Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 03:01 PM
ooosadface

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

ORIGINAL: Sneasle

ORIGINAL: ooosadface

Don't know if they're soldered or not, but you could always just hold the controller upside down!!

Considering it is IR, that might not be a good idea. Especially with a dark floor/dark clothing.
Hence the... ...
Old 02-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Tailrotor Joe

Hi, ooosadface

Attached is the latest vertical stab enlargement mod.....made with scotch tape....the total length of the vertical stab parallelogram is
~3"........even better yaw stability......responds noticeably better to left/right rudder commands.

Right off a fresh charge, while holding 1/2 to 3/4 right rudder, I can lift off without any spinning.......

I think you could take the paper off the tail boom up to where the paper vertical stab extends down, then use scotch tape
to enlarge to the ~3".....

Let me know how your works out..

Thx
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94865.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	631814  
Old 02-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Tailrotor Joe

Hi, ooosadface

Attached is a pic of unit #2, a yellow havoc = channel b

It is completely stock, except for the 3" scotch tape vertical stab enlargement mod and the nose weight screw....

Awaiting a full charge for the inital flight test....

Name:	Yw66621.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	631863  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:24 AM
ooosadface

Tailrotor Joe - Nice! You are definitely ahead of me! Attached are my vertical stab enlargement pics. Not quite as large as yours, but I did notice a huge difference in the stability. Also, I am sticking with the thumb tack over the windshield with this increased stability. I moved it further to the tip and got more forward motion and the vertical stab enlargement just gives it a major control boost. I now don't have to counter as much (if any) to stop the previous turn (i.e. - turn right and then a quick left burst so it doesn't rotate all the way around). Now it's just left and go forward or right and go forward!

Keep up the super work!

Name:	Zx72165.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	632081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81917.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	632082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86124.jpg
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	632083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo35733.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	632084  
Old 03-02-2007, 04:22 PM
}---O---{

I just picked up 2 AH Havoc Helis and can't wait to kitbash them, just to see how far you can manipulate these things....anticipation is killing me......
Old 03-02-2007, 05:21 PM
flyace

I picked one up too!!!

Name:	Kh17531.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	633103  
Old 03-02-2007, 11:47 PM
r/cheliman

Hey everyone! Been reading alot of your posts. I am interested in buying the picco z. I have an Axe CP that I can hover prtty good now. I what something I can fly in side while I'm waiting for the batteries for my larger heli. These new helis are amazing how small they are. Is The Picco Z worth the money. I now its only around $30 but I would rather buy a lipo battery than waste my money soif anyone has any commments I would greatly appriciate them.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:20 AM
}---O---{

The Havoc Heli is definately worth the entertainment factor. the are quite small. Read the previous threads to get an idea as to any issues/mods and you'll be happy with your purchase... I have 2, "A" and "C" channels and they are alot of fun chasing each other around the house...
Good luck and lots of fun.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:39 PM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: micro_builder

i'm in Washington right now visiting family. i had hoped that maybe radio shacks here would be carrying the PiccoZ here, since they wernt yet in Minnesota. well, today i finally made it to an RS, and low-and-behold, there they sat on the shelves. i almost did a little dance!

the heli and 8 batteries (only need 6 actually), came in at just over 40 bucks, which isnt bad at all. the heli is only 9.5 grams in weight, single stage gear reduction on its 6mm motor, with a 4mm motor in the back. the tail prop looks fantastic, i cant wait to stick one on one of my planes.

i dont have a camera on hand, but i'll take some pics when i get home this saturday. i can say right now though that its very stable. while in mid air, i have smacked it pretty hard with my hand and it flew across the room, then leveld out and retained stability. getting it trimmed and flying right is tricky, but not hard. it'll hover in place just fine, if you put it in a clockwise circle, it'll speed up, if you put it in a counter-clockwise turn it'll slow down, stop, then go backwards. very cool.

i can see a lot of ways to increase its stability and shed some weight, i'm anxious to get home and start modifiying it. plus, the electronics should work great in planes as well.

nick
my havoc wants to spin ccw I cant give it any more trim what can I do
Old 03-04-2007, 10:25 AM
}---O---{

There are so many things that you can do. First of all run the heli for a few and then try to trim it out. I've notice, by reading alot ot these threads, that a fully charged battery causes erratic operation. Also, upon take off, the unmodified heli will spin until the tail rotor matches speed with the main rotor. I put mine on a tether to trim it more easily, like a fly on a string.this method I found to work for several HH's. The member FERNDALE AIR FORCE has a lot of great and valuable threads that I learned alot from.
The key thing is to be patient and you'll be flying before long.
We're here to help...just ask.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:40 AM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: heliwabbit

There are so many things that you can do. First of all run the heli for a few and then try to trim it out. I've notice, by reading alot ot these threads, that a fully charged battery causes erratic operation. Also, upon take off, the unmodified heli will spin until the tail rotor matches speed with the main rotor. I put mine on a tether to trim it more easily, like a fly on a string.this method I found to work for several HH's. The member FERNDALE AIR FORCE has a lot of great and valuable threads that I learned alot from.
The key thing is to be patient and you'll be flying before long.
We're here to help...just ask.

