Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 04:20 AM
cptCalavera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

Hi there. I have been roaming around here for a few days since i got my PiccoZ, wich by the way is called Picopter in some stores here in sweden.

One of my Piccos didnt fly good at all but I did a few mods mentioned here on this forum and now it flies almost perfectly. Im gonna put on a windshiel next and see if it improves even more. I also got a second Picco wiyhout any mods at all. This one flies really good in its original shape so that will be a fun one to start modding

Since I work in a small gadget-shop I get to buy the Picco for about $29 which is a rather nice price as I can tell from the posts here I also hope to be able to get a couple of free spare parts. Depends on if my HQ ships the broken piccos back to the manufacturerer or if they just throw them away. Answer is pending.

Anyways, thanks for all your posts. I never had any R/C-stuff at all, but after the picco and this forum I got a genuione interest in it
Old 03-06-2007, 04:30 AM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: cptCalavera

Hi there. I have been roaming around here for a few days since i got my PiccoZ, wich by the way is called Picopter in some stores here in sweden.

One of my Piccos didnt fly good at all but I did a few mods mentioned here on this forum and now it flies almost perfectly. Im gonna put on a windshiel next and see if it improves even more. I also got a second Picco wiyhout any mods at all. This one flies really good in its original shape so that will be a fun one to start modding

####################
Keep up the hobby its fun

Since I work in a small gadget-shop I get to buy the Picco for about $29 which is a rather nice price as I can tell from the posts here I also hope to be able to get a couple of free spare parts. Depends on if my HQ ships the broken piccos back to the manufacturerer or if they just throw them away. Answer is pending.

Anyways, thanks for all your posts. I never had any R/C-stuff at all, but after the picco and this forum I got a genuione interest in it
Old 03-06-2007, 05:49 AM
tdrake694

can anyone send me the link to the piccoz web site
thanks td
[email protected]
Old 03-06-2007, 07:15 AM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: tdrake694

can anyone send me the link to the piccoz web site
thanks td
[email protected]
[&o]HERES WHERE YOU GET BLADES AND ROTORS FOR THE HAVOC AND PICO Z

http://www.storesonlinepro.com/store...a7d5eb2d3c0992
Old 03-06-2007, 11:12 AM
johan340

I`ve done this mods. on my picopter .(1) take`d off the paper on the tail and cut off half the end(for wheight reduce and quicker turning.)
(2)put 1 small screw under the nose and i use the 3wieght`s as well.
(3)1 needle in front off the nose(acts like a bumper and a little more weight)
(4)on the top i used 2 needle`s 1 on each side of the main rudder(for stability)
(5)6mm behind the foam vings i put on a extra set vings in hard plastic.(for more forward speed and stability).i`m going to put the vings in to the bodie later

the things that i want to do more are:
(1)to change the battery to a larger one,(for more air time) Have anyone here done this?
(2) relocate the foam vings because its placed to far to the left so its about 3mm short on the right side.
(3) i want to make the main rudder to be still, it vibrate`s a lot. do anyone now what i can do about that?

ps. the picopter is the new version of the piccoz
Old 03-06-2007, 11:26 AM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: johan340

I`ve done this mods. on my picopter .(1) take`d off the paper on the tail and cut off half the end(for wheight reduce and quicker turning.)
(2)put 1 small screw under the nose and i use the 3wieght`s as well.
(3)1 needle in front off the nose(acts like a bumper and a little more weight)
(4)on the top i used 2 needle`s 1 on each side of the main rudder(for stability)
(5)6mm behind the foam vings i put on a extra set vings in hard plastic.(for more forward speed and stability).i`m going to put the vings in to the bodie later

the things that i want to do more are:
(1)to change the battery to a larger one,(for more air time) Have anyone here done this?
(2) relocate the foam vings because its placed to far to the left so its about 3mm short on the right side.
(3) i want to make the main rudder to be still, it vibrate`s a lot. do anyone now what i can do about that?

ps. the picopter is the new version of the piccoz
####################################Hi, johan340

Can you post csome pictures of the pin locations on your helicopter , those improvments sound good,thanks suzonka
Old 03-06-2007, 02:36 PM
cptCalavera

Im also trying to find out more ways to loose vibrations. I got rid of some vibrations on one of my piccos by cutting of a little of the main rotor blades as it is described earlier in this thread. On my other one it didnt help at all.

Actually that one has started vibrating more and more after a couple of crashes and I rally dont know how to fix it.

Also I discovered that my picos fly well when I test them at home but when I took them to work today they were really irratic, I think its becose of the bright lights we have in the shop.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:03 PM
r/cheliman

What is the difference between the picco z and the Havoc. Is there a difference in performance. I am looking for something to play around with in my house when I can't fly my larger heli. Which one is better.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:52 PM
}---O---{

ORIGINAL: r/cheliman

What is the difference between the picco z and the Havoc. Is there a difference in performance. I am looking for something to play around with in my house when I can't fly my larger heli. Which one is better.
The Picco Z and the Havoc Heli are made by Silverlit electronics.
If it don't say Silverlit on it.....don't buy it!
However, I did see an Air Hogs box that said on it "Spin Direct"...Don't know what that is about!?!?!?
Old 03-06-2007, 04:14 PM
r/cheliman

Thanks for the heads up, so thee is no difference.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:14 PM
googledperson

I thought havoc was by airhogs! Theya re the exact same heli tho
Old 03-06-2007, 04:18 PM
r/cheliman

All right cool just wondering because I can't find the picco z.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:24 PM
johan340

