya just need those winds to die down for ya, so you can really enjoy the 500, and how sweet it is when you fly it...you will see...

Glenn
Old 01-14-2009, 11:06 PM

Glenn,

Thanks, I worked hard on concealing the wires. And YES!...... to the point of saying "I built it". We are so proud of building a kit heli and Nick is out there winding his own motors... lol. Do we have a ways to go or WHAT?

YOU EARNED the right to get the word buddy...........no worries.

JPEE
Old 01-14-2009, 11:10 PM

COOL JPEE.....................!!! Your gonna so love it. Can't wait until you can give us some comparison's on the 500 and 600 later on in time also... Great looking pictures also. Does it fly ?!....LMAO... Kidding... We know it does now. Your gonna have lots of fun with it, but I bet you'll still like your B-400's also...

~ Jeff

Old 01-14-2009, 11:13 PM

Nick is out there winding his own motors... lol

LMAO...... I know.... I'd be so lost in what to even do... Way over my head... LOL... My finger would be so far up my nose........... [8D]
Old 01-14-2009, 11:27 PM

Jeff,

Your right! Somewhere down the line I'll be reporting back the on the 600. Thank goodness it is supposed to fly already RTF. Now I can give Nick a rest on that hopefully.

Yes, my 400's are keepers. I love them and to me they are my little Gaui's lol. Sitting here looking at them on the bench they look like toys.

JPEE
Old 01-14-2009, 11:34 PM

Glenn,

Man you guys covered a lot when I was gone. I am going to have to make multiple posts just to catch up. Anyways on the AR6200 question you had. It was more of the receiver thinking it had a brownout when I used the BEC from the ESC. But once I used the regulator on the 600 that uses a switch it doesn't get confused anymore and the lights stays solid.

Nick
Old 01-14-2009, 11:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

Now I can't fly for a week and a half because a screw snapped in half when was trying to install the aluminum flybar cage on the b400 because eflite uses wayyyyyy to much loctite on everything and over tightens it and then they use really soft screws and I am saying I can't fly for a week and a half because I bet none of the hobby shops have what I need and they don't order till next tuesday and then recieve until the Saturday after that
Evan,

I have run into the same thing on my 450 and the V2 Gaui frame. I stripped the head on one of my 450 screws and my dad showed me how to drill the head off. Then I took some vise grips and turned the screw out.

Can anyone confirm that heating the loctite up might help back the screws out that have lots of loctite. I remember Finless saying the only way to take a screw out that had red loctite was to heat it up. And I noticed bearings would go in pretty easily in my bearing blocks when they didn't have green loctite on them. But impossible with it on the bearing. I don't know when I heated mine up that it was only from the metal bearing block expanding or/and the loctite loosening up that made it easier to take the bearing out.

Nick
Old 01-14-2009, 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Yeah, this weather is going to be brutal...freakin' SEVEN DEGREES on Saturday morning...[sm=omg_smile.gif]
Glenn,

Welcome to my world. LOL

Nick
Old 01-14-2009, 11:50 PM

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Glenn,

Thanks, I worked hard on concealing the wires. And YES!...... to the point of saying "I built it". We are so proud of building a kit heli and Nick is out there winding his own motors... lol. Do we have a ways to go or WHAT?

YOU EARNED the right to get the word buddy...........no worries.

JPEE
JPEE,

Congrats on the maiden and that you enjoyed the whole process of building it and getting to maiden it.

I am done winding my motors for now. I need some more stuff to test the specs on them. I was reading up some more on Brushless motor controllers. I am slowly understanding what people are talking about after starting my AC classes. I came across a cool schematic of a simple BEC that could easily be built to handle a lot of Amps. But it isn't as efficient as Jeff's CC BEC. Maybe some day I can build/design all of the electronics for my helis.

Nick
Old 01-14-2009, 11:50 PM

Yeah Glenn I got two of them out on the same side like I got one of the plastic pieces off and then I got stuck with the other side because I had nothing to stop the little metal thing from twisting inside of the plastic piece so I got desperate and screwed one of the new Allen head screws that came with the aluminum upgrade and it got hard to twist in because the leftover loctite build up in the threads and just snapped but I guess I can fly it with only one screw in one of the sides oh and it was really hard to do because you have to take the whole assembly off the heli and the use two screwdrivers at a time to unscrew one screw and then your stuck with one still in there just like a feathering shaft
Old 01-14-2009, 11:55 PM

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Nick is out there winding his own motors... lol

LMAO...... I know.... I'd be so lost in what to even do... Way over my head... LOL... My finger would be so far up my nose........... [8D]
Jeff,

Yeah it takes a lot of concentration and time to wind them, but it is a lot of fun. It wasn't too bad with a single strand of wire/phase, but my newest motor uses 2 strands/phase and that was interesting. But it is a lot of fun "firing it up" and watching it run.

Nick
Old 01-14-2009, 11:59 PM

And if you don't get a bruise or internal bleeding in the middle of your hand you will strip out the screws because you didn't use enough pressure and I thought about getting some rubber like an innertube patch or something to put around the metal piece and then sqeeze it with pliers so I could get some grip but I couldn't find anything
Old 01-15-2009, 12:05 AM

Let's talk about funny stuff that pisses you off lol like don't you hate when you are squeezing something really hard with pliers and they slip and you pinch the s##t out of your finger with the wire cutting part lol or when you put something all together and you have extra screws or you forgot something and have to take it all apart lol y'all post some
Old 01-15-2009, 12:11 AM

Evan,

I can picture the situation better now..thanks for the explanation... I have never actually had that apart before, but it seems like you might be able to put a dab of CA or something to hold it temporarily, since it is not really in a super high stress area...just keep an eye on it and be careful...

Nick,

I have heard/read about using heat to soften/release loctite before...usually with a soldering iron...seems like it would work, but I have never personally tried it...

Glenn
Old 01-15-2009, 12:13 AM

Like right after you put in a new spindle and you get everything all put back together but coudn't remember if ya loc-tighted the screw so ya end up going back and doing it all over...Lol... Or for me it was building the 500 and I couldn't remember if I packed some grease in the thrust bearing for the grips, and had to take it all apart just to check.....It had it...LMAO...

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.