Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Motor won't run?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 10:05 AM
jag215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor won't run?

I just got a towerpro motor/esc combo and installed it on my slowstick. I have a good fully charged 3s/1100mah lipo, and i am getting continuity between all my connections. I am using a skysport 3 ch. radio with no throttle trim available and it is all the way down. I plug in as instructed and get a tone from the motor, but nothing else happens. (no more tones) How can I program this combo to work. I have also tried with the throttle all the way up like the instructions said that came with the esc, nothing happened also. any help appreciated thanks jag
Old 10-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: Motor won't run?

Skysport.. isn't that Futaba? Have you reversed the throttle channel/servo?
Old 10-02-2010, 10:46 AM
jag215

I got it to run, My electric mentor gave me some suggestions last night and he pointed my in the right direction. I had the esc plugged into the battery slot on the reciever, so I put it in the throttle slot. Motor ran in reverse, crossed the battery wires, now I am in business. Thanks jag
Old 10-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Dr Kiwi

Motor ran in reverse, crossed the battery wires

I do hope you mean you reversed two of the wires from the ESC to the motor... if you had reversed the battery wires the ESC would have fried instantaneously.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:50 AM
grimmy55

ALWAYS turn on the tx before you power up plane otherwise your motor wont run you will then hear the ESC count the battery cells and servos like beep beep beep silence then another 3 beeps then away it goes the motor I mean off course before you put prop on check direction of rotation
Old 11-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Phantomfan
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Dr.Kiwi, I read jag's post and your replies. I am new to electrics too and have trouble getting motor to run. Plugged everything correctly checked and re-checked. Tx ON, plug in batt and only the 2 servos work. There is adiode on the motor across the terminalsand correct polarity too. But when I connect motor dircectly to the batt it runs like a dream. ESC is brand new as is everything..and batt fully charged. ESC servo lead is connected to THRO on rx.
Can you please tell me what is wrong or what I'm doing wrong ??? Thank you. Paul
Old 11-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Dr Kiwi

ORIGINAL: Phantomfan

Hi Dr.Kiwi, I read jag's post and your replies. I am new to electrics too and have trouble getting motor to run. Plugged everything correctly checked and re-checked. Tx ON, plug in batt and only the 2 servos work. There is a diode on the motor across the terminals and correct polarity too. But when I connect motor dircectly to the batt it runs like a dream. ESC is brand new as is everything..and batt fully charged. ESC servo lead is connected to THRO on rx.
Can you please tell me what is wrong or what I'm doing wrong ??? Thank you. Paul
I wonder whether you have a Futaba Tx: Have you reversed the throttle channel/servo?

Old 11-30-2010, 04:41 PM
grimmy55

Hi make sure you have BEC wire plugged into number 3 on your receiver it,ll still work if you plugged it into any other plug but not the motor BEC but must be into number 3 as this is throttle and as above post states make sure throttle is operating correctly ie down for no throttle up for full power
Old 11-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Phantomfan

Thanks for the replies guys.

It is a standard 2.4 g radio nothing fancy and I have connected the ESC to the no.3 (THRO). What is and where do I find the BEC wire mentioned ? The throttle stick and servo are not reversed.

Thanks

Paul

Old 12-01-2010, 12:32 AM
grimmy55

the BEC(battery eliminater Circuit)_ is the servo wire that comes out of the battery side of the ESC(electronic speed controler)plug that into 3 just a pity I cant come and help (I originally come fromWorongary on the Gold Coast)or maybe I can help if you have skpye with a web cam
Old 12-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Phantomfan

Thanks grimmy, I thought you were from the US !! I will try that and if it does not work, I will set up my webcam so you can have a look. Thanks again.

Paul