Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

G'morning all...

That was some very nice flying done by a fixed wing...I really haven't seen anyone except a heli pilot get that low flying inverted...esp considering the size of that aircraft. I take it he uses the solar panels to power a charger unit of some type...is that what the last few pictures are of?

I kind of cringed during his taxi when his prop stopped...thought oh dang, he's going to have to drag his starter out there to restart his engine...then when the prop started up again I remembered, oh - it's an electric.

I guess with your water hazard you have to have a truck or SUV, is it that way after any kind of rain or just heavy rains? Does it drain or just sit there for days? []

Did you get a chance to fly either of your 500's or are you still having tracking problems with 500-1? Might be worn out/old dampers?

The camera I use is a Canon SD1200...from your question a few days ago.

Anybody get a chance to fly yet? I think most of the country is getting nice weather.

I did fly this morning and guess what?? I got to fly at my old field...no construction people around...yayyy! But the houses are going up quickly.

Mark

http://vimeo.com/21230157
Old 03-19-2011, 09:46 AM
JPEE

Mark, Glade you got your fly area back even if it is for only a day or two

As always, your video is excellent! Your flips, rolls, and inverted flight are very smooth, you're getting the hang of it for sure

On the solar issue, yes...... that wooden box is a solar charger so he can charge two small battery's in his plane that power his receiver, and the second pack for his servos. Should it not be sunny enough for

the solar panel to push his charger, then his gel filed deep cycle batteries inside that box take over. For me, just the clear craftsmanship of the wooden box was beautiful.

Normally the access road is dry. However, after it rains hard it can be closed for up to two weeks as the dam above lets water out. It is an old concrete dam and it doesn't meet the new earthquake standards

so they don't keep too much water back there. Our field is in the riverbed below the dam and is a catch basin. Then there is an earthen dam there that holds back the water to let it soak into the water table.

As the rivers flows into our area depending how fast the dam is letting water out down to us it backs up and floods the low areas of the river bed, thus the road goes under! It is no unusual to see the water there

4-5 deep! Two guys lost their vehicles there. A 4x4 Suburban and a Chevy Van. As the guys started in the water it came up to their windows and their motors conked out. Once you stop moving the water runs

in all of the door seals and your TOAST. I have been threatening to take a 4x4 post and make hash marks on it so we can see how the deep the water is so we know whether we can make it or not. This guy is

not going to take a $50K diesel in there a loose it, just to go flying.

Thanks for the update on your camera too.

My 500s are driving me crazy. 500-2 is/was all done and flew great last Wednesday. I flew it with the 500-1 brand new motor until I could finish 500-2 motor that had a high speed dry bearing sound. But she was

done and flying great!

So then I moved to 500-1 on the bench. All she needed was set of (used) blades, main shaft (a slight vibration) and a set of servo gears, I thought and the install of the 500-2 rebuilt motor. However, once I got started

I found the main blade grips were notchy so I bought new grip thrust bearing and washers. Then as I took the grips off and removed those bearings I thought to check the roller bearings in the grips, they were what

were notchy, not the thrust bearings, so back to the shop for more parts. I got that all taken care of she was smooth was glass!

So now for the test hover. The heli has a head vibration. It could be the used main blades have more of defect than the a chip or two from the recent blades strike but I had checked their balance it was right on so I am

baffled there for the moment. Next the I had my rebuilt motor in 500-1 and the motor didn't sound right and the RPM was going up and down. At one point I thought the motor was seizing. I came down from the 24" hover

and felt the motor and she was very cool so I thought the motor is OK. So tried flying again the at one point I gave the heli full power and she barely hung there. So now I am thinking, ah-ha! the 500-1 ESC is going bad...

Now this is where everything starts going south on me. I feel like an idiot to even tell you guys all of this. First thinking it "could be the ESC" I pull the ESC out of 500-2 and make and exchange. The heli flies the same,

weird throttle control and lower rpms. OK, then it has to be the rebuilt motor so I swap those out. Now the heli sounds good but I have this head induced wobble in the heli and some un-controllability. So I park the heli,

I am mentally drained by now. I get up in the morning and put 500-2 back with all its parts, the new motor and its ESC which I flew with on Wed last, now she won't fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot get the tail to hold.

