Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

EXI-450 discussions/mods/scale projects

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

EXI-450 discussions/mods/scale projects

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 02:15 PM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EXI-450 discussions/mods/scale projects

ORIGINAL: Zim-uh-tosa

The TELEBEE gyro is causing the glitching, and this is the second telebee I've had that's been BAD in less than 6 months.....I'm done with Telebee.
Hey,

Did you happen to inspect the wires that exit the Telebee to see if they are fraying? I was having similar problems and found that those wires were all exposed from their sleeves and touching each other. I did a little fixey-poo and it fixed the problem. I still know that I fly better than my Telebee will allow, but it's still working well enough to hold the tail as long as i don't try and get too crazy with the sticks.

Let us know Shee if that XM Gyro is worth it. Maybe I will buy myself another present...

Peace on...well, whatever planet you guys are from!

Z
Z....I haven't inspected it. I did order the xmseller 401b and it was $42 to my door which isn't terrible I guess. I'll check the Telebee as you stated because right now I installed the OLD HBKII rate gyro and standard 8g servo.....I HATE it too (LMAO). The rate gyro allows drift where the HHG just wouldn't. In either case, I'll have a working HHG within a couple days and if I fix the telebee....I'll have two.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:00 PM
DumbDawg
My Feedback: (3)

See'n as a couple guyz here is post'n their tats thot I'd post one too... Don't mean this to be off-topic but I couldn't resist... This is def NOT a prison tat to have....

happy fly'n
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79397.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1090982  
Old 12-16-2008, 04:06 PM
eaterofdog
My Feedback: (1)

Cool. Here's an old picture of my tattoo. It's all messed up now.

I took the EXI out yesterday after drinking a large quantity of strong coffee and I must have hit 50 mph diving out of some banking turns. That thing was COOKING.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:19 PM
lohchief

ORIGINAL: eaterofdog

Cool. Here's an old picture of my tattoo. It's all messed up now.

I took the EXI out yesterday after drinking a large quantity of strong coffee and I must have hit 50 mph diving out of some banking turns. That thing was COOKING.
I never.........ever give my exi coffee.Not even in the morning.
-lohchief
Old 12-16-2008, 08:47 PM
crashcrash

I found the indexing glitch to be a setting on the Telebee....it's fine now, I dialed out the indexing glitch. Now I got the 401b comming which is OK. I have all the stuff to complete ANOTHER EXI-450 (LMAO).
Old 12-16-2008, 08:58 PM
lohchief

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

I found the indexing glitch to be a setting on the Telebee....it's fine now, I dialed out the indexing glitch. Now I got the 401b comming which is OK. I have all the stuff to complete ANOTHER EXI-450 (LMAO).
Isn't it great how that works out.Remember,there is no such thing as having tooo many rc heli's
-lohchief
Old 12-16-2008, 09:10 PM
sheerider1026

lolll.. yea, i am om my third heli build as of right now.. very addictive.. lol
Old 12-16-2008, 10:06 PM
eaterofdog
My Feedback: (1)

Here's those metal gear servos I was blathering about. They seem pretty nice. I'm putting one on the tail of my current EXI and everywhere on the EXI I am building.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:07 PM
babyhuey

That gyro should be good. If it works as well as the older one then it will be fine. The one I have is on their site for $32 and the new one (401b) is $34. Use a digital servo if you can besause that makes a hugh difference.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:37 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: babyhuey

That gyro should be good. If it works as well as the older one then it will be fine. The one I have is on their site for $32 and the new one (401b) is $34. Use a digital servo if you can besause that makes a hugh difference.
I'm running all digital now....I made the switch yesterday. I did notice improvement in the head and tail....now to check durability and longivity. Initally, I'm MILDLY impressed....no other comments at this time (LMAO).
Old 12-17-2008, 08:25 AM
ACES&8s

I have a EXI 450 pro...cnc/carbon fiber. These mechanics are in a Heli Artist Hughes 500D the blue green light blue white color. I have Corona digital metal gear micro servos on cyclic. I bought an MKS 8910 avcs fast digital for tail. The servo does 60 degrees in .054 second, according to manufacturers specification. Now I have to have a 760 us AVCS gyro. I think I'm using the Assan GY410. Reason is, the servo is not compatible with the Futaba GY410. Both gyros are avcs digital.
My question for this post is: Do these servos (8910) work without a avcs gyro or not at all on just the receiver? I assume the pulse width and center pulse width are different for this servo, or that it should need to be programmed. Why doesn't my servo work? I'm using an AR6100 receiver and DX7 transmitter...DSM2.

