Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Yeah I have seen the T-Rex 700. It would be cool to see an electric version. There was a lot of talk before it came out that there might be an electric, Nitro, and gas version. But it looks like Align is only going to make a Nitro version right now.

Guys I did my first pirouetting counter clockwise circle today with the CPP. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be doing it. And I tried some funnels and I am a little rusty on it. I don't know if you guys have heard of crack flying, but my CPP started to do that. It had a real bad case of the shakes. So I had to do an emergency landing in the grass and I found out I didn't program a throttle hold. Luckily nothing was broken. I took it back to the cement and did a quick hover and everything was fine. So I have no idea what caused the shaking. I was pretty tempted to do an inverted hover in my back yard, but I am glad I didn't with out throttle hold. The weather is pretty good here, but there is a slight breeze from time to time.

Hope everyone can get some flying in today.

Nick
Old 09-04-2008, 04:03 PM

Yeah the bummer thing for me, is I can only fly on the weekends....[] By the time I get home from work, the wind is always nasty on the mountain here by the coastline. So the weekends I never sleep in, and am ready to fly right before daybreak Saturday or Sunday. This will change however when I head back to Washington before winter....

Thanks for letting me know about the torque-tube Nick....I'am guessing maybe its similiar to the Gaui's shaft driven version maybe ? One reason I wanted the belt version if I ever get it someday....

The Trex 700 is pure gold.... I was asking Glenn's input on the nitro just because if I ever did go nitro I would do whatever it takes to acquire one. Go big, or go home as they say...... I like the write-up in RC-Heli magazine like you guys have seen also....

Take care guys,

~ Jeff

Oh.....This morning I just saw that I had taken the stock weights off the flybar on the Trex awhile back doing some experimenting, and had there instead just a couple little micro weights on....Crap..! I need to put back on the stockers and get my stability back...! My last 2 flights were with these little trinkits....Nick, do you fly with the weights on at all ? Just curious......
Old 09-04-2008, 04:15 PM

Jeff,

I took the weights off a long time ago on the T-Rex. I didn't notice a difference with them on and off.

Well I finally went inverted in my backyard. I have done it a few times at baseball fields, but never in a confined space. My first attempt I almost wiped out, but the second I pulled it off. Too bad it was at the end of my flight. I wish my CPP would flip faster because it is way to slow especially for a beginner of flipping like me. I am excited now I know I can practice inverted flight in my backyard instead of going to a baseball field every time.

Yeah the torque tube and Gaui's shaft drive or the same thing, but different names.

Yeah I think the 700 would be an amazing helicopter to fly, but I don't think I have the room for one. But Finless sure can fly his.

Nick
Old 09-04-2008, 04:22 PM
My Feedback: (2)

yeah an electric t-rex 700 would be very cool, im not sure if i would like a helicopter that huge though, having an area to fly would be hard to come by and if I crashed it, I would be in debt for awhile
Old 09-04-2008, 04:47 PM

just took the cp pro for some hovering sessions, I really do enjoy flying it, with the gws motor it really keeps that tail locked, I can hover it in a 4 foot by 5 foot area and its nice to fly. I was going to go to the field for a bit but im exhausted from work. Have any of you guys had the back of the gws motor push out of the motor can, mine keeps popping out once a awhile, it doesnt effect the performance but I hope it wont create problems in the future.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:25 PM

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

yeah an electric t-rex 700 would be very cool, im not sure if i would like a helicopter that huge though, having an area to fly would be hard to come by and if I crashed it, I would be in debt for awhile

That is why I practice anything new to me on the CPP then move to my T-Rex. It is pretty cheap to fix a CPP compared to my T-Rex. No the back of the GWS motor hasn't popped out for me.

Nick
Old 09-04-2008, 05:30 PM

Hey Heli,

Glad to hear that you are flying the CPP again...hopefully you can get to the field and give it a good flight session.

My GWS motor has never come apart yet....didn't you have some difficutly getting the tail blade on and the end popped off of the motor? Maybe you need to crimp the end of the motor can to get the end bell to hold on better.

No flying for me tonight, got a triple whammy going on, a very hard day at work (finally!), way hot and windy here, and the Redskins play the first NFL game of the season tonight. I'm not a huge football fan, but I would like to just chill tonight in front of the TV...or PC...LOL

Just heard we have a "tropical storm watch" for the weekend, looks like I might get a pretty good hit from Hanna, they are predicting possibly 60+ MPH winds on Saturday afternoon, depending on the track....I DON'T THINK I'll be too tempted to fly in 60 MPH winds. so it looks like a Sunday flying weekend for me...Heli, it looks like you'll get a bit of it too...

