Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

EXI-450 discussions/mods/scale projects

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

EXI-450 discussions/mods/scale projects

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 06:19 PM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EXI-450 discussions/mods/scale projects

ORIGINAL: babyhuey

The bike sounds really cool. Post a pic when its' done, please!
Nitro is no big deal you just have to learn how to tune them. I always enjoy flying mine but they usually sit because I don't want to take the time to haul out the support stuff.
I just got the head and blades to complete my 450 FBL and I am on the verge of changing the Protos over. If I don't get to fly soon (darn wind!) I'll probably get distracted again and the helis will sit some more.[:@]

Yeah...I'll get a pic of the bike when it's done.

On the nitro, I agree on the support stuff as it can be a pain. A gallon of fuel is also EXPENSIVE now. but you get a LOT of flights out of a gallon. Another factor is the smell.....you gotta love that smell.

Weather....running 10deg+ below normal and it's been windy as all get out. I know I got about another week of this crap, and then I'll start seeing better daytime temps in the upper 50's to lower 60's. If we can ditch the wind then, I'll fly every day I can. I even hooked the plow back on my truck Friday....just in case. Didn't need it though but the next 3 days are calling for low 30's and snow about every day. I could get hit with a freak snowstorm anytime, but I'm ready.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:26 PM
karlik

Don't know if this has come up -
I put the all metal tail rotor assy on my EXI 450 SEV2 clone. Worked good for a while, then one day on spool-up it twisted/rotated on the boom until the blades were horizontal - looked like a 3 channel toy. The original plastic one has a key that goes in the slot on the tail boom and keeps it from twisting, the metal one has no key, and I could not get it to stop twisting. I tried the most popular suggestion and added a few layers of scotch tape to the boom. Fixed it, for a while. Then with no warning it twisted again. It appears the boom is just being pinched smaller and smaller around that guide slot as I add more tape and tighten down the tail assy.
My brother donated a carbon boom for his belt cp (had to be cut down anout 1/2 inch) and it works fine.
Wondering if anybody knows if the align boom is heavier metal or would it do the same thing over time?
Old 06-07-2013, 02:03 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had same problem w/EXI500... ended up changing to Taro tail which is a clone of the Align. It has a interlinking piece that prevents the tail from twisting.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:21 AM
karlik

I've looked at the Align boom and it looks like it has a hole for a guide pin rather than a slot - that would probably keep the boom from collapsing like the EXI did. That belt cp boom only a hole in it as well.