Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 07:53 PM
rockstah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

Anzahl Bezeichnung Artikelnummer Einzelpreis Summe
5 PicooZ - Tailrotor 85697 EUR 1,80
16% MwSt. EUR 9,00
EUR 1,24

Summe: EUR 9,00
Versandkosten: EUR 39,90
enthaltene MwSt. (16 %): EUR 6,74

Gesamt: EUR 48,90

Dieser Betrag entspricht Netto EUR 42,16.

which translates to:

Number of designation article number price per unit sum 5 PicooZ - Tailrotor 85697 EUR 1,80 16% VAT. EUR 9,00 EUR 1,24 Sum: EUR 9,00 Forwarding expenses: EUR 39,90 contained VAT. (16%): EUR 6,74 Entirely: EUR 48,90 This amount corresponds net to EUR 42,16.

translation http://flash-db.com/Currency/

over $60 bucks!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:12 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

the pic on the box is a picoo or a knock off(I found some knock offs on e-bay claiming they were improved versions, when I asked iff they were the real deal, I got a "we never said they were picoos or used the words silverlit or picoo or picco" they just used the pic). The second pic appears to have an actuator on the tailboom, and a rodent blocking what it controls. There are also mispelled words in the ad. And for the final stake through the heart, my computer blocked all of the pic's on there site. I think the NANO whatever 3000 is a ripoff. Tim

I hope someone at silverlit is checking this out. Tim

rockstah, did you check out rcgroups? Since silverlit is unable to produce tail rotors, someone over there is working on a limited run of tail rotors. Tim
Old 11-17-2006, 10:34 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hey, picoo people, I just confimed a rumor that has been floating around. Whether it's good or bad, spinmaster has the rights for the picoo. The gentleman I spoke to works at a lho and was told by a silverlit rep that spinmaster has the rights for the picco z. I am assuming that the renaming thing did not get to the sales force, or they did not want to confuse the issue. Unless spinmaster changes it's sop, we'll need other producers for parts. Spinmaster still does not offer parts for the aeroace, why should we expect them to offer parts for the picoo?

You could e-mail spinmaster and ask them about spare parts, and about the picoo availability in your area. But that is up to you, Tim
Old 11-18-2006, 12:26 PM
pcarluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, this thing is pretty tough... Wouldnt recommend doing what happened to me but I was buzzin around in the kithen and it bounced off the wife, hit the refrigerator and landed in th sink with the tail under water and making a pretty good rooster tail. I thought it was gonna be junk, I dried it off (using tail rotor as dryer) and it has been flying fine.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:14 PM
dino7

hi to everybody.i did the bb+cf shaft mod and the picooz is so fun now without vibrations.but in my last flight i have this problem.the throtle is working only in half of power.if i give full throtle the picooz esc cut of .and the led is flashing continious.after i pull down the stick after 1-2 sec the led flash 3 times and the picooz work again but always in half of power.can anyone help me?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:18 AM
tdmodels

I can testify to Dino7's report.

Ordered the CF/BB upgrade kit from www.indoorflyer.co.uk at the cheap price of £2.25! (works out to be $8 shipped to the US). Took me around 1 hour to do the mod, but boy what a difference it makes.

The initial 1 minute of flight is now controllable, it's much quieter and flight times have been extended.

I would recommend this modification to anyone that hasn't done it yet and when I receive my second PiccoZ in a couple of days time, I will create a PDF file describing how to carry out the mod.

All the best,

Tim
Old 11-23-2006, 05:27 PM
wadoman

@dino7
im having the same problem as well. I only get half throttle and it cuts out and constant flash. Anyone know what this is?
Old 11-24-2006, 08:30 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Have you checked the charger batteries? I know that is the stock answer, but it seems to be the culprit most of the time. Another regular culprit is a bit of hair in the tail rotor, But I don't think that should cause the light to flash. Tim
Old 11-25-2006, 12:28 PM
fastmax

Hello everybody. Thanks for all the great info in this thread. I just picked one of these up yesterday while I was out Christmas shopping and I can't wait to fly it. I have messed around with several different "cheap" helis and have never seen the response in the forums about those that I have seen for this one. If it is half as good as everyone says I will be very pleased. I fly a few different airplanes but wanted something to play around in the living room with and it looks like this will fit the bill perfectly.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:18 PM
taty