The sample rate of the 8910 is 760 us. Rotation is faster that the Futaba 9657, so it is claimed. Do other people use the 8910 or Should They? Seems like a great tail rotor servo, and it is not too big or too heavy for a 450 heli.

So far I love the EXI mechanics and everything but the gyro is installed.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

You guys remember Blusaber1 from the Tuner thread? Well, he sent me this following e-mail concerning the XMseller Gyro. Apparently, they really are great performers...He was using a 2100 and bought one of the same ones you have...

From Blusaber1:

For a great inxpensive gyro I just picked up this one and am very pleased with it for the price. My only other experience with gyros is the 2100t and this one hold just as good for one third the price

[link=http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/the-1403/xmhobbies-digital-gyro-G401B/Detail]http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/the-1403/xmhobbies-digital-gyro-G401B/Detail[/link]

Pretty good thread on it here:
[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956825]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956825[/link]

Anyhoo check out the gyro you might like it

Gary(Blusaber1)

I still want full reports on all of your installs of this Gyro...

Z

Old 12-17-2008, 08:45 PM
crashcrash

Z.... that's a GOOD piece of news being I just bought one sight unseen. Sounds like I might like it BETTER than the Telebee (which is OK....I guess).

Note to the Doc......I really don't think many of us are using what you use and it's pretty hard to give an answer that would be of a nature of intellegence (LMAO). We're pretty much "dollar store commandos" here, we buy the cheapest that works the best, and sometimes, the cheapest ends up being the best (T-Rex vs EXI-450 for example).
Old 12-18-2008, 07:20 AM
babyhuey

ORIGINAL: DrDiscus

I have a EXI 450 pro...cnc/carbon fiber. These mechanics are in a Heli Artist Hughes 500D the blue green light blue white color. I have Corona digital metal gear micro servos on cyclic. I bought an MKS 8910 avcs fast digital for tail. The servo does 60 degrees in .054 second, according to manufacturers specification. Now I have to have a 760 us AVCS gyro. I think I'm using the Assan GY410. Reason is, the servo is not compatible with the Futaba GY410. Both gyros are avcs digital.
My question for this post is: Do these servos (8910) work without a avcs gyro or not at all on just the receiver? I assume the pulse width and center pulse width are different for this servo, or that it should need to be programmed. Why doesn't my servo work? I'm using an AR6100 receiver and DX7 transmitter...DSM2.

The sample rate of the 8910 is 760 us. Rotation is faster that the Futaba 9657, so it is claimed. Do other people use the 8910 or Should They? Seems like a great tail rotor servo, and it is not too big or too heavy for a 450 heli.

So far I love the EXI mechanics and everything but the gyro is installed.
I'm not familiar with the MKS servo that you have but it would seem that it should operate on an analog signal straight from the Rx or the gyro. I can't remember the baud rate for the Futaba but if you say that 760us won't work then it must be higher. MAybe the Assan gyro is the same baud rate as the Futaba that it copied?
That said I have a hard time believing that any servo could beat the 9257.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:08 PM
DumbDawg

Are they faster than the GR2843Z Razor servo??? they are blaz'n fast... even faster than dark... operating on a tight pulse series and are still able to communicate with other brands of Rx's and gyro's because of its ability to compress the other's signal down into its own bandwidth.. seamlessly integrating and sensing which algorithmic processes to use for the best or optimal usage of resources. They also have the fastest time\torque\travel ( TTT ) of just about all servos' out there including the Curtis OldBlood and Futabya's... the best part of course is the cost and at $8.99 per you couldn't find a better digital\analogue servo anywhere that incorporates BS technology... Broad Signal...

happy fly'n and happy holidays
Old 12-18-2008, 02:28 PM
DumbDawg

Hey Zim... I just ordered one of those Gyro's as well... cost me $44.50 including shipping so its cheaper than the Telebee at $49.00 before shipping... Time will tell just how good it is but from what I've seen in the RCGroups forum thread it appears most people are very happy with it... Def worth the money if it works equally as well or better than the Telebee...

