Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Havoc Heli

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 07:37 PM
flyace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Havoc Heli

Just for kicks try to trim it the other way. See what happens. Make sure there is a full charge off fresh Xmitter batteries.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:49 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Suzonka, walls and ceilings cause a sort of vacuum effect and will pull the heli into them. The usual cause of spin is a hair behind the tail rotor. It makes just enough drag to mess up the flight characteristics.

Lawfree, BSD micro has a battery that is usually used in the aero aces, and similar airplanes. It is a 1 cell lipo at 100mah, I have not done this but have read about people replacing the stock battery with that one. I usually have some on hand but I'm short of them right now.

The air hogs Havoc Heli is the name that the Silverlit picco z, now picoo z, is sold under in this country. When they first came out, under the name picco z, RS and TRU had them. Another rc company(piccolo) sued silverlit to change the name. This resulted in a slow down of product because the packaging had to be changed to picoo z. It also demonstrated the appeal this heli has. If you buy a heli called the picco z, and it does not have the silverlit logo, you got a knock off. Some fly as good as or better than the original. Some don't.

Two trim tricks, I think these are posted on the picco thread, but I may have been negligent. The first is using the sewing pins with beads on them, bead forward, to help the balance. Put a pin in each winglet. This will allow you to adjust forward motion and turning balance. I hope that makes sense to you. You can add a pin in the nose as well, but check the battery location first. I think I posted pic's of the naked heli a while back. Think like the first ten pages.
another trick comes from the developer. It is called the wing axis mod, the dev goes by alexander. On the main rotor there is a steel pin that allows the rotor to rock. take a #0 phillips(small) and indent the rotor over the pin. This brings the tolerance closer to what the original was.

Lawfree, that other board is the crash sensor. If you crash hard it cuts everything off.

Tim
Old 03-03-2007, 09:53 PM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Suzonka, walls and ceilings cause a sort of vacuum effect and will pull the heli into them. The usual cause of spin is a hair behind the tail rotor. It makes just enough drag to mess up the flight characteristics.

Lawfree, BSD micro has a battery that is usually used in the aero aces, and similar airplanes. It is a 1 cell lipo at 100mah, I have not done this but have read about people replacing the stock battery with that one. I usually have some on hand but I'm short of them right now.

The air hogs Havoc Heli is the name that the Silverlit picco z, now picoo z, is sold under in this country. When they first came out, under the name picco z, RS and TRU had them. Another rc company(piccolo) sued silverlit to change the name. This resulted in a slow down of product because the packaging had to be changed to picoo z. It also demonstrated the appeal this heli has. If you buy a heli called the picco z, and it does not have the silverlit logo, you got a knock off. Some fly as good as or better than the original. Some don't.

Two trim tricks, I think these are posted on the picco thread, but I may have been negligent. The first is using the sewing pins with beads on them, bead forward, to help the balance. Put a pin in each winglet. This will allow you to adjust forward motion and turning balance. I hope that makes sense to you. You can add a pin in the nose as well, but check the battery location first. I think I posted pic's of the naked heli a while back. Think like the first ten pages.
another trick comes from the developer. It is called the wing axis mod, the dev goes by alexander. On the main rotor there is a steel pin that allows the rotor to rock. take a #0 phillips(small) and indent the rotor over the pin. This brings the tolerance closer to what the original was.

Lawfree, that other board is the crash sensor. If you crash hard it cuts everything off.

Tim
I dont get the inent on the rotor ,could you give me a drawing or picture thanks .mine keeps wanting to go ccw and all the right trimm is to its limits ,no hairs in the rotor what can I do what about a larger tail
Old 03-04-2007, 02:43 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Suzonka, is your tail rotor bent? Has your heli ever flown correctly? The tail rotor shold be an even line on the back side, the side closest to the tail boom. The center rises should be pointed away from the tail boom. You mentioned earlier that you had discovered the wall phenomenom, that is why I'm focused on a bent or twisted tail rotor. You could install your spare tail rotor and see if that helps. Tim
Old 03-04-2007, 05:05 AM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Suzonka, is your tail rotor bent? Has your heli ever flown correctly? The tail rotor shold be an even line on the back side, the side closest to the tail boom. The center rises should be pointed away from the tail boom. You mentioned earlier that you had discovered the wall phenomenom, that is why I'm focused on a bent or twisted tail rotor. You could install your spare tail rotor and see if that helps. Tim
Hi Tim , I checked and the Boom is straight and from the back and the rudder going down towards the ground is straight, picked up a hint on a thread from pico z, its the same copter . I put a piece of packing tape about 1 inch wide on the rear rudder , now its more direct where you point it.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Dave ESPI

just got an airhog havoc. I followed instructions, but the main rotor died, and never got up to full power. Is my battery dead eventhough it said it was charged when the green light went off on the initial charge ?

Frustrated it has not even gotten lift off out of my hand the tail motor has full response, and it is odd how the rotor started to spool up, then just kinda quit.