I re-read the 770 gyro sheet and follow the instructions and I double check my settings, the ESC was fine with smooth roll ups and downs but the tail is loose. No matter how much gain I put in, she is so loosy goosy I would

want to try and fly her. BTW I rebound the heli 100 times it seemed like to just to be sure, I also changed the RX too to a new out of the box. AH-HA again I thought I have great idea (we are supposed to leave to fly in 2 hours).

The head fly's well on 500-2 but the tails loose right? So I took the entire tail and "working" gyro off 500-1 and thought I'll make one heli out of the two. Well the tail held fine and but there was some instability that just wasn't right.

I parked the whole sheeeeebang and took my 450 Pro for the afternoon. When I came I looked and the bench and came in the house and said "John step away" for a day or two and go back with a clear head. So that's my plan.

I forgot to mention even on Wednesday when I flew 500-2 and she flew well there was a dry or bad bearing squeal I could hear and that may be the issue for that bouncing tail.

I rest my case[&o]

edit....... I just went out and test flew 500-2. She flew fair but had a nose to tail tilting rocking like a teeter totter and I had only hovered for 20 sec or so. That tells me from experience that TT do that when you need more head speed.

I bumped up the head speed and took her up again. She was hovering fine then in the blink of any eye the motor shut down to like 40%. After she set down easy I pushed the throttle wide open and there was still only like 40% at

max throttle. That sums it up for me....... that the ESC is gone. I grabbed the ESC from 500-1 which was really 500-2's did the install and hovered two packs all in idle-up with no problems, she is back. Now to order a new ESC for 500-1.

Nick, thanks but after thinking it over rather than rebuild those servos I think I'll go new ones, but thanks for replying when I asked.

John
Old 03-19-2011, 04:47 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is a cool setup with the solar panel. Since I got into electronics those have been very interesting to me.

Sorry about your 500's.

Mark,

That is cool you got to fly at your old field. Spring break has started, so I would like to get some flights in. It was pretty cloudy and windy today, so I wasn't able to fly.

Nick
Old 03-19-2011, 08:54 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Mark,

Your flying session at your old field looks great! You are really settling in now with the 550, and it's looking like you are having a lot of fun with it...

Too bad that field is going away, it looks bigger and better than my club field...although not as pretty... I could only wish to have a field that big to fly in for free!

The video is excellent, and your narration adds a lot as well...keep up the great work!

I caught that comment about getting me to fly in the early AM... About the only way that will happen is if I'm still building a new heli overnight and I'm desperate for a maiden after staying up all night building...lol...and that won't happen anytime soon!

JPEE,

That guy's solar setup is pretty cool...nicely done for sure.

That is a good bit of water to have to go through for sure...hope everyone made it OK. I don't blame you for not going through it if you are not sure...the biggest danger (besides getting washed away!) is the engine ingesting water...that usually is very, very bad news...if the air intake gets covered, that is a possibility...[X(]

Sorry you are chasing your tail on the 500's...hope you can step back, take a deep breath and if necessary, as you did, walk away...sometimes coming back with a fresh outlook helps a lot. Good luck getting them both ironed out...

Nick,

Hope you enjoy your spring break. Hopefully your weather will cooperate and you can get some flights in.

I flew on Friday. It was nice, about 70, but a bit breezy for the 450...I got 2 flights in at lunchtime. I was pretty rusty, to be sure...no close calls, just poor timing on flips, and just generally sloppy all the way around...I need some brushing up for sure....

I may go out tomorrow, depending on weather, and availability of fields, etc. I have all 6 of my 450 packs charged. I set my timer back to 5 minutes, and the batteries last fine....should be fine for awhile yet...

Glenn
Old 03-20-2011, 03:02 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

It's raining cat's and dog's here and we have had some hail to boot!

My 500-2 done and then some. Last night I cut down the CF frame so I can utilize my 3000 mah packs under the hood of both 500's. She is stable and is nothing less than perfect.

