Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 03:55 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hi guys,

John,

First off...love your new avatar!!

The RJX head looks great...I bet it will perform just as good as the Align head and for what, half the cost?!

I don't know if Experience will be able to start on multiple stories (like Helihobby ) with all my purchases but maybe my next few flights I'll have some restraint and slow down = less crashes.

Glad to hear Judy is recovering nicely.

Nick,

3D with a 700 in a baseball field??? Did you feel the bladewash?

Glad you had a chance to toss her around, now that it's Feb you should have access to your field again. Do they change the combo each year?

Made my order for Protos parts...now the waiting game. It wasn't actually all that bad, but I did lose the ICE 75 that was up front. It wound up smoking when I was doing a test of the electronics. I'm sending it back to CC for repair and since I have the ICE 100 lying around will use that. I did a double check with the ICE 100 to make sure nothing in the electronics was the cause for the 75 smoking and all was fine, so I guess the 75 took a hit in the crash that caused it...afterall, the crash was into concrete.

Mark

Old 02-03-2012, 07:44 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark,

Once again thank you for your Best wishes for my little Judy it's very thoughtful and I do appreciate it.

I am sorry that you lost your ESC see that had to really hurt to lose a nice peace of equipment like that! But having your back up on tj shelf is a winner, like a Boy Scout " be Prepared" lol.

As far as the avatar, iPod what's the big secret what we look like. We all do videos from time to time and show ourselves in the video except for you and Nick LOL. Its kind of funny that I've known Nick for four or close to five years and never seen what he looks like but I also understand some people's desire for privacy and I respect that, no worries mate. Glenn and I used to Skype once a week so we got. Dry families with each other. It's just nice to put a face with the guy your talking to for me.

On a separate note, making ready to clean up before the 450 pro for sale so I took it out in the driveway for a test cover. And I set it down twice to make some trim adjustments. The third time I went to lift off the motor quit it rattled a bit and then would not turn. So now I'm wondering if I lose the motor or did I lose the ESC? So for a Q were I took an old plate 400 and put it next to the 450 and was able to plug in the 450 motor into the blade 400 ESC and… Bodda-bing! The motor would still not run. So now that shows me that it is a motor issue not an ESC issue and I can take the appropriate action and replace the motor.

That's it Cali.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:46 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark,

Once again thank you for your Best wishes for my little Judy it's very thoughtful and I do appreciate it.

I am sorry that you lost your ESC and k ow that had to really hurt to lose a nice peace of equipment like that! But having your back up on on the shelf is a winner, like a Boy Scout " be Prepared" lol.

As far as the avatar, I thought what's the big secret what we look like. We all do videos from time to time and show ourselves. Its kind of funny that I've known Nick for four or close to five years and have never seen what he looks like but I also understand some people's desire for privacy and I respect that, no worries mate. Glenn and I used to Skype once a week so we got very familure with each other. It's just nice to put a face with the guy your talking to for me.

On a separate note, making ready to clean it up before I sell the 450 pro so I took it out in the driveway for a test hover. I set it down twice to make some trim adjustments. The third time I went to lift off the motor quit it rattled a bit and then would not turn. So now I'm wondering if I lost the motor or did I lose the ESC? So for a check I took an old Blade 400 and put it next to the 450 and was able to plug in the 450 motor into the blade 400 ESC and… Bodda-bing! The motor would still not run. So now that shows me that it is a motor issue not an ESC issue and I can take the appropriate action and replace the motor.

That's it from Cali.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:24 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

I didn't feel the blade wash of the Whiplash, since it was kind of windy out.

Yeah, my club changes the lock every year, so people who don't pay their dues can't fly. I saw people flying on the web cam on Feb 1st, so I should be good now.

Sorry about your ESC. The meaning of a FET "Fire Emitting Transistor."