Thanks for the heads up on that one...

happy Holidays and fly'n of course... for those that can fly... sigh!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 02:31 PM
lohchief

ORIGINAL: DumbDawg

Are they faster than the GR2843Z Razor servo??? they are blaz'n fast... even faster than dark... operating on a tight pulse series and are still able to communicate with other brands of Rx's and gyro's because of its ability to compress the other's signal down into its own bandwidth.. seamlessly integrating and sensing which algorithmic processes to use for the best or optimal usage of resources. They also have the fastest time\torque\travel ( TTT ) of just about all servos' out there including the Curtis OldBlood and Futabya's... the best part of course is the cost and at $8.99 per you couldn't find a better digital\analogue servo anywhere that incorporates BS technology... Broad Signal...

HUH??
-lohchief
Old 12-18-2008, 02:41 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: lohchief

HUH??
-lohchief

LMAO....dont even try, it'll make your eyes bleed and your head hurt....
Old 12-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

Love it!! I was going to take some time to look up some of that gibber-gabber (Say it like Mr.T) But I just plain don't have the brain cells. If that was improv and 100% BS(no, not Broad Signal) you have found yourself a new occupation Mr farmer man from Oysooyoyooss? You need to be on the stage....We all know what comes next.....wait for it........"There is one leaving in 15 minutes!!!!!" Muhuhuhahaha!

Peace on Oi!-th

Z
Old 12-18-2008, 03:48 PM
lohchief

ORIGINAL: Zim-uh-tosa

Love it!! I was going to take some time to look up some of that gibber-gabber (Say it like Mr.T) But I just plain don't have the brain cells. If that was improv and 100% BS(no, not Broad Signal) you have found yourself a new occupation Mr farmer man from Oysooyoyooss? You need to be on the stage....We all know what comes next.....wait for it........"There is one leaving in 15 minutes!!!!!" Muhuhuhahaha!

Peace on Oi!-th

Z
Hmmmm,is DD really Red Green? Nuther mystery of th' universe.
-lohchief
Old 12-18-2008, 04:28 PM
DumbDawg

Phew.. I am glad that the BS tech was caught or I'd have a ellava time explaining that rubbish... Just goes ta show yah we's not all as dumb as rabbits... we have other uses as well.... still think'n on that one tho... No mystery here... thats why I wear tinfoil hats... keeps the aliens and govn't from stealing all my secrets that I might have some day...

oh... I am taking orders tho...

happy holler'n days and fly'n too
Old 12-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Blusaber

Phew.. I am glad that the BS tech was caught or I'd have a ellava time explaining that rubbish... Just goes ta show yah we's not all as dumb as rabbits... we have other uses as well.... still think'n on that one tho... No mystery here... thats why I wear tinfoil hats... keeps the aliens and govn't from stealing all my secrets that I might have some day...

oh... I am taking orders tho...

happy holler'n days and fly'n too

Well now mr DD I think I just sprouted rabbit ears Imagine my chagrin as in my ever lasting search for heli knowledge I did a google SEARCH on the now famous RAZOR FASTER than dark tail servo. Now I says to myself it must be faster than my .05 second wonder I currently use, as it can not beat the dark. Alas my really fast google search turned up
NADA. Gonna go grab soe carrots now....... OH And I think you guys wil be happy with the XM Gyro

Gary
Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 PM
DumbDawg

Why you waskilly wabbit... welcome to the club.... Sorry ur search didn't turn anything up as I'm sure they are out there...

I'v e been pretty happy about xm's products to far and I'm looking forward to try'n this gyro out...

Thx for the heads up on it...

happy holidays
Old 12-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Blusaber

Last time I drop into a thread without reading at least 25 pages to figure out who has a really great sense of humor. I really thought GOOGLE was broke there for a second

Gary
Old 12-18-2008, 10:29 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: Blusaber

Last time I drop into a thread without reading at least 25 pages to figure out who has a really great sense of humor. I really thought GOOGLE was broke there for a second

Gary

I think you'll find that most of us are pretty much "off center" (LMAO).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.