Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Night Ranger 3D Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Night Ranger 3D Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Nitrofever3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Night Ranger 3D Gallery

CRASH!!!!! lol i crashed trying to do 360's just with the tail i did like 3 or 4 perfect and then i tried 2 360's in a row and ended up side in left then wham right against the wall.I guess ill have to wait for parts and get a lil better at side in lol It was great though.Now that i think about it i would of been able to prevent the crash but it just happened to fast and not enough room to work with.Damn the garage!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 01:11 AM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just broke the ball off one of the little arms on the see saw, but I had another good arm, and was able swap it out. Thankfully, I was able to remelt the stud to hold the retainer on. A little tape on the blade tips, checked the blade tracking, and paddle spacing and angle, and already have another practice run down with the remainder of the charge I crashed on. I got real lucky that time !!! I don't have another see saw... Oh, and I had to reset the head block too. Spins smooth as butter, just like before... I gotta calm down a bit and take it easy before I break something I ain't got. Dennis (professional crash pilot)
Old 01-28-2006, 02:09 AM
freeonthree

Well folks, my new VNR3D is beginning to look like hell. This is the fourth set of blades, and now it could use a new cowling. It's amazing how easy it is to make em look like new again with just a few parts. It's a Ranch Chopper for now. LOL
Old 01-28-2006, 02:10 AM
freeonthree

OOPS, I forgot the picture...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71946.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	396785  
Old 01-28-2006, 02:54 AM
Nitrofever3D

nice blade mine is about the same but i used CA and paper towel and it looks a lil better.The only weird thing i did a couple of min ago was put one of the blades facing the way its supposed to go and the other one the wrong way but it still flew[sm=confused.gif]
Old 01-28-2006, 02:56 AM
freeonthree

Did it vibrate at all ??? Wow !!!
Old 01-28-2006, 02:57 AM
Nitrofever3D

http://www.rcuniverse.com/mvp/videolink.cfm?postid=1025 [X(]
Old 01-28-2006, 03:00 AM
Nitrofever3D

it didnt thats the wierd thing
Old 01-28-2006, 03:13 AM
freeonthree

That guy is amazing !!! I saw a video of a guy named Krause (I think). He did alot of the same moves. That is truely unbeleivable !!!
Old 01-28-2006, 03:35 AM
Nitrofever3D

http://www.rcuniverse.com/mvp/videolink.cfm?postid=1026 here is my vid
Old 01-28-2006, 03:37 AM
Nitrofever3D

http://www.rcuniverse.com/mvp/videolink.cfm?postid=1027 this is the right one sorry
Old 01-28-2006, 04:01 AM
freeonthree

Your way ahead of me !!! Goin out now for 1 last run tonite. Back in a few...
That was some impressive hoovering there... I can only dream...
Old 02-01-2006, 02:17 AM
Nitrofever3D

in the 4-1 wich way is + and - on the gyro mine seems to be out of tune when i start to run out of battery or i just put a fresh batterie i have have to set trim on the TX for the tail.When fresh it has too much power then when low it dont hold the tail from goin right.I dont get it im lost?!?!?!?!?
Old 02-01-2006, 02:29 AM
freeonthree

Mine changes with battery drain too. I just touch the trim up as needed while practicing.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Nitrofever3D

Here is todays flight was planing on doing a loop put my batt died.I think it was beacause of a good reason Cant wait to get lipos.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74894.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	399661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95616.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	399662   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37418.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	399663  
Old 02-01-2006, 02:51 AM
Nitrofever3D

http://media.putfile.com/NR3D-close-call the name says it all
Old 02-01-2006, 03:19 AM
freeonthree

Holy cow !!! That was close !!! I just moved my servo links to the inner holes to slow down the quickness. It's helped alot, but it is still considerably quicker than the sim heli's. I can almost control it now. Just a little more practice should do it. It was crazy before !!!
Old 02-01-2006, 03:34 AM
Nitrofever3D

