Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 09:02 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, missed the video you posted. That was an amazing recovery you got to see out there! I am so glad you finally got to share in what we have been able to see several times now here in Fl.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:03 AM
JPEE

No worries Mark, it was something to behold! However, we have seen many a launch from VBAFB over our lifetime. This for was awesome because of it being the first west coast recovery of the booster! It is always such a hoot to have all of these Californians calling 911 when these launches go off, really.................

JP
Old 10-09-2018, 02:34 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I hope the storm isn't too bad in your area.

John,

That is cool you got to see a space x rocket.

Here is a picture of my pre charge resistor. I plug the lower Voltage side Deans connector first. Then I plug in the JST connector that is attached to the power resistor. I think it was like a 5 or 10W resistor. I can't remember what the resistance is, since it is heat shrinked. It is way over kill, but has never failed. I wait a few seconds then plug in the high Voltage Deans connector. Then I remove the JST connector.

I got a new battery and tires for my car and it is good to go.

I went to a cars and coffee with my dad a couple of weekends ago. I didn't know there was one in Lincoln. I saw my favorite car the first gen Acura NSX. My dad had a good time seeing cars he used to own and fix up. Then we went to the Speedway Motors museum. That was a cool experience. It is a three level museum. The first floor is mainly vintage and historic race cars. Then the second floor is a mixture of cars. There was a Le Mans race car, land speed cars, some Shelby cars (I really liked the series 1 car). There was a Duesenberg. I didn't realize how massive that car was. Then there was a whole room of engines, go karts, and pedal cars.

Nick
Old 10-09-2018, 05:53 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

I am sorry but I got lost on the point your making with your set up. I do remeber seeing what your showing and “I thought” that was to stop the big spark when you plug in the battery’s, am I right?

I understand what you said per the photos, but I don’t understand what your accomplshing? When we spoke about this, I told you I had put a capacitor which is plugged into my receiver right where the BIND plug goes. How that works is....... if the ESC pulls too much power to feed the motor for a moment and the BEC wire out of the ESC drops voltage thats creates a brown out! When that scenerio happens the receiver doesn’t feel that drop in voltage because the capacitor is feeding in its voltage to cover for the deficient power drop until ESC can power the BEC at its full voltage, no doubt when you back off the throttle.

What a great day with your Dad, he must have been on Cloud 9! Whats better than two dude walking a car show, museum...
about the Dusenberg, you may not know this, the term “Oh shes a doozy” came from the Dusenberg. When one would drive by people would say, Shes a Doozy, slang for she is a Duesenberg! You cannot go wrong with a Shelby anything either!

Good deal on getting your car ready for the winter, never to soon for that.

Take care JPEE
Old 10-26-2018, 03:40 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Been a bit busy since Hurricane Michael so time to get caught up.

JPEE,

Got your email and thank you for the well wishes. A good many residents up in the panhandle really got demolished and they have much recovery ahead. I do wish them a speedy recovery.

I'm sorry to hear about your Bixler going in due to poor glue joints from the factory. But as you said a new fuse is quite cheap so won't break the bank. Or go with the clone and have 2 gliders!

Nick,

Glad you got your car issues fixed before winter hits hard for you. Not wanting to have car issues with snow on the ground!

The museum sounded like a great time for you and your dad. I remember seeing a few of those old Honda (Acura) NSX back in the day - they were unique in that the cabin was so far forward.

Mark
Old 10-26-2018, 05:20 PM
Aframomum

Ok, so I was going to get caught up...

Just before Michael came through Florida my dad took a trip to Texas for a reunion for his boat that he served on during his time in the Navy. It is an annual event and is held in different parts of the country each year. He was to drive back to SC just after the hurricane hit so had to adjust his route as most of the Florida roads/interstates were questionable, so decided to take a route that would take him through Alabama towards Atlanta, GA, then to Charleston, SC. Simple enough and straight forward right? Not really...

