Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 06:53 AM
mrasmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

you can also use the eflite motors for the cp and cp pro available at your hobby shop, or you can also check out www.heli-fever.com main motors are like 6 bucks and tail motors are like 4 bucks. The n20 comes stock on this heli, but the n30 is a bit beefier and will fit in the same spot. It's the same as the n20, just a bit longer.

BTW you're welcome, glad I could help =)
Old 08-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Bones27

Hey guys, how is it going. The thread has slowed down lately so I thought I would post a flight report. I am happy to say that I am getting some very nice 2 1/2 - 3 minute hovers. Who knows, 10 more years I might master this thing. Anybody seen any knew products, web sites or learned any new tricks lately? Does anyone have an idea they would like to discuss or get some feedback on? I would really hate to see this thread die, it has helped me so much! My new training aid is a disk with a 3/8 inch hole in the center that I affixed around the right stick of the TX with a couple peices of double stick tape. I was having allot of problems with over compensating on the right stick for movements of the heli and winding up in the pendulum of death usally resulting in a crash. The disk stops this and won't let me over compensate even if I try. As my hand and brain learn not to over compensate I will enlarge the hole and eventually remove the disk all together.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:50 AM
DeuelorDie

Not a bad Idea at all BONES. I guess I've just learned the hard way, through the pocket book. Including the original purchase price of 85 bucks I would say I'm about 200 into it. Not too bad but after 3 months I can Hover a complete Ni battery. My next step will probably be a cheaper RTF Collective pitch. Now I'm practicing stationary tail spins, which are alot friggin harder than one would think. I believe it comes down to a very good COF and balance.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:46 PM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: Bones27

I would really hate to see this thread die, it has helped me so much!
I think things have slowed down due the extreme heat and back to school issues.

Its been getting up to 103 degrees here in Mississippi by mid afternoon and its much worse if you factor in the humidity.

In fact I had a Lipo pack try to "PUFF-up" on me earlier this week.

Well, I'll still try to check the Falcon 40 thread and see how the gang is doing.

And a special hey to my pals RDRUNNER and MRASMM too.

Robo

Old 08-16-2007, 11:31 PM
Bones27

DuelorDie, I am probably close to the same dollar amount. Glad to hear you are doing well. Good job on the complete battery hover. I concentrate so hard on what I'm doing, about 3 minutes at a time is all I can handle. That will get better as my confidence builds. Stationary tail spins sound interesting, keep us posted. Have you picked out your CP yet?

Good point on the heat Robo. I live in central Georgia and we are on our 11th straight day of triple digit temps. When I got to work yesterday the heat index was 116 degrees. That probably explains way I have been practicing tail in hover in my air conditioned dining room. I don't have to worry about the back to school issues to much, my son is a senior this year at UGA, and he takes care of his self for the most part. Thanks for the tip on the LiPo and charger from All-Battery.com. They work great. Are you enjoying the Trex and have you tried any 3D stuff yet?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:19 AM
DeuelorDie

I would love to blow the cash on a Trex SE. But I don't think "She" would appreciate that too much . I haven't done a whole lot of research on CP's but believe me when I do I get pretty deep. I got the Hobby Peeps trying to talk me into one for 199.99 with a $50.00 mail in rebate that looks really sturdy. Can't recall the name this early in the morning but I'll probably go that route.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Rdrunner

ORIGINAL: robotronski

I think things have slowed down due the extreme heat and back to school issues.

Its been getting up to 103 degrees here in Mississippi by mid afternoon and its much worse if you factor in the humidity.

In fact I had a Lipo pack try to "PUFF-up" on me earlier this week.

Well, I'll still try to check the Falcon 40 thread and see how the gang is doing.

And a special hey to my pals RDRUNNER and MRASMM too.

Robo

Hey guys, been busy at work [] it's been hot here too, especially with the recent fires that been going on out here, it was said that the fires will be here for awhile and it is causing some unbearable humidity.

