Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 12:54 AM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey JPEE,

Japanese of course! Subaru is also known as Fuji Heavy Industries....the whole car is made in Japan, that's the best part about it!

It's a horizontally opposed 4 cylinder, AKA "boxer" ....AKA "pancake" AKA "flat four" ....and as you pointed out, very similar to a VW engine, in fact, it is sometimes transplanted into VW's...just need a liquid cooling system to go along with it...lol

I am hoping to be able to drop it in tomorrow with any luck...

Glenn

Glenn ~

Hey...... My Acura is getting close to 50,000 miles on her.... At 60,000 miles its time for a timing belt to be replaced.... Can I send ya my engine for a little ol' upgrade by the Doc ?!...[8D] It could be expensive to ship cause of the weight, so I'am thinking maybe just regular mail by the USPS...... Oh...... Try not to get any fingerprints on her......LMAO....

Thanks in advance.............[8D]

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22876.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	1048470  
Old 10-09-2008, 01:11 PM
JPEE

Jeff,

That engine looks HOT!

Just a note so you don't think the old man croaked.
We are going out to the California Desert to ride our quads and FLY FLY FLY in the wide open spaces for three days so I'll be off the air. I have both my 400's and my T-28 and 5 batteries, two chargers, a bag of parts, and locked and loaded. Jeff look it up, El Mirage Dry Lake. They also race cars/motorcycles there like Utah on the salt flats that go faster than 250 mph.

See you guys Sunday night..............don't get out of control without me.

JPee
Old 10-09-2008, 02:38 PM
evdreamer

I got my parts and I really like this Scorpion motor. It is bigger than the stock Gaui one. And it came in a cool tin box. I also shot a picture of the T-Rex with my RotorTech blades. Hopefully I get my Outrage batteries tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39597.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1048661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20738.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1048662   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40226.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1048663  
Old 10-09-2008, 03:45 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

LOL.... Yeah cars have always been my passion.... Its the Honda's and Acura's for me... New generation stuff, as I'am younger than you and Glenn... The ol' rice burners ! Never got into the real American muscle cars, all that torque and jazz ! LMAO... So how come your not taking that mean chopper of yours ?! That sucker would turn some heads in a heart beat ! If I pulled up next to ya in my car, I'd be quite intimidated ! YIKES...! That thing is so neat... I bet it has more horsepower and torque than what the bike or rider could even handle....! [8D] Definately out of the L.A. region...Lol...! Have fun over there... Get a video or two of your flying so maybe you can post it for us....

Nick ~

Cool...! More stuff.... I like those Rex blades... And of course that killer Scorpion motor. I've heard good things about that brand... That Gaui is gonna be a mean little sucker... It will make the CPP feel like a coaxial heli !

Finally got the Trex all tuned into perfection with the proper head set-up from the direction of Finless videos... Never had it set-up before for 3-D the right way... I gotta say, its running better than ever right now... I just did a test hover out in the heat outside and how cool ! I can't wait to maybe get a flight in this weekend... Its been pretty hot though lately... Yesterday morning at 6:30 A.M. it was already 75 outside... Whew...! Hot for someone who is from Washington State, where its generally much cooler... Its been raining everyday there for the last few weeks. Typical fall weather for the Pacific Nortwest... I may not be in so much of a hurry to head back...LOL... No wonder JPEE flies his heli's so well ! He darn near can fly everyday all through the year from the nice weather that's usually present here in California...

I've been 'eyeing' the Trex 500 out of one eye from time to time.... That could be a bad thing.... [8D] Very tempting to put it together... I do got some brand new (But crappy) HS-81 servos I could put into it for some hovering... Then just would have to purchase a battery... But I'll wait... No reason to put those cheapy servos in, and take a chance...Lol..

Talk to ya guys later....

~ Jeff
Old 10-09-2008, 05:24 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I was so excited. I got everything put together and went out to go fly, but I was having some trouble with the motor keep spinning. So I reprogrammed the ESC. I am glad the motor didn't keep going because I didn't check the servos. Once I got the motor going I noticed two of my servos weren't moving and one was making a buzzing noise. I thought it was the motor buzzing but it wasn't. So I took a closer look and one servo motor isn't engaging with the gears anymore and the other servo motor isn't even spinning. I am assuming one of the wires came off or something on the one servo then I am not sure how to get the other motor to engage. At least the servo gears survived the crash. But I am frustrated with the servos. My dad is an electronics Tech, so I will have him look at them.

Good to hear your T-Rex is flying good. I should have ordered the belt drive gear for the T-Rex, so I would have at least one helicopter that was flyable.