Yeah.U see me now just hovering with no prob but the first day i got mine i whent outside thinking it was gona be a breeze and powered up and the collective was sticking and it just shot up and i didnt know what to do and i almost took my gf out but i was smart enough to power down.I rather total the heli than hurt my gf
Old 02-01-2006, 03:44 AM
freeonthree

Are you still on the center holes of the servo arms ???
Old 02-01-2006, 03:57 AM
freeonthree

I have done an inspection of the rotor head, and I have found that there is quite a bit of play in everything. I think that the freeplay is causing delays in my stick inputs, and causing my heli to be less precise in the controls. All the simulator heli's fly like dreams compared to my Night Ranger 3D. It's very slopy and hard to control...
Old 02-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Nitrofever3D

Im still on stock setup on everything.I did move them but my swash was binding more so i when with the stock setup.Just a reminder dont fly outside with wind mine has a tendency to pick up altitude and even if u power down it keeps goin and then it just drops and it goes out of control ive done it a couple of times and did recover because i was high enough.I havent flown out side with wind ever since.About the play mine has alot of play on the everything above the blades u can grab the paddles and rock them back and side to side and everything moves up there ive tried everything but nothing seems to work also make sure your bearing closes to the blade fully sit or you will have problems with your grip woobling around on the shaft use a screw driver big enough to not go through the bearing so u can push it in to place.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:24 PM
freeonthree

No slop in the blade grips to head block, but blade pitch has tons of freeplay. Also, the servo's are not very solidly mounted, and there's a considerable amount of slop in the servo shafts. No wonder im always crashing...
Old 02-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Nitrofever3D

Here is one for the book ur gona laugh im fixing it right now. http://media.putfile.com/NR3D-crash-inocent-by-standers in order to see it u have to pause it and play with the slider.I was trying a loop dindnt work though Here is before the loop http://media.putfile.com/NR3D-next-step
Old 02-01-2006, 10:32 PM
freeonthree

It looked to me like something broke after you pulled up. It went vertical, then lost control, and dropped like a rock. Did I see that right ???
The other clip was cool... if I were you though, I would stop trying to do stunts, and just concentrate on flying and landing.
I would love to see a landing, coming back from a flight. What got broke in the crash ???
Mines on the charger right now. Im trying to calm down it's personality a little. It is still too wild for me. Maybe about 1/4 lb out at each flybar paddel. LOL I have a couple of small nuts I could try on there. May be worth a try, but first, im trying to do it with pitch, slowing down the head speed. It is getting better... What positions are your PZT and PLT knobs at ? Mine are both at 10:30 approx right now. And are your pitch links still at the center holes of the servo arms ??? Dennis
Old 02-02-2006, 01:15 AM
Nitrofever3D

Nothing broke when u saw it come down it was just goin to slow and it was my first time trying to do the loop i was reading the manual and it said fff and i was goin to slow and it was in normal flight.The damage was bent frame it looks like a wave at the front end,flybar one of the sides was formed in to an L bent it back,the see saw one of the arms broke off,main shaft was a lil bent,and one of the blades has a lil chip on it fix that too with some CA.Its almost all together right now i have to wait for the CA to dry i will finish it tomorrow.About the knobs mine the PLT one is at the second dot to the right from the middle and the PZT is at the first dot to the left.They will be different from your because i have my PLT so my blades are some what leveled and so i have some lift when the ccpm is not activated.I also do different setting with it for when i switch to 3D.Your will be different beacause it depends on how your swash and links are set.The links are still in the middle holes it works fine for me thats were i learnd to fly i must say it is really really responsive.I can fly and land well but what gets me is when i try new things i can fly forward backward and some side in.Today was a lil nose in like u saw in the vid and some wips right and the new one left wich u will see on the vid wich it was very stable i think.What ended my day was the "Loop" wich was even close to one it was more like look up and Whamm.LOL.Well im off.Good luck!

Here is two more videos of today http://media.putfile.com/NR3D-tail-whips http://media.putfile.com/NR3D-High

NOTE to self wont try no more loops till i know how to do them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.