I got a call last Monday morning from him telling me he was involved in an accident in Alabama, his car was totaled and he was staying at a hotel but was unable to get a rental car due to all the cars going to Florida for the hurricane. Apparently he was on the interstate Sunday evening and the traffic was a bit too much - too many idiots zipping past him so he decided to take a back road for some more relaxed driving. He said that one of the turns he didn't see and just drove off the road doing 50. The car caught a bit of air as it went off the road, continued a bit until it came to run up a guide wire of a telephone pole and rolled onto its side where it finally stopped. He said he had to crawl out of the passenger side as the car was laying on the drivers side.

Luckily he wasn't hurt (except for some soreness) and didn't need to go to the hospital. He was staying at a local hotel and was safe. I told him that I would be there the next day to get him. I called my job and told them that I would be out the next 2 days - there response was less than what I expected. My dad or my job - no decision there! I got a bit of sleep and made the 7 hour drive, got there the next morning. We went to the impound yard to get all of his stuff out of the car and drove back to Charleston - made it back that evening. Got on his computer and looked up a few cars on carfax and was able to setup a few potential dealerships the next morning so he could call them. I drove back to Orlando later that evening after making sure he was alright.

I had planned to stay a day to help him but an unfortunate encounter with a dead deer in the Alabama hills that morning changed all that. On my way to get him I ran over a very large dead deer and messed up the exhaust on my Mustang. The pipes were all still connected but loose and making a very dang loud racket. Plus there was deer parts all under my car and smelling like burned yuk! Between my dad and I we really weren't having the best of luck with cars!

Luckily everything worked out. My car made it back home with no issues, except the pipes. My dad was able to pick up a 2017 Toyota Camry the next day. The dealership actually came to pick him up and he got everything all worked out and drove it home that day. And I was able to redo part of the exhaust and got everything straightened and sealed up. Also hosed off the underside of the car so no more burning deer smell.

It was quite a week and I'm glad that my dad came away from that accident unscathed.

Mark
Old 10-27-2018, 03:25 PM
JPEE

OMG Mark!

Reading this post was a like a kick in the stomach! A grand Veteran like your father wanting to meet his shipmates for a reunion and this is what as served up to him, for that matter you too, OMG. As I read line after line I feared that one line would say....you had lost him! Thank God that was not case and that after your long driving ordeal your both OK! The financial loss for you both in work time lost, damaged vehicles, and just wear and tear mentally and physically was substantial. You job superiors perspective really was shocking at minimum. One day they will walk in your shoes in a similar life like experience and "then" they'll get it. After seeing the wreaked car and that your Dad was just banged up is a clear miracle in my estimation! I am glad for you both that in this life's "curve ball" that was thrown at you both everyone went home safe in the end with a few $$ less in their pockets, not a bad thing at all.

Thank for posting and sharing.

John
Old 11-04-2018, 11:37 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is good to hear your dad only had minor injuries after seeing the picture of the car. Sorry to hear about your car and getting time off from work.

John,

Sorry about the confusion about the battery resistor. It is for controlling the spark. It was just a recommendation for Mark's Goblin.

Thanks for the info about the term doozy.

Nick
Old 11-04-2018, 05:46 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

Yes I too am sorry resistor vs capasitor got buggered up. My goal was/is to have the capacitor carry the load so the receiver does not brown out.

Any progress on the soil?

Flew 4 packs today in the 700 MD 500 and my 600e. Father time is taking a toll on me now. It’s always a rude awakening when I get here and start flying after a seven month hiatus from my hubby. Back in the day I was noted with the best eyes and you’re flying helicopter out till it was a spec and bring it back, nobody could touch me! Today I see I need to fly am much closer. Perhaps when I get back home it’ll be time to get my ice evaluate it again and get new glasses. I’m sure that will help but it will make me 20 years old again either in the eyes, as the kids say it is what it is.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:33 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE and Nick,

I wanted to thank both of you for your well concerns for my dad. He is doing fine and has recovered from the accident. He's also enjoying his new car, so that was the one positive from this ordeal.

JPEE,

I can understand the reservations your having with the eye issues. I hope you have good news when you get them checked and nothing too serious. That's a great picture of your MD.