I Called spinmasters, they said they have not heard of this problem, so I gave them the production code from the bottom of the heli, and luckily, they warnteed the heli for me

The down side, is that it still does not work, and will be a 4-6 week backorder for the replacement heli to come to me.

Gah !

SO, anyone know how to take this apart and get inside of it ? I want to check for loose wire perhaps ? try recharging it? could the TX batteries be low and the heli not respond if such ?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 PM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

just got an airhog havoc. I followed instructions, but the main rotor died, and never got up to full power. Is my battery dead eventhough it said it was charged when the green light went off on the initial charge ?

Frustrated it has not even gotten lift off out of my hand the tail motor has full response, and it is odd how the rotor started to spool up, then just kinda quit.

I Called spinmasters, they said they have not heard of this problem, so I gave them the production code from the bottom of the heli, and luckily, they warnteed the heli for me

The down side, is that it still does not work, and will be a 4-6 week backorder for the replacement heli to come to me.

Gah !

SO, anyone know how to take this apart and get inside of it ? I want to check for loose wire perhaps ? try recharging it? could the TX batteries be low and the heli not respond if such ?
hI dAVE i HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE THING KEEPING SPINNING TO THE RIGHT i JUST BROUGHT IT BACK TO TOYS R US AND THEY ARE GOING TOCALL ME WHENTHE NEXT TRUCK COMES IN ,i WOULD JUST BRING IT TO A LOCAL STORE THAT CARRIES IT AND GET AN EXCHANGE .
Old 03-05-2007, 09:35 PM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: suzonka

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

Gah !

hI dAVE i HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE THING ITS KEEPING SPINNING TO THE RIGHT i JUST BROUGHT IT BACK TO TOYS R US AND THEY ARE GOING TO CALL ME WHEN THE NEXT TRUCK COMES IN ,i WOULD JUST BRING IT TO A LOCAL STORE THAT CARRIES IT AND GET AN EXCHANGE .
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/653008.asp $26.99 hAVOC PICCO Z
Old 03-05-2007, 11:17 PM
mkras

Help!!! This thing is a blast to fly!!!! My kids took it away from me and won't give it back [:@] When I did get it back, I had an encounter with a stair rail and broke the main roter blade. [] Any place to get a replacment main rotor? BTW the push pin in the nose works great.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:15 AM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: mkras

Help!!! This thing is a blast to fly!!!! My kids took it away from me and won't give it back [:@] When I did get it back, I had an encounter with a stair rail and broke the main roter blade. [] Any place to get a replacment main rotor? BTW the push pin in the nose works great.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

PARTS FOR HAVOC AND PICO Z http://www.storesonlinepro.com/store...a7d5eb2d3c0992
Old 03-06-2007, 03:44 PM
ooosadface

ORIGINAL: suzonka

ORIGINAL: mkras

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

PARTS FOR HAVOC AND PICO Z http://www.storesonlinepro.com/store...a7d5eb2d3c0992
Careful to those thinking of buying the three pack here, these are a knockoff. I don't recommend them. My coworkers and I got the three pack from Hobbytron 2.5 weeks ago and only one is still flying (not nearly as well as our Air Hogs Havoc Heli's, though)
Old 03-10-2007, 02:35 AM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

Here is a link to some Havoc videos for any that is interested.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EGjl4D6zPM&mode=related&search=]Hia Hogs Havoc[/link]
Old 03-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Dave ESPI

ok, so I'm an idiot. [:@] I woke up the other morning, and it dawned on me.....

I put in 6 rechargeable batteries. They are 1.2 volts each.

.....Alkaline batteries are 1.5 volts.

See where I'm going with this ?

* The lower voltage was not transmitting all my inputs to the heli.

I replaced the rechargeables, and the heli flew just fine.

Oh and it's quite fun
Old 03-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Maxit

I thought others might like some decent photos of what the Havoc Heli (unmodified) guts look like. So took the time to take some good clear photos. These might help in those wondering where the Li-Po battery is located, or other guts are so you can careful slice the body apart for fixes or modifications. If you do decide to slice body do use a NEW SHARP exacto blade.
This one was torn apart which was my first Havoc Heli. I found from smacking ceiling once to many times that the pin pushed the rotor main large gear up off the bearing/bushing and allowing the rotor to have a nasty wooble/vibration at low RPM. In trying to push the gear back down I broke the center hub in that gear.

Anyone got a parts heli and wouldnt mind sending me just the main rotor gear?
Just place gear in cardboard on each side of gear, put in envelop and what is it now 39 cent stamp? Please?