@@@@@@@@HELI WABBIT MY HAVOC JUST WONT RESPOND TO THE RIGHT TRIM ANY MORE iM BRING IT BACK FOR ANOTHER
Old 03-04-2007, 05:33 PM
flyace

O.K...Maybe that is the better solution. Keep us posted, please.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:37 PM
}---O---{

I also believe that maybe your best course of action. Good luck.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:46 PM
suzonka

GOOD LUCK I HAVE ,THE STORE SOLD 7 HAVOCS SINCE FRIDAY, THEY GAVE ME FULL CREDIT BACK ON MY HAVOC, SO MY CHOICE IS, WHEN THE TRUCK COMES IN WEDS, WITH HAVOC'S AND REFLEX HEI'S SHOULD I GET ANOTHER HAVOC OR THE TRUER CONTROLABLE REFLEX ?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:01 PM
}---O---{

In my opinion, based upon all the threads I've read, the Havoc Heli is the one you'll get more fun for your buck with.
I wsh I were there to pick one up myself. by the way, pick a "b" or a "c" frequency. I heard "a's" can be troublesome.
Keep me posted, please.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:53 PM
suzonka

In my opinion, based upon all the threads I've read, the Havoc Heli is the one you'll get more fun for your buck with.
I wsh I were there to pick one up myself. by the way, pick a "b" or a "c" frequency. I heard "a's" can be troublesome.
Keep me posted, please.
QQQQQQQQQQQQQ
thanks the funny thing is mine was an A and it losts its ability to right trim .. so what do think about the REFLEX air hog heli,Ive heard good and bad? I thought I saw it on some shop and save site for $44.99
Old 03-04-2007, 08:25 PM
}---O---{

Like I said...Based on all the threads and having 2 of my own, I'd go with the Havoc.
ORIGINAL: suzonka

Keep me posted, please.
QQQQQQQQQQQQQ
thanks the funny thing is mine was an A and it losts its ability to right trim .. so what do think about the REFLEX air hog heli,Ive heard good and bad? I thought I saw it on some shop and save site for $44.99
Old 03-05-2007, 07:31 PM
cheese37

..... at least you guys are finding them in stores i cant find any at all[:@]
Old 03-05-2007, 08:34 PM
}---O---{

If I find another, I'll hook you up....
ORIGINAL: cheese37

Old 03-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Sneasle

You can order these from hobbypeople.net and from All e RC.

They both have them in stock for reasonable prices, about what you would pay retail. I can't comment on shipping though.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:38 PM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: cheese37

THEY HERE AGAIN http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/653008.asp $26.99
Old 03-05-2007, 09:41 PM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: flyace

O.K...Maybe that is the better solution. Keep us posted, please.
HI I THINK ILL GET ANOTHER ONE ANY WAY AT THIS PRICE $26.99
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/653008.asp
Old 03-05-2007, 09:42 PM
suzonka

$ 26.99==http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/653008.asp
Old 03-06-2007, 12:00 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hi All. I cannot get the picco z tool box to open. So I'm going to tell you Alexander's hinge axis mod from memory. I took a couple of pics, but I don't know if they will help. After the hing axis mod I will tell you about the sewing pins with beads, this one is new, and is a duh, why didn't I think of it. BTW, I did not come up with it a buddy did. As to tethering to get the balance right, that is what my buddy did. He was flying a gyrotor though.

Alexander's hinge axis mod: disconnect the 2 linkage rods from the top rotor. Push the pin that holds the top rotor out, being careful not to lose the pin. On the main rotor, you will notice that it pivots up and down on a single axis. Due to the vagaries of mass production the tolerance for the hinge can be compromised. Take a small phillips screwdriver and push down on this hinge pin. Push hard but do not twist. This should bring the tolerance back to the original spec. Go ahead and put your heli back together. You should have better control.

Tim

The beaded sewing pin mod I have not used yet, but it was given to me from a former air cav crew chief that I gave a heli to. Put one beaded sewing pin in each winglet, and one in the nose. All three should be as low as possible, especially the one in the nose. You can the adjust the balance by how far forward the bead is. I think I posted a pic of the heli without the foam a long time ago, so you might want to check for exact battery position. I do think however, that the 2 pins in the winglets are all that is truly necessary.

Tim

Name:	Rp44227.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	636095   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21132.jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	636096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14481.jpg
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	636097  
Old 03-06-2007, 12:19 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Thanks, heliwabbit, Tim

To get answers about the havoc heli vs picco z/ picoo z, assuming you don't believe it is a renaming of the same product, please check out silverlitflyingclub.com. Tim

Have Fun, Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.