Nick,

Thanks for the idea for the spark arrestor - if I ever get my Goblin finished I'll have to look into it.

Yes, I still have not gotten my helicopter done. I just can't seem to get myself into putting her together. Probably too many other things going on for me at the moment.

I did finish my door finally - sort of. I got everything together but it still gets a bit jammed on the way down so I have to manually "help" the window down for it to work. At this point I'm just going to leave it as is - at least I can open and close the window.

My other 'new' major project is my front suspension. My car just passed 142K and both of my ball joints are totally shot. Plus the steering tie rods are also shot - no more boot to hold any grease. So I figured I would do the ball joints, tie rods, struts, and springs all together at the same time since I'll need an alignment afterwards anyway. Plus doing the ball joint requires all of the other items to be out of the way, so might as well replace as they'll be off the car. I have a nice long stretch of time for the Thanksgiving holiday so that will be my best time to get it done. Guess my rear diff will have to wait...

Hope your not being affected by those terrible fires that are ravaging your state.

Mark
Old 11-13-2018, 08:05 AM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

No worries on the eyes, it's all just a part of getting older LMAO. With a scope I can still shoot flies off of the fence at a quarter miles LOL.

Kinda funny when you talk about the ball joints, I carry a pickle fork here to AZ in case I had to replace one of my ball joint that got damaged on the trial.

So glad your Father is doing well and enjoying his new ride. You car, ball joints and the window will come together in time, you have my friend been under the gun with the loss of your blessed mother, car issues, covering your dad now and looking after him as needed, working OT............I don't know who you do it, proud to know you with your spunk!

I just lifted the 600 1 1.4 inches to keep the tail blades out of the dirt and rocks for a harder landing so I don't tear them up! Both Phil and I have found that a 600 does not like a low head speed the tail starts wagging, so...........I just put on some 700 tail blades (longer) and will try that and another reason I lifted the heli. If that doesn't help then I'll tighten my VBAR and see if I came the tail that way.

OK Boys
Old 11-23-2018, 03:26 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

A bit late but wanted to wish everyone a Happy Turkey Day!! I hope everyone had a nice day spent with family and friends and eating good food.

We had some friends over and did a small size turkey this year as we normally have too many left over's the previous years! I am always the one to do the turkey as my wife says mine always comes out delicious and juicy so why mess with tradition! All and all it was a nice day plus my work schedule was very nice as I only had to work M, T, and F this week, so that was a nice relief.

I hope the new 700 blades help with the tail wag on your 600 and you raising the tail gets those rear blades out of the dirt and rocks upon landing!

My car work is going slower than I hoped - doesn't it always take longer than you originally plan?? Right now my obstacle is the lower ball joint. It is a press fit that joins the wheel spindle to the A-arm and I've been using lubricating oil, a torch, and pickling fork to beat the heck out of it and still it is as stubborn as ever. I picked up a bottle of PB Blaster oil as I was advised WD40 may not be enough. I've been letting the oil soak in overnight so hopefully that helps, I'll beat on it again later this morning after I finish replacing the inner and outer steering tie rods.

That's the update from the east coast!

Mark
Old 12-15-2018, 06:00 AM
Aframomum

Hi All,
Finally finished my suspension project - and what a project it turned out to be! I had no luck with using the pickling forks on the spindle/ball joint so instead used a tie rod claw press to press it out and it worked like a charm. And only took 5 minutes verses 2 days of torching and banging with a sledge hammer on the pickling fork with no luck! I'm very happy its all finished - I had to replace the rear springs also as I decided to get lowering springs. I went with the progressive Ford lowering springs so she's lowered about an inch in the front and 3/4 in the back. It gives a nice raked stance and the biggest plus is my mustang no longer has that 4X4 look. lol

Old 12-15-2018, 06:09 AM
Aframomum

Old 12-15-2018, 06:12 AM
Aframomum

Old 12-15-2018, 06:25 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,
Your Mustang looks ABSOLUTELY *****EN "A".......wow! Man oh man, new shocks, lower springs, and ball joints..................................sweet. The work was all worth it and when I look at the photos I love the lower body stance to the road, she looks fast!!!!. Another nice touch are the new Yellow Mustang brake calipers! In my opinion for a shade-tree mechanic working at home you took on some hard work and WON! Now more than ever every time you approach the car there will be an air of pride and along with pleasure on your face. Some day in the future it will be you and your son (Mr G) out there together, replacing the batteries perhaps in his Tesla. So so happy for you Mark.

