Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 01:36 PM
billmay
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

ORIGINAL: dknovick

ORIGINAL: JonBrown

thanks for the welcome and the advice but i am bummed because noone in the country has the recievers in stock so i am goin to have to wait forever it seems so i might just buy a "backup" F40. is there a way to get different frequencies so you can fly 2 falcons at once?
Both the transmitter and receiver have crystals which you can replace/change. I would *think* you would be able to change the crystal to change the channel.

I'm not at home, but for anyone who is near their heli, what does the crystal say?
Mine says it's 72.790. Both USHobby and HeliDirect show the crystals with that same number in their parts photos.

Bill
Old 01-16-2008, 01:40 PM
billmay

ORIGINAL: swarren7

How does the tail boom mount to the frame. I can't seem to get it tight and it can twist easily. Any suggestions?
Mine has a single set screw on the left side where the boom meets the main frame. If you can't tighten it enough I guess you could always glue it. Are you sure it's the boom twisting and not the tail motor assembly?

Old 01-16-2008, 01:45 PM
billmay

ORIGINAL: billmay

ORIGINAL: swarren7

How does the tail boom mount to the frame. I can't seem to get it tight and it can twist easily. Any suggestions?
Mine has a single set screw on the left side where the boom meets the main frame. If you can't tighten it enough I guess you could always glue it. Are you sure it's the boom twisting and not the tail motor assembly?

As a follow up to my own post, it's possible that the set screw has chewed up the boom a bit and you could try loosening the screw, rotating the boom 90 degrees and then retighten and see if it holds. Then just loosen and rotate the tail assembly to get everything lined up again.

Bill
Old 01-16-2008, 01:59 PM
bgalles

OK guys, I would like to updgrade to the LiPo battery pack. What do I need other than the battery and the proper charger. Looks to me that the connectors are different? Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong pack. Any suggestions as to where to purchase? USHOBBYSUPPLY doesn't seem to have the size everyone suggests.

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2008, 02:11 PM
billmay

ORIGINAL: bgalles

OK guys, I would like to updgrade to the LiPo battery pack. What do I need other than the battery and the proper charger. Looks to me that the connectors are different? Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong pack. Any suggestions as to where to purchase? USHOBBYSUPPLY doesn't seem to have the size everyone suggests.

Thanks!
I'm using the SuperPack 1307A from the SuperSkids folks. It's 7.4 volts, 1300 mAh, 18C and works well. Already has the proper connectors (a JST that plugs into the 4-in-1 power connector and a balancing connector that connects to the proper LiPo charger). You can get them directly from SuperSkids here:

http://www.super-skids.com/

I know there are cheaper ones around but someone else will have to tell you how well they work.

Bill
Old 01-16-2008, 02:37 PM
broggyr

I think Michael from US Hobby Supply will restock when he comes back from vacation. Lots of folks are reporting great success using SuperPacks from SuperSkids. I know that Gary (from SuperSkids) stands behind these products. He posts here and on the Walkera #4 (same heli) forum on a regular basis.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:31 PM
JonBrown

my crystal is 72.870 and i am wodering if these channels are far enough apart to not cause a problem? how close can you run channels with out interfeiring with the other bird.
thanks again
JonBrown
Old 01-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Wade2660

WOW!
After reading all the post on the Falcon 40 and always wanting a RC helo I decided to hit the buy button and get into it. Well I got it yeasterday from Raiden Tech.
I opend the box and checked the bird over while I waited for the battery to charge. I pluged the battery in and the servos twitched and that was it. No throttle, nothing. The light on the 4 in 1 box comes on but it does not flash for the 5 to 10 seconds like the booklet said it should. It just has a steady flash to it. The transmitter has new batteries in it and does power on. I felt like a kid that had a really disapointing X-mas!!. I did send a e-mail to Raiden Tech but have not heard from them at all. No supprise there!
I also ordered a 2nd battery and charge it and tried it also with the same results. I checked and did everthing by the book also.

I have really enjoyed reading all the tips and information found here.

