Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 08:55 PM
dragonclass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

For some of you who don't look at RCGroups, here's my version of the Apache and Havoc. Since both can be considered having version 2 boards, they fly better at full charge and turn abit more responsive. Later, Brad
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46320.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	812941   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83910.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	812942  
Old 11-26-2007, 11:02 PM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: dragonclass

For some of you who don't look at RCGroups, here's my version of the Apache and Havoc. Since both can be considered having version 2 boards, they fly better at full charge and turn abit more responsive. Later, Brad
That's cool , but [1] whats a pin strip that crazychris46dividedby2 is suggesting to put on the blade for weights to balance???????

[2]In the picture you will see a different fly bar on this copter, have you ever flown the type

Name:	Sq47119.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	813111  
Old 11-26-2007, 11:53 PM
dragonclass

He might mean pin stripping tape for autos. Also, I've seen that type of micro from the Chenghai Toy Factory Association but haven't gotten to fly it. That's OK, you seem to be wondering about their products too, I'm still waiting on someone to respond on their battleset clones(along with others). I've been wondering if they're better/worse/compatable with the Air Hog Cobras(would be kind of crazy with several different sets going at it at the same). Fun times, Brad
Old 11-27-2007, 12:01 AM
suzonka

He might mean pin stripping tape for autos. Also, I've seen that type of micro from the Chenghai Toy Factory Association but haven't gotten to fly it. That's OK, you seem to be wondering about their produt too, I'm still waiting on someone to respond on their battleset clones(along with others). I've been wondering if they're better/worse/compatable with the Air Hog Cobras(would be kind of crazy with several different sets going at it at the same). Fun times, Brad
[:-] yes I'm very concerned about how the fly bar works out because its not the prop type
Old 11-27-2007, 12:32 AM
dragonclass

I'm pretty sure you can find a vid on one of their websites. Good luck, Brad
Old 11-27-2007, 01:12 AM
dragonclass

[link=http://www.china-toy-factory.com]Here's[/link] the link for the Toy China Factory. Like the other, they have several vids on micros with flight bars not blades. Check it out.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:40 AM
suzonka

[link=http://www.china-toy-factory.com]Here's[/link] the link for the Toy China Factory. Like the other, they have several vids on micros with flight bars not blades. Check it out.
thanks to trying that link dragonclass [>:]
Old 11-27-2007, 06:51 AM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: suzonka

thanks to trying that link dragonclass [>:]
his is the only toy I could find with the new blades a video, http://www.t8ys.com/images/657_3_t8ys.wmv

Name:	Qo39288.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	813249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67507.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	813250  
Old 12-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Neurotex

Balsa mod for the Havok. I used 8 sheets of 1/16" balsa laminated
together to form two halves. Then carved out the insides to fit the
frame, motor, board and lipo. Then cut the slot for the switch and
charging jack. Landing gear is piano wire with card stock pads.
Flys very well and stable mostly because of the extended landing
gear and some clear tape I added to the tail boom.
Thanks for all the info I got on this thread. I also had the counter
clock wise spinning problem but fixed it by lightly bending the tail
rotor blades.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:25 AM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

that looks really clean, neurotx, looks much better than stock. any idea of how much it weighs?.

i havent flown a picco/havoc in a looooong time, i should've picked one up when they were only 15 bucks!

nice work
nick
Old 12-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Neurotex

It weighed a little over 9 grams when I first tried it out with canards
on the nose. It was too quick for my living room and kept crawling the
walls and hitting the ceiling. Since then I added the wire landing gear
and stuck three of those foil stickers to the tail. It's much easier to
handle now but still moves forward pretty good. It now weighs 10.2.
After smacking into everything possible it's still hanging in there even
though I've gone through two rotors already.
There's a plan of it on the [link=http://www.piccoztoolbox.no-ip.com/]PiccoZtoolbox[/link]
Old 12-13-2007, 09:40 AM
MINSTRAL

I have just bought one of these helicopters. Crashed it onto next doors porch. no problem switched it off and back on again after it went into crash mode. It flew perfectly . following day i was flying it inside and it clipped the wall and now it wont switch back on or recharge. The light doesnt come on when i switch it on ........Help!!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 12-14-2007, 09:13 AM
MINSTRAL

Since my last post i have opened up my picoz and found the black battery wire has come loose. I cant see where it has come from!!

Could some one post a photo so i can reconnect it PLEASE!!