Merry Christmas Mark, it is time to coast and wear the Santa Hat.

Hello Nick, have a Merry Christmas if we don't chat before.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:55 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Yep, I do have a stupid smile on my face when I look at my car lately! lol I actually have a few pictures of when my son was helping daddy hammer on the pickling fork/ball joint job. He enjoyed that A LOT!

Christmas is around the corner so Santa JPEE, get that Santa hat out and ready!

I got the short stick this year so have to work Eve, Christmas, and the day after. Blah! But we'll celebrate Christmas morning then off to bed it'll be for me while my son plays with all his new loot!

Mark
Old 12-21-2018, 07:13 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Yep, your ride looks great! A smile when you approach is well earned, look at your broken knuckles!

Sorry you got the stinky shifts but as the old saying goes, “rank has it’s privilege” and you will be there in the future.

May your entire family have a very Merry Christmas!

JPEE

Last edited by JPEE; 12-21-2018 at 07:16 AM.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:31 PM
Aframomum

Well JPEE and Nick,

A new year is here so want to wish the both of you a Happy New Year 2019!!

And hope you had a nice Christmas as well!

Mark
Old 12-31-2018, 11:37 PM
Aframomum

Although I had to work both Christmas and New Year's Eve this year its not been too bad. I remind myself that I won't have to do this again this year so that helps, plus its almost over.

I wish you guys a great year in 2019 and look forward to getting some projects done this year - both with the house and the car. Not to mention a few more visits from my dad this year, his grandson loves having his "papa" and his dog stay with us!

Take care and get ready for New Year's Day dinner!

Mark
Old 01-01-2019, 10:51 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark and Nick, happy new year to you both!
reminiscing of the old days I decided to go back to the beginning of this for him to see what the date was. I’ve attached a photo that has Deftones and Glenn Rotary dock making the first two posts. I’m going to have to stop here gentlemen, I am out in my toy hauler doing this from my iPhone and as you may see the picture came out gigantic, I still hope you can see it. Happy 2019 to you both and your families and let’s get some flying in.

Last edited by JPEE; 01-01-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

It seems you have an abundance of empty space in your toy hauler - you need to fill it with more aircraft!! lol I like the organization you have - everything is nice and tidy, and easily accessible.

The picture you sent of the garage gave me a chuckle. I just need a few more years and I should be there! Actually, I am planning my first project for 2019 - a work bench for my garage. I did some rearranging a few weeks ago and have a nice spot in the corner where I can make a bench that can be 8 ft. long and maybe 30" wide. More then enough for my needs and still be able to fit both cars comfortably. Right now I'm still brainstorming some ideas on what I want it to look like and what I want from it. I definitely want a storage side with a shelf and covered with doors plus a spot on the top for a vice grip. My tool chest will also slide underneath it on the other side. I'll post some pictures when I get closer to a final decision.

Definitely want to get some more flying in this year. Last year seemed like a hiatus as it wasn't much that I didn't have time to fly, it was more that I didn't have the enthusiasm to fly - if that makes sense. But things feel a bit different now, I actually started to put together my old jet Stinger that was crashed some time ago. Finished epoxying the tail sections today and need to check the electronics tomorrow. I did get out and flew my Zero before Christmas and that was a nice outing. So maybe this year will be a revitalization of the hobby for me. I know my son has been asking periodically when are we going to go flying!

I do sometimes go through some of our thread - it really is like a time capsule of sorts for us!