500-1 as I stated needed a new 60 amp ESC. So went out and searched the new markets and found them to be pretty expensive. So I went to the Forums for a look around to see what was out there. I found a used ESC for $50.00 shipped! which overall is a good price. So I looked deeper and deeper and skimmed the pages and guess what old JPEE found? A NIB ESC and.... 500 L motor. Right now I don't need the motor but you never know and at slashed prices I didn't want to let the deal get by me. But considering there were both new in the box for $65.00 BELOW the over the counter price and will be delivered to my door I took it...YIPPEE for me . They are coming from Oregon which is not that far from me here in Los Angeles so I expect to see them come Wed or Thurs. I am not in a rush due to our rain. So that's what’s up on the 500 saga.

Now lets talk about the 600's. I just stripped down the main frame from the 600-1 to salvage as much as I could. Of course like I said the electric's were all good with the exception of the tail servo needing a new case which I already bought and made ready. Let me tell you guys who have not handled crashed CF frames IT HURTS. Shards of splinters let me tell ya. I hate that stuff, really hate it!

I took some videos the other day of me flying my heli. Every time I got some distance the camera would loose site of the heli with it's tracking beam to keep the focus in place. So I would have some good video some blurred and that SUCKS. Then two days ago I filmed a guy at the field flying a huge plane and he too would go out of the cameras range to hold auto focus. So yesterday I wrote an online letter to Panasonic regarding my new and costly camera and stated how unhappy I am with it because of this problem. I asked, is there not a way to set the camera for infinity?
This morning believe it or not they replied, yep on a Sunday. In short they said I "cannot" turn off the auto focus. But they did give me some hints to try and fool it. So armed with their notes I will try their two suggestions and see how it goes. The further suggested another video type camera for what I am doing and my uses, yea right $999.00 and $770.00 on Amazon.......... and that ain't happening my friends.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tq48735.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	1581655   Click image for larger version

Name:	cy77482.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	1581656   Click image for larger version

Name:	af90142.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	1581657   Click image for larger version

Name:	fz73390.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	1581658   Click image for larger version

Name:	bm76557.jpg
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	1581659  
Old 03-20-2011, 05:46 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Did you get to fly today? I went out to my field today. I got five flights in with my Velocity. The engine is still running good. I kind of made the break in process shorter. I started doing 3D on my second flight. There was a rep of Curtis Youngblood at the field, so that was pretty cool. He wanted to fly with me the next time he is in town. He didn't bring any helis because he thought no one would be at the field. He was trying to help me get rid of a little tail wag when I did fast backwards flight and funnels. That kind of introduced a new problem, so then we were trying to fix that. He also noticed my gyro tape was starting to fail, so I replaced that at the field. He thinks my problem might be due to my plastic tail blades. I also met a person just getting into the heli hobby, so I might see more of him. I really need a new transmitter battery. Mine didn't last long before it needed to go back on the charger.

John,

That is good your 500#2 is flying better.

That is cool you got the motor and ESC at a discount.

Nick
Old 03-20-2011, 06:52 PM
JPEE

Nick,
How cool was that, that you got to fly with rep. Sounds like you had some fun to boot. It must have felt good to fly after such a long break in the sport. I hope you get to see more of the guy you mentioned that is new to the hobby.

I have been working on my used 600 frame. The G10 frames are kind of dirty and got old sticky foam and crap on them. I like things shinny and new. I used, paint thinner, break cleaner, and lastly acetone to clean the frames. Even then they still look "used". So I tried some auto rubbing compound and that did brighten them up and make them look far better. I also noticed that the side frames did not mate well at all to the bottom plate. So I carefully filed them out lager so the bottom frame standoffs would fit the mating knotches in the frame plates.
I have even thought about priming the frames and trying to paint them orange to look like my KD accessories. Still thinking about that.

The rain here is the worst in over seven years, YIKES!!!

Take care John
Old 03-21-2011, 02:23 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Nah, I never did get around to flying yesterday, it was kinda windy still anyways....but a nice day otherwise.

That is really cool that you met and got some tips from the CY rep...I would imagine he's pretty knowledgable on helis..

Cool that you met a new guy at your field. I'm sure he can use some tips along the way. Sounds like it's time for a new TX pack soon...[X(]

Sounds like you are doing well flying, seems that neither you or the engine needed much of a break in!

JPEE,

Congrats on the new motor/ESC find, sounds like a great deal there...

Good news on 500-2...I know you are pleased and relieved both!

Hope your record setting wet weather clears up for you soon.