[] Hi I am new to the forum & rc copters, I have a Picco z it has started spining un controlably even before lift off ,its impossible to fly the main & tail rotors look ok no hair or fluff no binding on the tail rotor I can hear the change in note as the tail rotor speeds up & slows down when operating the the rudder controle the main rotor spins clock-wise the copter spins anti-clock-wise no mater what I do please help I am totaly at loss thank's
Old 11-25-2006, 04:57 PM
fastmax

Ok my first few flights with the Picoo z and all I can say is WOW!! This little thing is absolutely amazing for $30, I can not believe how stable it is for such a tiny Heli. I will certainly be picking up a couple more for christmas gifts. I know my brothers will love it.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:02 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

TATy, do a hand launch. Does the heli spin in the air? Is the tail rotor straight? If you have a smooth surface, when it is spinning on the ground can you trim it out? Just random options. Tim
Old 11-25-2006, 10:06 PM
monstermaker13

just bought one of these monsters
i have lots of plans for this thing *rubs hands together*
mu-hahaahaha
Old 11-25-2006, 10:30 PM
fastmax

ORIGINAL: monstermaker13

just bought one of these monsters
i have lots of plans for this thing *rubs hands together*
mu-hahaahaha
I hear ya. I have already come up with a few pretty cool ideas for mods myself. Post up some pics when you get started, and I will do the same.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:29 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

monster. I used to live at 3rd and sayles in abilene tx. That was many moons ago. Tim
Old 11-26-2006, 02:58 AM
monstermaker13

why did you move?

work?
Old 11-26-2006, 04:41 AM
nedMX

yay, ordered two of these one for me now and one for my brother for christmas. hahaha, should be fun rubbing it in playing with it while he has to wait.

i really want to try a bladerunner as well now.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:09 PM
lamogio73

NedMx... Definitly get the bladerunner 2. Its an awesome little chopper. I found a larger battery for it at www.rctoys.. and that baby flies for a good 15 minutes. Super stable.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:52 PM
nedMX

yeh, but ive now read people are having problems with it at higher speeds cause the blades start clipping each other.

also, does anyone else have trouble getting onto the piccoz toolbox website cause it wont load for me.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:05 PM
taty

HI ! Ferndale thanks for your reply the fault was the tail rotor blade the pitch of the prop blade's was out, works not to bad now though it's had so many crashes it,s a bit the worse for wear now,might get another & keep this one for spares,thank's to you all for your time & help Taty.....
Old 11-26-2006, 07:52 PM
watchme169

The only mod I have done to my picco is putting one weight sticker on the nose and I made a pair of skids out of two pieces of carbon fiber from the landing gear on a blade cp. I taped these to the foam landing gear and put two of the little silicone bushings on the front of the skids. It flies great. Its a little touchy when you first take it off the charger and the tail needs to be trimmed, but I do it on the fly and it requires a little more trimming as the power goes down. Its not a problem if you have a big enough living room. I have had more fun with this thing chasing the dog than just about any other heli I've had. I have to give credit to it for toughness too. You can crash it hard and just throw it back up in the air and it flies perfect. Wow.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:17 AM
nedMX

is it possible to charge the battery from a lipo charger?

what are the specs of the battery and what should the settings on my charger be?
Old 11-27-2006, 09:39 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Monster, I moved because my Mom moved us to CA. This would be around 1978. My Dad still lives in Brownwood. I would have thought you got hold of a picoo sooner. Anyway, the only major mod I made is pictured one or two pages back. The sad part of that is that it was either a pre-production model, or a very early knock-off. Of course I had questions about it, especially when the vendor was removed from e-bay, but when I got some follow on birds and the packaging was as primitive I assumed they were the same. A good way to check if your picoo is legit is to see if you have 3 body components. Left & right body and the wing assy. Also silverlit is refering to the heli as the picoo z.

TATY, happy to be of some assistance. You can get replacement tail rotors for about 1.8 euro last I checked, from germany,(see last page). We can't get them here yet.

Tim

Monster, 1 page back second or third entry has my aeromod. Go back further and you'll find general directions to build a cockpit area around the guts and tail. Have fun, Tim
Old 12-08-2006, 06:48 AM
stryker-man

http://www.barend.org/silverlit%20pi...tm#pico%20mods

Simple, 2 pieces of tape and a piece of karton :-) We lost the 3 weights en now can fly figures :-)
When throtle down, hovering and landing is almost perserved like with not this mod.
Simplicity rules!
Old 12-08-2006, 08:58 AM
fastmax

I have been wanting to give that a try. I guess I didn't realize how simple of a mod it was. Thanks for the link.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.