Take care,

Mark
Old 01-12-2019, 10:55 AM
JPEE

Mark,

Thanks for the Toy Hauler comments. The problem is.......while it look like tons of room for more planes, when the Polaris RZR is there and the planes are off the walls it's tough to get them home without damages as they take a lot of bed and floor space that I really don't have on the way home. I am considering a new Corsair in a week or two for my Birthday, again considering......

Glad you got out to fly your Zero and had a bit of fun. Hopefully the repairs on Stinger came together too. Last year you suffered some big life changes and stresses, but I proclaim this year is the year of Mark!

Re the workbench, let me leave a few of my work bench mistakes with you. I got hung up on not wanting the bench's to come further off the wall than the than width of the garage door openings. The curtain walls (those short walls on each side of the garage door where the jamb is) My thought was when I pull a car or trunk in I would have not worries on rubbing the bench on the side of the vehicle. Also another error was on the one side was getting a kitchen counter with coved back splash. I wanted a nice clean counter I could wipe down and that looked nice. I can't recall the exact width but its a building standard 30" maybe and that wound being a bit narrow for a lot of work. But that said, oil spills and such were and are easy to clean! The other thing on that side I was to pull the cabinets I found at the college in the junk from the Chem dept remodel out from the wall to match the dimension of the washer and dry distance form the wall so aesthetically when you enter the garage it is a smooth 40' look down the side. That left me 8-10" away from the wall behind the bench!! So I put a ledger board on the wall and bought a like 12"x 10' melamine plank and set on the on top of the coved back splash and over to the wall ledger I put it/ That makes a great place for spray cans, brake fluid etc.that you want to set out of the way of the bench project "but" sty handy to reach and grab as needed. Next in one open space in the middle under the bench I put in a pull out 24" breadboard in. It pulls out like a drawer but it is a flat surface for sorting through nut, washers and etc. Embarrassingly, sometimes the bench top is full and I need that "back up" space LOL
The other side I came out 30"-32" if I recall. For that top I used ply wood over and 2x4" frame I pre-built and hung on a ledger once again. This puppy and 4x4'" legs, and has a mondo big vise or the top, I can beat on the top or the vise to my pleasure. Also, I set the top height so I can stand and work with arms bend at my elbows so I am not bent over like the standard height is on the other side. I wished I has some photos to share but I don't. Hopefully this will expand your thoughts.

Found some pics, you'll see the pull out bread board, the safe is where I keep my Lipos for fire safety, picked it up at a yard sale $50.00. Thats cheaper than a fire cabinet for the lipo's. The vise it is far enough off the wall that long sticks of wood or pipe stick out the back side of the garage while I cut. Also, the kitchen counter top and the melamine plank are shown. Note the space under the bench with the dead space over the top of the old bedroom drawer set I use, when I get home will be a deep large pull out drawer when I am done.
John

Last edited by JPEE; 01-12-2019 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:41 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Thanks for the pictures and all the incredible info you gave for your bench plus the mistakes you made along the way. Gives me a few things to consider, thanks!

I forgot you also have your 4X4 RZR with you so not too much room after that is stowed away. A new corsair in the near future? Sounds good, any idea what size?

I did get my Stinger fixed and flying again. I forgot how quick that thing is! It is a nice and fun flying aircraft that I can easily stick in my trunk to get some morning flights in, plus one of my few planes that handles the wind easily.

Mark
Old 01-18-2019, 08:38 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

The Corsair I am "looking at" is https://www.motionrc.com/products/dy...0mm-dy8953-rtf 50" wingspan or 1270 MM. they have two schemes and though I love the dark blue, it is hard my eyes to see orientation. They have a lighter scheme that has to be considered too.The problem doe me for the dark color too is when it gets scratched up the white foam shows and here in the rough desert the scuffs will have to be dealt with constantly opposed to a real runway.

Yea, I hope some of my tips help you when you make your garage benches. We all learn by other mistakes LOL.

So the Stinger is airborne again....how cool is that! Yeppers that convenience of having her in the trunk perhaps will increase the opportunity to catch a flight more often.

Keep it Frosty............. JP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.