Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

NEW! E-Flite Blade Micro CX

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

NEW! E-Flite Blade Micro CX

Old 09-29-2008, 07:26 PM
benzy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW! E-Flite Blade Micro CX

I was in the local shop today and they had both in stock. I passed thinking I should wait on it until I have used the CX2 a bit more. By the sound of things I think tomorrow I'm heading back to pick one up. Too many reports of it being a ton of fun and the videos make it look WORLDS more apartment friendly than the CX2.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:36 PM
aviator24

My poor CX2 is going to need a dust cover
Old 09-29-2008, 07:47 PM
aviator24

NO BLADE CLAP! Tried everything I could to get the blades to hit, not an option!! Nice.
Got carried away, bounced off the wall, no damage, this thing is bullet proof...
Old 09-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Access

I own both this and the original blade CX and overall I prefer this much more. No breakage despite several mishaps, 9-minute runtime off the stock battery, precise, excellent control, no maintainance, tuning, or blade balancing / alignment necessary, etc.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Access, that is good news.
Crossing fingers
Old 09-29-2008, 08:19 PM
cbrian4

Yahoo!!!
Man am i lucky, i went to the local hobby shop about a half an hour ago and they actually had them, i picked up the BnF without thinking and its charging now, cant wait. The only reason they weren't sold out was because the lady was telling people it would be released oct 1 but they released them today. I got the last Bind and Fly They had six of each and had already sold 7 total today.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:53 PM
aviator24

The light in this thing is awesome!
Fly it in the dark, totally cool. Took a pic with my cell phone, kinda lame but in person it is so cool. It lights up enough to keep the orientation fine!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77142.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1043515  
Old 09-29-2008, 10:10 PM
aviator24

FYI!!!
Just flew my MCX with the LiPo outta my Parkzone Cessna 210. It is a bit smaller, only 70Mah and 3.7V. Good to know. Lighter battery! Cheap too. It flew great!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: aviator24

The light in this thing is awesome!
Fly it in the dark, totally cool. Took a pic with my cell phone, kinda lame but in person it is so cool. It lights up enough to keep the orientation fine!
Get the glow in the dark parts and it will be even cooler, I am
Old 09-29-2008, 11:28 PM
David Eichstedt
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: aviator24

FYI!!!
Just flew my MCX with the LiPo outta my Parkzone Cessna 210. It is a bit smaller, only 70Mah and 3.7V. Good to know. Lighter battery! Cheap too. It flew great!!!
Not recommended. It works, but the mCX also works the battery harder than the airplanes do. Result will be a shortened life span of the 70 mAh cell. If you're willing to pay that price, it's up to you.

David
Old 09-29-2008, 11:52 PM
jrizzle
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered two!!! Cant wait to get them in!!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:09 AM
Access

Here is a video of the mishaps / crashes / hard landings it's survived intact.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQx9eHrfDF4
Seems like there might be some kind of 'slipper' on the blades themselves, in order to prevent damage, not that I recommend getting them caught in something like I did in this video.

And a nearly-unedited full runtime video (roughly 9 minutes).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zw1T6JfhMc
Old 09-30-2008, 07:30 AM
monsterbrad

I am guessing that this little thing will not fly up side down
How is it as far as being able to fly around through halls and door ways?
Old 09-30-2008, 05:19 PM
cbrian4

This thing loves the tight spaces, no washout from the blades so it doesn't get sucked to the walls. One thing i did is that i noticed that forward flight would level off after a few feet to where even full forward and the thing would be at a hover, i simply fixed this by popping the left link (if looking from the front) off of the swash and giving it 5 turns clockwise to shorten it. It flys much faster forwards and doesn't level off. It still has a good amount of backwards flight too. Here's my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=879rWWl6xt4
Old 09-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Wheelnut

Nice vids guys. You got me anxious, so I called my LHS even though they said they wouldn't get them until Thursday, and they said they have 4 BNF's and 8 RTF's. So I will be back shortly
Question for you guys with the DX5e. How did you bind it?
Old 09-30-2008, 05:55 PM
scardina
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

The have a pint size CP but it goes onder another name. It won't be near as easy to control as this little bird is.
a pint size CP? meaning it uses a tail rotor? can it fly 3-D then? have one of those havocs somewhere, just got the mCX but id like something that i can do a little more with eventually.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:15 PM
skorman