Glenn
Old 03-21-2011, 07:08 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is good you were able to make the frames look better.

Sorry you are getting so much rain.

Glenn,

I ordered a new battery for the transmitter yesterday. Horizon is finally selling antennas for the Spektrum and JR 2.4GHz transmitters, so I got one to replace my super glued antenna. I also finally ordered a flight box to carry all of my starting equipment.

Nick
Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

That's all great news! New field box, new antenna, new tx battery.......... dude, your getting back in the hobby again. But don't let your school work slip mister...or else! !

Today I bought a set of used Align DS610's for my 600-2. I should get them by the end of the week. I am sitting here now setting the new bearings in the frame blocks and mounting. As I wrote the G10 frames are nice and shinny now. The motor is set in and my next task will be to mount the tail. But I am on hold for the tail as I need to get to the LHS to get my new belts for both heli's. I am not taking any chances after this build and re-build.

John

Anybody heard from Mark??
Old 03-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Aframomum

Mark...Present and accounted for! Lol.

Been quickly checking in on your guys for the past few days. My wife got a part-time job and so on the weekends now I am in charge of the little guy and computer usage is definitely not on the list of things to do with a 2 year old.

John,

Sounds like you are already putting together your 600 frames and 'innards'...your idea of painting the G10 frames (orange or red) was great but it sounds like your well on your way forward with the build. However, depending on the color of them (if they are black then any flourescent paint will be dulled) it may or may not work well. Either way at least your getting her back together.

Nevermind...saw the primer comment.

Sorry to hear about the ESC for the 500...I am sure tracking it down caused a headache or two. Least you got a 500 flying again and perfectly stable. Great find on the ESC and motor for the other 500...that is a good price.

Sorry to hear of the terrential down pour you guys are having...at least it will give your flying fingers some time to heal.

Looks like you have some trial and error work to do with your camera...I too would have laughed at Panasonic if they suggested I get another camera to do 'less precise' filming.

Nick,

Wow...getting an offer to fly alongside a rep - that alone says quite a bit of your flying skills. Glad to hear you got your Velocity back in the air and your fingers didn't sound like they needed too much refreshing.

Also congrats on the new Tx batter and Flight box...this sounds like it's going to be a great flying season.

Glenn,

Yeah, we had the same high winds Sunday that you guys were experiencing...at least you were able to get some 450 flying in before they moved in.

No go for early AM flying aye? That's alright, since my wife started working I have been trying out some late afternoon flying (around 7'ish) with my planes to see how that works for me. Wanted to see how the 'other' side lives...so far not too shabby.

John...going to pull an all-niter tonight with the 600??!!

Mark

Old 03-21-2011, 08:33 PM
JPEE

Mark,

No overnighter for me! The day I pull an overnighter will be the day Glenn "gets up" to do a sunrise flight!

It was an idea to paint the frames, but I remembered painting motorcycles back in the day and when we would tighten a screw down on the new paint, it would sometimes pop! So another time perhaps. But if KD can paint them we should be able to as well.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:32 AM
evdreamer

John,

Yeah, I thought I should get ready for this flying season. Since I am really liking the Nitro helis I thought the flight box would be a nice thing to have. Now I won't have to take all the starter equipment out and have it all over the starting bench.

After this week I probably won't be able to fly except on the weekends until summer break. My school will come first even though it is really tempting to spend more time on the helis.

I got some really great ideas on how to improve my battery management system last night. Maybe this summer I can add them.

It sounds like you are making progress with the 600.

Mark,

It sounds like you have been pretty busy.

My moves didn't look as good as last year and I wasn't able to do flipping circles like last year, but it wasn't too bad for my first 3D flight of the year.

Nick
Old 03-22-2011, 04:37 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Much to share tonight, but first let me reply to Nick.

Nick,

Great news on the field box and I think you hit the nail on the head when you said your sticking with nitro’s you should have the box.

I am sure you’ll have time to fly perhaps during Easter Break or one of the other holidays they squeeze in before the summer, at least I hope so.

Your new idea’s for possible upgrades to your battery management system must have your creative juices running!

I was blessed today with my shipment from HK. I got my new CF main 600 frame and two canopies and my Turnigy servo that mates with Futaba 611 gyro.