John,

In my early Youtube videos there are a few shots of me. I couldn't do much more than upright forward flight, so they are kind of boring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mye4r...GPbYYp8AREu0uD

That is good you found there was a problem with the motor before you sold it.

Nick
Old 02-04-2012, 04:56 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

Winter came back with vengeance today. I got 11.5" of snow today. It wasn't fun driving to work this morning.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:27 PM
JPEE

Better stock up on wood and fuel oil. Then pull down your batteries to storage mode. We spoke to Judy family Denver and they are suffering like you.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

I saw on the weather channel the storm that moved through and dumped on you guys...guess winter is definitely back for another 6 weeks. Hey, glad you were able to get some Whiplash time in before it hit.

I don't think CC likes the combination FET and fire in the same sentence. I hope it doesn't take too long to get my esc back...at least I have a back up.

JPEE,

Have you gotten your 500 setup yet with the new head?

Sorry for the bad 450 motor but at least you did a trial run and discovered it before it sold.

Mark
Old 02-05-2012, 05:27 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Naw....... I set the new head down and opened it and that's it. There she sets. I have a lot on my plate right now and some dead lines for this coming week. I have see a lawyer on Monday to be primed for a depo on Thursday. This is case from a man that worked for me at the State U that both he and his wife died of asbestos posining " allegedly " after they both retired. Their children are suing the State and I am testifying for the state as being there with him for 20 years. Anyway....... just lots of stuff so my helis are on the side line for this week. Mark, I hope your rebuild it coming along too.

My Judy is up and getting around and doing well. She still has the silly boot shoes thingie on but that will be with her for a few weeks. But all in all things are well there at least.

Nick, thanks for the video from the early days. That was a great video of the back of your head lol. Perhaps you never show your face because your are Darthvader? LoL
Old 02-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Any dealings with a lawyer is a lot to deal with...hope everything goes well with the testify.

Glad that Judy is doing better each day.

The only rebuild that I'm able to do so far is the servo gear replacement...each crash I have stripped the two front servo's (aier and pitch)...the 9257's are notorious for this so I looked on the forums and found some metal gear HK replacement ideas but need to wait until they are in stock again.

Futaba plastic sets: $12, Futaba metal gear set: $24, HK metal gear set $10 (isn't that crazy? ) The HK seem to have good reviews just need to wait for them to be in stock.

Other than that I'm waiting on my order from Experience and geez, no more crashes for the rest of this year please!!

BTW, you asked and so I can oblige...unfortuately most of the pictures of me these days have the little guy included. This one is from the boat trip at Disney this past October.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45239.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1723985  
Old 02-06-2012, 10:21 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Well first things first! That is a son to be proud of, what neat little guy, you must be so proud You on the other hand....... have the look of a competent heli Pilot.
It is just kinda neat to have heard your voice when you were flying at the housing development in some of your videos and then match that voice to a face, thanks.

On the servos, you are 100% right, for some reason Futaba's don't take abuse well at all, I went through that with tail servos. Sounds like you found a good fix to go MG and for the right price to boot! Don't forget that when I had that bad crash with the 600 and lost my Futaba I replaced it with an HK that was made to match my Futaba 611 gyro and that system worked very well.

I hope your shippment arrives timely with your parts from "Experience" as well as the HK stuff comes out of BO.

Getting ready to leave for the Lawyer meeting to be prepped for my Deposition Thursday ICK!!!!! I hate this stuff[:@]

Take care guys
Old 02-06-2012, 12:54 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Got a little break here at work, kinda slow today, I guess everyone is still getting over their Superbowl excitement from yesterday...

JPEE,

I hope Judy is well on her way in the surgery recovery...not much fun with that, I'm sure...the parts manager here at work had something similar, he's been wearing a huge boot thing on his foot for a couple of weeks now...tell Judy I said hi, and, get well soon!

