Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Ebay Rafale...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Vettster

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Ebay Rafale...?

A Free motor and ESC.! thats a pretty good deal Id say. So what were your flight times like. I managed to get 8 and 9 min flights! The battery was really warm but not melting hot. My first light was 6min and it took 1450mah to charge. That was with the 2200 lipo and the A123 had a failure at about 6min when one cell crapped out. Im going to try and gouge more of the back wall out.In fact I had concidered cut it right into the intake steam so as to pull the hot air out of the Battery compartment. Going to need an intake hole though or the suction could colapse the canopy. I cant complain of how it handled but I think I can do better. Mind you I was flying in 30klm+ winds. Hey Joe! I now know what its like to fly backwards in a high Alpha now.lol I have some video now but that could take a while for me to upload it.

This plane is just WAY to fun!!!!

Trev
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80628.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	998303  
Old 07-27-2008, 07:58 PM
fossoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont really want to push it for flight times right now Just take it up for 4 minutes tops maybe 5 its like 90 degrees here now with opressive humidity. I will test it for longer flight times when the weather cools. I think it will be about what you said after 4 or 5 the Li Po was just starting to warm up. This new motor sounds sweet compared to the ragedy vibration prone motor that came on it. I guess the airspeed is the same. He said this motor was off an FA18 Hornet. I guess Im gonna find out for sure cause this will be the next motor after this one. unless there is something slightly hotter. I dont think I would want a really fast motor on this thing its hard to see at a distance. Our runway sucks so I keep running off the edge cause its so narrow and going into the grass which is ok but the front gear bends back a little most of the time.
HEY is this your plane Canopy picture Vettster ? I Tried to fly my 2100 Li po and couldnt even get off the ground. and mine is further back than this
Heres the video of my crappy landing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nikz5hUCIIU

Name:	Ec88325.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	999042   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87660.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	999043  
Old 07-27-2008, 08:40 PM
SoppyJoe
My Feedback: (59)

Vet,

The harder it blows the more fun it is to fly! Though I was going to get a chance to fly in some 12 to 15 knot winds today, but go figure, mother nature keep them down around 10..[]

Joey
Old 07-27-2008, 09:01 PM
fossoman

My F27C Stryker is fun to fly in the wind but its a little tricky. since it does 80 Mph

Name:	Ki20469.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	999114  
Old 07-27-2008, 09:06 PM
fossoman

Ok so much for my earlier post about not having trouble getting off the ground. today I ran off the end of the runway twice trying to get up. Reason NO WIND. I always had wind to take off into before today. Man I had to use almost every inch of the runway and got it off the 3rd time. It lands beautiful with no wind. Floats Down like the Space Shuttle.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Vettster

Wellp! No more flying for me till my replacment fuesalage gets here[] I had just received my wings useing my P-51 Mustang at my feild and minutes later everyone wanted to see the jet fly. No problem, I put on a great show using the 2200mah batt and it was windier than ever. All was good for about 8 min till the power started to drop quickly and with the wind so stong I couldnt bring it out of the loop fast enough and drove it straight into the end of the feild. The battery did most of the damage as it ripped its way through the entire front section. I hope to have it back to gether for our "Rafale Rally" Joe. By the way that should be around Aug 23

fossoman! I am now hand launching this thing cause it has so much power, But! with the 2200mah in it I have to use the Bungee. I tried hand laucnhing it and it hit the deck like dead duck. With the extra weight your going to need an extra boost. Why dont you attach a rocket!lol hum...............

Hey Fossoman! I just watched your video and now I know why your under powered. They gave you a JohnDear motor!!.
Nice vid though
Old 07-28-2008, 05:15 AM
SoppyJoe

Fossman,

Make a 1/2 to 3/4 inch longer nose strut. This will make your takeoffs a breeze, probably under 25ft. I have a guy here that bought one from me and he does half throttle takeoffs! His just floats off the runway.

Vet,

Sorry to hear about your crash[] If you dont have it fixed, you can fly mine.

Joey
Old 07-28-2008, 08:04 AM
Vettster

ORIGINAL: SoppyJoe

Vet,

Sorry to hear about your crash[] If you dont have it fixed, you can fly mine.

Joey
REALLY JOE! I can fly Yours!! Do you know how much money I can save on gas, not having to lug that thing all the way down there.lol

Thanks buddy, BUt I sure hope to be flying mine.

So guys. This means a whole new paint job. What would you like to see this time.

Trev
Old 07-28-2008, 04:37 PM
fossoman

Lets see a zebra stripe paint job my favorite had a helicopter painted that way
Old 08-03-2008, 06:57 PM
fossoman

hey what happened to everybody lets keep this thread alive. Oh YEah I crashed My Rafale yesterday Saturday. SMASHED IT UP. Tore the nose off it. Pancaked it sending the battery flying through the bottom of it. I lined up the front again and EXPANDO FOAM to the rescue had to fill in the parts that were egshelled too bad to reconstruct. Totally pilot error no fault of the plane. Just got too far away to see which way was which.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Vettster

Sorry to hear of your bad luck Fossman

Im missing every second I dont have the RAf. I bought the Kyosho Jet Vision with the swing wings so I would have a jet to fly while my parts for the RAF are on the way. Whell! this thing is SO!!! underpowered, its just the complete opposite of the RAF Ive crashed it twice already and Ive only flown it 4 times. The swing wing is neat but now Ive just had to order a whole new EDF unit with a better motor just to give it a fighting chance. MAN! do I miss the RAF.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:56 AM
SoppyJoe

