Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

New bjcraft epilogue

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 03:46 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

For anyone looking to add an active canalyzer, Rombaut RC offers one for the airframe (no affiliation)

Old 02-21-2022, 12:34 PM
FLYERSG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

J-P: Quote "BJ read on RCU I had just 3 air exits on each side of the fuselage, and holes in the tail post.

He recommend to have more air exits, a tenth of holes underneath the fuselage."

Did you add any additional air exit holes either on the fuselage side or the bottom per BJ's advice?

Mike
Old 02-21-2022, 02:01 PM
J-P
My Feedback: (1)

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

No , never had temperature problems.

I have to say that the Adverrun single drive runs cool.

Cooling seems to be ok and enough in summer days.

Old 02-24-2022, 04:48 PM
tgilkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glen --

Nice job on the Epilogue ARC build. Did yours come with a foam "ladder" to stiffen the rear half of the fuselage sides? I couldn't tell from the pictures. I am doing an Epilogue ARC also and have seen a mix of ladder/no ladder. Mine did not have one at all. Easy enough to make if needed. What is your opinion? Others too -- if they have a take on it.

Thanks, Tom
Old 02-24-2022, 06:15 PM
rcprecision
My Feedback: (6)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Tom,

Mine did not come with a ladder. Based on the experience of the Invitation G2 ARC I've been flying since June 2019 which does not have a ladder. I felt it was not needed in the Epilogue as well. However the area behind the rudder servo bulkhead where the rear wing pin is located I did add a foam board cross piece (small ladder) to support the fuse sides. This stiffened the sides to prevent the sides from bowing when mounting the wings onto the fuselage. I did this to both planes.

here's the foam support in the Invitation I mentioned...

Last edited by rcprecision; 02-24-2022 at 06:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
wattsup (02-24-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 03:35 PM
FLYERSG

J-P: I noticed in your photos that with your Wixie at zero degrees when placed across the stab carbon tubes, your wing was sitting at plus .7 degrees. Was that .7 degrees measured after you installed and adjusted the Gator incidence adjusters? I'm finishing up my Epilogue V2 and I measure 1.4 degrees positive incidence in the wing with the stab at zero. I haven't yet installed the wing adjusters but am just using the pre positioned holes in the fuselage for the wing alignment pins. I would have thought that the stock wing alignment position would be right at .7 degrees.

Mike
Old 03-12-2022, 04:36 AM
J-P
My Feedback: (1)

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

After a few flights, 240 to 245 mm seems to be an optimum CG with a wing incidence close to 1°

I didn't checked the factory settings

JP

[/QUOTE]
Old 03-12-2022, 05:52 PM
FLYERSG

Originally Posted by FLYERSG
J-P: I noticed in your photos that with your Wixie at zero degrees when placed across the stab carbon tubes, your wing was sitting at plus .7 degrees. Was that .7 degrees measured after you installed and adjusted the Gator incidence adjusters? I'm finishing up my Epilogue V2 and I measure 1.4 degrees positive incidence in the wing with the stab at zero. I haven't yet installed the wing adjusters but am just using the pre positioned holes in the fuselage for the wing alignment pins. I would have thought that the stock wing alignment position would be right at .7 degrees.

Mike
Thanks for the information. Mine is sitting at .8 degrees right now. I'll start there. I still need to install the flight pack battery tray. Once that's done, it will ready for a test flight.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:21 AM
jjldk

Hi All.
Need a little help.
Can anyone tell me the brand and color code/name of the orange and gray/silver cover used on the Epilogue. ?
I'm trying to make the topwing-brake and need some extra film/cover.

Thanks in advance

/Jens
Old 10-13-2022, 09:25 AM
FLYERSG

After an individual at the flying field fell on my new Epilogue and crushed the right wing panel, I decided to attempt a repair while waiting to receive a new wing panel from BJ Craft. However, when it came time to replace the iron on covering, I couldn't find a color match. I emailed BJ Craft and found out that the orange film they use is manufactured in China and not available in the US. Some folks thought that Ultracote was a match but it isn't. Consequently, I decided to do something a bit different. See attached photo. The orange I used is Ultracote but even though it's a different shade of orange, it still looks OK because there isn't much of it on the wing.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:22 AM
jjldk

FLYERSG. Thank you very much for the info.
I think Ultracote/Oracover orange will be ok, it is just for the covering the gap.

/Jens