Nick
Old 10-09-2008, 06:27 PM
evdreamer

I found out what was wrong with the servos. One of the gears was to high and that is why the servo motor didn't engage, but the other servo motor is shot. When all the servo gears are out of the one servo the motor spins, but once there is a little resistance the motor won't spin. I ran down to my LHS and they didn't have any HS45 servos, so I got a couple of S60's.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:19 PM
evdreamer

I just got back from a flight in the garage since it is too dark to fly outside. I would have gone eariler, but the pinion was slipping. So I added some green loctite and that fixed the problem. I love the Scorpion motor. I didn't need to add that much throttle to get some power. I will know more how it performs tomorrow when I fly outside. I am sure getting better at taking the lower frame apart because of the problems I ran into today.

I got a CC Castle link and programed the ESC eariler today, but I thought I programmed it wrong with the earlier problems that weren't related to it. So I did it the good old fashion way. I might mess with it later and try to get some more performance out of it.

The S60's are working ok, but I had to do some modding to get them to fit. And the pushrods aren't strait up and down anymore. But I didn't want to wait for some new servos to come, so they will do for now.

I have to mess with the gain a little more since the tail isn't holding, but the Gaui is flying just as good as it was. I am so glad I got to fly today and got a fix of my addiction.

Hope you guys got to fly today.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, I got the Forester engine in, AND RUNNING tonight! I am really beat! But I got it done at about 8:30 tonight. I haven't road tested it, but all looks and sounds great, so I think I'm good to go! Finally, now I can get back to normal mode again.

JPEE Hope you have a great trip on the quads, and with the helis and plane too! Too bad you can't keep in touch while you are up there, but be sure to take some pics and vids if you can, I would love to see them when you get back!

Jeff, WOW, the Acura's engine compartment is very impressive indeed...do you ever drive it?? LOL!! Looks like something out of a car show....very nice! I've never had anything that looks that nice under the hood....but as you guessed, I had some mean old American muscle cars in my day...and yep, they did have some SERIOUS TORQUE too! I have alot of respect for today's hot rodders, and the rice burners...they are very cool. I can't quite get a grip on the front wheel drive though, with big slicks in the front...lol.

Nick...bummer on the servos! That crash must have been pretty substantial? I am wondering if the microheli mixer arms maybe held up a little too well, and tranferred alot of the impact to the servos? Did the arms bend in the crash? Maybe the soft Gaui arms aren't such a bad thing? Only reason I say that is that in numerous crashes, I have never damaged a servo...but my crashes were pretty minor ones.

That motor looks awesome, it should have lots of power over the stock motor, for sure. Between that and the ESC, and batteries, the Gaui should be a rocket!

Man, am I tired. I'll try to write some more in a little bit, got some things to do before bed.

Glenn
Old 10-09-2008, 09:36 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Nope the arms didn't bend at all. That is a good question about weather the mixing arms caused the servo motor to quit. The crash happened to fast for me to tell weather it was bad or not. I should have tried to auto the Gaui and T-Rex, but that was kind of the last thing on my mind at the time.

I just saw this video and it reminded me of the video you talked about of the GMP Cobra you had, but this one is a Hirobo. http://www.rcuvideos.com/video/Vinta...RC-Heli-Flight

Nick
Old 10-09-2008, 10:00 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Wow, that video was pretty cool! That was one year after I had my GMP Cobra. That Hirobo seems like it was very well dialed in...and the pilot was not doing bad either!

My Cobra was a 50/50 split between GMP parts and Hirobo parts. I think it may have shared some parts from the Hirobo Shuttle.

Thanks for the nice vintage heli link.

Hope you get some nice weather for testing the new Gaui stuff.

I am hoping to get some flying in this weekend, but I have to work Saturday, so I'm liable to be really burnt out from all this working on cars...

Hope the Gaui flies really well for you tomorrow.

Glenn
Old 10-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Evan T.

hey guys i flew the cx2 outside today right before it got dark and the mosqitos were killing me so i wasnt as focused as normal and couldnt have as good as a flight as i wanted to but it was fun
Old 10-09-2008, 10:04 PM
J-MICHAEL

Glenn ~

Lol... Yeah I love my engines... All my Honda's all looked like that. The Acura I went a little more to the extreme with it ! A lot of the aluminum I wet-sanded by hand in creating the higher luster from getting rid of the 'orange-peal texture' as you would see normally in the aluminum... Makes it much easier to clean... Lots of sore and bleeding fingertips with that project ! Yeah the front wheel drives are a new perspective from your guys' old days of those monster front end jumping torque monsters...LMAO... The front wheel drives, if set-up properly can still grab and scream. 9 second quarter miles are a common if done right, and lots of money...LOl.. Mine red lines at 8,400 rpms and is running a 10:01 compression, with it all gutted out for race... I haven't been into it as much as I used to be... Could be I'am getting older, and also the fact that I'am purely in love with these RC heli's....!!