Well here are photos of dah guts!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60071.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	641081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk27724.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	641082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78152.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	641083  
Old 03-12-2007, 09:38 PM
merdan

So how many mm is the battery behind the very tip of the nose?
Old 03-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Lawfree

Thanks for the sharp pix. Yes, it does appear that smacking the rotors into stuff doesn't help anything. I notice that the small drive gear
for the motor is a little "buggered-up" on mine. I have not been able to source any new plastic gears yet although I think I may be able to get them out of Hong Kong but that will make them VERY expensive plastic. If some one know of a source for these it would help many here I'm sure. I work on computer and the suggestion that these gears can be found in CD rom drives has not "panned out." I've torn down as many as 30 pcs and not found any with gears that small.
I have found a really nice LiPo battery pack that is only slightly longer than the original and does include the protection circuit PCB (comes with longer leads attached) as found on the original. The Batt PKG is 70mAh over the stock 50mAh battery. I don't have a scale sensitive enough to weight the difference but it should not be much and there is room in the foam body to push it back a little to adjust the CG. I'm waiting on parts for doing the bearing CF shaft mod and will let you know how it works out.
I've been told these come with a "crash sensor" of some type but I can find no device like this in my Havoc heli. Can someone confirm this?
You can order these from http://www.all-battery.com for @ $10 US. Fast service but you must send them a safety usage form before they can ship.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Maxit

For the one that asked about the distance from nose to li-po battery. Its 5/8 of a inch.

I saw in one of the links in the Picoz for parts and i viewed site. Its has a 130mah li-po bat.
http://xufo-shop.de/sess/utn;jsessio...iew.shopscript
But I cant read german.

As for the "Crash Sensor" its if you crash and still have throttle up where the rotor is blocked up against something. It will cut power and until throttle is returned to neutral position for a few moments to reset. Then it will come back on.

I've searched the web and about every site I could find for hours and hours trying to find the gear. Even the main site Silverlite.com doesnt seem to have these parts available. But does have main rotor blades and tail rotors available.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Maxit

Here are the rest of the photos. Didnt have time to upload all earlier.
Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63482.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	641190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69173.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	641191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49447.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	641192   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45934.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	641193  
Old 03-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Lawfree

I've checked out that web page before. If you need to Translate a web page use http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/babelfish/tr

The bigger the Battery the more it is going to weigh and then you are going to run into limitations of of what youR stock controller can properly re-charge. The 70mAh LiPo is just slightly longer than stock and should weight just a slight amount more. I'll have to wait until my mods are finished to fly it, but I soldered in the battery already. It charged nicely from the BATT PAK/ Controller and I can already tell the motors have more "kick" than before.
OK, makes sense. The protection board cuts the power out at the BATT when it senses too much current draw (i.e motors not free to turn).
You should be able to get your gear here. The is no pix but I assume the main gear is the big one (just my luck I need the small one but I imagine it comes with the motors). Price is reasonable but s & H is high.

http://www.rc-fever.com/picoo-z-parts-c-148.html

hope this helps............

LAWFREE
Old 03-13-2007, 01:32 AM
Maxit

Helps alot......really appreciate the reply. I was just sitting here still searching when I got Your email reply to post.

Again thanks for the heads up! Appreciated!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:39 AM
Lawfree

Go ahead and check that link out and let us know what you think. I was thinking, if you were going to order from there, you might post on HERE 1st and see if others might want to go in together. This would sure help on the shipping!

like later,
LAWFREE
Old 03-13-2007, 01:51 AM
Maxit

Already looked at site. Added to "CART" two gears, main rotor and with shipping was 14 in parts and almost 8 bucks shipping. Can get a whole new one for that money. Seems purchase prices in US have gone down alot on the whole unit.

One thing I did see while in my search for those that follow this thread. The site http://www.3deshop.com sells now just the PicooZ without transmitter listed at USD $25.00. But again in US can get the whole plane for 26.99 plus shipping.

Weird how I looked for weeks to find anything on Havoc Heli's. Had no idea they were Silverlite/picooz. Now all of a sudden to day I found all this info and been reading all day.

MY EYES! MY EYES!......... Need to find the twins and sooth them. (. )( .)
Old 03-13-2007, 02:00 AM
Lawfree

Very good.

BTW, where can you buy Real Air Hogs or PicooZ's NEW for $26.99 ?
You've gotta be careful too
I just got my "Genuine Blue Havoc Heli" thru Amazon

Company shipped cheap SYMA counterfeit
Not sure, but I believe Internet Fraud is the same as
Mail Fraud if both sides of the transaction orig. in the US

Any lawyers out there? lol
Old 03-13-2007, 02:03 AM
Maxit

Well this is a true Spinmaster havoc heli

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/653008.asp

Cant beat it I think!
Old 03-14-2007, 07:55 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay....I am going to let the Videos do all the talking......!!!!

http://media.putfile.com/Indoor-Lunc...g-Hovac-Heli-1

http://media.putfile.com/Indoor-Lunc...Flying-Hovac-2

http://media.putfile.com/Indoor-Lunc...Flying-Havoc-3

http://media.putfile.com/Indoor-Lunc...-Hovac--CX-2-4

http://media.putfile.com/E-Flite-CX-...or-RC-Flying-1

http://media.putfile.com/PicooZ-Indoor-Flight-2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.