###################################Hi, johan340

Can you post csome pictures of the pin locations on your helicopter , those improvments sound good,thanks suzonka
I have one pic in my gallery,i have put on a ving in the front now as well,like a f-1 car it helps to get more control also to keep the nose down.
also the screw is burned in to the nose,just under the begining of the window ,it has been sad before, take a lighter and warm up a peace of metal and make a hole to put the screw in.

cptCalavera:
thats wha the rotor on mine vibrates, its after many crashes,.
I`trying to find a way to get ridoff it becous it makes so mutch noise. so if anyone got a tip for this pleas let us now
Old 03-06-2007, 05:20 PM
ooosadface

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Thanks, heliwabbit, Tim

To get answers about the havoc heli vs picco z/ picoo z, assuming you don't believe it is a renaming of the same product, please check out silverlitflyingclub.com.
http://www.silverlit-flyingclub.com/ - Their site is MUCH improved over the past months!!

Also, the fact that there was a name change 6 months ago (giver or take a few weeks) means that anyone trying to sell a PiccoZ instead of a PicooZ or Havoc Heli (Air Hogs name) is selling a knock off. I learned the hard way when my coworkers and I bought a three pack from Hobbytron. They were HORRIBLE... My new Air Hogs Havoc Heli from Wal-Mart is light years ahead (quality wise) from the knockoffs.

I encourage all the newcomers of this little heli to read this thread from the beginning!! Lots of great info from the users of time past!

ORIGINAL: heliwabbit

However, I did see an Air Hogs box that said on it "Spin Direct"...Don't know what that is about!?!?!?
I don't mean to drive this into the ground, but Silverlit changed the name of it to PicooZ see the 2 o's versus the 2 c's?? Anyone still selling a PiccoZ is selling a knockoff!! Read the site that FERNDALE AIR FORCE pointed to above...and specifically [link=http://www.silverlit-flyingclub.com/news.htm]this[/link]...
Old 03-06-2007, 05:30 PM
}---O---{

Thank you for clearing that up.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:27 PM
suzonka

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

HELIWABBIT Where is it stamped on the heli or the box??????[say Silverlit on it]
Old 03-06-2007, 07:50 PM
cheese37

Ok, I talked to my local "hobby people" shop and they have a shipment on the way and expect them any day now and they are holding one for me . Can't wait.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:22 PM
}---O---{

On the boxes I have seen, it was stamped on the lower right facing corner. It said "Spinmaster". sorry, I was sure it said "Silverlit"
ORIGINAL: suzonka

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

HELIWABBIT Where is it stamped on the heli or the box??????[say Silverlit on it]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30668.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	636870  
Old 03-06-2007, 10:19 PM
ooosadface

On the boxes I have seen, it was stamped on the lower right facing corner. It said "Spinmaster". sorry, I was sure it said "Silverlit"
@heliwabbit - Your all good! That is an original. Havoc Heli, www.airhogs.com (noted at the bottom of the box) and Spinmaster are all signs of it's originality! Spinmaster is a parent company (is that the right terminology??) of Air Hogs.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:53 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hi guys, I'm glad you are parsing out the real vs the fake. Someone asked for the picco z toolbox. I found a way to it today. My links no longer seem to work. OK, back up to the forum, electric indoor & micro rc. Click on the aeroace mods thread, on that thread you will find a bunch of links. Click on the link for the aatool box. once you get their, click on other tool boxes. You will see the picco z tool box. There is a lot of great info there.

Have fun, Tim
Old 03-07-2007, 03:18 AM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: PalmSizeHeliMan

ORIGINAL: Tommyr

ORIGINAL: Ed Couch

For what its worth, the little choppers are at Toys or Us at 29.95. Picked one up Saturday and have been flying it around office on and off all day. A lot of fun and bounces very well. Starting to show up at Radio Shack as well.

ed

I was just at my local Toys r us and they didn't have them, matter of fact they had FEWER RC planes than usual. No Aero Aces at all.

Tom
These helis are very limited in quantities, if you can't find them locally, you will find them for sure here. They are more money but guaranteed to have them and ships FAST!. Limited quantities so first come first served.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ say where do you get the very tiny heli thats in your logo picure????
Old 03-07-2007, 03:27 AM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: EvaderMaster

And it has all the dimensions here http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/...r/Product.html

[&:]@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
where o you get these smaller helis
Attached Images  
Old 03-07-2007, 09:19 AM
}---O---{

Hi guys, I'm glad you are parsing out the real vs the fake. Someone asked for the picco z toolbox. I found a way to it today. My links no longer seem to work. OK, back up to the forum, electric indoor & micro rc. Click on the aeroace mods thread, on that thread you will find a bunch of links. Click on the link for the aatool box. once you get their, click on other tool boxes. You will see the picco z tool box. There is a lot of great info there.

Have fun, Tim
Here's the link for the toolbox: http://www.piccoztoolbox.no-ip.com/
Old 03-07-2007, 12:21 PM
suzonka

Have fun, Tim
Here's the link for the toolbox: http://www.piccoztoolbox.no-ip.com/
thanks tim thats a good site there aren't any reviews on the Gyrator yet but I have seen it fly and its just as it says,[[[[When first taking off the Gyrotor stabilizes once out of ground effect. To start forward flight, perform a slight, slow turn to the right and the Gyrotor will begin to move forward. A rapid turn can produce much faster forward flight, so be aware of how much room you need]]]
Old 03-07-2007, 01:16 PM
johan340

Have anyone here attempt to change the battery to a size large`r?
my picopter is flying just as i want it to do, but the air time is much lower now because of all the weight in the nose : (.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.