Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

VPro Mig Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 11:51 PM
jayhrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VPro Mig Feedback

Anyone flying the VPro Mig? I read the review on RCU and bought one. Great flier and fast. Has not been a lot of traffic on this jet other than the thread that the reviewer started. Would be interested in any feedback from other owners. Seems that every one is looking for a fast jet that can be hand lunched and this the one in my opinion. Bungee launch was a complete disaster; just not predictable. Been hand launching with great success. Interested in other opinions and setups.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:03 PM
CAP232Pilot-RCU

Default RE: VPro Mig Feedback

Well I guess I will be the first then. First of all I love the Mig-15, most beautiful airplane ever, my opinion of course. Hand launch NOT!!!! Nice airplane. Never made it into the sky. Several hand and bungee launches and I never got to fly it. I liked the plane. Not a bad setup for equipment. The elevator servo has something to be desired. If not setup correctly you get differential in the throws which can cause roll. I had to do mine twice before I was happy, and it still was not that nice, you could see the difference in throws by eye if you looked down the nose to the tail. It is a small wing for its size. I have a HET F-20 with that battery, ESC, motor and fan combo in it, from the MIG. It flies great in that. The cheater holes did collect a lot of fodder from the ground when it slid in on launch attempts. Before I put the fan in my F-20 I had to clean it out real good. I may try another one sometime but not time in the near future. I know others have had good luck and others have had the same luck as me, it see, split 50/50. One last point, the decals didn't stick and no matter what I did just didn't want to follow the compound curves of the fuse. Hope this helps.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:00 PM
jayhrc

Default RE: VPro Mig Feedback

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. BUNGEE LAUNCH WITH THEIR SUPPLIED BUNGIE ONLY GAVE ME 2 FLIGHTS OUT OF 7 ATTEMPTS. THEN I DECIDED TO HAND LAUNCH AND TO THIS DAY HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER. I AM PROBABLY UP TO 10-12 WORRY-FREE FLIGHTS. REMEMBER TO INSTALL A THRUST TUBE. THIS IS A MUST AND NOT LISTED IN THE INSTRUCTIONS. THE SPEED IS AMAZING AND WITH THE 4-CELL 32O0 LIPO I CAN FLY FOR 7 MINUTES WITH THROTTLE MANAGEMENT. I AM ALSO FLYING WITH A 4-
CELL 2200. SHORTER FLIGHTS BUT FASTER.

THE ONLY DECALS THAT GAVE ME PROBLEMS WERE THE NUMBERS AT THE FRONT. YOU MUST CUT THE #'S OUT COMPLETELY WITH NO FIELD FILM. THEY WILL STICK. ALL OTHER DECALS (STARS) ARE WORRY-FREE.