I see you discovered how a Proximity sensor works on a smartphone... I had tons of issues with my iPhone 4 with that sensor, the display would stay lit up an active like you described...but I never got it repaired, apparently it was a very common problem, I read about people that returned several iPhone 4's but had the same issue. My iPhone 4S has none of that, they redesigned the proximity sensor on the 4S....I have not heard any complaints with it on the 4S.

Sorry about your lawyer/legal issues, doesn't sound like much fun at all...hopefully it will be over and done for you soon...

Mark,

Ouch on the nose in on concrete![X(] Hopefully you can get it all patched up here before long, sorry for the bad luck so soon on the Protos...

I got really good at B400 repairs/overhauls in the old days...so I know what you mean... I think JPEE and I could take them apart and back together in our sleep back then...lol..

Great pic of you and your son, he's something to be proud of, for sure...maybe a future R/C heli pilot there??

Good luck with the rebuild, and hope the new job is going well for ya also....

Nick,

I saw where parts of Nebraska were getting hit hard...and some power outages too..glad you made it through OK...and yeah, 11.5 inches is a LOT...

I have been so lucky here, it's like it hasn't even been winter, just an extended fall...we still have had no snow to speak of, more rain than anything this year...and that's OK by me!

That is the funniest thing I have read in months..."FET= Fire Emitting Transistor"...I"m still snickering hours later...I read it a before lunch, but ran out of time to write....

Some of the guys from MHA are meeting in a couple of weeks to see if they can salvage the club. I think Rob from my plane club here in Laurel wants to get involved as well...

Not sure how that will work out, since everyone knows how plane and heli pilots don't mix....but it'll be interesting to see if anything comes of it. At one point, a year or so ago, they were discussing a separate heli area at the plane field, so maybe Rob has some ideas...don't know...

I haven't touched the helis or sim in months...maybe if I take a long enough break, I'lll be anxious to break them out when the warm weather gets here...

Hope you guys have a great week ahead....

Glenn
Old 02-06-2012, 12:56 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Got a little break here at work, kinda slow today, I guess everyone is still getting over their Superbowl excitement from yesterday...

JPEE,

I hope Judy is well on her way in the surgery recovery...not much fun with that, I'm sure...the parts manager here at work had something similar, he's been wearing a huge boot thing on his foot for a couple of weeks now...tell Judy I said hi, and, get well soon!

I see you discovered how a Proximity sensor works on a smartphone... I had tons of issues with my iPhone 4 with that sensor, the display would stay lit up an active like you described...but I never got it repaired, apparently it was a very common problem, I read about people that returned several iPhone 4's but had the same issue. My iPhone 4S has none of that, they redesigned the proximity sensor on the 4S....I have not heard any complaints with it on the 4S.

Sorry about your lawyer/legal issues, doesn't sound like much fun at all...hopefully it will be over and done for you soon...

Mark,

Ouch on the nose in on concrete![X(] Hopefully you can get it all patched up here before long, sorry for the bad luck so soon on the Protos...

I got really good at B400 repairs/overhauls in the old days...so I know what you mean... I think JPEE and I could take them apart and back together in our sleep back then...lol..

Great pic of you and your son, he's something to be proud of, for sure...maybe a future R/C heli pilot there??

Good luck with the rebuild, and hope the new job is going well for ya also....

Nick,

I saw where parts of Nebraska were getting hit hard...and some power outages too..glad you made it through OK...and yeah, 11.5 inches is a LOT...

I have been so lucky here, it's like it hasn't even been winter, just an extended fall...we still have had no snow to speak of, more rain than anything this year...and that's OK by me!

That is the funniest thing I have read in months..."FET= Fire Emitting Transistor"...I"m still snickering hours later...I read it a before lunch, but ran out of time to write....

Some of the guys from MHA are meeting in a couple of weeks to see if they can salvage the club. I think Rob from my plane club here in Laurel wants to get involved as well...