Minstral
Old 12-17-2007, 11:06 PM
classicmarble

I just bought a micogear ec10133 from frys on sale for $ 13.00. It has the stick-like fly bar that suzonka was talking about. The first picture. Anybody fly these?
Old 12-28-2007, 09:57 PM
rpfaucher1

Hi - hope it's ok to ask here... have had my Picco for quite some time now... been a real joy to fly around... lots of fun for a toy... but now, it won't get off the grown and kind of flops all around... long story short if I try and spin the main rotor by hand it seems to get "stuck" everynow and then... so, I took it apart... and yup, gets stuck... so am figuring either the main whit eplastic gear is worn/broke or its the tiny gear it meshes with? Anyone ever had this problem? Is it now shelfware?

I imagine if either of the gears is worn, not much you can do right?

I tried to look at both gears with a magnifying glass... coould not see any evidence of missing teeth on either gear.... but as small as thy are, who knows... all I know is if I turn it by hand, it gets stuck... any ideas?

Thanks either way folks... this little chopper rocks! Takes some practice... but I was at the point of flying figure 8's and actually having some decent control... nothing like my other chopper, but fun as all get out.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:44 AM
MR1978
My Feedback: (-1)

i just got one of the hughes 300 clones at a mall kiosk, and i love it, now i want more, but i can not find either piccoz, or the microgear ecoman so i just ordered the syma fairy after reading suzonka's post'

im exited!
Old 12-30-2007, 12:51 PM
chris1379

Look for an Air Hogs Havoc Heli at Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart, Toys'RUs, etc. It is the same as a PicooZ. I just got a Venom Micro Rescue and a Micro Flyer, which appear to be the same as the Syma. They tend to spin when turning left but this can be dealt with by using full right to come out of a left turn. The Havoc tail rotor with rounded instead of squared tips seems to fix this.

Chris
Old 01-01-2008, 11:05 AM
[email protected]

Hello,

I got a fairy/picco z/bell at the mall. I think it's defective, as after a short run the tail rotor stops and of course, if I was trying to fly it, it would be spinning like a top. I have airhogs havoc and reflex which work OK so I have some experience.

Any advice, ideas, fixups, replacement source, links, out their to deal with this?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-02-2008, 02:10 AM
chris1379

Just made a new discovery. The forward speed and tendency to spin CCW are greatly affected by the angle of the tail rotor relative to the boom. I know twisting the tail down will make it go forward faster but I mean twisting it so the front tip of the blade is closer to the boom. Hold your heli so you are looking down at it from the top. The tail rotor is parallel to the boom and the motor is perpendicular. If it won't move forward, twist the tail motor CCW so the frot tip of the blade is closer to the boom. You may have to wedge something between the motor and the mount. I used a small piece of a bread tie. Am I right?

Chris
Old 01-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Savage_Ninja

I recently bought a Air Hogs Havoc Heli, and am very disipointed. It was fun at first but it got to the point that it made me want to smash it. It always swung back and forth the a swing set. Full throttle it would go to the right and half throttle it went to the left. I tried many things and got no where.

So I was wondering if there is a 3, or 4 channel one out there yet, or simply a better heli for inside?
Old 01-06-2008, 07:53 PM
EvilE

ORIGINAL: Savage_Ninja

I recently bought a Air Hogs Havoc Heli, and am very disipointed. It was fun at first but it got to the point that it made me want to smash it. It always swung back and forth the a swing set. Full throttle it would go to the right and half throttle it went to the left. I tried many things and got no where.

So I was wondering if there is a 3, or 4 channel one out there yet, or simply a better heli for inside?
Try the Firefly--it is my favorite
Old 01-06-2008, 11:39 PM
RTice
My Feedback: (9)

I second the Firefly. Actually, the box says Havoc Stinger.

I tried several ecoman microgear micro helis over the weekend and returned both. The quality control sucks on the microgear copters.

The Havoc Stinger looks like an insect with compound eyes for the cockpit...the eyes glow too. Kinda hard to find though.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Garrett1234567

does anyone know of any plane mods for the havoc, i found one on piccoztoolbox.no-ip.com but it has no instruction. Any ideas would be helpful
Old 09-15-2008, 09:26 PM
JonnyJohnston

Here is the start of one of my Havoc's in Inventor.

Jonny

Name:	Pm35090.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	1034237  
Old 09-30-2008, 01:31 AM
vec

Hi,
after an upside down(!!!) crash the main rotor got stuck and was hard to turn by hand. I cut the model open and just put a little space between the gears and the rotor was turning freely again. But stupid me, while I was performing this task, it seemed that I pulled and cut the main rotor red cable, very very close to the motor! Since the cable was running out of the black cover of the motor and was not soldered on it, I had to "dig" on the plastic to get a slight view of a tiny piece of what was left of the cable. I soldered the cable in the whole that I dug on the motor's cover. I was very very lucky that it did work and the two pieces actually made contact!
rpfaucher1, try to pull the gears a bit apart and give space between the vertical axis of each other, but be careful with the cables!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.