Glenn
Old 09-04-2008, 05:36 PM

Glenn,

Sorry you won't be able to fly Saturday. I am sure the gaui will be able to handle the winds. LOL Thats the good thing about living in Nebraska because I don't have to worry about that, but it is pretty boring here.

Nick
Old 09-04-2008, 05:42 PM

Nick,

Congrats on the inverted flight in the backyard, very cool!

I'm trying to picture a pirouetting counter clockwise circle, I guess it's doing piros while going in a circle at the same time? Sounds neat, bet it looks cool too.

The Gaui is fine, I am thinking I am going to try to slow the head speed down a bit, to try to get it to not be so hyper. I was having a bit of difficulty with it last night, but that might have been a bit of the wind too.

Yeah, heli kits have come a long ways since those olden days. I wonder if that is part of the reason that GMP closed down. That and competition from other companies too.

Glenn
Old 09-04-2008, 05:47 PM

Nick,

I guess you do have to worry about tornados, though? Is Nebraska considered a high risk for tornados, like Oklahoma?

For me, tornadoes are much more scary than hurricanes. At least with hurricanes, you get plenty of warning. We had an F3 tornado come by the shop where I used to work, and it did some major damage, pretty scary stuff.

Hope you have good flying weather for the weekend, I may still be able to sneak in a flight or two tomorrow night...before the storm arrives.

Glenn
Old 09-04-2008, 05:59 PM

Nick ~

Congrats on your inverted flight.....You dogg !! Its funny, but I have a real good memory, and I remember you last year all over this forum, and Esky's along with others and noting your successes and such. I remember your Belt CP, and a few other things....It amazes me of where you are at today...I'am happy for ya...! Your knowledge is tremendously more than what it was from last year, and you constantly strive to learn more....When I came back from my 5 month break a few months ago, your name was one that I recognized as still being around on the forums and noticed how much you've advanced in all departments....Now when I need to seek info, I always pretty much know that you'll probally know the answer.... Someday I hope to be where you are at...I'am thinking I'am about 6-8 months behind possibly. What's hurting me the most is stick time, but it doesn't discourage me as I'am a very patient person and plan on staying with the hobby for the rest of my life.....It's funny also, because I haven't touched my RC-cars since my first hover with my CPP last year...But also will never sell them either, as they are all still a part of the collection and re-sale is to poor to go down that road....

Glenn ~

Yep.......Them storms are a comin'...! Yikes.... However....You may get your first inverted flight accomplished if ya decide to put a heli in the air this weekend...!

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Old 09-04-2008, 06:23 PM

yeah I heard the east coast might get hit this weekend so no flying for me, well with the cp pro that is, thats why I got the walkera for days like this weekend. Yeah I had some trouble getting the prop on the shaft when I first installed it, how do you crimp the motor can? Yeah I bet tornadoes are pretty scary, I remember when I was a kid I used to read/ and watch as much stuff as I could about them, and I wanted to chase them. Nick how long have you been flying helicopters for?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:35 PM

Nick ~

Yeah thinking about it, it kind of bums me out I had a 5 month rest because of work....I would then think I would only be 2 or so months behind....RATS...!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:49 PM

Hey Jeff,

Yeah.... if only I hadn't taken that little 20 year rest....LOL !!!!

Glenn
Old 09-04-2008, 07:39 PM

Glenn ~

Exactly...! Ya know, right after I sent that, I thought of you really quick and imagined the same thing....You could probally hover inverted blind-folded or something...!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:05 PM

Glenn,

Yeah you described the piro circle perfectly. It is kind of cool once I start it the helicopter kind of goes in the circle without input. I just have to use small inputs to keep it going.

Central Nebraska is the place that gets hit the most with tornados and I am on the far east side.

Nick
Old 09-04-2008, 08:09 PM

Jeff,

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah I am also staying in this hobby for life. Without the people on the forums I would never be where I am today, so I try and give back what I can.

Nick
Old 09-04-2008, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

Nick how long have you been flying helicopters for?
I started with a CX last August. And I have logged about 500 flights so far. I am going to try and get one last flight in today because it is getting dark, but I did some more mods to the CPP. If they work out I will talk about it.

