Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 03:28 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Mark,

That is good you had an enjoyable birthday.

John,

That is cool you got a 700. I will be interested to hear how it flies.

Nick
Old 08-02-2011, 03:37 PM
JPEE

Hello Guy's,

Well Glenn gets the award for catching my fleet signature line change. If you look closely you will see that I added a new yet to be released from Horizon Hobby a 700e 3GX. Horizon's release date is mid August and you all know

how that goes, they are always late. I paid for mine last Saturday so I am on list for when they arrive to HH and start going out to LHS.

This all came to pass while I was strongly considering as I posted making my 600-1 an HV heli. A guy on Ebay sells the 600 Pro new HV 512 kv motor for like $80.00 ($150.00 retail) and plus the cost of a 80 amp HV ESC. I kept

crunching the numbers and came up with this analysis. Today my 600 would sell for about $650.00 and that's with a TT and my NEU motor. A new 600 Pro super combo sells for $900.00. So if you take my 600 and add the HV

equipment you are "more" than there dollar wise than anew 600 HV. So with that said it seemed to make more sense to jump in with both feet to a 700e and just be done with it. I won't publish $$$$ numbers here I have sent you all

PMs on that part.

Now I will tell just how crazy I have gone! The 700e comes with Castle CREMATIONS 120 ESC which I refuse to use. Simply put, I don't trust them as they have issues. So I a biting the bullet I am getting the Kontronic 120 volt that

retails for $530.00, and yes my jaw dropped too when I saw that price!!!!!!!! But as I thought about the investment of the 700, I figured why drive a F350 Ford truck with cheap recap tires that you know will fail when you need them so

to speak. So I plan to sell the CC that retails for $230.00 plus tax on heli sites and apply those monies to the Kontronic, then I will not always have that worry will the ESC hold. I did find a site that sells them for $500.00 so there is a

savings of $30.00 right there. To add to my craziness I had even thought for one night, I'll put the CC in my 600 and just buy the motor above and for what was it? $80.00 I would have an HV 600. But in the morning I was able to get

past that and realize I really need to sell that CC ESC. I will also sell off my 600-2 which will bring me to the two 500's and a 600-1 and then 700. I know I have said I am crazy twice already but another thought had crossed my mind

to sell of my old 500s and 600-1 and get a 600 Pro HV and step up to the times so to speak. Guys, my mind is racing 24-7 and hopefully that too "shall pass" as they say and I can make some prudent choices in the next few weeks while

waiting for the 700e to arrive. For time being I won't do anything until the 700 is airborne.

I know your all wishing me well and I do appreciate it! ! ! ! We are the 4 Musketeers' here and really care for each other. I plan to post photos and updates when she arrives.

JPEE

Old 08-02-2011, 04:07 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is cool you are getting a Kontronic ESC.

I decided to do a quick flight with the Furion in the back yard. I avoided my first crash with it. I didn't push it like I normally do, since I don't have a lot of room. I don't think my electronics like the heat, because I am pretty sure the ESC went into thermal protection and killed the power to the motor. Luckily I was upright when it happend and safely landed in the grass. The ESC and motor were hot to the touch. They were both at about 140 degrees. I also put a lot of tri-flow into my idler pulley bearings and tail shaft bearings. The sqeak seemed to go away when I did fast climb outs.

Nick
Old 08-02-2011, 04:11 PM
JPEE

Nick,

That's great you were able to land without damages! I flew two flights yesterday at 5:30 p.m. and it was 100 degrees and humid. My first pack came in at 135 degrees so I sat for 45 min until the sun went down a bit and it got cooler. After that they came in at 111

JPEE
Old 08-04-2011, 06:18 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

JPEE,

That is just amazing that you were able to snare such a good deal for your new 700...and I'm glad you are planning on replacing the 3% failure rate is acceptable Castle Cremations ESC with a Kontronic...shame Align can't knock off $250 from the price and exclude the ESC in the first place (but that'll never happen ).

I am very happy for your newest addition...you do realize I was just kidding when I mentioned you sell your 500's and just get a 700 and be done with it right?

I know we are all just as excited as you waiting for that shipping date!

Nick,

That sounded like a close call with the ESC thermal shutdown...guess it's time to wait for cooler weather before flying again. For me I just can't fly when its really hot...it's just not enjoyable any longer (funny thing for a guy living in Florida saying that aye? )

Mark
Old 08-04-2011, 06:29 AM
JPEE

Good Morning Mark,

Plus 1, on the ESC matter.

