Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 12:43 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey guys,

Nick,

Sounds like more fun projects coming up!

Nah, I don't think our PID acronyms are the same...lol..

JPEE,

That's crazy....hope you and the cops can nab the crooks!

I have also had my debit card identity stolen, twice, 2 different cards/banks...it's a crazy world out there, and instead of guns and knives, the thieves use computers...

Windy as heck here, not sure how the open house is going to be tomorrow more wind predicted...it won't bother most of those guys, but I still don't feel real good flying in 25 MPH gusts...

Glenn
Old 10-15-2010, 09:43 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Well.... here is my first attempt with the isolation cam rig on the 600. Afew things need explaining. First, the day was gloomy so the colors are muted. Two, I had the camera on auto focus and now I can see in the video it has a problem trying to keep that focus so I will leave in manual mode next time. It is very difficult to learn all over again to fly, meaning to fly horizontal as much as possible and then try to turn with the rudder rather than banking. On a clear day where I can keep my orientation I will be able to go higher and sofen those turns I am sure.
For watching 480 will work on almost every computer. While I shot it in 1080p WHEEEEW try letting that load or run on the basic home computer. Should you go HD 720 I recommend you let it load first before you let it start it it might keep stalling to load.

Your guys can be brutally frank, but...........poor me...this is my first shot at this LOL! Glenn, it was a bit tough but I tried to flybackwards down the runway for a different prospective.
JPEE

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_lW5OHlxdE[/youtube]
Old 10-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Um JPEE...I'm going to have to be brutally frank...if you stand on the runway while flying you may get hit by a landing aircraft. Lol!

Great video and excellent job getting the heli and camera all finished - I know it was a bit frustrating but well worth it in the end. The footage was very clear and no interruption at all...not like our little keycams. Is that the 'new' flying field you guys are flying at now? Very nice and open.

Any news on the 'sting' operation with the furniture delivery?

Nick,

You are one very busy person with all the electronic projects...how do you find time to eat and fly? More goodies coming. Do you have an idea of a casing to house the circuit boards?

Glenn,

We also had a visit from the wind gods...seems they are deciding to stick around for awhile. Started Thursday and looks to be here all weekend. Yeah, I don't think I would want to try flying in those gusts. [] As you said though, it shouldn't stop most of the guys from flying so just sit back and enjoy the show!

Mark
Old 10-16-2010, 08:51 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry it is windy there.

JPEE,

Your video looks really good.

Mark,

I don't fly as much when I have an electronic project. That is kind of a good thing with the way I go through fuel. I have also been working on three other circuit boards. Two for my battery management system and another for a power panel that I have been redesigning. So that will keep me busy for awhile. I don't plan on having a case for my boards.

Nick
Old 10-17-2010, 08:37 AM
evdreamer

Guys,

I don't know if any of you have seen this on Helifreak, but I thought it was kind of interesting. It is a pretty new thread and it shows how to do 3D moves. http://helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=242
Old 10-17-2010, 10:47 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not much new here...I basically took the weekend off from helis...got up Saturday and there were 30 MPH gusts...so I didn't bother...but apparetly the guys were out at the open house, including Bobby Watts....I don't think wind bothers him too much..

I was thinking about flying today, until the dryer broke...just a belt, but I had to tear it down so I can get parts tomorrow...

JPEE,

Your video looks great, nice and clear, and smooth too! Glad all you hard work and attention to detail paid off...hope you can get some more nice footage soon...

Nick,

Thanks for the link on the 3D tips...never knew they were there, I was reading the tic toc one....pretty interesting and informative...I'll read some more later on.

Mark,

Hope your winds let up some so you can fly this week...

I hope to get some flying in towards the end of the week, and next weekend, before the cold weather gets here...

Glenn
Old 10-17-2010, 11:08 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry about your dryer.

I started working with my LCD some more today. I now have my controllers sending the information to the LCD instead of me doing it manually. I didn't realize I now have over 500 bytes of data to get everything displayed. It takes some time to display all of that at 9600bps, so I might increase that to speed things up. Right now I am working on a couple of new screens.

Nick
Old 10-18-2010, 10:08 AM
jroo

Oops,

Crashed the 250 last night. I believe my gyro went out. I was hovering about 15 ft up and was having issues with the tail. It just went into a spin and fell in the street. I'm done with the HK-401B gyros. I absolutely love my Align GP780, but I was too cheap to spend the extra money on it for the 250. I guess you get what you pay for.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85844.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1518885  
Old 10-18-2010, 01:31 PM
jroo

Anybody know if an Align 250 SE canopy will fit on a non-SE frame?
Old 10-18-2010, 02:19 PM
evdreamer

James,

Sorry about your 250. I don't know if the canopy would fit or not.

Nick
Old 10-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Sorry about the 250 crash James...how's the 450 Sport doing?