Just my luck it seems I`m now at the mercy of Raiden Tech.......................................yuck!!
Old 01-16-2008, 03:54 PM
chuck101

Wade: Did you turn on the controller first, THEN plug in the battery? If you don't do it in that sequence, the 4 in 1 cannot set itself up correctly. And, the blades could start spinning wildly, On their own. just make sure the throttle is throttle down, turn on the controller, watch the light flash 6 times per minute while it sets up, then it will go to a steady 2 blinks per second and it's then ready to go.. HTH, Chuck
Old 01-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Wade2660

Yep we did turn on the transmitter first and for the first time in my life I even read the book first..................LOL
That 4in1 controler does not seem to be working the way it was described here in the forms or the way the book describes it.
I`m going to tinker with it some more when I got home from work. The odd thing is I`m useing the charger that came with the falcon and it shows that both batteries were fully charged after about 10 min also the main rotor gear and the rear rotor gears are allful tight to turn by hand. I think I need to free them up some. I remember I had a gas buggie some years ago and I would set the gear lash the thickness of a peice of paper. I`m going to try this tonight. I would like to think that maybe the gears are to tight for the motor to turn and I will know for sure tonight.

Thanks for your imput Chuck!
Old 01-16-2008, 05:03 PM
billmay

ORIGINAL: Wade2660

WOW!
After reading all the post on the Falcon 40 and always wanting a RC helo I decided to hit the buy button and get into it. Well I got it yeasterday from Raiden Tech.
I opend the box and checked the bird over while I waited for the battery to charge. I pluged the battery in and the servos twitched and that was it. No throttle, nothing. The light on the 4 in 1 box comes on but it does not flash for the 5 to 10 seconds like the booklet said it should. It just has a steady flash to it. The transmitter has new batteries in it and does power on. I felt like a kid that had a really disapointing X-mas!!. I did send a e-mail to Raiden Tech but have not heard from them at all. No supprise there!
I also ordered a 2nd battery and charge it and tried it also with the same results. I checked and did everthing by the book also.

I have really enjoyed reading all the tips and information found here.

Just my luck it seems I`m now at the mercy of Raiden Tech.......................................yuck!!
My 4-in-1 goes to the slow flashing state within a second or two, certainly not 5-10 seconds. By the time I plug in the battery and look around the other side it's already slow flashing. The only time I see the initial quick flashing is if I'm looking at the 4-in-1 from the right side while I reach around the heli to plug in the battery. So that part of what you're seeing could be quite normal. Let us know how you make out.

Bill
Old 01-16-2008, 05:18 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: JonBrown

my crystal is 72.870 and i am wodering if these channels are far enough apart to not cause a problem? how close can you run channels with out interfeiring with the other bird.
thanks again
72 MHz frequency Band
http://rcsource.hobbypeople.net/faqs/freqlist.htm

There's a 0.02 MHz (20 kHz) difference between each channel. In theory, as long as you're not on the same channel, you won't interfere. (Depends on how good your receiver is at band-passing the specified frequency).

ORIGINAL: billmay

Mine says it's 72.790. Both USHobby and HeliDirect show the crystals with that same number in their parts photos.
Yeah, I noticed. I wonder if it's just a "stock" photo, since we've all ready determined that there are at least two different frequencies. I wonder if you could grab a TX/RX crystal from, say, a futaba and use it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97072.gif
Views:	16
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	852950  
Old 01-16-2008, 05:31 PM
bgalles

Bill - Thanks you have been a great wealth of info for me! I'll go with the pack from superskids
Old 01-16-2008, 05:32 PM
dknovick

That 4in1 controler does not seem to be working the way it was described here in the forms or the way the book describes it.
I`m going to tinker with it some more when I got home from work. The odd thing is I`m useing the charger that came with the falcon and it shows that both batteries were fully charged after about 10 min
Like Bill, my 4-in-1 very quickly changes from fast to slow blink (1-2 seconds). If I'm not watching it when I plug the battery in, I miss it. Was this the very first time you charged the batteries? The batteries are shipped with a partial charge. When I first unboxed my heli, it was a very short charge time (probably similar to your 10 minutes), and when I tried to fly it, the main rotor just barely spun! (What a let down). I discharged the batteries for a while (left it on) and then charged them up again. The second time, there's was quite a difference!