As far as selling off 600s I am already getting request for them from Forums where I am known.

Now if the place I found the Kontronic would just get a supply in I would feel better so I can save that $30.00 off they give as opposed to all of the other Hobby Shops sell them for.

I was looking at batteries last night and it appears 5200 mAh is the pack of the day for 700 use OUCH $$$. I need to start at least 4 packs for two flights. Then with my Hyperion double charger I get recharge in 25 min at the field.

Smiles Guys, John

Old 08-05-2011, 03:53 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is good you are already getting offers on your helis.

I downloaded smacktalk's 3D masters video this morning. It was pretty cool. Bobby Watts, Bert, Tareq, and Lukas Riva did smack flying at the same time. Then they showed the Kontronik models. They were topless and body painted. That was probably the best part of the video.

Mark,

It would be cool if I could use CC water cooled ESC on my heli, but it doesn't have heli firmware. It would probably help if there was a heatsink on all the FET's and was open to the air. I found out all my CC ESC's are now discontinued.[&o]

Nick
Old 08-05-2011, 05:08 PM
JPEE

Nick TOPLESS.............. Do you mean shirtless? LMAO

Another hot day here but down a few degree's finally but all next week is supposed to hit 99 and greater[X(]

One flight at the Park this morning at 6:00 a.m. nothing big, just wanted to fly and have so much other stuff that needs my attention that I snuck that flight in before hand.

I have been doing more Simming and have been fussing with the Helis settings in Real Flight to see if I can get one to fly more like one of mine.

I have 500-1 sitting on the table now with all of the repair parts now so perhaps tomorrow I put her back together.

JPEE
Old 08-05-2011, 05:33 PM
evdreamer

John,

Sorry you are getting some hot weather too.

I have been flying the Dominion 3D on the sim. I also adjusted the settings to fly more like my Furion and Velocity.

Nick
Old 08-05-2011, 05:39 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Thats funny, thats what I fly! For me the stock settings are pretty slow and thats where I have been working on my inverted flight. I hope to get as good as Mark. YOUR way to good for me to even dream of getting close too.

JPEE
Old 08-06-2011, 02:49 AM
Aframomum

Good morning everyone!!

Remnants of tropical storm Emily are making there way over us so it was somewhat breezy this morning...so no 6am flights - JPEE looks like you get all the fun now. But I'll try again in a few days.

Yesterday NASA launched an Atlas 5 rocket carrying a probe that will explore Jupiter...and I got to take my son to watch it. Not on the level of a shuttle launch but still very exciting.

First one is a NASA picture of the rocket lifting off and the second one is from Jetti Park were we watched it. Very cool!

Mark

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91540.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1644880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62761.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1644881  
Old 08-06-2011, 03:25 AM
Aframomum

And the video...there was about a 45 minute delay so I was in the middle of feeding my son when it lifted off (hence the blair witch appearence of running with the camera ).

http://vimeo.com/27368243

Mark
Old 08-07-2011, 03:07 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is cool you got to watch a rocket launch with your son.

There was a pretty bad storm here last night. There were 60MPH winds with lots of rain and lightning. There were a lot of branches down and power outages. It helped cool things off because it was 76 degrees this morning.

Nick
Old 08-08-2011, 07:37 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

What a great video of both the Atlas rocket and your handsome son. He really looked like he was taking in everything around him. Thanks for the video, it really nice to see something like that in near real life. I live close

enough to Vandenberg (137 miles) that when a rocket goes off there we can see the same con trail you saw rise in the atmosphere. We can also hear the Shuttle come in (sonic boom) which really rattles our windows and

can scare the crap out of you if you are not expecting it! Edwards AFB is only 56 miles away. Honestly speaking, I never thought there would be an end to the Shuttle program and now feel slighted that we never went up to

Edwards to see the Shuttle come in, we have missed a bit history in our life.[]

Hi Nick,

Sorry to hear about your storms and damages in your area. Over my lifetime of traveling the USA I have found they wherever there are blue skies and beautiful country, those are followed with storms, snow and other blights.

We here in California only have nice weather and our price for this of course are our earthquakes. Like just isn't fair. The only way to beat mother nature or come close to doing so it to have two homes and split living in them

the good six months per year. They call it "snow-birding".