Nick
Old 09-04-2008, 08:44 PM

I wanted increased cyclic response and I got it. I added adjustable pushrods on the bottom part of the bell hiller where it used to be non adjustable. So now the mixer arm is parallel with the grips. And I finally can get zero degrees of pitch at half throttle when the swashplate is in the center of its travel. I tried using some spare pushrods that are on top of the bell hiller for adjusting the pitch, but they don't go much longer than the non adjustable ones. So I used some spare pushrods from my T-Rex which are just a little longer. And it worked out perfect. I am thinking about putting T-Rex ball joints on the servo horn and using T-Rex links to go on that then on the other side use CPP links to hook up to the swashplate. Then that can get rid of some slope. I also moved the pushrods to the outside of the servo horn. Then I have 100% on my swashmix for aileron and elevator. My swashplate isn't totally level anymore, but it is close enough for me. I wouldn't recommend a begginner pilot doing this or they are going to crash very quickly. But the CPP just got more fun for me.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63276.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1026320   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv62891.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1026321  
Old 09-04-2008, 08:53 PM

Nick ~

One question............Does your mind ever rest...........?!! Great discovery and mod ya got there... Looking forward to some video in the future, when ya get the chance.

Have a good one,

~ Jeff
Old 09-04-2008, 09:06 PM

Jeff,

Sometimes my mind doesn't rest, but I like thinking and trying to make my helicopters fly better. I actually did this mod last year with the CPP adjustable links, but it didn't turn out to good. So I gave up on the idea for a long time. I had a feeling the reason it didn't work was because the links weren't the same length. Then when I pulled them out today I checked that and they were different lengths. The mixer arm was driving me crazy because I know on a properly set up helicopter it should be parallel with the grips, but the non adjustable pushrod prevented that. Then Glenn and I couldn't get zero degrees of pitch on the CPP at half stick and that is because of the non adjustable pushrod and the adjustable one couldn't get small enough. This time I made sure all opposite pushrods were the same length and it payed off.

Nick
Old 09-04-2008, 10:50 PM

Nick,

Excellent work on the links for the mixing arms...I think I read somewhere that the mixer arms should be parellel with the grips, but never gave it much attention. That is great thinking "out of the box" to make the linkages correct by using adjustable ones.

It makes sense that now you can get zero pitch at half stick. When I was having that issue, I kinda looked at the possibility of making those fixed links adjustable, because that seemed to be what it needed to make it work like it is supposed to, but I never thought to pursue it.

I was reading you post about the CPP being slow to flip, and after flying mine quite a bit lately, I can see where it would be...even though I am nowhere nearly ready to flip mine... it's just a general sluggishness in the cyclic response.

I wish you could try the Gaui sometime, because it is exactly the opposite, in fact, from flying it trying to recover from disaster a couple of times, I can tell you that I know it would flip very easily, as it has very quick cyclic response when it's pushed...even if by accident in my case!! One time, it was headed for a ligh pole at the baseball field, and I made an emergency manuver, and the speed of the direction change was unbelievable. That is also what makes it so difficult at times, is it's super responsiveness.

Hope you get lots of time to play with the new configuration!

Glenn
Old 09-04-2008, 11:42 PM

Glenn ~

About the Gaui....Would you say it is harder to fly than the CPP ? I always seem to be flying in areas that are limited in space, and still keep thinking about that little bird with a fiesty attitude. In stock form, I can only do very slow ff on my cpp and in a sloppy way trying figure eights....But with the Trex, the flying is a lot easier...I know the Gaui is a handful, and small, but I keep wondering if it would be a fun heli, or if its gonna take a lot of mastering like the CPP... Is there hope or not, I guess is what I'am trying to say....

~ Jeff
Old 09-04-2008, 11:46 PM

Glenn,

I have been comparing my CPP to the videos on Youtube and I still don't know how they can flip theirs much quicker than mine, so I hope this will make it faster. When I first took off with the CPP it was all over the place. It took a few seconds then I learned how much input I needed. On my sim all the helicopters flip extremely fast and in one spot, so it is kind of hard to take what I learned on the sim and apply it to real life when my helicopters flip slow. I wish I had digital servos, but I don't know what ones will fit because I have one servo that when it gets to a certain spot it doesn't go to the same place every time. And I don't know if I want the Digital E-Flite or Spektrum servos after their reviews.

The reason I wanted the mixer arms parallel is because on the helicopters I have setup the head assembly parts are always perpendicular or parallel to something, so I thought why not do it on the CPP.

I would like to fly a Gaui 200, but I wouldn't be able to fly it every day when the wind picks up.

I will have lots of time to fly tomorrow, but I will probably be busy on the weekends like normal.

Nick
Old 09-05-2008, 12:01 AM

Nick ~

How much does your CPP weigh currently ? And what batt are you using ? I notice on the G4, with the Heli-Max cp in stock form there its a struggle to flip it. When I reduce the weight a tad and put a 4-cell (which realistically we know is a little far-fetched) that sucker is nimble and can do anything I tell it to. So back to real life, is why I was just curious on your weight and batt....

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.