ORIGINAL: fossoman

hey what happened to everybody lets keep this thread alive. Oh YEah I crashed My Rafale yesterday Saturday. SMASHED IT UP. Tore the nose off it. Pancaked it sending the battery flying through the bottom of it. I lined up the front again and EXPANDO FOAM to the rescue had to fill in the parts that were egshelled too bad to reconstruct. Totally pilot error no fault of the plane. Just got to far away to see which way was which.
That sucks[]

Joey
Old 08-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Vettster

Hows that phantom comming Joe. have you flown it yet.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:45 PM
getmorc
My Feedback: (6)

Hay joe. I can't wait to fly the rafale my 70mm f-20 is wright behind it and i have a cermark mb339 with a os 91 with a bvm fan I'm going to have alot of fun when the cool wheather comes here lol
Old 08-05-2008, 08:03 PM
SoppyJoe

ORIGINAL: vettster

Hows that phantom comming Joe. have you flown it yet.
Phantom hasn't flown yet, I hope this weekend she will fly. I will post some pics and a flight report...good or bad

GetMore, your gonna love the Rafale, its just blast to fly. Have you flown the cermark yet?
Joey
Old 08-06-2008, 07:02 PM
getmorc
My Feedback: (6)

Joey no I haven't yet but it has flown before. I did some changes to it and now it is ready to fly.
I am waiting on some cooler wheather to go fly it. I have to drive 30 miles to fly that bird and when I go Im going to take all my jet stuff and make a hole day of it. good luck with the phantom I love that jet
I might have to add that to my hanger. lol
Old 08-12-2008, 04:24 PM
fossoman

Patched up my Rafale with expando foam and gorilla glue. Flys like new again.

Name:	Yw67808.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1010009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99184.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1010010  
Old 08-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Vettster

well at least your flying again. Im still waiting for parts on the good side of the news.....my 4800klv outrunner motor just showed up, WoooHoooo

check out this link : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=871698

look at what buddies up to on page 4
Old 08-13-2008, 07:36 PM
fossoman

Let me know how that works with the motor upgrade. You lookin to rip the wings off it. whats the stock motor 1800 KV tops. would be cool to go unlimited vertical. But my problem is the wings are so short its hard to see which way it is facing at a distance. Hence my first major crash. I stay a little closer now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nikz5hUCIIU

Happy flying love this planes looks and even with my lack of good piloting skills Im having a blast with it.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Vettster

Actually I think the stock motor is 4300kv I know this cause when I replaced it with the Turnigey 4040 it just didnt go like it did before and I think i seen that purple motor somewere before with the specs.

Hey! any landing without braking things off is a good one! and great tunes on your vid.

Id be happy if the fues would get here. its been a while. But other stuff I ordered is starting to show up, so maybe it wont be long now.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 PM
fossoman

Vettster Hey fly a little mellower next time will ya. One thing that didnt hurt mine was I filled up all that hollow space where the front wheel is you know behind it All that is open space and structurally weak just thin foam. I filled it with expando Foam the Hard setting variety. took the wires and put them up high. Heres a pic./
Thinking of filling the nose up too.

Name:	Tr51544.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1011692  
Old 08-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Vettster

Thats another great Idea with the exspando foam. Way to go! Infact since I dont even use the nose gear I could remove the servo and mount it in the back then fill the front fues with Exspando. The servo will add weight to the back wear its need to counter the 2200mah battery. Good thinking Fossman.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:21 PM
fossoman

hey what motor and esc combo did you end up with. Will it go unlimited vertical now? I like mine ok for now but extra power would be nice after I get more comfortable with it.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Vettster

ORIGINAL: fossoman

hey what motor and esc combo did you end up with. Will it go unlimited vertical now? I like mine ok for now but extra power would be nice after I get more comfortable with it.
Oh its going to go vertical like craZy now. I wired it up and hit the throttle and MAN does this thing have thrust now!!! but what it doesnt have is a fueslage!! Im pretty sure those idiots at H Lobby screwed up my order. I sent them 3 emails and they havent answered one of them. Been looking around Canada for a replacement to no avail. Dont know what to do now. Those freaking morons dont want to sell me one and I cant find any hear. So I guess it time to contact China.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:01 PM
fossoman

VETTSTER Hobby Lobby is right here in TN Where Im at now. Ive been there I bought mine directly from there its a 35 minute drive from my house. The problem is not that they dont want to sell you one. They Dont have ANY. Theyve been waiting for the parts to be shipped from china. They are way overdue They had a few and sold out but they never got the Fuselages in yet only little stuff extra Li POs Landing gear ETC. They had some of the parts in stock but sold out right away. But they havent got the fuselages yet. This plane is in popular demand and hobby lobby isnt the only one selling them. I think most of the stuff is going to other countries. They had set an arrival date for each of the parts and some were in stock now all parts say Available Soon. I Keep checking every week. Forget about the phone they dont answer the phone worth a crap. Your very lucky if you can get someone to talk to you. But I will say they did me right but I was face to face with them. Which is why I got the esc and motor.
I will let you know the minute I find out anything cause I need a fuselage too.
HERE is the link to Famous Electronic Tech site or whatever they call themselves http://www.fmsmodel.com/Engdy.asp?En...an%20Airplanes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.