I found some very interesting things out about the HK frame, some you won’t believe!

The CF thickness on the Align frame is 1.6 mm and the frame on the HK is 1.8. I did measure the frames 3 times to insure correct numbers before I

posted misinformation. So low and behold the HK frame should be a bit stronger. It could be my OLD align frames have been upgraded these days. EDIT: I just checked online and they are still 1.6

The new 600 canopies, I karumba, they are “fair†at best to Aligns canopies. One already has a crack in the paint, but for the price they shine like a

new penny, I am ok with them.

I went flying today and remember that path I said my buddy and I cut into the hill down to the field, well it came in handy today. Guys, the water is

6’ deep on the road and during the rain it backed up into the parking lot 2’ deep ( I can see the water line on the hill ) and under the benches and

out to the runway. The good thing was, the dirt and mud stayed off the pilots standing area and runway both! LMAO you won’t believe this either,

the Chemical Toilet in the parking lot also had a 2’ water mark and dirt and mud inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only reason it didn’t float away is the weight

of the holding tank and “what’s in it†LOL.

I flew my sweet 500-2 for four flights and all went well. I flew easy and just relaxed. No flips no inverted, just sport flying. After the first two flights

I sat down and went over every inch of that baby and found what could have been a problem. I don’t know whether I didn’t set the pinion lash right

( I doubt that lol) or the motor slipped some but it was not as it should be. It wasn’t that bad off, just not right. I still flew her for 2 more packs

and came home whole. Yahoo…………….

Now we will have rain for 4-5 days so I am in shop ah building.

PS: here is pic of one of my new canopies

Name:	nl29710.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	1582759   Click image for larger version

Name:	li21166.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	959.9 KB
ID:	1582760  
Old 03-22-2011, 11:33 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is cool you got your 600 parts.

That is good you had a nice day with the 500.

I started on one of my projects for school today. I have to write some code for a tic tac toe game. I finished most of it. I just have to write some code to determine when there are three in a row. Right now I just have a simple way for the computer to pick a spot, but I might make the computer try harder to win if I have time.

Nick
Old 03-23-2011, 11:56 AM
JPEE

Hey Nick,

That is cool that your working on the commands for the tic tac toe game. Soon you can write for us and Heli Sims!!

By the way as I recall the person that start a game of TTT can either win ot ried the game. The second person will eith be caught in the tie or lose.

John
Old 03-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

John...looks like you are getting all your birds in a row (so to speak). Nice to hear you are having some stress free flying. Now all they need to do is to somehow drain the path to the field and you'll be set. That is crazy...6ft underwater.

I have to say the canopies and servo from HK look impressive. Not too bad for the price.

Interesting on the HK thickness being more then what Align has.

Nick,

I'm sure the pro's can't start off a new season where they left off the previous season...so go easier on yourself.

Glenn,

How are you doing up there? Any good flying days lately? BTW, is it getting darker later for you?

I'm going to be trying out a new flying area tomorrow morning...found it at the top of a hill and it seems to be nicely isolated. Other than that not a whole lot going on...

Mark
Old 03-23-2011, 02:57 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Congrats on your smooth flying 500-2, I know that must be a great feeling after the struggles had you down a bit...you and I both know well the highs and lows of the hobby!

That canopy looks great, I like the colors....very nice!

Sounds like those frames are going to work out well, even if the cosmetics aren't perfect.

Nick,

Cool on the field box. I had one back in the Cobra days, but have not felt the need yet on the SDX. MHA has benches set up, and I keep all my fuel and stuff there, then when I go to fly the SDX I just need the starter, heli and radio which I carry to the flight line. Then I usually just leave my starter laying there in the grass...lol, until next flight. The Align 2 in One is nice....no need to worry about the glow starter part...

Sounds like a cool project on the Tic Tac Toe. Before you know it, you'll be writing code for Watson...lol..[X(]

Mark,

Nah, the weather here is pretty bleak. Overcast, cold, rainy, supposed to be cold this weekend as well, mid 40's they say...

Cool on the new site...good luck. One of my favorite places to fly is Justin's flield, a mid sized school soccer field. What makes it cool is that you stand on an elevated area that's probably 25 feet above the level of the field...so you can kinda "cheat" ....fly at eye level, yet still have a nice cushion of airspace below the heli... Your description of "top of a hill" reminded me of that place.

