Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Member Daily Flight Rreports

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Member Daily Flight Rreports

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Raylon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Member Daily Flight Rreports

ORIGINAL: Kaelan

not much flying lately for me.. spent a week in St. Louis on a business trip and it seems I brought the rain from there back to Georgia with me.. that's ok.. more sim time isn't a bad thing while I wait on my new heli to arrive
Yea, that is all we had for the past month. Rain. But I managed to get out yesterday and take this quick hop. And this is like my 1rst real try at a flight for almost 6 months I bet. So don't make fun.

http://www.vimeo.com/1016242
Old 05-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Kaelan

great job flying that little heli.. time for you to get something bigger
Old 05-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Raylon

ORIGINAL: Kaelan

great job flying that little heli.. time for you to get something bigger

Haha, tell me about it. I used to be able to do some fun stuff with that little heli. Now, I can barely do a figure eight. Time to hit the sim!

But I'm going to be going to college soon, and I kind of need that thing called money, and a new R/C heli is quite low on the list of things needed, unfortunately.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:45 AM
srouthouse

1 pac through the 500 today, 8 flips and brought it in. i was flying at work over the infiniti dealership lol last thing im going to do is start busting moves out over the cars.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:49 AM
imalama

Flew in the atruim at work today with my lama v4. chipped an upper blade due to blades hitting. 4n1 keeps falling off (previous crash). was pulling off some pretty nice stall turns and sliding landings. i also ruined my battery today, last for about 5 minutes now...yeah i know. im such a newb...
Old 05-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Raylon

Did some more trimming on my CP, and wow can this thing be stable! It never used to be this stable. Can't wait to see what it can do once I start doing some more advanced maneuvers. By the way the area I am hovering in is about 8 foot by 10 foot.

http://www.vimeo.com/1028165
Old 05-17-2008, 10:30 PM
srouthouse

100+ temps heve kept my flying time down. sqeezed off a pac on the 500 though.

some really nice foward rainbows 4 in a row and same in reverse and some inverted nose in 10-20 seconds.

im trying to hold it longer inverted but i need allot of work on that department
Old 05-18-2008, 07:26 AM
Magic Hook

Got out for two packs this morning on the 450. Before I started I re-programed the ESC. It flew awesome and no voltage drops. I had it set on beginner cutoff (high stick). Now its on low stick and all is well. I flew my first circles turning left, no problem. Circles to the right.....I did it but wow I was crazy how I tensed up. Played with some nose in hover and picked it up into some fff with circle turns. I had to laugh when I noticed the rubber skid stops were almost worn out. When I built the kit I thought to myslef "that is something that will NEVER need to be replaced". Time to move to idle up and play with flips and rolls! LOL We have some family coming over this afternoon and plan to get the 500 up also.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:30 PM
noobflyer01

2 packs this morning and 2 packs this afternoon. hovered half a pack nosed in. did some figure 8's and some FFF. that is all.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:45 AM
srouthouse

1 pac 500 did some nose in FF and hovering. allot of inverted nose in practice almost got to 30 seconds today lol

rainbows again and some FF with stall turns
Old 05-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Edwinssiv

05/18/08
I flew 2 packs in my Axe CP first. I practiced on my nose left orientation hovering/FF(I am finally getting away from over-correcting)and practiced my nose in. Then I had a decent breeze kick up, so I moved over to my Black Hawk and flew another battery with that. Sim time is working on inverted hovering...hopefully I will move to the heli by end of the week(?).
Old 05-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Magic Hook

Sprouthouse, what is a rainbow?

Ran two more batteries in the 450 last evening and barely did anything. Either my concentration was out to lunch or I just suck. Keeping orientation with a green vegatation backround with that blue / white / yellow canopy is difficult for me. I got home early today so I decided to fly the 500. I had reprogramed the ESC to 6v and installed a step down for the tail servo cause it cant take 6v. The 500 is very easy to see (red) and really does well in wind. Just hovering and trying slow piro's for one pack. I may need to put a bit of expo in to soften the center a bit cause she is really responsive now. I will fly a few times before I do though.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:56 PM
srouthouse

i believe and i hope im rite on this rainbow thing lol

doing a very large flip and the heli moves a long way verticle through the sky. so when i do a flip 2 times the heli is a long way,s away.

1 complete flip can make 2 rainbows
Old 05-19-2008, 08:12 PM
noobflyer01

2 packs tonight. hovering around in my front yard. half a pack nose in. i'm starting to get the hang of it.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:47 PM
srouthouse

1 pac with the 500 and the new dx7.

everything was fine but the tail blows out a little on flips but only when its about level at the end. more tweaking to be done.

kind po,d a little i came in to fast and landed a little hard and 1 of my CF tail blades got scuffed up. lol i filed the other to match so we,ll see. so far its just fine with a small nick
Old 05-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Magic Hook

Sprouthouse, thanks. I will look for a vid of that, sounds cool. I put JB weld in a nick on carbon blades, sanded smooth and re-ballanced and its worked fine so far and hopefuly maintained structual strength.