Nick ~

Boy, I'am glad ya got the Gaui up and flying, as I was worried that you were going to go through withdrawals soon.... Your luck hopefully will improve... You had a little streak of the bad luck for a bit there it seems... Keep your head high, and push through those times, as it always gets better as it seems it is now....[8D] Still wanting that video mister !

Take care gents,

~ Jeff
Old 10-09-2008, 10:24 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Yeah that guy held and inverted hover very good, but it probably helped that it was a big and a nitro helicopter.

I hope for good weather tomorrow to get the best performance out of the Gaui, but I will still fly it in good or bad weather.

I have to work Saturday too, so I probably won't be flying either.

Good to hear your Forester is running good.

Evan,

Good to hear you are still flying your helicopters and got the CX2 flying. Have you flown your CPP in a while?

Jeff,

The Gaui is really worth all the hard times I have had with it so far and I know it will fly good afterwards unlike the CPP even though I was a die hard fan of that helicopter for awhile.

I plan on getting some video tomorrow. I would have had one up by now, but I didn't plan on that crash to happen. And I have a good feel on how it flies, so I should be able to do everything I can with the T-Rex. I might throw in an inverted hover if the weather is good enough, but I might not since I can't get the servo gears I need for the S60.

Oh I found out why the tail wasn't holding in the garage. The gain was at 50%. LOL

Nick
Old 10-09-2008, 10:27 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

Good to hear that you got the CX2 up and flying...haven't heard from ya in a while...

Yeah, I love flying in the evenings, but the bugs can be a real issue at times.

I am looking forward to the cooler/colder weather soon, so the bugs go away. Especially the mosquitos.

Have fun with the CX2, glad to hear you're still sticking to the helis as well as the cars.

Glenn
Old 10-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Evan T.

It's weird now I like helis more than cars lol well I sold the cp a while ago and looking for something different and am flying the cx2 until then so what do you think I should get a 400 or the cp pro 2 when it comes out
Old 10-09-2008, 11:05 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

It's weird now I like helis more than cars lol well I sold the cp a while ago and looking for something different and am flying the cx2 until then so what do you think I should get a 400 or the cp pro 2 when it comes out
BLADE 400....................................!!! [8D]
Old 10-10-2008, 09:53 AM
evdreamer

+1 on that.

Jeff,

I got some video of the Gaui with very strong winds. My tail is still wagging around 60%, so I am going to have to go down to 50% again. I drained the battery a little low because I had to go into Idle up 2 and I did a minute practice session before with the same battery. The motor and ESC were room temp after the flight and I would guess it is 60 degrees outside, but the battery was 100 degrees. I have to go back to school this afternoon, so I hope to have the video up by this evening. I just hope I have enough velcro for the Outrage batteries.

Nick
Old 10-10-2008, 11:25 AM
evdreamer

I need a gyro like the G90 or GY401 because when I go into Idle up and Idle up 2 I need to have different gain settings. 50% works good for Idle up, but I need something lower for Idle up 2.

I had to make an emergency landing with the Gaui a few minutes ago. This time nothing was broken, but the tips of the tail blades split. A 10C battery doesn't work to good with this helicopter and strong winds and I didn't have enough power to recover.

When I have a 100 90 100 throttle curve the tail seems to respond a little better. I might try the 15T/10T to make the tail rotors spin faster and some SJM 180 tail blades since they are a little bigger. And some one on Helifreak had some good results from those tail blades.

On my last flight I was filming my stick inputs and I think that will help me visualize how certain moves work. Too bad I can't do what Kyle Stacy did on a few videos were it showed him flying and his stick inputs.

I just got done watching my stick movements video. It was kind of weird watching it. I couldn't get an overhead view shot. It was hard to tell where my stick movements were at since my sticks weren't moving that much. But it was very helpful to see what I am doing when I fly.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:56 PM
evdreamer

I lost a screw for the vertical tail fin in mid flight and chewed the tail blades up. Good thing I have more blades. But I am just using one screw to hold on the fin since I don't have any more. So I have to land a little nose first and very gentle, but it works.

The Outrage batteries really have a lot of power for a 2 cell and they charge much faster on my good charger than the stock CX charger. It is cool that they came with a TP to E-Flite adapter for the CX people.

The piro rate is much faster with the G90 on. I noticed I was having a drifting problem. I saw the the screw for the tail servo horn was rubbing on the boom mount at one extreme then my pitch slider is sticking. I am pretty sure that is the cause for my drifting.