Not sure how that will work out, since everyone knows how plane and heli pilots don't mix....but it'll be interesting to see if anything comes of it. At one point, a year or so ago, they were discussing a separate heli area at the plane field, so maybe Rob has some ideas...don't know...

I haven't touched the helis or sim in months...maybe if I take a long enough break, I'lll be anxious to break them out when the warm weather gets here...

Hope you guys have a great week ahead....

Glenn
Old 02-07-2012, 02:16 PM
JPEE

Hello Glenn, and Guys

It is always good to hear from you :-) Thanks for the "get wells" for my little Judy. She saw the doc this morning and he finally unwrapped her foot. What relief that was for her. Starting tomorrow she can try on a loose tennis shoe for some short walking to loosen up her foot, yahoo!
On the phone issue I sure you read the issues I had were of my own doing with the tracking tape ( to identify my phone from Judy's) was covering the sensor lol. Once that was peeled, no more problems. And btw....... Judy just can't seem to put down the iPad either, she really uses it daily. A true winner for a surprise gift!!
I sure hope the guys back there can "wise up" and pull together in numbers both Planker's and Heli's and get a new site that will work for both.

On the Tech side I did a lot of research on transferring my VHS video tapes to DVD. I had the option of buying a duel VHS and DVD-R which would burn them but that meant having another machine going bad on a shelf. The second choice was a multi pigtail and software that would allow me to play the VHS on my old player into my computer and then burn form there. Holy-moly were the review "bad" on those systems with nasty customer reviews, even the brand name Roxio! So I did some CNET searching and came up with another brand that seems to be the ticket. So next weekend I'll giver a try and see how it goes.
My poor old 500 is still laying there waiting for the FBL head to be installed but that too can wait for the weekend. It is raining here today and I just "ain't" moved to work on a heli.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:24 AM
evdreamer

John,

I hope your depo today goes ok.

That is good Judy is recovering nicely.

Good luck with the VHS to DVD conversion.

Mark,

I hope the new servo gears work out.

Glenn,

Luckily I didn't loose power, but the power outages made my weekend at work really busy.

That is good you are having a mild winter this year compared to last year.

Good luck getting a club back.

I flew my Whiplash in the backyard to bring the batteries down. The tail gain is a little too high for the winter temps, but it was fun to fly again. I am going to fly the Furion 6 sometime today to bring those batteries down also.

Nick
Old 02-09-2012, 05:42 PM
evdreamer

John,

I see I missed someone's birthday again.[&o] Happy belated birthday. I see you got your 500 head on your birthday. I hope you enjoyed your birthday.

Nick
Old 02-10-2012, 09:04 AM
JPEE

Thanks Nick,

I appreciate your kindness.

In court right now for a second day of Deposition. NEVER get caught in deposition, a trip is much much much easier. Godda run now take care.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:28 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hope you have a nice one, and don't have to spend too much time in court...that sounds like it would suck!

Glenn
Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM
JPEE

Thanks Glenn,

All done with the DEPO! Yahoo, Thank God, Wheeew, Its about time,

Never again will I get caught doing this other than being served with a subpoena to make me do this again!

JPEE
Old 02-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Sorry I missed it, so...

Happy Birthday!!!

I know you are relieved to have all that legal depo done, so now you can relax and enjoy your free birthday time. (I think a steak and lobster sounds nice)

Have fun,

Mark

Old 02-11-2012, 07:26 PM
JPEE

Thanks Mark!

Yes life s good now. With my birthday gift card I bought a device that goes between my VCR and computer. I play the video and the bridge device converts the picture to video. Then I can edit or just do a quick transfer and then burn to a DVD! I did my one today and it was cool. Now my task ahead is to covert all of my VHS videos of "JPEE early years". And of course my children's early years too. But if you think about how fast technology is moving the DVDs wil be extinct in a few years too!