Got canciled this am so I flew two packs on the 450 first time idle up. Just flew around having some fun, low side in hovers and three quarter in hovering over a spot down low. I did take it up a hundred feet and tried full down collective. Oh yeah, it comes down pretty fast! LOL Did some landing idle up also. Tweaked down the gyro to 68% cause I had a slight tail wag and its steady as a rock now. Wind is 15 - 25 now so the 500 will likely stay on the shelf.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Raylon

Took the CP out for a little stroll this morning. Tried some more FF, and then a flip, but the CP doesn't like that. The Tail went sideways as soon as I pulled the elevator back. Lost altitude quick and tried to save it, and for the most part did. Came down on the nose pretty hard and smashed the canopy up a little. Picked it up, wiped some of the grass off, and inspected it. Everything was ok, so I went back out. Well, let's say luck was not on my side today. I was just doing some hovering when a lovely wind gust came around and made the little CP go wild, and hit the ground. I noticed the wind was picking up, but I didn't take the hint. Bent the main shaft a little, but that's it. Turns out I am pretty lucky. Two crashes on one battery pack and only a bent main shaft. Can't wait to get a Rex, will be so much more stable and predictable.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:19 PM
srouthouse

well 3 pacs, trex 500 on the third i got carried away and she went in lol. lucky i hit a tree. didnt break my Cf blades or the canopy!

looks like servo gears [1 set] boom, flybar, main gear, stripped the head button threads. bent the flybar on one side which ill straighten out. 1 linkage plastic eye got enlarged but they give you spares in your kit. guessing it was a 40 dollar wreck tops.

i was practicing reverse loops. flying backwards and coming down then pulling level and then slowing getting inverted then back to rite side up where the big loop started.

getting used to the dx7 and i increased cyclic responce from %55 to %60 just getting used to the feel of the new TX was more then the small changes in cyclic. coming along nicely
Old 05-21-2008, 04:13 AM
Magic Hook

Flew the 450 in evening and tried something. I have been having trouble with perspective so I put on some sticky dots in Flor. orange. Wind was 15 gusting to 25 so I kept it lower where the wind was less. I could see it great standing 75' away. I put new CF blades on it for the last two packs. They seem to have less lift than the stock Align Pro blades but are very smooth flying. Spot landings, side in hover both orientations staying over a point went well. Flew some ff with left and right half circles at the ends of the circuits trying to maintain a constant altitude in idle up. I plan to repaint the canopy or get a blank one and paint that. I have issues with my hands hurting after flying more than five minutes at a time from some old injuries. I find that flying with a neck strap helps some. I am going to check out transmitter trays in the near future.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Magic Hook

What a rush! Came home and flew the 500 for a warm up pack. I had four packs to burn for the 450 because I did not want to leave them at full charge because we are going away for the long weekend. First three I worked at fff and stopping over a spot, then both side in hovers and toyed with nose hover 6' high, circles and backward and sideways flight. Last pack I kind of let it rip around in fff making big high bank turns until I turned them into my first stall turns. I was so amped up I bounced the landing but no harm done. My new zippy 6s 3300 packs arrived for the 500. Cant wait to get the TP charger and ballancer all hooked up so I can see how it feels with those packs. They fit nicely under the canopy.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Edwinssiv

I flew 3 packs on my Black Hawk 450 this evening...there was pretty stiff breeze going so I worked more on my orientation flying in the wind...some decent gusts kept me attentive! Practised a my back flips...and attempted my first front flip...not pretty but no crash. I went to practise my stationary rolls and did one with the wind. Oh that was fun! almost did not recover, but I saved it about 2 feet from the ground...defiantely got the heart racing. So it was a good flying evening. No damage [8D]
Old 05-22-2008, 11:37 PM
srouthouse

sounds like fun guys, way to windy here 45+ mph gust. no flights here and waiting for 500 parts
Old 05-26-2008, 03:48 PM
RaceCraftRC

I like the idea behind this , 2flight 's A123's gaui Hurricane, 1 flight lipo trex 600cf, I haven't had a good crash in a while , usally means that i haven't been pushing it 2 hard. I wonder if i have leveled out or peaked I havent been flying for 2 long when did you guys stop burning in, Thanks. AX
Old 05-27-2008, 10:59 PM
srouthouse

finaly got back in the air, not with the 500 helidirect botched my last order sending me hdx stuff instead of align 500 parts so that will be still down.

2 pac,s V2,450 1 pac just trimming out the new dx7 and the second doing ff stall turns flips rolls and inverted hovering. just getting warmed up again since i havnt flown in a while.

no wrecks
Old 05-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Magic Hook

Got back in the air this evening as well. Flew the 500 with the Jazz ESC and the 6s 3300 pack for the first time. Very smooth throd transitions. Flew it five minutes and will recharge the pack to see how much it takes. Flew ff the piro thats it. Ran a pack in the 450 doing circuits with stall turns each end and fff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.