Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Eclpse 7 blade cp

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Eclpse 7 blade cp

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 10:50 PM
sbsisco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclpse 7 blade cp

Well,
I had no luck in the forums finding specifics on anyone using the ever popular Eclipse 7 (which I use on all my nitros). So, I went out and bought the blade cp just to see what the micro craze was all about. Let me start by saying there is no way I would want to fly any heli w/o the ability to tweek my settings (as is the case with the included radio) and as of day one - this is all I had to do to get in a hover with my eclipse 7.

1. Modelselect---120deg heli and dialing in the channel w/ myspectra module
2. a. swash 1 +70
b. swash 2 +70
c. swash 6 +70
3. Throttle and pitch (at this point) 0/25/50/75/100
4. Hold @ -25
5. Channels 1,3,4,5,7 normal...2&6 reversed
6. Endpoints on the top of 1,2, and 6 at 72 to eliminate servo noise....low sides @ 100%

the safety light wouldn't go green w/o me setting up my throttle hold to -25 and flipping the switch into that position....already my habbit for nitro safety starting.

Obviously, this is just the begining so I'll ad more as I begin to fine tune myset up for looping under my vaulted cealing...happy winter heli flying indoors!!!
Old 11-12-2005, 08:47 AM
oneslim
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Eclpse 7 blade cp

sbsico

I've had a Blade CP for a couple months, total noob to RC and heli's. Can hover left and right, not nose in. Balsa Products has the Eclipse 7 on sale. Is this all i need to use with the Blade CP? Is this a good deal?

Thanks oneslim

http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/trans...ductId=S376330
Old 11-12-2005, 09:52 AM
sbsisco

I've been using the one with the spectra module in the back that allows u to dial in any channel u want. So if u bought just the normal FM transmitter I'd say that the Blades crystal would fit and you'd be fine. The crystal in my factory radio (from the blade) looks like all the hitec ones I've seen -- but keep in mind I haven't had to try it this way. I just dialed in channel 52 on the spectra, made a few settings and everything worked perfect.

Doing it this way is by far better. I've now got complete control of my expo, tr & pitch curve, swash settings, revo mixing (which corrects all the problems I ready others are having with rudder) not to mention the Eclipse 7 has two user patches that will allow me to slave any servo to any other servo I choose to set as a master. I haven't used this feature much w/ helis...but I am using it with a P51 mustang to even out my knife edges. This radio has everything I'd need and it was cheap....what more can you ask for.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:09 PM
DarkWombat

The Eclipse 7 is actually quite a nice radio. It's not very expensive, you can get it for about $200 with the Spectra module (radio only though), but I still remember seeing this thing when a guy with no heli experience brought in a T-Rex that he had helihobby build for him and he ordered that radio. I looked at the darn thing and my brain farted. There's so many switches and buttons and doomaflatchers...I took a look at his manual to at least TRY to get to CCPM mixing and get his radio partially set up. No luck...there wasn't even a spot in the manual that described how to use the Spectra to dial in the proper channel!

Needless to say, there is a learning curve with that radio. It looks like a very capable TX, but I don't see why Hitec has to make it SO COMPLICATED. My JR6102 is such a breeze to use...it has like 2 features less than the Eclipse but it's worlds easier to use.....

But anyways, if you DO want to get a Blade and you don't want to have to deal with going separates (new receiver, gyro, speed controls) to use an after-market TX, then the Hitec/Futaba radios seem like your best bet. Since the receiver there is negative shift, a JR or Airtronics radio will not work using the stock 4-in-1 control unit.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:45 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

I found the programming on my eclipse 7 to be very easy. On the other hand, I used an older JR computer radio and found it needlessly complicated to setup
Maybe this stuff comes easier to me because i'm technologically minded.

Either way, I love my eclipse 7. It does everything I could possibly want and more. My only real gripe is the lack of a native 90 degree eCCPM swash support, and even then, it's only a minor gripe, since you can use the programmable mixers to make a 90 degree swash anyways.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:48 PM
helidreamer-RCU

Sorry to stray from sbisco's original topic, but i have a Honey bee CP2 and my antenna broke for the TX. I am also into nitro helis and have an Airtronics RD8000 Tx. I was wondering whether a little swap with the crystals could allow me to control my HBCP2 with my RD8000. Is taht all there is too it or am I missing something?
Old 11-13-2005, 01:09 AM
sbsisco

I must ad,
It was very easy for me to get thru the learning curve w/ the eclipse and it will shift positive or negative. Thats what sold me on this one. I'm a Futaba guy (7C) who went to a 8103 that I sold on ebay to end up with this radio that controls every reciever I own...even a Parkzone piper cub. The manual and the internet will get a guy thru anything with a little patience. I'll also add that tonight I found it necisary to bump my end points back to all 100% settings to keep good cyclic and with a little luck I'll be inverted over the wifes kitchen table tomarrow night.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:48 PM
oneslim
My Feedback: (1)

This one at http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/trans...ductId=S376330
is a Tx, Nicad battery, charger, and the spectra module. All for $160. the catch is, it's a 'overstock' sale that is OUT OF STOCK!

sbsisco, will You post all the settings when Your'e done?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:59 PM
sbsisco

Yes,
I've progressed to using the wife's coffee table as my heli pad and can easily return to it (Thabk God for vaulted ceilings) with the following settings

1.120 swash in the master menu
2.End points all at 100%
3.All 3 swash settings at the default +70 %
4.no revo mixing---adj it w/ the 4-n-1 for now
5.pitch curve for left switch towards rear of Tx. (my normal hover setting) 1-50%/2-InH/3-75%/4-Inh/5-100%
a. pitch for left switch in 2nd position---1-35%/2-50%/3-75%/4-Inh/5-100%
6.Throttle curves--normal--1-0%/2-30%/3-55%/4-80%/5-100%
b.Pitch for 2nd left switch setting...1-75%/2-30%/3-50%/4-80%/5-100%
7 Right idle hold must be set to -25 and used (flipped toward front of tx) after hooking blades battery up to engage saftey settingon the 4-n-1. Than flip toward back of tx and u've got power to fly. (once the gren light on 4-n-1 stays solid.

Note: I'm no expert--yet, and I'd love to learn something from anyone else who's doing the same thing. I have the same troubles as a lot of others out there. Every flight starts with an over powering tail rotor which ends up whimping out at the end of the batteries charge and I'm still fighting a little instability w/ the altitude in hover....but nothing I consider to be bad....I can still get it back to the coffee table in one piece---so it'swell worth the money (compared to my Hawk and raptor that I'm still scared of breaking)