At least the light is coming on, which means that power is getting to the 4-in-1.

also the main rotor gear and the rear rotor gears are allful tight to turn by hand. I think I need to free them up some. I remember I had a gas buggie some years ago and I would set the gear lash the thickness of a peice of paper. I`m going to try this tonight. I would like to think that maybe the gears are to tight for the motor to turn and I will know for sure tonight.
The motors have very strong magnets, so they are "tight" when you try to spin them slowly, and will "pop" to different positions as you spin them. This could be what you're feeling, but do check it out.

-Dave
Old 01-16-2008, 05:48 PM
billmay

ORIGINAL: broggyr

I think Michael from US Hobby Supply will restock when he comes back from vacation. Lots of folks are reporting great success using SuperPacks from SuperSkids. I know that Gary (from SuperSkids) stands behind these products. He posts here and on the Walkera #4 (same heli) forum on a regular basis.
When I was looking for the 7.4V 1300 mAh SuperPacks early last December I checked USHobby and they were not listed. Since then I've placed a couple of orders with USHobby plus I check the website periodically and I still have never seen them listed. Can you, or anyone, confirm that Michael does normally carry the SuperPack 1307A?
Old 01-16-2008, 05:53 PM
billmay

ORIGINAL: bgalles

Bill - Thanks you have been a great wealth of info for me! I'll go with the pack from superskids
Your welcome. Just remember - my advice is free and you get what you pay for! (I guess I should turn that into my signature line.)

Bill
Old 01-16-2008, 06:04 PM
bgalles

Well I order placed! I would have ordered from Micheal but I have not seen them available on his site for some time.
Bill, to me you seem to know your stuff pretty dang well and I appreciate the advice. From reading all the posts it looks like you've tried a myriad of stuff - from motors to batteries and parts. I'll definately take advice from some who had tried it and had success!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:06 PM
broggyr

Bill:

I can say I honestly remember that I saw the 1300's on his site. I can't, however, guarantee that (my memory being what it is). I say this because I was browsing upgrades. As a matter of fast, another lipo (I thnk it was the SuperPack 7.4 850mAH) was also recently delisted due to stock depletion.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:31 PM
stump3r

Bill,
Yes indeed Michael carries them. I bought mine from him in November. Usually when it's out of stock it doesn't show on the website.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Wade2660

Hello All,
When I got home I rechecked everything again still nothing is working on this Falcon. When I plug in the battery the servos move like there centering them selfs but that is all. No response from imputs from the transmitter.
Battery reads 9.5. I`m going to leave it pluged in and let it run down and charge it again..............just for grins!!

Still no word from Raidentech either. I tried a few times to call them today and got no answer or a busy signal. Heck of away to run a business.

Thanks guys for the info but now I`m just lost for words.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:41 PM
dknovick

Hello All,
When I got home I rechecked everything again still nothing is working on this Falcon. When I plug in the battery the servos move like there centering them selfs but that is all. No response from imputs from the transmitter.
Is the antenna screwed into the transmitter? (and make sure it's tight).
Old 01-16-2008, 08:42 PM
billmay

ORIGINAL: stump3r

Bill,
Yes indeed Michael carries them. I bought mine from him in November. Usually when it's out of stock it doesn't show on the website.

Stump3r and Broggyr, thanks for confirming that Michael usually carries them. Like most here, I now check the USHobby site first and only go elsewhere if he doesn't carry, or have in stock, what I want (in fact I just received an order from USHobby today!). However, when I see that people are anxious to get something, and it's not currently available from USHobby, I try to provide an alternate reputable source if I know of one. HeliDirect is one of those sources. In fact, Michael carries some of the HeliDirect branded products. A tool set I bought through Michael was actually the HeliDirect brand and he sells some of their HDX (TREX clones) helicopter models.

Bill
Old 01-16-2008, 08:43 PM
JonBrown

ya wade i too have not had very good time with raidentech. after i get my reciever i am never doin buisness with them again. i did a little reasearch on the F40 and there are only 2 frequencies available for the F40 but that should do to fly them at the same time. thanks for all the fast replys also. what good is a lipo battery? is there a faster charging time? or what just let me know. thanks
JonBrown
Old 01-16-2008, 08:46 PM
chuck101

I think he said he was out, but did normally carry them, Chuck
Old 01-16-2008, 08:46 PM
artscale

dip switch not closed, mosfets in 4in1 fried?, Dip switches, seams to initialize ok. crytsal same or there?. haven't seen this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.