Nick,

Nice site...think I saw it a long time ago on HF and just forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.

Wonder if JPEE got some crooks over the weekend??

Glenn,

Do you have a working dryer again or are you hitting the laundry mat?

Sorry about the high winds, hope things look better later in the week.

Weather here has been beautiful and so am looking forward to getting some flying in tomorrow morning. Might even get some video since it's been awhile...

Been busy with a build lately...can't believe I pulled that one past you guys for nearly 4 days...ya'll are slipping!

Take care everyone!

Mark
Old 10-18-2010, 08:22 PM
JPEE

Hello Guys,

Mark,
No it is not unsafe standing on the runwayfor one simple reason, we only fly one heli at a time! Everyone else stays up at the tables prepping for thier flights. However, for the most part planes fly solo too. Should a guy wnat to fly with you he must ask to rasie a second plane in the air with you. When "I" fly a plane I an always in the pilot box, but there is more. From the video you see me looking out over the riverbed, well that where the Sun comes up and right in your eyes. So often when we fly we walk out there and then face our backs tothe Sun and fly over the pits with our planes. I dont do it unless I am the 'only" one there with a heli for safety sake. AS we all know things happen. A plane is forgiving and a heli is not.

I wish the very best on the 500 build and will promise you will be in love with that heli when it is complete.

The house #2 situation, well I never heard back from the cops as to whether they did a sting or not........mostly not because when we arrive on Satuday there more boxes in the driveway and on the porch. I called FEDEX and told them the story and said come get them by days end or I would push them to the curb as trash. I said further, I did not want that invitation of merchandise in my front yard. Let me tell you............that guy must have come out of his chair on the other end of the phone...but but but Mr. Pedretti we will get a truck for pick by dark and he did. Well as fate would have it this was the drive that tried to bring the first box 8 days ago. As she picked these up she saw the address and said "these go down 10 house from you, you are xxx37 and they are xxx47 on their address. She said she even had more boexs on the truck right then for them. So she scooped it all up and took them down there. One of the boxes that came ot was from UPS so these people are buying a whole bunch of stuff........hummmmmm. I called Penny'e today and left the sercurity agent a voice mail as to what had transpired so I think this is over for me, or at least I hope so.

Nick,
I hope your LCD is coming together for you. Also that for the great link too.

Glenn,
Well, sounds like you had a bad day of it with the clothes dryer. I just rebuilt mine about 3 months ago. First a bearing went out that carries the drum so I replaced it. Then the front felt seal go suck up inside so I replaced that AND the back one two. As you know that is a job to tear that puppy down. So she is rebuilt and works fine now. I cant remember when we bought it but it is old, but then again dryers should last forever becasue there is nothing in there.

Jreue,
Sorry to see the 250 that way. I will tell you I use the GY-48 for like $12.00-15.00 on my 400's and my 450 and have never had to look back.
Take a read on this : http://reviews.hobbypartz.com/produc...62196343123315
Here is the part # http://www.xheli.com/60p-dy-1017.html

JPEE.......grey and rainy now for three days and now I have two to three more..............I am a sane man going nuts[X(]

Name:	If10662.gif
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1519184  
Old 10-18-2010, 10:14 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is cool you have been building your new heli.

JPEE,

Yeah, the LCD project is going good. Right now I ran out of memory on my current chip. I have an idea on how to cut that in half, so I will try it out or I will need to get another chip.

Nick
Old 10-19-2010, 06:04 AM
Aframomum

Here's some pictures of my new 500 in progress. It's crazy...the blades on this thing are almost as long as my 450.

Mark

Name:	Vt56099.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1519337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37076.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1519338   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ou49473.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	1519339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ke91251.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1519340  
Old 10-19-2010, 02:08 PM
JPEE

Very cool Mark! Don't forget the important step od sanding every edge and opening on that frame to ensure it never rubs and cuts a wire. Have fun and keep up the good work.
Jpee in the rain
Old 10-19-2010, 03:03 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Not too much new here, tried to get some flying in yesterday, got in the air, and the field I was in was immediatly overtaken by a soccer team...

Looks like better weather is on the way later in the week, and maybe not so much wind this coming weekend...

Nick,

Hope you can get your code cut down so it will fit on your chip...no way to compress the data I guess, like with music or video files?

Sounds like you are having fun with the projects lately.

JPEE,

Sorry about your rainy weather, is this a few of the maybe 10 days of rain ya'll get a year?

Glad the furniture/Penny's thing seems mostly straightened out now.

Mark,

Nice job on the frames and what not so far...looks great!

Looking at that reminds me that I put my lower bearing block in upside down on mine when I built it...I couldn't tell from my manual which way it went, then Jeff showed me a better pic from his TT kit that he got...the lettering points upwards on both the upper and lower blocks...I corrected mine later on in a repair job...

Keep us posted on the build...I had forgotten you had the kit in....

jreue,

Sorry about the gyro induced crash, I had one of those on my all stock B400, no notice, not alot you can do...