I got my MCX yesterday and it flies great! Extremely stable and forward flight is easy as pie. Today I'm having an issue with the battery and/or charger. The charger light just glows red long after the battery should be charged. When I remove the battery from the charger, the red led remains on. Taking out a AA cell and replacing it shuts off the red light. The result is only a partial charge of the battery. Hopefully my LHS will just replace the whole package for me. I'll see tomorrow.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Wheelnut

Got the BNF just a little while ago. Bound very easily with my DX5e. The stability of this little heli is un believable. Seriously, I can't believe how stable it is. I wish my CX2 or even my Lama V4 came out of the box as set up as this little bird is.
THANKS E-Flight GREAT JOB. Now I'm going to order the glow in the dark parts
Old 09-30-2008, 07:05 PM
benzy2

WOW, THIS THING IS AWESOME!!! I had just bought a CX2 since I thought the LP5DSM looked like a much nicer controller than the one that came with the MCX. I thought the CX2 would be good on calm days outside as well. I really had been struggling to use any rudder indoors with the CX2 as I only have about 10'x10' to fly. I charged the MCX battery up, bound the tx/rx, and off I went. After a minute of realizing channels 6,7, and 8 on the tx needed reversed I was on my way. Boy it was so ungodly stable. I could take my hands off the sticks for literally 30 seconds before I would have to enter any input to either slightly adjust throttle or correct a slight drift, and remember I am starting in the middle of a 10'x10' area and I would leave a good 2 feet from the walls, floor, or ceiling when I made adjustments. To me the best part is the charge time. In 30 minutes I am ready to go fly again. With a second battery charging when the first gets done you cut down time to about 20 minutes. I don't know what more you could ask for. Compared to the 2.5-3 hour charge times I have been getting with the CX2 this is outstanding and I the flight I took lasted 8 minutes. This isn't going to be a heli that you do crazy livingroom 3D with. If you are looking to take the stability of a coaxial and use it in an apartment sized area this thing is PERFECT. This is the heli I was looking for when I bought the blade. If you already own a radio that will bind to this I don't see how you couldn't pick one up. If you are looking for small room indoor fun I don't see how you couldn't pick one up. If you want to relax a bit and play around I don't see how you couldn't pick one up. Please if you are on the fence go get one.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:17 PM
David Eichstedt
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: skorman

I got my MCX yesterday and it flies great! Extremely stable and forward flight is easy as pie. Today I'm having an issue with the battery and/or charger. The charger light just glows red long after the battery should be charged. When I remove the battery from the charger, the red led remains on. Taking out a AA cell and replacing it shuts off the red light. The result is only a partial charge of the battery. Hopefully my LHS will just replace the whole package for me. I'll see tomorrow.
Sounds like it's time to replace the AA's for the charger with some fresh ones.

David
Old 09-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Wheelnut

David, I was thinking the same thing about the batteries in the charger.

I have ordered the glow in the dark parts. The frame frame and the swash plate are on backorder and will ship at no charge to me when they are in stock again.
One thing about the glow in the dark parts. This heli is so stable I am afraid to take the whole thing apart to put all the glow in the dark parts on.[sm=what_smile.gif]
Old 09-30-2008, 08:48 PM
skorman

ORIGINAL: David Eichstedt

Sounds like it's time to replace the AA's for the charger with some fresh ones.

David
David - You're right. I changed the charger batteries and all is working again. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:53 PM
aviator24

Has anyone tried flying with the replacement flybar?? I just did one pack ago...

Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
We changed the flybar design after the first container or two left the factory for manufacturability purposes. Both versions fly exactly the same.

David Eichstedt
Horizon
David,
This is not what I noticed. I only ran one battery as of yet.
What I found doing full foward circles in my living room is on a counter clockwise circuit, the MCX had a faster ground speed. My estimate is 25% of an increase in forward speed. On a clockwise circle, the groundspeed compared with the stock flybar was 25% less in forward speed. Only way I could document this is with video? This is just my simple observation. Anyone else try this out??
Old 09-30-2008, 09:36 PM
cbrian4

My charge light never turns off until i pull the battery out of the charger, but i found that as soon as the light starts flashing, its done. I decided to take it out as soon as it started flashing, and i measured with my multimeter. It came to be 4.18 - 4.19 volts. Perfect. Man this thing is so much fun!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Access

I got the same issue with my charger, my fourth charge took a few hours for the light to go out, and the fifth one ran all night and the light was still on. I replaced the kit batteries in the charger with real ones and it works fine now. I guess a lot of these cheap batteries are just duds or they got surplus ones that had been sitting on the shelf or in the heat for too long.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.