I also noticed some other screws were backing out, so I must have not put enough loctite on them. Anyways this is still a fun helicopter even in the high winds.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:38 PM
evdreamer

I got the tail working the way it should. The G90 works really good for this helicopter. I have a fast piro rate for me and I got the gain worked out for normal and Idle up. The sticking pitch slider was the cause of the drifting. There must have been something on the new shaft I put on. So I took all the parts off and turned the motor on and took a paper towel to the tail shaft and cleaned it up. Then I put some oil on the shaft and it works like a dream. I have to say this again these Outrage batteries rock for this helicopter. I can't imagine how well these would work on the CX. Now if only the wind calmed down.

Oh I found out Jamie at Boomtownhobbies sells stuff for the Gaui!! That is great now I have three places to get parts from for the Gaui if a company is out of stock of a product. He also has a DN 25C battery that might work on the Gaui. I think it is a 900mAh battery I just don't know if it is too heavy or not. But right now I am getting a little over 5 minutes with pretty much a 100% flat line throttle curve, so that 900 mAh battery would be even longer. But I am pretty set on batteries for the Gaui.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:07 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

Maybe that's why I hear of guys running the GY401 on the Gaui... Just big performance in the little bird, but still needing that extra edge, so they put up with the little extra weight or something.... Dunno... Sounds like your having a blast... I like to hear your adventures with it. That's great Jamie now sells some Gaui stuff ! I like him, and his service....

Just got back from the LHS... Gotta make some dinner, and install a new motor for the Trex. Just picked up a Common-Sense motor designed for the Trex 450. Mainly for experimental purposes...Lol..! But will then use it as a secondary, after I get a better one in time like the Neu, or Medusa's... Just not right now... I need to re-focus some energy toward the 500 here soon...

Alright, I'am starvin' ! Talk with ya later....

~ Jeff
Old 10-10-2008, 07:16 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I am in the process of uploading my Gaui videos. No inverted hovering because it was way too windy.

I am suprised on how well the G90 is keeping up with the helicopter and the wind. And the piro rate is faster than my T-Rex. I tapped the rudder a few times in flight then it did two piros on accident. I really like the Scorpion motor. It doesn't feel as hot as my T-Rex motor after a flight. It just feels warm. The CC ESC stays cool also. I adjusted some stuff in the ESC with the Castle Link and it seems like I have a little more power. I still might be able to add a little more. I also need to adjust the settings to get the motor started better. Right now it kind of struggles to get started with a medium setting. The DN battery is also suprising me how well it works too, but the Outrage is still the best. I need to get some more screws because I keep loosing them and tail blades.

The Gaui 200 is my FAVORITE helicopter!

Nick

Old 10-10-2008, 07:59 PM
J-MICHAEL

The Gaui 200 is my FAVORITE helicopter!
Please stop.....................!!! LMAO.... Gaaaawwwwwddddd, ya make me want one ! Hey Nick, where did you buy it from again ? Heli-Direct ? I forgot... Crap, I seriously might have to get one... I saw my LHS just got 375 new Beam E4's in... Those are cool... only $349.00 for the kit... But enough of the Beam, as the cool thing I like about the Gaui is my limited space for flying mosty... And I could tinker with it in my garage for the winter, flying (hovering) around...Lol..

I was hoping to get a flight in before it gets dark here soon... Its only 5:59 P.M. Pacific Time, so I still got some time but not much...

~ Jeff
Old 10-10-2008, 08:01 PM
evdreamer

Here is the [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs6DuxP5h4Y]video[/link] of the Gaui with the DN battery.

Here is the [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14aM-9y2L9k]video[/link] of the Gaui with the Outrage battery. For some reason the LVC was starting, but the battery was almost full. So I quit early just to be safe.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:13 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Here is the [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs6DuxP5h4Y]video[/link] of the Gaui with the DN battery.

Here is the [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14aM-9y2L9k]video[/link] of the Gaui with the Outrage battery. For some reason the LVC was starting, but the battery was almost full. So I quit early just to be safe.
Nick ~

ARE YOU NUTS ?!!!!!!!!! That wind was PURE CRAZY..! Lol....! Man you fly that thing good... I still can't believe the wind though........ I don't even see guys flying in that stuff with there Trex 500's....LMAO... Feel your forehead, and make sure yer o.k.... Man, that's crazy... Out of 5 stars, I give you 11....[8D][8D]

You got my adrenalin pumping... Here I'am sitting in here waiting for the wind to die down a bit with my 450, and now I feel like a wussy watching something the size of a CX2 flying in tornado conditions....

That's it....... I'am takin' the REX out... Wind or not...Lol.

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.