I got 500-1 nearly done last night and will finish her today and hopefully (time wise) get a chance for a test flight. Other than that, just waiting for the phone to ring and my 700 to arrive.

Hi Glenn, Hope your well

JPEE
Old 08-09-2011, 12:22 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not much new here, supposed to get a nice break in the weather later this week, so I guess I'll have to replace the links on the MCPX, and get it ready...last time out, it lost altitude all of a sudden...the link popped off mid-flight. I attached it and it just kept doing it, so hopefully just the links, and not the swash balls that are worn...

Nick,

Glad you didn't crash the Furion in your back yard...it's too new to crash yet!

The 3D masters video sounded like it was pretty cool.

Glad you didn't get too much damage in the big storms...and that it cooled off some afterwards, the best part...

JPEE,

I know you are just waiting for the big day....hopefully not too much longer to wait...

Hope you get a test flight in on 500-1 today sometime...good luck with it.

Mark,

Cool pics and video...that must be pretty cool to see in person, for sure...

Glad Emily wasn't any worse than it was....hurricane season is definitely here...hope you dodge all the rest of them as well...

I havne't been online as much, I've actually been keeping pretty busy at work now, with one less guy (he left), and a bit more work, not as much down time in the workday to write...plus, not much new here, really...just MCPX'ing along...

Glenn
Old 08-10-2011, 10:12 PM
evdreamer

John,

Did you get to fly your 500-1 yet?

Glenn,

One of the guys at my work will probably be leaving soon. He just graduated from college and is looking for a new job.

I got a free LCD monitor from work today. They were going to recycle them, but asked everyone if they wanted them first. I got a lot more room on my desk now that my CRT monitor is gone.

Nick
Old 08-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

congrats on the new LCD monitor...is it any larger than your older one? Bet it looks much better esp that it's free.

Hope the loss of one of your co-workers doesn't cause too much work for the rest of you.

Glenn,

sorry to hear about the extra work you guys are doing. Hope they hire someone soon!

JPEE,

Looks like the next launch from Vandenberg will be a Delta 2 rocket on October 25 at 5:47EST (would that be 1:47 your time?).

Any news on your 700...and 500-1?

Not too much here as I've been keeping busy with the family, and its been just too hot to enjoy flying for now. [] Guess they don't call them the 'dog days of summer' for nothing.

Hope everyone is keeping cool and staying busy with other activities.

Mark
Old 08-11-2011, 08:06 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

My new monitor is the same size (17in) as my previous monitor. Yeah, it looks better and the sim is clearer.

Nick
Old 08-12-2011, 08:24 AM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Well the 500-1 saga continues. Again.......... I know I can get wordy so I am going to "attempt" to explain this nightmare factually but shortly as possible.

The 500-1 has all new bearings, blades top and back, new main shaft and f-shaft double checked, new tail box, new tail gears and shaft, new tail blade grips, and the motor from 500-2. Still with all of that the heli rocks nose

to tail! So to me the only thing left to replace that could cause this rocking was a the inner TT drive and the head block that might have gotten bent in a earlier crash. So I bought the TT and came home to make that exchange

but then........... starting thinking after talking to those I trust at the LHS that suggested that the JR 770 has issues and that I should try my 401 on the heli. So I pulled it off and double taped to try and better isolate it, nope.

Then I tried taping on my 401 over the 770 and still no luck. Next I pulled the complete head off of 500-2 and slipped it on 500-1. Well as fate would have it the heli still rocked in a hover and then the unspeakable happened!

You've all seen the front of my house and just as I was coming down the heli started 360's out of control. It was either let it hit the house kitchen window where my Judy was watching from or....... the back end of the car in the

garage. I fought and fought and got it to crash on the pavement between the window and the car. Damages included, new main blades and tail blades again! New front TT drive gear to the auto main gear. What I found that caused

the crash was that the inside bushing of the new pitch slider I had put on with the new blade grips had unscrewed of itself. I got repairs done and Loctited the bushing in place. Now that I know the 401 was of no help I pulled it

and went back to the 770.

I get the whole heli all back and ready to go, I carry her to the roadway and go to lift off and the motor spools up and then quits! along with all of the servos!! I can feel the servos have a neutral position and power but none of

them will respond. I checked the rx and its light is perfect. So I unplugged the pack a "few" times and everything goes though the normal start up, the ESC sings its tune but the same thing happens, the heli spools then goes

dead before lifting off. I bench checked the ESC's programming and it was so far off what it should be I dont know how this heli ever flew, but why and how did this change occur. Re-programmed and lift off........ and dead she goes again!