It gets dark here about 7:45 or so it seems....and of course a tad more daylight each night...

That's about it from here....

Glenn
Old 03-24-2011, 09:49 AM
evdreamer

John,

I finished my Tic Tac Toe program yesterday. I can win every time because I know how the computer picks a spot.

Glenn,

I got my flight box yesterday. I finished it up this morning (2AM). The instructions weren't very clear, so I made a couple of mistakes. I used nails to hold it together instead of only glue. I also found out I had a bad solder connection on one of my starter motor connectors. I was able to pull the wire out of the connector. I am suprised it was able to work like that.

Nick
Old 03-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Aframomum

Awesome news Nick...now pictures!

I've gotten used to 'build them yourself' wooden projects to not always go together as described in the manual...sometimes the instructions can be a bit vague. Glad you were able to make it work.

This morning I woke to howling winds, so decided to forgoe flying and go back to bed...that actually felt good so I wasn't all that disappointed. Maybe things will quiet down by the weekend.

Other than that not a whole lotta going on...

Mark

Old 03-24-2011, 12:23 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Here are pics of my flight box.

Sorry you couldn't fly today.

Nick

Name:	vt56754.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	1583528   Click image for larger version

Name:	ca82072.jpg
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	1583529  
Old 03-24-2011, 01:31 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

Good new on finishing your tic tac toe program. But if you know how the computer picks the number and you win everytime is that..................ing?

Your field box looks really nice and it appears to have a place for everything.

Mark,

I would have jumped back into bed too and got some shut "eye"....get it?

Nothing new here, I picked up two new belts for the 600s last night but we had "stay over" family yesterday and last night so no heli work. That's really ok too. I need a break from time to time ya-know.

John
Old 03-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

That is nice looking...I like the original wood appearence of it. And the drawer looks large enough to carry any miscellaneous items you may need at the field.

Forgot to congradulate you on your tic toe software development...I think you should try chess next time and see if your success against the computer remains high...I could never beat the old window's 95 chess game.

John,

Yep, it did feel good getting to snooze some more. Glad you had some nice time with overnight visitors...a break is nice from time to time.

Mark
Old 03-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Hope everyone's weekend is starting off well.

Took my Zero with me this afternoon...wanted to check my repairs to the aerilon from a not so great landing earlier in the week , well the repairs worked but for some reason couldn't figure out why the plane was behaving as it was tail heavy. I kept adding more and more down elevator and it just kept nosing up. So after getting her back on the ground I discovered the elevator had come loose from its hinges...guess that landing affected the elevator too. Just a reminder to me that preflight checks also apply to lazy fliers too.

Crazy news but with the constant sun we've been having and no rain, combined with the winds from earlier in the week, we have 14 fires that broke out over the middle of the state. All are contained now but at times you could go outside and smell the smoke, plus there were mornings where parts of I-95 were shut down due to visibility issues. []

Mark
Old 03-26-2011, 08:24 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark,

With all of the rain that we have had over the winter it is difficult to believe that your that dry. I think there is nothing worse than walking out the door and smelling that forest/brush fire burn't smell [&o] It tells one's soul

that something bad is happening and there is nothing you can do.

Sounds like overall you has some fun with the Zero. Good catch on the elevator problem, that could have proved to be fatal![X(]

Like you not much going on here but some bench work. They say were getting Sun come Tuesday through Friday, then some more rain. Meanwhile, in the shop my 610 servos arrived and I have foe mounted them after covering

the wires with shielding and heat shrink. I found I don't have the backs for them that the screws go into. Another trip to the LHS I got my second order later in the day yesterday and that was my new in box 500 motor and ESC.

So I expect to have that ship done today without to much hoopla. I also got a near new 70 amp ESC from a 550 build that a guy didn't want (he went Castle) which should arrive in a few days and I am going to put that in main 500 daily

flier just for some "cush" as they say t keep everything cool.

As a side note, I read where a guy put a 600 boom on his 550 so he could see it easier. If you didnt know, your 550 uses a 600 tail, main head and gears so it is no beig deal if you go that way. I doubt adding two inches on the boom would

add that much weight and then you would have a sporty mini 600!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.