I haven't flown or touched a heli in weeks now beyond laying my new head down on the bench. [X(]

Smiles Boys
Old 02-13-2012, 04:35 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

That's very interesting about the device to copy to your computer material from your VHS tapes. I looked to try that with my cassette tapes some years ago and at that time the technology wasn't that far developed, but if you are able to do that with your VHS tapes now then I'm sure they have something similar for old cassette tapes. I don't know how your tape collection is doing but I put an old one into my VHS player and it was horrible - I think the tape may have stretched out b/c the picture and sound were all distorted. Of course it could have been the player as well considering how old it is.

I have been working a little bit on my Protos but had to make a recent order - seemed I missed the tail case bearings. Not really an issue as I have the rest of the heli to work on for now and can do the tail when they come in. Plus we had a cold front come in (WTH - it has been in the 50's [:@]) so its been too cold and too windy to do anything outside. Sorry Nick...I know that must be a warm front for you but that's dang cold for me!

BTW Nick, how are you? Hope the weather has warmed up from that bout of snow you guys got hit with last week...maybe you won't have to keep your batteries down too long.

If Hobbyking ever gets their metal gears in stock I'll let you know how they work out...for now I'll have to deal with the crappy plastic Futaba one's.

Mark
Old 02-13-2012, 08:49 AM
JPEE

Hello Guys,

I am in fact sitting here and uploading another vintage 18 year old VHS tape of my grand daughter as a newborn Yes this device works well and............ I see no reason why you couldnt hook up a casset player via its outputs and do the same.

I did have to go through both of my vintage VHS players to find the one that would play without the static and snow as you mentioned Mark that you have. There are places here that will do what I am doing in making this transfer for GET THIS...... for $30.00 per VHS cartridge! My transfer device cost $55.00 out the door and I have burned 13 copies per this morning! Has it paid for itself yet, you bet!

Sorry you missed the tail box bearings needing replacement before you placed the big order. Again, like you it about your weather it is raining here today and I saw the weather on the News and it looks like you, Nick and Glenn are in the same boat too, all wet!

Mark, here is the link for what I bought. I also did "exhustive" reading of review, CNET looking for which unit would serve me best. Then I stubbled on this one. Then after readign up it, it was clear this is pup for me.

http://www.honestech.com/main/vhs-to-dvd-50-deluxe.asp
Old 02-14-2012, 06:58 PM
JPEE

Hey Boys,

I came out of a (3) week hibernation and went flying today. I took my trusty 700e out and did 6 flights. Most of my flying was very sane. With a layoff that long I was surprised that my thumbs had any memory at all and did not want to risk even a close call. I did make STUPID move, I flipped to go inverted and the heli sank as I closed the throttle to get power to my NEG side of the band................OOPS I had not flipped my idle-up switch yet and was in normal. So slowly she sank downward. I rolled out and hit the switch and was the "man" and saved my own "buttocks" as Forest Gump would say. So that bears my flying easy today.

Smiles around the shop guys!

John
Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 AM
evdreamer

John,

That is good you are enjoying your VHS to DVD converter.

That is good you saved your 700. I have done the same thing a few times with my helis. Now I just flip into idle up before I flip out of throttle hold.

Mark,

I have been pretty busy with school and work lately. I wrote some routines for my microcontrollers to mimic routines that I use to write computer programs. I have also read more books in two months for school than I have read in years.

I got some more snow a few days ago, but it wasn't as bad as the last snow storm. It has also been between 0 and 20 degrees the past few days. I am sure getting tired of scraping my windows every morning. It looks like the temps will be getting warmer soon. That is about it, there isn't much new going on here.

Nick
Old 02-17-2012, 04:06 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

It was in the low 40's and I had the day off from work, so I decided to go fly the Whiplash at my field. All I can say is 700's are so much more fun to fly. There was snow and puddles every where, so I helped shovel the concrete parts off. It helped keep me warm and gave me something to do while the batteries where charging. I would have had a hard time flying a Nitro out in this cold, so I am glad I went with electric.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.