DRATS I say, so I get another ESC, verify its program and the same thing happens. AH HA it must be the DX7, so I get the DX6i out and program it to this heli and ................ yes you guessed it, the same thing, the power drops out again.

In the words of Forest Gump, "stupid is... as stupid does" so with deep thought and using all of my years of RC skills all summoned to the front of my brain I cry out! "IT MUST BE THE RECEIVER". I grab a new receiver off the shelf still in the

NEW bag and slap that puppy and "there you go" a sweet flier once again. So in the end both the programming of the original ESC was buggered and the rx was bad.

UPDATE: 6:14 p.m. I put the head off 01 on 02 heli and now it shakes violently! AH HA says I, the head block is bent after all.

This is the second nightmare now including the four improperly made 5.2 two way step downs I dealt with on the 600 rebuild so.................... I have to ask, why me?

Nick,
I am glad you can Sim better now on a clear screen, that should give your eyes a real break.

Mark,
Nothing on the 700 yet. They are still out of stock at most sites. I am glad your well and living the good life with your family.

Glenn,
Sounds like a double edged sword. With a man down in the shop now you can start making some bucks from the spillover work, but then again that means more hard work on your behalf and you'll come home a more tired,

but at least the reward is there thank goodness!

A tired old guy JPEE

Name:	Ca83071.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1647916  
Old 08-12-2011, 10:43 AM
evdreamer

John,

Sorry about all your new problems with the 500 and the crash. I try to practice landing safely on the sim when I hit the ground tail first and it starts piro-ing out of control. Now I can usually land safely without crashing. I think it has helped in a few close calls in real life.

Nick
Old 08-12-2011, 11:08 AM
JPEE

Nick,

People look at me land my heli because I "like you" land front skids down. Then I let the tail down softly so as to not possibly strip my torq tube gears by letting the tail blades drag or hit the ground.

John
Old 08-13-2011, 03:22 PM
JPEE

EPILOG: 500 ESP

Today I tore down every screw and bearing in the bobbing head. I rebuilt it with some new parts and slapped that puppy together and crossed my fingers! That was a mistake, I should have crossed my legs, she still bobbed.

I got in the freaking car and drove to the freaking LHS and bought a new freaking head block and came home. I built the head block, put it in and took her up and............ she flew like glass. I now have back my two 500's.

I flew one pack this morning in the 600-1 and it seemed so slow and sluggish even with a flat line of 90%, perhaps my packs are pooping out? or I am used to the 500's that are fast and agile. The only thing I can say is, that 700e

will be a long time blessing coming true soon I hope.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:21 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is good your 500's are flying better.

I just got done flying my Furion. I tried to keep the ESC happy and did some light flying, with an occasional tic toc and piro flip. I love how fast it reacts compared to my tired and worn out 450.

Nick
Old 08-13-2011, 04:22 PM
JPEE

Great news Nick! I am glad your loving that new heli
Old 08-14-2011, 03:44 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

JPEE,

What a horrid trip you just took getting your 500's flying smoothly again, for you sir persistance certainly does pay off. Glad it worked out for you in the end.

I would have to agree with you on the 600 appearing sluggish after flying the 500's...after a few flights with my 450 and going to my 550 everything seems to move in slow motion.

Nick,

Light flying includes some tic tocs and piro flips? Nice that you are getting some flight time in with your new 450.

I got some flights in yesterday morning and it was great...until I messed up my 450 on a nose-in take-off attempt. The tail wound up hitting the curb as it lifted off (I gave it the wrong stick input) so tore up the TT gears, tail blades, and main blades. I did manage to hit TH so it didn't go over on its side. Got a whole 7 seconds on the battery. But I did get to do a few nice loops and some inverted hovering with both heli's so I did have a good time.

Just relieved it didn't happen with the 550 (I'm sure the cost of a new set of blades will cost more than the 450 repairs ). Guess I got a bit rusty the past few weeks off so no more nose-in take-offs for a while.

We took our son to the airport Friday to watch some planes take off...actually found a great place near the runway. Needless to say, he had a blast!

Here's a couple of pictures of the 450 and the 550 together (before the 450 incident )...can't get over the size difference.

Mark

Name:	Ay74339.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	1648621   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76960.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	1648622   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc77612.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	1648623  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.