I sorta screwed up recently on my Axe cp, I installed a lipo battery and soldered a deans connector, in which I watched on Helifreak.com on how to soldered deans connector 101, that the red ( hot ) lead should be connected to the bottom pole ( + ), and I connected that to the mini ultra dean plug and into the 3in1, it fried the 3in1 as the red lead was on the opposite side ( doh!!!!! ) so I searched online and found the cheapest 3in1 was $75.00 ( ouch is right ) from Helidirect,Tower hobbies was selling it at $85.00 and to make sure I didn't burn anything else I went back to the LHS and saw the guy that helped me out the first time and he ordered the 3in1 for $55.00 ( phew!!, relieved, lol ), just received the 3in1 and got to make some adjustments to get it to fly right again, I may pickup another Axe cp for backup ( totally excited, since this heli actually RTF out of the box ). So far I have not seen to many bad reviews about this heli, note: the guys that fly or are in the Axe cp thread are not too helpful, except for one here on RC Universe.

A Special hey back to ya, Robo and Mrasmm

Here's me on my Electric Dominion on Real flight 3.5 ( inverted ) and Axe cp flyby

Old 08-17-2007, 07:52 PM
DeuelorDie

That real flight is killer!! They almost look like actual photos!
Old 08-18-2007, 01:09 AM
Rdrunner

ORIGINAL: DeuelorDie

That real flight is killer!! They almost look like actual photos!

It compensates for down time
Old 08-18-2007, 07:25 AM
mrasmm

hey thanks robo and rdrunner =) right back at ya [8D]

sounds like the money pit continues =P robo with a puffed lipo and rdrunner with a smoked 3 in 1 =( and me with some fried servos

I haven't got any air time for a bit over a month, just alot of things to do, and I was sick for a while, plus I have to mount the new hs55 servo's in the heli, and the main problem is they spin the opposite direction, so there are some mods involved to make them work. So I've just been working on it when I have time, but that hasn't been alot. heck, I'll probably have to start over and put the training skids back on by the time I get this thing up and running [X(]
Old 08-18-2007, 01:16 PM
DeuelorDie

Hey guys get this. You may remember a few weeks ago I was having "interference" problems. Well besides that whole issue I was sick and tired hovering inside the house and having to "click" back and forth with my throttle to stay at a level hover. One click and it's in the ceiling, another and it's into the coffee table. So, I pulled the back of the Tx and removed the stupid arm that makes it click. Get this no more "interference". Turns out the arm must have been holding the throttle in a position just enough to spool the head a bit. Much smoother flying once I got used to it too, only a battery or three.

Mrasmm: Don't forget about me putting a new frame on last night after dive bombing the boat trailer on Wednesday[:@].

Happy hovering fellas!
Old 08-18-2007, 01:22 PM
DeuelorDie

I must be a little spoiled with the weather living in Vegas and all. Yeah it gets pretty hot, but the heat index is "usually" 4-6 degrees cooler. Being in the valley we're in we don't get alot wind, rain, or even clouds at that. [8D]
Old 08-19-2007, 01:35 PM
mario40

Rdrunner and Mrasmm thanks for the information on the servos and the motors, both of them the servos and the motors work fine I appriciate al the everyone has givin me. I hate to see this thread fade out I will always fly the falcon even when I move up to a bigger heli. If it hadn't been for all of you guys out there I would have givin up a long time ago. The heli is flying better than it ever has. I hovered at about 30 to 40 feet high for about 3 or 4 minutes, doing real well flying from left to right and hovering side in real well. Agian thanks to everyone who has helped me, this is the best forum I have ever seen. Hpe to see more people join.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Rdrunner

Hey Mario40, you're welcome, glad to be of assistance, at least you have replies here, It's hard even get replies on other threads or some forums ( been there [] )
Old 08-19-2007, 07:01 PM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: Bones27

Good point on the heat Robo......Are you enjoying the Trex and have you tried any 3D stuff yet?
Nope, don't even have the transmitter set up for 3D pitch curves.

Working real hard on on all my normal orientations, then I'm going to try everything I can think of flying backwards. Backwards flight has been tough for me to grasp so far.

Want to be really comfortable with the awkward stuff before I flip her over the 1st time.

Have about 80 flights on the TREX so far with not a single issue or ( _ _ _SH) <---- you fill in the blanks as I don't want to jinx myself!!!

I really like being able to fly on a breezy day.

Well, hope all is well with everyone.