I also don't know about the canopy...

I got the dryer all squared away...those things are basically very simple...especially the electric ones...just remember to disconnect that 240v AC first at the main panel!![X(]

The belt was easy...only hard part was figuring out the tensioner/idler, since I didn't have a belt diagram...and the belt was broken on removal...

Works like a champ now though...for the time being...lol...it's pretty old, so we'll see...

Glenn
Old 10-19-2010, 03:07 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Your 500 is looking good.

I started using the touch screen features on my LCD today. Now I have to start thinking on how to determine what button is pressed. I also learned how to hide what I need to do to the LCD to display what I want, so only the finished screen is showed.

Nick
Old 10-19-2010, 03:23 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry you couldn't fly more yesterday.

I figured out how to fit all the data on my chip this morning. I was using a new technique on how to store data that I didn't know everything about. So, I was getting an error saying there was twice as much data than there was and it wasn't allowed to program. I figured out what was causing the error and now it stored the correct amount of data. The only way I can compress my code is by getting rid of duplicate lines of code.

That is good you fixed your dryer.

Nick
Old 10-20-2010, 02:08 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I found out last night that I got into the engineering college I wanted to go to.

I also got all the navigation buttons to work on my touch screen. When I touch them I show the button go down and when I let go it pops back up.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:40 PM
JPEE

CONGRATULATIONS NICK!

How cool you got admitted, I am very happy for you.

Also cool on your buttons came in too, but the college deal is BIG!

JPEE
Old 10-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Congratulations on getting into the school of your choice...you deserve it!!

Also good to hear you got your touch screen to work.

The 500 build is coming along. Any tips for taking apart the main and auto rotation gear so to grease up the one-way bearing? Seems a bit of a different design from the 450 gear.

Will be working on the tail tonight and will post some pictures later on.

How's the wind for everyone? I am having to go back to my morning flying b/c the winds are a bit high by noon-time. Kinda nice though, peaceful and quiet...not to mention cool with a bit of a chill at that hour.

Mark
Old 10-20-2010, 07:09 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: Aframomum

Nick,

Congratulations on getting into the school of your choice...you deserve it!!

Also good to hear you got your touch screen to work.

The 500 build is coming along. Any tips for taking apart the main and auto rotation gear so to grease up the one-way bearing? Seems a bit of a different design from the 450 gear.

Will be working on the tail tonight and will post some pictures later on.

How's the wind for everyone? I am having to go back to my morning flying b/c the winds are a bit high by noon-time. Kinda nice though, peaceful and quiet...not to mention cool with a bit of a chill at that hour.

Mark
Hi Mark,

I just went out to the shop and pulled a new top main gear and lower gear along with a one-way bearing set to refresh my memory. When they are together I just grip a gear in each hand and twist the lower against the one-way and use pulling pressure outward. Once you pull off the lower gear then you can pull the four screws in the gear bearing flange and that all comes out. DO NOT over tighten the j-screw on the bottom at final assembly. It should be a locking nylon nut and with a bit to much torq you can start to take the nylon collar on the bottom of the gear tweek it out of round and then it starts splitting at the screw hole outward.

I hope that helps.

John

Name:	ge96110.jpg
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	1520181   Click image for larger version

Name:	je99899.jpg
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1520182   Click image for larger version

Name:	in27754.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	1520183   Click image for larger version

Name:	ib82446.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	1520184   Click image for larger version

Name:	mx24200.jpg
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	1520185   Click image for larger version

Name:	ar11356.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	1520186   Click image for larger version

Name:	rt32813.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	1520187   Click image for larger version

Name:	rp54185.jpg
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	1520188  

Click image for larger version

Name:	kj82025.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	1520189  
Old 10-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Thanks a bunch for that...I really appreciate all the pictures you included...you definitely get the 'above and beyond' award for this!!

I had a feeling the auto gear came off, I was just a bit hesitant to start tearing into unfamiliar territory.

Got 20 more minutes at work then I get to run home and work on my heli...oh how time moves so slowly.

Thanks again,

Mark
Old 10-20-2010, 11:14 PM
evdreamer

Thanks guys.

Mark,

Have fun with the 500 tonight.

The wind isn't too bad here.

I got my new circuit boards today. This time the connectors fit. I am still waiting on a few more electronics for the board to come, but this one is pretty much finished.

Nick

Name:	jh16696.jpg
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1520327  
Old 10-21-2010, 01:48 PM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

I blew up the picture of your board and found a COLD JOINT on R8. Look real close and you will see it too.............................GOTCHA!

No kiding Nick, that is a masterpiece! That board is clean and looks great. Your attention to clean soldering joints and detail really shows.

Mark, I hope that helps ya man. You should be closing in now on that build, perhaps 60% complete? And anything you need for your build just ask.

JPEE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.