Robo
Old 08-22-2007, 02:35 PM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: robotronski

Have about 80 flights on the TREX so far with not a single issue or ( _ _ _SH) <---- you fill in the blanks as I don't want to jinx myself!!!
LOL good one!

mario, you're welcome =) Although it's been so long now I don't remember what advice I gave you =P

DeuelorDie:

great find with that little bit of info. I wonder how that was making your heli glitch out
Old 08-23-2007, 10:52 PM
chevypower1930

Hey all... Just got my Exceed Falcon 40 in today! AMAZING flying Helicopter... I opened the box and it looked beautiful... great color scheme and graphics. charged up the battery and hooked it up and straightened the blades... after just a few clicks of trim she was hovering EASY in my family room! about 12 feet by 12 feet space... I had the Raptor G2 and that wanot a very well built heli so never even really got a controlled hover with it... so this was my first actual controlled hover on a helicopter (Sorry yall.... INTO AIRPLANES!) haha and i did it easily indoors.. Im really into airplanes but I got the heli to have fun with the hobby on the days I can't get out to the field.. and Im sure I will also get into the helicopter thing too as I'm already having great fun with the fixed pitch Falcon 40.. I just love the challenge and its a great feeling when you get the heli to hover smooth. Here is a picture of the Falcon
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84884.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	748286  
Old 08-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Riggerbill

Hay Fellow: That I s amazing I have had the Falcon 40 for almost a year and have been tryng to hover it in my basemen5t 15 by 15 Cant seem to hover for over a few minutes with out hitting the wall. Ha Ha . I am getting pretty good at replacing blades and bearings though and I am having fun. That's the hobby I guess.

Keep em flying LOL Bill
Old 08-24-2007, 11:38 AM
chevypower1930

haha yea its great fun just challenging yourself to hover it smooth and the best thinga bout these little things are yo ucan just charge the for a few minutees and take them back up right in your house haha... great little helicopters very please with the 85 dollar price tag!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:56 PM
MiniCwik

Hey guys, newbie to the heli hobby, but dedicated to learning from you guys and have been reading this thread for the past few weeks. I purchased one of those 2 channel syma 9093 knockoffs from CVS a few weeks ago and have pretty much mastered that rather quickly (indoors anyways) and desperately wanted to move up to a higher quality, more functional heli and thankfully found this thread.

I recently ordered a Falcon 40 and it will be arriving today, now I'm wondering about getting the included transmitter connected to my PC so that I can practice in some sim software.

Does anyone know what type of connector I would need to pickup in order to do so?

Thank you!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Rdrunner

Welcome guys [8D]

MiniCwik, the Falcon 40 does come with a connector, look at the second picture and you could download FMS here and how to setup it up here

Hope that would get you started, Happy flying ( crashing, lol )
Old 08-24-2007, 01:35 PM
MiniCwik

Thanks rdrunner and yeah I saw it comes with a cable, but I do not think mine will because I asked the seller and he said he didn't notice one (used).

So, I wondered what type of cable would it be, so I could go buy one :-)
Old 08-24-2007, 03:11 PM
chevypower1930

minicwik... this helicopter is a GREAT choice for your fires 4 channel helicopter.. it has a LOT better electronics then most rtf... good luck!
Old 08-24-2007, 03:51 PM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: MiniCwik

Hey guys, newbie to the heli hobby, but dedicated to learning from you guys and have been reading this thread for the past few weeks. I purchased one of those 2 channel syma 9093 knockoffs from CVS a few weeks ago and have pretty much mastered that rather quickly (indoors anyways) and desperately wanted to move up to a higher quality, more functional heli and thankfully found this thread.

I recently ordered a Falcon 40 and it will be arriving today, now I'm wondering about getting the included transmitter connected to my PC so that I can practice in some sim software.

Does anyone know what type of connector I would need to pickup in order to do so?

Thank you!

what I would suggest to you rather than trying to find the cable (because then you have to do alot of work to get it working and all of that, and most of the cables for these heli's are the old 9 pin db serial), get on ebay and search for esky usb transmitter. You'll get FMS plus a USB control stick that is plug and play and will just work for around 30 bucks with shipping. No fooling around =) If you could buy the cable seperate it would probably be a good 15 bucks, and 15 more bucks to save the hassle of it all I personally think is well worth it
Old 08-24-2007, 03:55 PM
DeuelorDie

They have the simulators on Xheli.com for 19.99. Then you don't have to burn the Tx batteries your actually flying with!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.